(Topic ID: 224285)

100 em's for sale, what's the value???

By Yesh23

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    aaaa (resized).jpg
    aaa (resized).jpg
    aa (resized).jpg
    a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I never part out anything worth saving and typically end up saving machines most people would part out but when you have heads with no bodies & no backglasses, bodies with no heads, cabinets that look like someone used them for a boat, etc some machines just are not worth trying to save. There were some great project machines at the Silverman auction but I let people willing to pay a few bucks for those buy all they wanted. With the exception of 3 or 4 machines everything I bought was priced under $25 and condition was why those machines sold that cheap.
    As I said in an earlier post nearly half the machines at that auction sold for just a few dollars & most of those were parts machines. For the most part machines selling in the $35 & up range were machines that might have been worth trying to save but very little of the "real junk" from that auction was worth trying to save. Of the first 26 machines I bought originally I think 8 lived on and the others were strictly parts.
    Anyway - it sounds like these machines might have a better ratio of full machines then some of the lots at Silverman's sale. In any event I truly hope the buyer will process then correctly

Skip: You are constantly saying things like this, and to base woodrail market on that HORRIBLY run and marketed third Silverman auction is a mistake IMO. I know you are also basing it on selling in your own market and from past experience, but you tend to lean on that auction as your prime example.

I didn't even KNOW that auction was happening. I'm a HUGE woodrail guy...I would've bought many of those games and not just for the lockdown bars. LOL. That's after contacting Morphy's before his FIRST auction, telling them which auction I was interested in, receiving countless notices to auctions that had no pinballs, only to here about it AFTER it happened. And what I heard was a total shitshow...not enough time to look over the games, auctioneers that went too fast...and many other horror stories. If they'd run it better, they certainly could have got better prices for those games. I probably would've bought way more games than I should have there, and people who know what a "hoarder" I am would back me up all day on that claim.

Good for the guy who's closer considering buying these games who's wasn't scared away by all the horror stories of Jack's games perpetuated by somewhat hysterical online posters. I heard from countless sources over the years that Jack's games are in terrible shape and to STAY AWAY, yet here's a guy who managed to buy a bunch and sell most of them off...hmmm...something doesn't add up? Alotta BS, posturing, and parroting on these forums...RGP before it, and now here on Spinside. YMMV...

Sean

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stoomer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/100-em-s-for-sale-what-s-the-value?tu=Stoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.