Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinbwzrd
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150613_090321.jpg
    20150613_090258.jpg
    20150613_090316.jpg
    20150613_091329.jpg
    20150613_094450.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Not your usual Captain's auction, for sure...a bunch of wedgeheads, rare SSs (Asteroid Annie, Pinball Lizard, Attila the Hun etc.), rare GTB EMs (New York, Lariat, etc), a sample Nip-It with the original gator, woodrails, rare 50's arcades, a big ball bowler, a lot of very cool stuff never to be seen again in SoCal as well as an assortment of DMDs.

Most of it works, some doesn't, generally very nice playfields and BGs for most.

Disclaimer: I have games in this auction (no surprise if you've been to Pinball Forever) and get 20 seconds per game during the auction to talk key pinball history/art points on the games.

So many pinball games at one time that there will be good deals...I'm sure of that!

Preview this morning 10-1, tomorrow 9-11, auction at 11. NO modern arcades to sit through for hours, 100 seats and projected images during the auction. 11 AM tomorrow the pinballs start to sell. This is the way I always wished the Captain's auctions would be.

The list (no registration required to browse):
    http://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/bsccapt/catalogue-id-bsccapt10036

Even if you don't buy this will be a fun day for vintage pinball. Happy (early) father's day, and thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Looks like the captain landed the boat this trip, a ton of re-imports listed.

#3 8 years ago

I can't make the auction, family stuff, but from people talking about it I'm betting it will be well attended.

#4 8 years ago

I can't make the auction - I'm out of space.

Picked up a very nice looking TOTAN this week - which means I don't have to be tempted to see just how good or bad the one at the Captain's is. Or get suckered into anything else while I'm there. There is certainly a bunch on the list for this weekend that I could be tempted into.

Good luck to anyone who goes to bid. Don't forget the Captain's Tax and the Governor's Handout.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

I can't make the auction - I'm out of space.

That too! I'm actually over capacity by one game until the buyer can come pick up my Sky Jump.

#6 8 years ago

Wish I was closer, some great titles to be sure. Would love to see the hammer prices when all is said and done.

#8 8 years ago

15 percent premium for a local buyer. Another 15 percent for the seller. Captain has a good 30 percent rake! Governor's handout is at least another 8.5 percent or so.

#9 8 years ago

I can't make the Auction either and I too am technically out of space, but there are some really nice older games there. So, for the extra 3%, I will be bidding from the comfort of my own home!

The entire main warehouse is filled with only Pins other than some old arcade stuff up front. Its truly a sight to see.

#10 8 years ago

Looking for a Tommy, but at 26% fees...no thank you.

#11 8 years ago

Just a quick thanks for the kind words from everyone who's dropped by...had some great conversations about the games we all love! It'll be a great day today...with the number of games today there has never been a better place for someone who wants to enter the hobby to experience the range of games from every era, learn a little about their history, and actually be able to afford to take one home. See you in two hours!

#12 8 years ago

Jealous. Good luck with auction. Looks like some great machines for sale. And with that it is time for the old and trusty..... "Wish I was closer"

#13 8 years ago

20150613_094450.jpg20150613_094450.jpg
    20150613_091329.jpg20150613_091329.jpg
    20150613_090316.jpg20150613_090316.jpg
    20150613_090258.jpg20150613_090258.jpg
    20150613_090321.jpg20150613_090321.jpg

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

I can't make the Auction either and I too am technically out of space

I am using these same excuses to justify not going to this one, but it will be interesting to see how this one plays out. I have really gotten to like the Captain and his crew as they are nice people that throw a fun auction.

#15 8 years ago

Anybody that wants to take in the action without signing up can do so by viewing as a guest which is what I will be doing since I am at work. Yeah, I work real hard. lol.

http://www3.inetauction.net/2/G/bidder/index.htm?ws=yes

#16 8 years ago

Seems awfully quiet in here for such a big sale. Maybe you all are just basking in your new pin glow.
    Thanks for posting up the cheap seats link o-din.
    Really cool watching it. ..realized how many games there are out there I never heard of.
    Just saw a $150 Yukon go by...

Anyways....someone here must have scored a machine or 2 by now - yes? What'd ya get??

#17 8 years ago

I thought most of the older pieces (EM and early SS) were pretty low for So Cal pricing. A few shining stars went for better than normal prices. And, most of the DMD games went pretty high comparatively speaking (IMO).

The Yukon had a pretty toasted backglass and playfield was a bit rough. Certainly, the rougher older games did not command any high prices. I was shocked some rather collectible stuff was also fairly low.

#18 8 years ago

Curious to know what the Midway Sea Raider Submarine game sells for.

Ken

#19 8 years ago

Do you mean Sea Raider? $750.

I thought there was a Submarine there too but don't see it on the bidspotter catalog hammer pricing.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

I thought there was a Submarine there too but don't see it on the bidspotter catalog hammer pricing.

It's in the 1st pic on the far left. $750?

#21 8 years ago

One of the bigger surprizes was the GTB Hoops pin that went for $2000 plus fees and taxes.

Hard to tell online the condition of the older EM and S/S pins
    but some went for fairly cheap.

Question for Dave Miner

Quoted from pinballforever:

Disclaimer: I have games in this auction

About how many pieces did you have in the auction
    and did you feel it was worth it?
    i.e. make enough $$$ so as to not lose your shirt (much).

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

It's in the 1st pic on the far left. $750?

Sorry, I read your post too fast. My mind focused on "Submarine" not the Sea Raider part. So, after I went back to see what was in the online catalog, I only saw the Sea Raider and yes, it went for $750.

I was there earlier in the week and I would swear I also saw a Midway "Submarine" which is what I thought you were asking about:

I know at least one game got pulled since it was found to be incomplete at the time. So, it is also possible other games were pulled for a future auction?

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Sorry, I read your post too fast. My mind focused on "Submarine" not the Sea Raider part. So, after I went back to see what was in the online catalog, I only saw the Sea Raider and yes, it went for $750.

Thanks for the confirmation.

#24 8 years ago

I have to say, a lot of the games were in stellar shape.......it was a fun auction!

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinbwzrd:

I have to say, a lot of the games were in stellar shape.......it was a fun auction!

That's good to hear, since I grabbed four of them, based on pics alone. I considered the pricing fair even adding in buyers fee and currency exchange. Checking pricing in my local area still saved money. Also now have a road trip with a reason!

#26 8 years ago

Yes, most of the prices were very fair....some great deals and very few overpriced.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/100-vintage-many-rare-emssdmd-pinballs-rifles-bowlers-fa-sat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.