(Topic ID: 244951)

.100 Trifurcon Crimp Contact Amp Rating?

By pindude80

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I need to place an order for .100 crimp contacts. I usually get the 4amp phosphor bronze plated crimps from Great Plains Electronics but he's been out for a while now. I am going to place an order with Big Daddy for some stuff. The only ones I see on his site are tin plated brass which GPE's site shows are rated for 2.5 amps. Is 2.5 amps enough to use anywhere on a Bally solid state game or do I need to find someplace that has the 4amp crimps?

#2 2 years ago

I do not know your answer. But if you email the guys at www.arcadepartsandrepair.com you will get a prompt answer. And he will have everything you want/need for sale as well.

#3 2 years ago

Most of the time, .100 connectors don't supply power anyway. I don't think it would be an issue.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks for the link! I ordered 300 and with shipping it was 21 cents cheaper than the 2.5 amp contacts at Big Daddy w/o shipping.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from pindude80:

I need to place an order for .100 crimp contacts. I usually get the 4amp phosphor bronze plated crimps from Great Plains Electronics but he's been out for a while now. I am going to place an order with Big Daddy for some stuff. The only ones I see on his site are tin plated brass which GPE's site shows are rated for 2.5 amps. Is 2.5 amps enough to use anywhere on a Bally solid state game or do I need to find someplace that has the 4amp crimps?

I'm out?!?!
    No wonder I haven't sold any this month.
    I'm actually low, not out - will fix that on website.

But... shiiiit... I'm temped to buy them from TTI.

2 years later
    #7 3 months ago

I'm looking for the answer to this question as well. Doesn't look like there was a definitive answer here.

So, does the amp rating matter on these .100 22-26 crimp contacts? One is 2.5 amps and the other 4 amps.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=73

#8 3 months ago

The amp rating required really depends on where you are using it, when in doubt use the higher rated part.

#9 3 months ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I'm looking for the answer to this question as well. Doesn't look like there was a definitive answer here.
    So, does the amp rating matter on these .100 22-26 crimp contacts? One is 2.5 amps and the other 4 amps.
    https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=73

Back in stock? I'm almost out!

#10 3 months ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

The amp rating required really depends on where you are using it, when in doubt use the higher rated part.

Mostly older solid state games, repinning all connectors on MPU, SDB, Sound board, light boards, etc.

When would you need the higher amp rating?

#11 3 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Back in stock? I'm almost out!

Well dang, can't place orders on GPE right now anyway. Seems like every time I try to buy something the checkout feature is disabled.

#12 3 months ago

Yeah -- broke my foot a week ago. Hobbling around this week still, can't really fill orders again until I can get around a bit better.
    Incidentally - the 2.5 amp 08-50-0114 contacts from Molex are now obsolete. Only non-spooled ones available from Molex now are 08-52-0123.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside