New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 268933)

#1 Ranked Pinball Player in the World, Raymond Davidson, Joins Stern

By Eryeal

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by TKDalumni
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 months ago

CHICAGO, IL – May 18, 2020 – Stern Pinball, Inc., a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball, announced today the appointment of Raymond Davidson as Game Development Software Engineer.

Stern Pinball is committed and continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. Raymond will be joining a talented programming team to help push more content and updates for released and future titles. Raymond most recently worked for Amazon, Ripl, and Smilebox. In addition to his many professional engineering accomplishments, Raymond is a passionate pinball enthusiast and world class player, currently the #1 ranked competitive pinball player in the world.

“Raymond’s pinball IQ is off the charts, which is clearly why he’s currently ranked #1 in the world! We are very excited to add his talents to our studio as we continue to grow our unique lifestyle entertainment brand and produce the most fun pinball machines on the planet,” said George Gomez, EVP and Chief Creative Officer.

#2 5 months ago

Pretty boomy news! Another great personnel add by Stern.

#3 5 months ago

More young blood. Love it!

#4 5 months ago

I love press releases.

"a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball"

Similar in every industry. LOL.

#5 5 months ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I love press releases.
    "a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball"
    Similar in every industry. LOL.

I still can’t believe they start every press release with that nonsense. Should be a tag line at the end.

#6 5 months ago

Congrats, and a smart move by Stern...

I sometimes wonder, however, if their passion wains, over time, as it becomes a "dream job" to simply a "job"?

My late father always said, think of your two favorite things; take the first as your hobby, and the second as your career; that way, you'll never get bored.

Obviously this probably isn't true, as there'd be no ditch diggers, and we'd all be Trillionaire Playboys/girls.

#7 5 months ago

Very exiting news. I can’t wait to see his influence on the games.

#8 5 months ago

Finally some news in the pinball world. We've been dry for a while now.

#9 5 months ago

That press release could use a little Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tubemen

#10 5 months ago

Congrats Ray and Stern!

#11 5 months ago

Congrats Raymond! I've met Raymond a few times at Yegpin and Flip Out in Vancouver and he's a really down to earth guy and obviously plays great pinball. I'm excited to see what he does with code!

#12 5 months ago

That is awesome news!!! Stern is really setting up their teams nicely

#13 5 months ago

Congrats to Raymond and Stern! It's good to see them hire talent that has a passion for the game! I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with software/rules.

I wonder if he'll be moving to Chicago or if Stern will allow him to work remotely? Would make for some epic breakroom battles when Stern does open back up!

#14 5 months ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Congrats to Raymond and Stern! It's good to see them hire talent that has a passion for the game! I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with software/rules.
    I wonder if he'll be moving to Chicago or if Stern will allow him to work remotely? Would make for some epic breakroom battles when Stern does open back up!

Oh ya.. mm probably work from home until the lockdown lifts. Then move in. We have tons of remote employees and dev's and you still get way better communication and knowledge transfer in person.

#15 5 months ago

Any rumors as to what he could be working on?

#16 5 months ago

Another super smart move.

Nice to have a game designed by number 1 player...... and games by best player of all time, Keith.

#17 5 months ago
    Quoted from GrandFireball1:

LOL that didn't take long.

Let him get his HR papers in order first.

#18 5 months ago
    Quoted from GrandFireball1:

His HR paperwork?

#19 5 months ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

His HR paperwork?

ha beat you to it!

I wonder how many putzes are inundating poor Ray's inbox today.

"Congrats Ray! Hey I know you may not be able to say but I'm really interested in the next game you are working on! It'll be in the vault, won't share with anybody!"

Heads up gang. AMong the paperwork he's filling out this week is an NDA. He can't tell any of his friends about what he's working on and he's certainly not going to tell you. He would be fired.

#20 5 months ago

Will he have any influence on resolving issues and future availability of node boards?

#21 5 months ago

Gonna have to change the IFPA to the SFPA soon...the Stern Flipper Pinball Association.

#22 5 months ago

Awesome! Looking forward to what Raymond has to offer!

#23 5 months ago

Finally... Someone that can finish Wheel of Fortune!

#24 5 months ago

Great love bringing in fresh talent. No denying the skills there...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 259.99
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 64.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 19.95
    Electronics
    Lermods
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Apparel - Men
    Pinball Haus
    £ 70.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 64.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Boards
    PinSound
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 64.00
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 29.50
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside