(Topic ID: 160512)

10,000 games manufactured...could GB do it?

By Pinballer07

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fantasygoat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Can GB get to 10k units manufactured?”

• Yes 33 votes
    21%
  • No 126 votes
    79%

(159 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WOF_Alt_Trans.jpg
WOF_ALT_Trans..jpg
doh.jpg
evil_kool_aid_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jtslade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 3 years ago

How much percent of something produced can it actually be before you have to do some internal justification on the term "Limited Edition"..

if its 500 LE GB pins

and 1000 Premium

and 2000 Pro's

then that is 14.285% so you are at about 15% for a Limited Edition.

of course anything sold beyond those over the next couple of years would push it toward the %10 Limited edition level.

If you never reveal how many are sold you never have to say what "limited" means.. Yes they of course only make so many and then stop but overall I think there is a consensus on what range Limited is from 10% to even 25% but if 40% or half were limited edition of total produced then it losses its value from a marketing and product standpoint. IMO of course.

#72 3 years ago

Was it 60 machines per day that can be assembled in the Stern plant? I remember seeing that somewhere.

If you 80/20 split your operation from new / currently produced machines then you can make

48 GB Pro's per day = a little over 41 days to produce the 2K Gb pro machines. Not sure if they work on Sundays?

was it 50% or more that go overseas for all Stern pins? If so then the 1000 pros that were made would of been about a month to produce last after the overseas ones are made.

My numbers need fixing as Im off.. I think they do a different split of new to current title manufacturing.

#73 3 years ago

They just have to guess at how many will be sold, because the number of LE's is fixed. They underestimated the demand for LE's for GB and maybe overestimated the demand for Xmen.

Do they say how many LE's were sold for all the other Pins Stern has released. Has it changed? You could maybe use a formula to determine how much they change the LE production number based on the sales of the prior pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jtslade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside