Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

witch_flies_4.gif
wizardhouse.jpg
423527_3094067225587_1081238173_329877.jpg
dancing_fruit.gif
felix.gif
jscrow.gif

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

Be sure to set the Quality to 1080/720p.

#2 7 years ago

Thank you for posting high quality vids. It always amazes me how the first videos of anything tend to be 240p resolution.

#3 7 years ago

Awesome....

#4 7 years ago

Love it! Kids love it, wife loves it, cannot wait for it to get here

#5 7 years ago

Do you guys like how the witch moves down in decrements? I thought she would fall down in similar fashion to the Iron Monger.

#6 7 years ago

This things gonna be so sweeeet!

I know of 6 of these machines already ordered Btwn the 5 boroughs of NYC!!

-jon

#7 7 years ago

It appears as they are using an Eddy. There are times where the witch "melts" where no contact with her is made but it passes past her or over her magnet(s).

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

This things gonna be so sweeeet!
I know of 6 of these machines already ordered Btwn the 5 boroughs of NYC!!
-jon

You counting me Jon?

#9 7 years ago

yep.

you, mike (island), 2 for me, and 2 for pinaholic.

and those are just the ones i know of...

-jon

#10 7 years ago

It looks like it might have some flow.

#11 7 years ago

If Wizard Of Oz is your bag it looks like fun. For the rest of us it doesn't look like it's anything special. It's got a bunch of toys, and a couple mini play fields to break up the flow nicely, but besides an LCD how is this a next generation pinball?

#12 7 years ago

Thanks !

#13 7 years ago

I'm lovin those trump bumpers! It sure plays more smoothly than I thought it would for a wide body. Looks like we might have a winner here folks.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If Wizard Of Oz is your bag it looks like fun. For the rest of us it doesn't look like it's anything special. It's got a bunch of toys, and a couple mini play fields to break up the flow nicely, but besides an LCD how is this a next generation pinball?

computer controlled color changing LED, credit card acceptance, clear coat on the outside of the cabinet.

the first two appeal towards the newer generation that expects multiple color and doesn't care cash.

the second appeals to the route/collectors that don't want to have their cabinets wear in the sun or have the area around the flipper buttons worn down to the wood.

these are just a couple of the things that i can think of, i am sure others will help me out here.

#15 7 years ago

I understand what Jalpert is saying. I'll hold my opinion until I play the finished product though.

Nmeun that stuff is all "bling". I'm a player, I'm interested in gameplay. I'm really not seeing anything that groundbreaking. Looking forward to seeing the actual ruleset.

#16 7 years ago

AC/DC is technically the first game released with computer controlled color changing LEDs. They aren't in the code yet, but it will be before woz is released.

I guess I can give you credit card acceptance and clear on the cab, but that doesn't make it a next gen game.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

computer controlled color changing LED, credit card acceptance, clear coat on the outside of the cabinet.

It's probably going to be a fun game, and since KJ is doing the rules they will be killer. But the next generation of pinball, I dunno. And why oh why is it the Wizard Of Oz.

Quoted from hawkeye11:

Nmeun that stuff is all bling. I'm a player, I'm interested in gameplay. I'm really not seeing anything that groundbreaking. Looking forward to seeing the actual ruleset.

#17 7 years ago

I'm not a fan of upper playfields, but overall the game looks fantastic.

#18 7 years ago

I like what JJP is doing but I really dislike the theme. However, the theme is widely recognizable and is apt to draw people to it that otherwise would not approach a pinball machine. Having said that, the witch looks awesome as do the tree bumpers. Looking forward to their next title.

#19 7 years ago

Still looks awesome!

#20 7 years ago

Regarding the theme. I have spoke with many folks outside the pinball world about WOZ. It is pretty amazing how many of them could care less about pinball until I say WOZ is coming and it has never been done before. They typically light up bit and say I want to come see it when you get it. Ladies and kids typically and some men but interested in the least. Good for pinball. I do believe that Jack picked a good starter theme. I really do.

#21 7 years ago

So they are taking cards? Interesting. I wonder how that will affect the replay value. I only ever put in enough quarters for one credit at a time unless there's a break at two dollars or whatever. If I put all the money in I intended to spend then it would never reset to the baseline level. So if I use a card to put five or ten bucks on it is the replay value just going to go up and up and up?

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Regarding the theme. I have spoke with many folks outside the pinball world about WOZ. It is pretty amazing how many of them could care less about pinball until I say WOZ is coming and it has never been done before. They typically light up bit and say I want to come see it when you get it. Ladies and kids typically and some men but interested in the least. Good for pinball. I do believe that Jack picked a good starter theme. I really do.

WOZ isn't an appealing theme for most of us on this site, but it is a good theme (good vs. evil, timeless story, etc.). Compare WOZ to all the crappy movie theme pins in the 90s and 2000s...

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

WOZ isn't an appealing theme for most of us on this site

Speak for yourself...

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Just about anybody that is over the age of 38 remembers when there were only 3 major channels on TV (not counting PBS the 3 were ABC, NBC, and CBS). Also, the Wizard of Oz movie was only broadcasted once a year and was not available on VHS, etc. like it is now, thus for many it was an annual family event to watch the movie. I have nothing but great memories from each year, popping some popcorn and watching the movie with my brother and parents.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

coasterguy said:Regarding the theme. I have spoke with many folks outside the pinball world about WOZ. It is pretty amazing how many of them could care less about pinball until I say WOZ is coming and it has never been done before. They typically light up bit and say I want to come see it when you get it. Ladies and kids typically and some men but interested in the least. Good for pinball. I do believe that Jack picked a good starter theme. I really do.
WOZ isn't an appealing theme for most of us on this site, but it is a good theme (good vs. evil, timeless story, etc.). Compare WOZ to all the crappy movie theme pins in the 90s and 2000s...

Considering there are over 100 confirmed WOZ LE purchases from this site alone at a 6500-7500 dollar price point I also beg to differ

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

coasterguy said:

It is funny how generational themes can be. I am 43 and was 16 when Transformers was invented so I have absolutely no interest in that theme. It came after I was too old to play with toys anymore. That theme has a very limited age group to appeal to (basically 40 and under, and normally people that are under 25 years old don't have money to buy NIB pinball machines).

#27 7 years ago

I think it's a great theme, probably one of the best un-tapped pin theme of all time, but it may get annoying to some.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

GoBlue said:WOZ isn't an appealing theme for most of us on this site
Speak for yourself...

There aren't many themes I would prefer to WOZ.

#29 7 years ago

I'm not a comic book fan and the xmen theme doesn't really appeal to me. I ordered one hoping it will be awesome gameplay with the center ball lock and magnet. If the art and game video's don't astonish me I will probably cancel. Or take delivery and turn around and sell it.

#30 7 years ago

alexlevy says, "1080 WoZ video's from E3"

Where are the other 1,076?

#31 7 years ago

We should get a bunch of us Jersey Guys to visit Jack. (I'm going end of June, early July)

jscrow.gif

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

*insert Debbie Downer .gif here

#33 7 years ago

felix.gif

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

coasterguy said:Regarding the theme. I have spoke with many folks outside the pinball world about WOZ. It is pretty amazing how many of them could care less about pinball until I say WOZ is coming and it has never been done before. They typically light up bit and say I want to come see it when you get it. Ladies and kids typically and some men but interested in the least. Good for pinball. I do believe that Jack picked a good starter theme. I really do.
Just about anybody that is over the age of 38 remembers when there were only 3 major channels on TV (not counting PBS the 3 were ABC, NBC, and CBS). Also, the Wizard of Oz movie was only broadcasted once a year and was not available on VHS, etc. like it is now, thus for many it was an annual family event to watch the movie. I have nothing but great memories from each year, popping some popcorn and watching the movie with my brother and parents.

Those monkeys and the WWotE freaked me out as a kid. But then I saw Wicked and realized they were just misunderstood.

The pop bumpers look great. The left upper playfield looks sweet and the witch is bad ass. I don't have a horse in this race, but this is a great day for anyone that plays pinball.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

jalpert said:

I am not sure Jalpert wants pinball to be pinball anymore. What is supposed to change to make it next generation? JJP is making new toys, new lighting systems, LCD instead of antiquated DMD and new improved playfield and cabinet printing. If you change it in more drastic ways it probably becomes something other than pinball like video games or redemption games.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

NY2Colorado said:jalpert said:
I am not sure Jalpert wants pinball to be pinball anymore. What is supposed to change to make it next generation? JJP is making new toys, new lighting systems, LCD instead of antiquated DMD and new improved playfield and cabinet printing. If you change it in more drastic ways it probably becomes something other than pinball like video games or redemption games.

What I love about pinball is that, to its core, it hasn't really changed much in 20 years. If it changes too much, then it ceases to be pinball to me. Just my two cents.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Considering there are over 100 confirmed WOZ LE purchases from this site alone at a 6500-7500 dollar price point I also beg to differ

Maybe I exaggerated a little, but there is a lot of WOZ theme bashing on this site!

#38 7 years ago

From the videos, this game has tons of cool toys, but terrible and I mean Champion Pub terrible flow, or lack of flow. Remember that game had lots of cool toys too, but man was it a dog to play. I hope my initial impressions are wrong, but right now I am really hoping the rumor is true that Lawlor is on board for game two.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'm not a comic book fan and the xmen theme doesn't really appeal to me. I ordered one hoping it will be awesome gameplay with the center ball lock and magnet. If the art and game video's don't astonish me I will probably cancel. Or take delivery and turn around and sell it.

Same here. Its just so hard to predict being that we have no pics of anything yet and ya just never know what to expect from Stern's for quality although it does sound like they are stepping up to the plate on this one. Not a WOZ fan, but having dealt with Jack in the past I trust him, his experience, his skills and his love of the hobby enough to have gotten in on the ground floor for WOZ LE and I trust that it will be a great playing game. He put quite a team of talented people together to develop it, and I doubt they would build a turd. If nothing else I'm sure it will ship with nearly completed code....and if not Jack WILL make it right later. Too bad we cannot say that for sure with Xmen since Stern's already has so many games out there with unfinished code.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from SecretSaver:

From the videos, this game has tons of cool toys, but terrible and I mean Champion Pub terrible flow, or lack of flow. Remember that game had lots of cool toys too, but man was it a dog to play. I hope my initial impressions are wrong, but right now I am really hoping the rumor is true that Lawlor is on oars for game two.

I would like to see a better player like Keith Johnson playing it with concentration. It is hard to tell what the flow is like. Those videos looked like average players not really even trying very hard because they were busy talking while playing.

#41 7 years ago

Who can make a call on flow yet? What a knee jerk.

#42 7 years ago

Pinball always seems so clunky and slow with no music to tie it all together.

#43 7 years ago

Yes, nycolorado...very true

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

alexlevy says, "1080 WoZ video's from E3"
Where are the other 1,076?

LOL. I lost the URL's

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We should get a bunch of us Jersey Guys to visit Jack. (I'm going end of June, early July)

Attachments jscrow.gif (8 KB, 0 downloads) 28 minutes old

I'm down. I'm fairly local.

#46 7 years ago

Wow, I'm speechless. Kudos to JJP for producing a visually stimulating machine. I hope that the gameplay matches the effort. Without gameplay, a pretty machine becomes a piece of expensive furniture.

Randy

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

I'm a player, I'm interested in gameplay. I'm really not seeing anything that groundbreaking. Looking forward to seeing the actual ruleset.

The mini-playfield looks like a snooze fest; never really like them.

Robert

#48 7 years ago

Jersey Party coming sooon! Let's all get in touch...

dancing_fruit.gif

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Jersey Party coming sooon! Let's all get in touch...

Attachments dancing_fruit.gif (16.7 KB, 0 downloads) 1 minute old

I am 15 minutes from JJP. Let me know.

#50 7 years ago

I see a TON of complaints about WoZ not being "Revolutionary" or <Insert Derogatory Term Here>, What I haven't seen is constructive suggestions on what would fix the issues they bring up.

The next person that says "XXX about WoZ sucks" without following it up with "And heres what would make it NOT suck..." doesn't deserve attention. All that ends up being is bitching for the sake of being noticed.

For example:

[The WoZ LED's aren't revolutionary]... (But what would make it awesome is if you could entire playfield gradients that react to triggers and targets.)

Between the [ ] is non constructive and ridiculous. Add between ( ) and you turned a bit of trolling into something that Jack may read and go Hmm.. not a bad idea.

The one thing I can tell immediately that differs JJP from Stern is that Customer Input is key to him. He reads the forums and subsequently posts to get input and insight from his target audience. I haven't seen any correspondence from Stern on these forums soliciting feedback.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside