7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by cwales
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 7 years ago

is there a difference between the 10 cent coin mech and a 25 cent coin mech? and please don't say 15 cents....hahahahah. I just got an 1957 ABC Bowling Champion ball bowler and it only has one coin mech. Is there a difference? And if so, does anybody have a 10 cent mech for sale? Is there a good website for spare parts for ball bowlers? I used to go to bigballbowler.com but it doesnt come up anymore.
Thanks
LEE

#3 7 years ago

Yes, there is a difference between the mechs. I have a coin-door with 10 cent mech off of a 1950 Bally Speed Bowler. It might be the same as the style used in 57?

#4 7 years ago

The St. Louis Ball Bowler Company lists a 10cent mech for $59.

http://stl-bb.com/Blog/store/products/10-cent-coin-mech-wmounting-bracket/

#5 7 years ago

if it's a 3.5" mech, then no, there's no difference, in theory.

As long as they are both "Top Entry" or "Side Entry" (coin enters from top, or top-side of mech), then they are interchangeable. If one is top, and one is side, then no, they're not interchangeable.

The mounting studs on the sides can usually be adjusted (they screw in) to fit into another door. Newer mechs have plastic studs formed into the body, and those can be troublesome on older games.

1 week later
#6 7 years ago

Big Ball bowler I believe is no longer avaliable due to Doc Doom passing away

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmans:

Big Ball bowler I believe is no longer avaliable due to Doc Doom passing away

Someone bought out his old inventory. Not sure if it is advertised for sale anywhere? The old domain has expired.

#8 7 years ago

I have one in my shop hanging on a hook in the back room. Send me a pm with your address and if you don't hear back from my within a couple days, send another to remind me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/10-cent-coin-mech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.