Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2029 (resized).JPG
59B38BF1-C70A-4DEE-AE37-8A82E47EF601 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
A64CF37E-CE5F-49DB-A9BF-467D3D2DFD8A (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Bally Night Rider em. When you rollover 100k, the buzzer stays on. Quite annoying.

A64CF37E-CE5F-49DB-A9BF-467D3D2DFD8A (resized).jpegA64CF37E-CE5F-49DB-A9BF-467D3D2DFD8A (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

If the delay is controlled by a blinker bulb, then it might have shorted out or someone didn’t install a 455. Just a guess.

Dave

#3 4 years ago

As noted above, the Delay relay uses a 455 flasher bulb, which might be burnt. It is right there by the relay so it will be easy to find.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#4 4 years ago

Bulb stays on. I removed it and buzzer does not activate at all, which is preferable to being stuck on. Are there different 455 bulbs? I tried a few I have on hand and no change. Bulb stays lit for good.

59B38BF1-C70A-4DEE-AE37-8A82E47EF601 (resized).jpeg59B38BF1-C70A-4DEE-AE37-8A82E47EF601 (resized).jpeg
#5 4 years ago

I’d plug that bulb into a playfield or backbox socket and see if it ever blinks. Seems odd to have a bunch that don’t blink. I have found some that blink on or off at weird rates so that they don’t look good in the back box and then I swap them out. Sometime old ones are better, other times I prefer brand new ones.

The delay circuit is counting on the current draw to be low enough that the light stays on so you hear the buzzer, but not forever, so that when the bulb heats up and blinks, it lets the relay drop.

#6 4 years ago

there is a #55 lamp that has the same bulbous glass design but doesn't flash with a standard filament.

the #455 lamp has a bi-metal filiment inside.

I think you can see the difference in this pic.

IMG_2029 (resized).JPGIMG_2029 (resized).JPG
#7 4 years ago

When I picked up an Aladdin’s Castle it had a 55 bulb in more or less the same circuit. I had a spare 455 but it wasn’t flashing. Bought some new ones from pbresource and the first one worked as it should and the buzzer only stayed on as long as the bulb stayed lit (about a second or so). Good luck!

#8 4 years ago

I put in an old 455 bulb I had and it works correctly now; buzzed for about 3 seconds and stops. I guess the batch of new 455’s I have don’t cut it for this application. Thanks everybody!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/100k-buzzer-stuck-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.