(Topic ID: 207504)

1 coin 1 play both coin slots (70s Gottlieb game pricing)

By KloggMonkey

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Royal-Flush-Hot-Shot-Work-14 (resized).jpg
0Royal-Flush-Work-10 (resized).jpg
0Royal-Flush-Work-09 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

Hi KloggMonkey
You could sneak-in an Normally-Closed-Switch on "Motor-Position-1B or -1D" - this will change Your Adj-Settings "2nd. Chute Adj." from 5,4,3,2 to 4,3,2,1. If You do it: Please post a picture of Your Score-Motor with the newly added switch.

When adding replays to the counter: The motor is made to turn a third of a revolution - the switch "Motor-1A" closes five times. The switches "Motor-2C, -4B, -4C" are in line to the Step-up-Coil - they open at a time the "Motor-1A" closes - the opening hinders current to flow --- a shot (or 2, 3) from "Motor-1A" is supressed.

Maybe (?) the position "Motor-1D" is easier to get at --- as the "level-D" is above the "good to see turntable-disk on the Score-Motor" (?).
(((When You take a new Micro-Switch (Make-and-Brake-Switch) --- You may look for the right position (to mount it) somehere around the motor - using "Level-E" (?).))) Greetings Rolf

0Royal-Flush-Work-09 (resized).jpg0Royal-Flush-Work-09 (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago

Hi
has anybody seen my "fault in thinking" ?
In post-7 I wrote: You could sneak-in an Normally-Closed-Switch on "Motor-Position-1B or -1D" - this will change Your Adj-Settings "2nd. Chute Adj." from 5,4,3,2 to 4,3,2,1.
By now I say: ... from 5,4,3,2 to 5,4,3,1. Greetings Rolf

#11 6 years ago

Hi KloggMonkey
how bad do You want the "throwing-in a Coin makes the Replay-Counter to step-up one step" ?
I would adjust the "first Coin adjustment" to "throwing-in a Coin makes the pin to start a game" - then I'd wire the second Coin-Chute to use the first Coin-Chute wires.
(((The pin then acts (logic) like pressing the Replay-Button - immediately starts a new game - starts for 2nd, 3rd, 4th Player)))

Write if You really want the "altering the pin to throwing-in a Coin makes the Replay-Counter to step-up one step" --- see here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-stern-em-score-motor-sticking#post-4180046 some switchstacks have looooong screws. I refer to https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1-coin-1-play-both-coin-slots-70s-gottlieb-game-pricing#post-4180737 - the JPG - sneaking-in an added Motor-1D-Normally-Closed-Switch.
You then try in here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread - hoping for luck - somebody parts out an Gottlieb-Pin and You can get the needed Motor-Normally-Closed-Switch (blades, bakelite plates, nylon-spacer / actuator) --- and You mount this new switch into the Switchstack "Position around the motor at "position-1" --- on level-D". This is an alteration "state of the art".
(((taking instead an modern micro-switch and mount it: Probably looks ugly)))

To think about the problem is fun / interesting but I probably would not do such an (following) solution --- see the JPG --- on the bottom - the manufacturer "Finder" makes all kind of relays - for example: https://www.finder-relais.net/en/finder-relays-series-85.pdf a relay pulling-in delayed (delay is adjustable). Such an relay mounted, getting current as the W-Relay gets current --- but the Finder-Relay pulls-in delayed --- its switch is in the wiring to the Credit-Step-Up-Coil - we turn / adjust the knob mounted on top of the Finder-Relay - the Finder-Relay pulls-in and closes its switch late - so only the last shot of electricity from Score-Motor-Switch-1A closing can pass. Well, this solution is quite costly.

On top of the JPG is another solution (also: This solution I would not implement). "Red Stars and blue stars" mark switches 'motor-1D and S-Start-Relay-Switch' " --- You could do "the blue stuff" and what happens is: Every time the motor turns the "new relay" pulls at the time "motor-1D closes". When coining up the pin: The Switch on the new relay opens and hinders a step on the Credit-Unit.

I would adjust the "first Coin adjustment" to "throwing-in a Coin makes the pin to start a game" - then I'd wire the second Coin-Chute to use the first Coin-Chute wires --- write if You really want to do "Your" alteration. Greetings Rolf

0Royal-Flush-Work-10 (resized).jpg0Royal-Flush-Work-10 (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

Hi KloggMonkey +
I invented "my blue stuff, middle of JPG in post-11 / JPG in post-7" - an (newly added) switch on the Score-Motor actuates an (new, added) Relay - and we use switch(es) on the "added" relay to get the action we want (supressing current to flow when Motor-1A fires). Great - proud --- but then "doubts / dubitation" kreeped on me - "didn't I see such an solution lately on a Gottlieb pin ?????"

Yes, lately there was a problem on a Gottlieb Hot Shot --- studying the schematics Hot Shot and Big Shot - studying for the (then) problem --- in passing / as a sideline I have seen (at that time) - "Hot Shot has - but Big Shot has not": DX-RELAY actuated by closing of motor-1D --- used then are the "Switches on actuated DX-Relay" for to do the wanted stuff.

Look at the JPG - clear to see: I "had invented" an solution that Gottlieb has invented in the 1970ies - see the JPG here. Greetings Rolf

0Royal-Flush-Hot-Shot-Work-14 (resized).jpg0Royal-Flush-Hot-Shot-Work-14 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1-coin-1-play-both-coin-slots-70s-gottlieb-game-pricing?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.