Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 646 posts
  • 213 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Medisinyl
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220705-095959_Chrome.jpg
    13b433e3b24b1456.jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    6B655CE5-0F16-4202-B770-7E780C0A6253 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220704-211946_Chrome (resized).jpg
    E295593C-3F31-423E-AD7E-B9C92D62B91A (resized).jpeg
    7459D351-E94A-40DA-AFCA-DCACCE0CB2B3.gif
    71098B3B-2EAE-49B6-B32D-D14FD853B9D4 (resized).jpeg
    E9FF6B02-2D45-4CF1-9308-A6623B7EC12E.jpeg
    f66efa18-b5dc-4796-b70f-c50718379fd4_500 (resized).png
    A845C7EC-63DF-4F83-8146-A6C4718C1A4B (resized).jpeg
    54137CDB-824A-4444-BF9B-BEA088DE3539 (resized).jpeg
    1B09B80E-7E8F-41CA-8952-83BCE9AC3409.gif
    DBE1D058-303C-4DB3-9D53-AAC9CACE432D (resized).png
    2836840c0a1c9a684ee5fab4b83947aacca4f154 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 646 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
    #601 1 year ago

This is what happens when John finds his whale.

#602 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

This is what happens when John finds his whale.

LOL

#603 1 year ago

Also... as a cyber security guy...

Screenshot_20220704-211946_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220704-211946_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #604 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

SNES and I are working hard trying to help John find his whale. Who else is helping?

Maybe all the fireworks are scaring the whales away?

#605 1 year ago

DEATHEVOKATION.
    If you know you know.
    That is all.

#606 1 year ago

The Deeproot Pinball Fiasco, & the word puzzles. People are getting close to some more hidden info.

#607 1 year ago
    Quoted from SNES:

Maybe all the fireworks are scaring the whales away?

I think you are right…

6B655CE5-0F16-4202-B770-7E780C0A6253 (resized).jpeg6B655CE5-0F16-4202-B770-7E780C0A6253 (resized).jpeg
    #608 1 year ago

My take is that John is bored in his retirement and has a lot of free time on his hands.

#609 1 year ago

Fuck it, your wore me down.
    Can't take it anymore,. I'm in!
    Send me your Venmo

#610 1 year ago

What are the odds he is trying to make JPop’s Alice in Wonderland or some shit like that?

#611 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

A guide to whaling - targeted phishing
    attacks aimed at senior executives.

I thought whaling was trying to score fat chicks on the Jersey beach.

#612 1 year ago

Some of us remember the Gary gold days of investment. Pinball machines have done way better as a investment the last 20 years. Stuff was bought up for a reason at the Deeproot Pinball Auction.

#613 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I thought whaling was trying to score fat chicks on the Jersey beach.

Didn't take $100K either. A few smokes would do it.

LTG : )

#614 1 year ago

After reading through this thread, the only logical conclusion I can possibly reach is that this is...

The greatest troll thread of all time!!

Congrats, OP!

#615 1 year ago

Nevermind.

#616 1 year ago

We didnt get a beer consumed for the day count.

#617 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

The Deeproot Pinball Fiasco, & the word puzzles. People are getting close to some more hidden info.

SCRABBLE the Pinball !!!

#618 1 year ago

Hold on, I know its somewhere around here.......

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #619 1 year ago

I work now and again for a billionaire, he owns a Fortune 500 company and trust me, every $5 is accounted for and watched over carefully. Pays really well but your bill better be straight up perfect.

Rich people didn't get rich being a "whale", they are very careful with their money.

#620 1 year ago

So what is the criteria for this to be added to the best of Pinside post?

Do we have to wait until Sep 1?

Or March 2023

Edit:
    NVM I see it has already graced the thread. Instant classic. What is the monthly fee to subscribe for more? I’m guessing whatever 100,000/(days to sep1)

#621 1 year ago

We believe you.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
    #622 1 year ago
    Quoted from waymon:

So what is the criteria for this to be added to the best of Pinside post?
    Do we have to wait until Sep 1?
    Or March 2023

Made the HOF days ago.

#623 1 year ago

Filet of Fish Tales.Oh whale yeah!

#624 1 year ago

I can't wait for John to Orca-nize this venture!

#625 1 year ago

Has to be Goonies ...

#626 1 year ago

Nickelback for the win

#627 1 year ago

Looking for a whale....here ya go!

#628 1 year ago

This thread is starting to feel like elder abuse.

John, JFC, read the room already.

#629 1 year ago

Whales everywhere!

13b433e3b24b1456.jpg13b433e3b24b1456.jpg

#631 1 year ago

Screenshot_20220705-095959_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220705-095959_Chrome.jpg

#632 1 year ago

Sooooo what are your takes on possible name/theme for this upcoming pin? Here's my hottest tips (in no particular order):

Whale A Wonka
    Hot Whales
    Whaled In
    Whales N Roses
    Whale A Lorian
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Whales
    Whale Story 4
    Whalezilla
    Whale Zeppelin
    Deadwhale
    Walking Whale
    Gone Whaling
    No good whales
    Twilight Whale
    Iron Whale
    Star Whale
    Guardians of the Whales
    Whale Park
    Whale Canyon
    Oktober Whale
    Stranger Whales
    Black Whale
    Bat Whale
    Whale Busters
    Whale-Man
    Game Of Whales
    Whoa Whalie
    X-Whale
    Whale Legacy
    The Rolling Whales
    The Lord Of The Whales
    The Whale Family
    Pin-Whale
    Lethal Whale 3

#633 1 year ago

Ok. I never post really, ever; BUT: This is ridiculous. We "collectively" disown John as a Canadian Citizen. (Sorry, but yes; we can do this: We had a vote...)
    He is now a member or citizen of "Whale-Landia": Which really doesn't exist at all I am afraid my friends. However; In someone's mind it may be real indeed.

If this fictitious place actually existed: It is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean where all flights land; And, no one really goes there ever; for any reason at all.
    It is an obtuse right angle triangle to the quadrilateral left of: "Oh my good god" build a f*ckin pinball machine or shut the f*ck up!; as you embarrass yourself.

Please lock this thread up mods. Please do. It is so blatantly silly. Absolutely Unreal.
    A friend posted this to me recently; and I simply didn't believe it was true... seriously.

Let's move on to "real" things. (fun read)
    Cheers. Salut. All the very best. (but damn)

Move on John.
    Best if you do.

Wild.
    Crazy.

#634 1 year ago

Oh, and if this was a clever marketing ploy...
    We still voted you out of the country already anyway...

#635 1 year ago
    Quoted from JayLar:

Sooooo what are your takes on possible name/theme for this upcoming pin? Here's my hottest tips (in no particular order):
    Whale A Wonka
    Hot Whales
    Whaled In
    Whales N Roses
    Whale A Lorian
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Whales
    Whale Story 4
    Whalezilla
    Whale Zeppelin
    Deadwhale
    Walking Whale
    Gone Whaling
    No good whales
    Twilight Whale
    Iron Whale
    Star Whale
    Guardians of the Whales
    Whale Park
    Whale Canyon
    Oktober Whale
    Stranger Whales
    Black Whale
    Bat Whale
    Whale Busters
    Whale-Man
    Game Of Whales
    Whoa Whalie
    X-Whale
    Whale Legacy
    The Rolling Whales
    The Lord Of The Whales
    The Whale Family
    Pin-Whale
    Lethal Whale 3

Whale evil madness

#636 1 year ago

All's Whale That Ends Whale

#637 1 year ago

I talked with a knowledgeable person at the show along with David Fix. Told me the way to go is the rich people that usually do not post here, but see what is going on.

Even if the word "whale" was used privately in this conversation, I strongly suspect their advice wasn't to post publicly "I'm looking for a whale".

#638 1 year ago

While John continues to destroy any credibility he has left with this bizarre sales pitch let’s not forget he actually does really good work. This was posted in another thread 4 days ago:

Quoted from kruzman:

NOW I Remember. John, you are a prince!
    I am so impressed with the prep on this one. I thought it was an unfinished nos for most of the time i've had it. Its great to have potential projects around for when I or someone I know needs.
    I still prefer omni. I used to use PPG shop master I think it was called, and my dealer stopped carrying it. No one had it in my county. PPG told me that omni is the same material.

A few pages back I posted a list of John’s business related shortcomings. I think I missed one. Sales and Marketing. Stay in the workshop John. That is where you shine…

#639 1 year ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Even if the word "whale" was used privately in this conversation, I strongly suspect their advice wasn't to post publicly "I'm looking for a whale".

I do wonder what David thinks about being name dropped by OP repeatedly in this thread. OP keeps utilizing his name in an effort to give OP more credibility in a way that is only apparent to him. I have to feel OP is really enjoying this thread and simply having a good laugh.

We all recall JPop telling people with regards to Zidware that he just needed that one high end investor…just that one person willing to drop a half million on a work on art and to instead put that money in to pin development. I don’t think JPop used the word whale, but the target person of both JPop, Ahab, and OP are all the same.

#640 1 year ago

Does the Atlantic Ocean not have whales? I've seen plenty of whales in the Pacific, taking the ferry to Victoria

#641 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

Stay in the workshop John. That is where you shine…

#642 1 year ago

I wonder if the theme is Moby Dick, and this is some sort of meta teaser.

Moby Dick is in the public domain. All jokes aside, it could make for a good theme if done right.

#643 1 year ago

Talked with my first big whale last night & he knew the license well. Had a 6 pack of bottle beer to celebrate July 4 Holiday since it has been many years since I last saw my brother in Austin, Texas. There is another party that wants to get involved in cabinet builds in my area, & we will get together this month for some beer drinking. So now David Fix, & 1 Big Whale know the license.

#644 1 year ago

This thread seems to have turned into a sequel to the Deeproot thread, except it's been mashed up with a Trailer Park Boys level of intelligence and business acumen. John, you should call your new pinball venture Sunnyvale Pinball.

#645 1 year ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

I wonder if the theme is Moby Dick, and this is some sort of meta teaser.
    Moby Dick is in the public domain. All jokes aside, it could make for a good theme if done right.

It absolutely could. All this license crap makes me ill. Sure if You want to sell hundreds or even thousands then the theme has to be a recognizably strong draw but not for a boutique machine. AMH sold 500 copies I believe. RAZA could have done the same. Neither had recognizable licensing.

Look at Elwins Archer homebrew. A game that could basically be reskinned into anything. And was. Now the dude is a highly successful designer with some of the best new games out there. Again no license was needed for that door to swing open.

I say look no further than TS4 to see how hamstrung a license can be. Disney is notorious for being the worst out there and with that game it shows. Go read the virtually inactive owners thread and feel the underlying sentiment regarding that game.

So stop with the the license nonsense please. Among other things…

#646 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

AMH sold 500 copies I believe.

Only 150 AMH...154 with prototypes.

There are 646 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/100k-whale-investor-for-licensed-game/page/13?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.