You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
15694494858048941295979819873623 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hi, I am new to the pinball community and just picked up #Family Guy. After playing a few days, I noticed the 1 drop target "death" won't pop up at any point. Ran coil test and it didn't pop for that. Not sure what to do. All help is greatly appreciated and I am a newbie to this hobby do please be as helpful as possible. Thanks.

I can manually pull up the target and it stays up, and will stop when hit, but it doesn't pop up on it's own, which I believe should happen before every ball.

15694494858048941295979819873623 (resized).jpg15694494858048941295979819873623 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Probably a broken wire under the playfield, should be a simple repair. Inspect the wires on the coil, as well as the coil wire itself. If this is the last solonoid in a chain, you can have a broken wire upstream that feeds this coil, if there is only 1 wire on each coil leg, you will know its the last coil in the line.

#3 4 years ago

I'm sorry but I dont really understand what that means. How do I repair coil wire or wire or solenoid. Please forgive my ignorance but am willing to learn
Hopefully it doesn't involve soldering

#4 4 years ago

Most likely a wire has broken free from on of the lugs in the coil. Soldering will be needed

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from mpgeden:

How do I repair coil wire or wire or solenoid.

Ahhh, What you need to know is a coil is nothing more than a spool of wire, each end of the wire is connected to a metal tab, sometimes these do do break and can be soldered back onto the terminal lug. This is not like normal wire though as it cant be stripped with pliers; the wire coating is bonded to the wire and has to be sanded away before you can solder it back, since the wire often breaks at the solder point, you will usually have enough wire to solder it back in place on the top side of the spool.

More than likely though, its a broken wire going to the coil, and not the actual coil winding that broken.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#6 4 years ago

Now death ball save post wont pop up at all. How do I fix drop target and death pop up ball saver?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1-drop-target-won-t-pop-up-on-family-guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.