image.jpeg
image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimeWarp1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

The linked guide from eh97ac is spot on in regards to tackling corrosion. Get a good size fiberglass burnishing brush/pen and physically remove the corrosion followed by the vinegar treatment. Be careful when burnishing or desoldering corroded areas/components as the corrosion can/does eat away at the metal material which can cause traces to fall off and through holes to fall apart. Such damage may be inevitable but usually can be repaired with a good stitch. I think both boards are viable candidates for rescue but to be honest you should consider the hours and money that will be needed vs. getting a new board(s). It shouldn't take long searching around to find a good system 3-6 MPU and Driver board for a fair price. If you have the tools and can solder well enough this can be a "fun" adventure project.

#10 8 years ago

If you're looking for some inspiration I recommend this five part series of this Stern Galaxy - Extreme Repair.

There is a part that touches base on some decent battery damage as well and he brings it back to life. Educational and even entertaining video if you're into electronic/pinball repair.

2 weeks later
#17 8 years ago

Try running the solenoid test and see if any of them work. It sounds like you listed just about all the solenoids so it may be a open fuse. As for the flippers I highly recommend a complete rebuild kit like the one found here:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1159
But I'm not sure how far/how much you want to invest into this pin as I could definitely recommend a few more parts if you would order.
As far as the credit score thing I'm actually not too sure at the moment. When player four scores does it 'score' on the master display board?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TimeWarp1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/100-tri-zone-project?tu=TimeWarp1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.