Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed.jpg
    image-802.jpg

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I never buy from places like Best Buy, but i've got a gift card with a grand on it. I figure a TV is the only thing worth buying; any suggestions?

#2 6 years ago

Another good option is a new fridge or new iPad

Game rooms always can use a good fridge.

Marcus

#3 6 years ago

Wait 5 years and buy the company with that!

#4 6 years ago

You should get a sub or two also.

#5 6 years ago

Buy items that will resell easily and turn that $1,000 into some pinball money

#6 6 years ago

Nice gift card. I go with iPad, or maybe new console, if you don't want, sell it. Frankly the small gameroom fridge and iPad are both great ideas.

#8 6 years ago

Kegerator, and a couple of line level subs for your pins.

#9 6 years ago

Sonos setup for the game room and a tablet to control it

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

I never buy from places like Best Buy, but i've got a gift card with a grand on it. I figure a TV is the only thing worth buying; any suggestions?

Does Best Buy sell gift cards to other stores?

#11 6 years ago

sub woofer for your pins
    surround sound
    main speakers
    hd player
    ipad
    hd tv
    i could go on.....

#12 6 years ago

Nothing...sell it for face value or take a little hit and take your cash to Amazon....everything you can get there is 10-15% cheaper on amazon.

#13 6 years ago

Sell gift card for $900, then use the $900 to buy a pinball machine.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Sell gift card for $900, then use the $900 to buy a pinball machine.

Agreed, you can usually end up getting 90-95% of value by selling it then do whatever you want with the cash.

#15 6 years ago

lol- and I thought it was bad when people asked for pin buying advice here.... not even sure where to start with this request

#16 6 years ago

Put it on CL for 9 bills and let some other chump deal with Worst Buy that place is a bad joke with no punchline.

#17 6 years ago

Starting tomorrow the Xbox One with a game is $350. Not bad if you don't have a next gen video game system yet.

#18 6 years ago

+1 for the Sonos sytem, it is awesome but your card will only buy you like a soundbar and 1 or 2 other speakers, you need the subwoofer so bring some cash too if you end up going that route.

#19 6 years ago

Just clicked this thread to say Sonos as well

#20 6 years ago

Go to points.com and trade the points for a card you need or for miles.

#22 6 years ago

half ounce of cocaine

#24 6 years ago

how about a nice set of computer speakers the Klipsch promedia 2.1 (older just what i have) are amazing. A lot of times people don't spurge on the audio side of there computer setup.

#26 6 years ago

Sell or use it quick, before they go under. The clocks ticking

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Sonos setup for the game room and a tablet to control it

Funny thats what I was going to say. I have seven zones and it works great.

#28 6 years ago

Seconded. I've used them before. The process is painless and easy.

#29 6 years ago

Will they let you use it at Futureshop? It is owned by the same company and Futureshop has nicer products.

#30 6 years ago

Wait until Black Friday..........

#31 6 years ago

100 copies of Purple Rain.

#32 6 years ago

Looks like most of the crowd here loves Sonos and doesn't like Best Buy. I have truely found my people

#33 6 years ago

It's a real pinball machine you know.
    image-802.jpg

#34 6 years ago

You could probably get 2 and maybe 3 USB cables with extended warranty.

#35 6 years ago

Buy your dad something cool.

vids, TV or new PC, tablet etc.. Maybe surround sound system etc..

#36 6 years ago

If you have an older Ipad, they've got a pretty good trade-in deal going for the Ipad Air 2.

#37 6 years ago

Price match them down on a new Samsung 4k UHD TV(curved or not, your option). Keep to the 8000 series or above. Their regular prices are usually pretty average, but they'll price match them to anybody, anywhere(at least my local BB will). That makes one of those TV's go from $2200 to $1700 in a flash. Use your gift card towards that. Do your homework on which Samsung is right for you and you'll get years of enjoyment out of it.

I did my homework on a Samsung DLP TV 9 years ago and it still looks beautiful today. Nice crisp clean lines and everything. Full HD, too, same as what they're broadcasting. I truly believe my DLP looks better than a lot of LCD's that are coming out today, simply based on how they handle scrolling text(like on the tickers on ESPN).

#38 6 years ago

3D TV. Fantastic!

#39 6 years ago

put that 1k towards a 4K tv or possibly one of the curved tv's.

or possibly a ps4 (destiny is amazing) / wiiu system (mariokart 8 is pretty sweet and some new DLC is being released this month too).

#40 6 years ago

Thirded. Got rid of a bunch of unwanted cards that way and combined them for Amazon credit.

You get more money for converting to a card you want than taking the cash payout, so take that into consideration.

#41 6 years ago

Don't buy a curved TV, that's like, my opinion man.

#42 6 years ago

whats the word on the street re curved tvs??

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Don't buy a curved TV, that's like, my opinion man.

#43 6 years ago

I don't have any personal experience with them other than in the store, but I've read plenty of articles that say it's just a gimmick and not worth the extra money.

Just google for "curved tv vs flat" and start reading. Here are some of them:

http://www.cnet.com/news/trouble-with-the-curve-what-you-need-to-know-about-curved-tvs/

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/07/are-curved-tvs-any-better-than-flat-screen-tvs/index.htm

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/curved-tv-bad-investment,news-18511.html

#44 6 years ago

Sell the card for cash, like $850.

#45 6 years ago

Sonos looks cool.
    Any more TV advice? Was thinking about a smart TV. I have a computer hooked up to my current TV, and don't have cable.. figure I can move the old tv to the kids play room. Curved TVs; serve the curve.
    unnamed.jpg

#46 6 years ago

Sonos is cool but freaking expensive. Buy a chromecast if you want a smart tv....

#47 6 years ago

I can't stand looking at curved tvs. The refraction gives me a headache. Next time you are in the store look at it. Once you see it you can't unsee it. And if you get a smart tv then make sure your router is pretty close. All tvs have the worst wireless receivers.

#48 6 years ago

Steam gift cards if PC gaming is your thang.

Edit: rumor had it you can get amazon gift cards there too.

#49 6 years ago

I told you already to send it to me and I will take care of it.. but if you are going to be selfish ..

Buy an Xbox One and games.. be smart about this..

#50 6 years ago

Sell it and add it to fund a new pin!

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside