(Topic ID: 52789)

$100 says that was resale drops big once people start getting the machine.

By Benepinballs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 261 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cal50
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will WOZ Resale prices Rise or Drop Once the game truly enters the market in large numbers?”

• Yes 192 votes
    48%
  • No 91 votes
    23%
  • Maybe 61 votes
    15%
  • I need to ask my wife first. 54 votes
    14%

(398 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

car.jpg
image.jpg
4863146537_3c0fb3292c_2z.jpg
olivia.gif
best_thread_ever1208121367.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
cant-tell-if-troll-or-noob.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
images_(2).jpg
kitten1.jpg
waiting.jpg
stoner-friend.jpg
SeriouslyItMakesNoSenseAtAll.jpg
There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 10 years ago

The electric yellow has got me by the brain banana. Purple monkey dishwasher.

#152 10 years ago

some will go down, and a few will be listed on ebay for twice the price and be there forever.

#153 10 years ago

I cant figure out why that is so smoking hot but it is.

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

The electric yellow has got me by the brain banana. Purple monkey dishwasher.

Been spoken have truer never words.

#155 10 years ago

Who cares. Most of mine have gone up, some have gone down. My WOZLE should arrive soon. Price will be whatever it is.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What is she saying?

These boobs are AWESOME!

#157 10 years ago

yes he did indeed. Never saw that one coming. Like a brick in the face.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I must say, I prefer this one with the double jiggle instead of the right then left jiggle. If I had a choice, I'de go double all the way. But double/single is better than single/single

This is what the poll is for right?

I vote yes

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

This is what the poll is for right?
I vote yes

It may not be what the poll is for, but it could be what the pole is for.

#160 10 years ago

cracked me up bad post this

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

this is the hardest I have laughed on here

:applause:Oh....this is shaping up to be a great Friday morning....thank you all..LMFAO!

#162 10 years ago

Okay New Poll to clarify the meaning of this Thread

***The title of this posting...

A)...are lyrics taken from a Primus song?
B)...was a Miss America quotation on geography (and such)?
C)...was the original name for the buffett at "The Golden Corral"?
D)...was a book idea that was scrapped by Dr. Seuss?
E)...lamp

#163 10 years ago

moderators: i'd like to change my answer to what it currently is, please.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Okay New Poll to clarify the meaning of this Thread
***The title of this posting...
A)...are lyrics taken from a Primus song?
B)...was a Miss America quotation on geography (and such)?
C)...was the original name for the buffett at "The Golden Corral"?
D)...was a book idea that was scrapped by Dr. Seuss?
E)...lamp

You missed:

F)...BOOBS!?

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

You missed:
F)...BOOBS!?

Never forgive.... never forget. Page 3

#166 10 years ago

This pole is worthless....the results will obviously be a mess due to the original confusing nature of it. So I did'nt even vote.

#167 10 years ago

Do you know why one side of the "V" formation, when geese fly, is longer then the other?

#168 10 years ago

Cause the one side has more geese

#169 10 years ago

Price will drop

#170 10 years ago

Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-dang hurry.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Good thing is we are not them......

You really should just let your product do the talking for you.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-dang hurry.

How about a boloney sandwich and shasta? This combo is a real aphrodesiac.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Do you know why one side of the "V" formation, when geese fly, is longer then the other?

yeah but do you know why they fly in a V?

#174 10 years ago

Resale drops with 90% of all games priced over $7000............What is your point?

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

so when the head man sh$ts, no one gets it in thier face

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

aerodynamics

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Because geese won the game of life, and they are taking a "V"ictory lap to show off.

#178 10 years ago

OK, I voted. Not sure what my vote means, tho.

#179 10 years ago

In case no one noticed, people have started getting the machine. Has resale dropped at all, much less "big"? Not that I can see.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

In case no one noticed, people have started getting the machine. Has resale dropped at all, much less "big"? Not that I can see.

Give it time........you will see. Its a pinball machine. When Jack is selling them at 5500 a year from now the LE's will have fallin. THATS AN OPINION!!!

#181 10 years ago

Thanks for the yuks!

$5500 a year from now....ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

If you're not just shooting your mouth off I'd place a bet with you for some real money. How about $500 (or any amount you want to lose) that says you are wrong? I'd bet any amount Jack won't be selling them for $5500 (as you state) but I'm sure you made that comment just to get a rise. ha ha ha ha ha ha! You put a huge smile on my face! Thanks again scotty.

Usually opinions can be neither right or wrong... I'm afraid your's is wrong and can be proven to be wrong.

THIS IS NOT AN OPINION.

Quoted from scottc:

Give it time........you will see. Its a pinball machine. When Jack is selling them at 5500 a year from now the LE's will have fallin. THATS AN OPINION!!!

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Thanks for the yuks!
$5500 a year from now....ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!
If you're not just shooting your mouth off I'd place a bet with you for some real money. How about $500 (or any amount you want to lose) that says you are wrong? I'd bet any amount Jack won't be selling them for $5500 (as you state) but I'm sure you made that comment just to get a rise. ha ha ha ha ha ha! You put a huge smile on my face! Thanks again scotty.
Usually opinions can be neither right or wrong... I'm afraid your's is wrong and can be proven to be wrong.
THIS IS NOT AN OPINION.

No not to get a rise joemamma. Aug. 6th next year regs will be sold for around 5500 in my opinion. And yes from Jack. 5500 for a reg will still get him a profit with all the parts still laying around his shop. You may be right and I may be wrong and that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is your trying to get a rise with comments like shooting your mouth off and scotty. Big guy behind a little keyboard........

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

No not to get a rise joemamma. Aug. 6th next year regs will be sold for around 5500 in my opinion. And yes from Jack. 5500 for a reg will still get him a profit with all the parts still laying around his shop.

This isn't going to happen. Just because a company can make a profit selling a pin for less doesn't make it a viable business plan. If this were the case Stern would be selling ACDC Premiums for $5000 NIB and Tron Pro's for $3500 a year or two after release to maximize the number of units sold. Instead the NIB price goes up with each run.... If Stern or JJP were to do this it would alienate customers and severely damage early sales of future models because customers will decide just to wait it out for the big price drop.

#184 10 years ago

Home many games do you have on Woz Joemamma? How many have you first hand knowledge of on route? They are earning big time yes. But they are not without issues. The issues are getting worked out. Its a pin with some new and interesting items yes but you still hit flipper buttons and have a steel ball roll around a playfield. The pf layout will not change.

I have about 100 plays on WOZ and my opinion of the game has been put out there numorous times. What is most annoying is all the pump this pin is getting. There is not one person that has a WOZ or one coming that will say a negative thing about it. It is just so fake in my opinion. The pin is built very well and I hope Jack is around for the next 20 years to produce 10 to 15 new pins but the total build up of the pin from those that own, will own, and work on it, is well very annoying.

I want to know true opinions of a pin and hear what people really think not what they want it to be. But im sure I will be put down from all the owners and owners to be....WOZ is not the best pinball ever....might be build wise but that is yet to be proven.

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

This isn't going to happen. Just because a company can make a profit selling a pin for less doesn't make it a viable business plan. If this were the case Stern would be selling ACDC Premiums for $5000 NIB and Tron Pro's for $3500 a year or two after release to maximize the number of units sold. Instead the NIB price goes up with each run.... If Stern or JJP were to do this it would alienate customers and severely damage early sales of future models because customers will decide just to wait it out and wait for the big price drop.

true statements above!!! but JJP is not stern yet....He has what 200 pins out there so far???? Its just my opinion.

#186 10 years ago

Wow... Sorry about upsetting you scott. I meant nothing by calling you scotty but I see it's easy to wind you up. I didn't mean to... seriously. I thought you were shooting your mouth off without thinking but I was wrong, you meant to say what you said. That makes it even more funny to me.

I'll stop questioning what you say so go ahead and make silly remarks all you want. I just want to know if you want to place a bet on the $5500 price tag comment? Are you serious or joking? I'm serious as a heart attack and would love to make a real bet with you. You are wrong and for you to call me a "big guy behind a little keyboard" and then not back up what you say seems like you are looking in the mirror when you scream at me.

So you know I have had a WOZECLE since 6-18-13 and I manage three arcades. I have been doing this for a few days so I doubt I fall into the newbie category either but feel free to label me what you want.

So I am clear I didn't mean to piss you off and would say I'm sorry you took it that way. You really spun out though with your reply to me pal.

Chris

#187 10 years ago

Lets stay on topic guys...

4863146537_3c0fb3292c_2z.jpg4863146537_3c0fb3292c_2z.jpg

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Hi Scott,

If you believe very strongly in your opinion. I would be happy to make a little friendly wager with you. Something not too painful (for either one of us), say $100. I'm betting that between now and August 2014 an individual will not be able to order a Standard WOZ for $5500 or less. What do you say?

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

true statements above!!! but JJP is not stern yet....He has what 200 pins out there so far???? Its just my opinion.

Woa Scott cool down there man! I think we all get what your oppinion is.
No need to load it into a cannon and blast it at everyone (its only pinball)

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Wow... Sorry about upsetting you scott. I meant nothing by calling you scotty but I see it's easy to wind you up. I didn't mean to... seriously. I thought you were shooting your mouth off without thinking but I was wrong, you meant to say what you said. That makes it even more funny to me.
I'll stop questioning what you say so go ahead and make silly remarks all you want. I just want to know if you want to place a bet on the $5500 price tag comment? Are you serious or joking? I'm serious as a heart attack and would love to make a real bet with you. You are wrong and for you to call me a "big guy behind a little keyboard" and then not back up what you say seems like you are looking in the mirror when you scream at me.
So you know I have had a WOZECLE since 6-18-13 and I manage three arcades. I have been doing this for a few days so I doubt I fall into the newbie category either but feel free to label me what you want.
So I am clear I didn't mean to piss you off and would say I'm sorry you took it that way. You really spun out though with your reply to me pal.
Chris

Chris you didn't upset me I just let you know it bothered me that you would make those kinds of statements about me. I don't get wound up over pinball. But calling my opinions silly remarks and shooting my mouth off is a little bit of a big guy statement in my eyes...a simple I disagree with you because xyz would of been civil and helpful to me understanding your point. But alas no words or explination why I am wrong and you are right....Im glad you know that I am wrong already on something that will happen a year from now. Or later if JJP is still fullfilling orders a year from now. Please give me a few stocks to invest in....Words like shooting your mouth off are trying to start something in my eyes hense the big guy comment. Im sorry if you feel I spun out but in my eyes I made a mistake and used the words big guy which lowered myself to the shooting your mouth off etc. that you started out with. WOZ stnd is 7k today correct. A 1500 dollar drop in price by the time JJP is done producing them is a little more then a 20% decrease in price correct? If he has enough parts to build 40 or so stnds after all orders are filled I would think he would build them and try to sell them rather then just sit on parts but who knows. Let me buy you a beer and shoot the breeze someday if we ever get the chance.....

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Hi Scott,
If you believe very strongly in your opinion and are willing to back it up with a wager. I would be happy to bet you something not too painful (for either one of us), say $100, that between now and August 2014 an individual will not be able to order a Standard WOZ for $5500. What do you say?

I didnt say order I said buy...5500 to buy one of the last WOZ's sitting around the JJP facility while he is pumping out hobbits in my eyes is not out of the question.....and yes if it takes him longer to make and deliver all orders it may be longer then a year before there are stnds in stock waiting for new owners....

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Woa Scott cool down there man! I think we all get what your oppinion is.
No need to load it into a cannon and blast it at everyone (its only pinball)

Im not loading a cannon to blast at anyone its just a simple opinion...why does everyone take this as I am heated? My gosh everyone is so ready to jump on someone who doesn't have 100% good things to say about WOZ or its pricing and they take it as a heated attack. Crazy....I guess if your opinion is different you need to just keep your mouth shut?

If i say anything in the future negative about woz or anything else for that matter it is not a personal attack against those that feel the opposite....geez

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

I didnt say order I said buy...5500 to buy one of the last WOZ's sitting around the JJP facility while he is pumping out hobbits in my eyes is not out of the question.....and yes if it takes him longer to make and deliver all orders it may be longer then a year before there are stnds in stock waiting for new owners....

Hi Scott, okay, buy then. So far it looks like Jack posts any sales on his pinballsales.com website. How about the same $100 wager. I bet that JJP will not list a Standard WOZ for sale at a price of $5500 (or less) on the pinballsales.com or JJP website between now and Feb 2015. Note, I extended the time as well.

What do you say?

Edit: I don't take what you're saying as a personal attack or an indication that you're heated. If you feel strongly about your opinion and I feel strongly about an opposite opinion, it makes for a good wager.

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Hi Scott, okay, buy then. So far it looks like Jack posts any sales on his pinballsales.com website. How about the same $100 wager. I bet that JJP will not list a Standard WOZ for sale at a price of $5500 (or less) on the pinballsales.com or JJP website between now and Feb 2015. Note, I extended the time as well.
What do you say?

I hope you and I are both around to see feb of 2015.
And all I said was buy....that doesn't mean he would post it for sale on his website or anywhere else.

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

What do you say?

I do like how you are persistant and did sweeten up the bet as for timeline. You put a smile on my face. I will still be into pins at that point but have no idea if I'll still be on this forum....

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

I hope you and I are both around to see feb of 2015.
And all I said was buy....that doesn't mean he would post it for sale on his website or anywhere else.

That makes two of us.

Well, Jack has been good about listing deals such as 2 for 1 pricing on Invisiglass, etc., so I think if he was going to try and clear out Standard WOZ machines, he would list them there. It can't be a case of "I heard someone who knew someone who bought a WOZ from JJP for XX". However, if we both agreed that the evidence was good enough to confirm the game was purchased from Jack at that price, I would go for that.

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

That makes two of us.
Well, Jack has been good about listing deals such as 2 for 1 pricing on Invisiglass, etc., so I think if he was going to try and clear out Standard WOZ machines, he would list them there. It can't be a case of "I heard someone who knew someone who bought a WOZ from JJP for XX". However, if we both agreed that the evidence was good enough to confirm the game was purchased from Jack at that price, I would go for that.

True but I see the final clearing out of WOZ's as call for pricing but who knows he might make them for the next three years....Its hard to tell with a brand new company. I just hope he makes 10 or more titles.....

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

True but I see the final clearing out of WOZ's as call for pricing but who knows he might make them for the next three years....Its hard to tell with a brand new company. I just hope he makes 10 or more titles.....

Yeah, who knows what the pinball market is going to look like a few years from now. I'm hoping it will continue it's upward swing.

#199 10 years ago

If the Fed keeps printing cash like Monopoly money don't expect anything to get cheaper anytime soon.

#200 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure that one of the stipulations of being a JJP Distributor (Pinballsales.com also qualifies) is that you can't sell the standard version below the $7K price point no matter what. Some distributors will try to sweeten the deal by throwing in a free shaker, invisiglass, shipping, etc. but I don't believe they can undercut each other on actual price like Stern distributors can. I don't really see this changing or else previous customers would be up in arms. Chances are if JJP had to clear out games quickly they would cut a deal with one of the bigger distributors like Automated where they would buy the games for a discounted rate but would likely still have to sell the games for $7K to customers like you or I with sweetened incentives like free shaker/invisiglass and shipping. Or the distributor would just sit on them like they do on some of the Stern titles and wait for demand (and prices) to go back up.... At least that's how I see it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/100-says-that-was-resale-drops-big-once-people-start-getting-the-machine/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.