14 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by JBScar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 14 years ago

Anyone else here ever played or come across a pinball where they were charging $1 per credit? I have come across two of them up here in Anchorage. Both in Bowling alleys. Probably owned by the same butthole. And they aren't even new games. One is a Star Wars Ep1 and the other is a Rollercoaster Tycoon. I will also add that even though they both work fine, they are the dirtiest machines I have EVER come across on location, both on the outside and inside. The last time they were cleaned was probably at the factory. I immediately went and washed my hands after playing them. Heck, they probably work so well because nobody plays them.

#2 14 years ago

I've seen two so far at 75 cents but if you use the bill validator on the coin door you get stuck with a 1/3 credit left over. I guess that leaves you with three options

#3 14 years ago

My LOTR came from the factory set to 75 cents per credit. I've also seen a POTC for 75 cents a game so I guess that is or will be soon the new "Standard" cost in the arcades. On a positive note, the Chuckee Cheese here has a TSPP set at 25 cents a game but no replay option. But for a quarter, I am not complaining. It's even in good shape. The kids probably don't play it because it doesn't give out tickets.
    On a side note, whoever thought of that is a genius. "Look Daddy, after 40 games I got enough tickets to win this eraser." "That's great honey. When we get home, if you clean enough dishes, I'll give you a pencil to go with it."

#4 14 years ago

Listen to this one. One of the local vendors here (been around for quite aWHile, and are a bunch of crooks BTW) set up a store in this new mall and charge 1 LOONIE (canadian dollar) to play games in their showroom! Can you believe that?
    I was just there a couple of weeks ago to see if they got any new 'showroom' machines, and they still have the same ones as when they opened almost a year ago. A POTC, Williams slugfest, premier Stargate, and a Williams Junkyard. 4995, 3495, 2995, 3295 (prices in THOUSANDS)
    They also have arcade machines, just for a cocktail machine is 2495.
    I always bug the sales guy every time I go in there because they have an Arcade Legends machine HUO that wasn't made to take coins. "Where do I put my loonie in to try this one?" ......"Oh, you can't play that one because its for home use only and doesn't take money"

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! retards.........(made 2 LOONIES last for a half an hour on junkyard till the GF was getting pissy and wanted to leave!!! )

So getting back to the topic..........ya, machines are a dollar for 1 play here too.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.