Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by smoke
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I think the mistake people make is thinking one machine would be great but I only want to own one and I want to keep it for years is regardless of what machine you pick it will get old over time. If you have "X" number of dollars you want to spend on pinball and have the space I would spend that "X" number of dollars on 3 machines instead of just one.
    When you have one machine it will basically never get played after a few months but if you have 3 in the same room they will get used all the time. Reason is fairly simple - you turn on the machine and start playing it and all of a sudden you wife or son decide that looks like fun, they sit and wait for you to finish playing and after a few minutes they get distracted by something else and they are gone. Now you get done playing and no one else is wanting to play.
    With two or three machines (same thing happens as above) - other person or people turn one one of the other machines and start playing. Next thing you know one of you gets board with the machine you are playing and you move to the third machine. All of a sudden two hours have passed.
    In a perfect world one machine isn't your best choice and if you have space I would pick having two or three System 11 or data east machines over having one more expensive machine. Maybe it is just me but one machine just will not have the stay power two or three would.

That's the reason I have 16 plus arcade games. Another reason to have more then one is because if one goes down you have others to play while the one gets fixed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1-dad-1-son-1-machine-whatll-it-be?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.