Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TKDalumni
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

CHICAGO, IL – May 18, 2020 – Stern Pinball, Inc., a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball, announced today the appointment of Raymond Davidson as Game Development Software Engineer.

Stern Pinball is committed and continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. Raymond will be joining a talented programming team to help push more content and updates for released and future titles. Raymond most recently worked for Amazon, Ripl, and Smilebox. In addition to his many professional engineering accomplishments, Raymond is a passionate pinball enthusiast and world class player, currently the #1 ranked competitive pinball player in the world.

“Raymond’s pinball IQ is off the charts, which is clearly why he’s currently ranked #1 in the world! We are very excited to add his talents to our studio as we continue to grow our unique lifestyle entertainment brand and produce the most fun pinball machines on the planet,” said George Gomez, EVP and Chief Creative Officer.

#2 3 years ago

Pretty boomy news! Another great personnel add by Stern.

#3 3 years ago

More young blood. Love it!

#4 3 years ago

I love press releases.

"a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball"

Similar in every industry. LOL.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I love press releases.
    "a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball"
    Similar in every industry. LOL.

I still can’t believe they start every press release with that nonsense. Should be a tag line at the end.

#6 3 years ago

Congrats, and a smart move by Stern...

I sometimes wonder, however, if their passion wains, over time, as it becomes a "dream job" to simply a "job"?

My late father always said, think of your two favorite things; take the first as your hobby, and the second as your career; that way, you'll never get bored.

Obviously this probably isn't true, as there'd be no ditch diggers, and we'd all be Trillionaire Playboys/girls.

#7 3 years ago

Very exiting news. I can’t wait to see his influence on the games.

#8 3 years ago

Finally some news in the pinball world. We've been dry for a while now.

#9 3 years ago

That press release could use a little Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tubemen

#10 3 years ago

Congrats Ray and Stern!

#11 3 years ago

Congrats Raymond! I've met Raymond a few times at Yegpin and Flip Out in Vancouver and he's a really down to earth guy and obviously plays great pinball. I'm excited to see what he does with code!

#12 3 years ago

That is awesome news!!! Stern is really setting up their teams nicely

#13 3 years ago

Congrats to Raymond and Stern! It's good to see them hire talent that has a passion for the game! I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with software/rules.

I wonder if he'll be moving to Chicago or if Stern will allow him to work remotely? Would make for some epic breakroom battles when Stern does open back up!

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Congrats to Raymond and Stern! It's good to see them hire talent that has a passion for the game! I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with software/rules.
    I wonder if he'll be moving to Chicago or if Stern will allow him to work remotely? Would make for some epic breakroom battles when Stern does open back up!

Oh ya.. mm probably work from home until the lockdown lifts. Then move in. We have tons of remote employees and dev's and you still get way better communication and knowledge transfer in person.

#15 3 years ago

Any rumors as to what he could be working on?

#16 3 years ago

Another super smart move.

Nice to have a game designed by number 1 player...... and games by best player of all time, Keith.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from GrandFireball1:

LOL that didn't take long.

Let him get his HR papers in order first.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from GrandFireball1:

His HR paperwork?

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

His HR paperwork?

ha beat you to it!

I wonder how many putzes are inundating poor Ray's inbox today.

"Congrats Ray! Hey I know you may not be able to say but I'm really interested in the next game you are working on! It'll be in the vault, won't share with anybody!"

Heads up gang. AMong the paperwork he's filling out this week is an NDA. He can't tell any of his friends about what he's working on and he's certainly not going to tell you. He would be fired.

#20 3 years ago

Will he have any influence on resolving issues and future availability of node boards?

#21 3 years ago

Gonna have to change the IFPA to the SFPA soon...the Stern Flipper Pinball Association.

#22 3 years ago

Awesome! Looking forward to what Raymond has to offer!

#23 3 years ago

Finally... Someone that can finish Wheel of Fortune!

#24 3 years ago

Great love bringing in fresh talent. No denying the skills there...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1-ranked-pinball-player-in-the-world-raymond-davidson-joins-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.