• 51 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Redketchup
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one have to go”

• Flight 2000 (Complete restored, CPR backglass and playfield, Cab redone, all mech clean, new socket, etc...) 29 votes
    29%
  • Big Game (really nice original, new socket, playfield touch up, backglass 9/10) 19 votes
    19%
  • Iron maiden (Complete restored, playfield clearcoat, cab redone, all mech clean, new socket, etc...) 10 votes
    10%
  • Viper (Partial restored, playfield clearcoat, perfect backgklass, all mech clean, new socket) 30 votes
    30%
  • Quicksilver (Complete restored, playfield clearcoat, backglass 9/10, cab redone, all mech clean, new socket, etc...) 0 votes
  • Stargazer (Scratch built, completed restored, JG playfield and backglass, cab redone, everything new...) 3 votes
    3%
  • Catacomb (Partial restored, playfield clearcoat, backglass 9/10, all mech clean, new socket, etc...) 5 votes
    5%
  • Nine ball (Complete restored, playfield clearcoat, repro backglass, cab redone, all mech clean, new socket, etc...) 4 votes
    4%

(Multiple choice - 100 votes by 95 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

34F2FAAC-EA3C-4085-A191-BC2831D9EA56 (resized).jpeg
P9140334 (resized).JPG
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I need to move 1 classic stern... i have place for only 10 games and Fathom Centaur and Metallica are here to stay...

Which one need to go?

#2 5 years ago

If I had those I would sell Viper or Flight 2000.

#3 5 years ago

With that collection I'd sell the couch or the dining room suite first for room........

#4 5 years ago

Centaur

Don’t break up an amazing set.

#5 5 years ago

I’m not going to vote, because it’s too hard to pick and I haven’t played a few of them to make an honest choice of just one. But if you decide to let catacomb or Big Game go, I would be interested

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

With that collection I'd sell the couch or the dining room suite first for room........

You have 24 hour to convince the CEO of the house... I will give you her phone number.. goodluck!

#7 5 years ago

I vote none of them. Make room!

Honestly, you have a super nice collection of classic sterns, and selfishly, I would want a few that I don't have.
You put a lot of work into these to make them nice. Enjoy them!

If one absolutely needs to go, sell Metallica. They made tons of them! You can buy another any day of the week. You can't do that with the other games.

#8 5 years ago

You should please sell me whichever one you’re willing to drive to my house in CT!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

You have 24 hour to convince the CEO of the house... I will give you her phone number.. goodluck!

Oh, I didn't realize you had one of those.......usually guys with 8 or more pins decreases the likelihood a SWMBO being around....LOL!!

....and yes, I have one of those SWMBO as well!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I need to move 1 classic stern... i have place for only 10 games and Fathom Centaur and Metallica are here to stay...
Which one need to go?

I would happily buy Big Game or Catacomb. PM with price in mind if interested.

Personally I vote you keep them all

#11 5 years ago

Flight or Quicksilver, as you see these titles in the market with more frequency then the rest- should you decide you want to own them again.

#12 5 years ago

AUKraut has won the official answer for this thread but, if that wasn’t feasible, Metallica would be out the door SOOO fast if I got such an ultimatum.

There are plenty of Metallicas in the sea RedK!
Don’t give up a single classic!

#13 5 years ago

Wow!

I'm having a difficult time deciding to sell Meteor. I do not envy you one bit!

Quicksilver seems to be selling at a premium right now, it could be an opportunity to sell high. I don't think I could do it myself though!

#14 5 years ago

Yeah but Flight 2000 is fairly easy to track down and it's still not crazy expensive. I think Viper has the worst gameplay of the ones you have listed but would be much harder to ever buy another.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I do not envy you one bit!

On second thought, I do envy your collection, but not the decision you are trying to make.

#16 5 years ago

I'd dump whichever one I play the least.

#17 5 years ago

I voted Iron Maiden because I want one lol...but seriously, I would let go of the one that I played the least and/or that was the “least nice” of my collection. I would also weigh whether I intended to try to get it again at some point. If so, then the difficulty of the search would be a factor as well. In any case, if it ends up being Iron Maiden, let me know!

#18 5 years ago

If you are forced to sell one, get as much as you can for it.

#19 5 years ago

Viper easy all day every day not even close.

#20 5 years ago

Big game. Based on your descriptions, Big Game is the least restored. It's also a game you'll be able to pick up with similar quality if you miss it.

#21 5 years ago

Step1: ask your pinhead friends (and non-pinhead friends) who wants to babysit one.
Step2: deliver and set up. you win. your friend wins.

I own 27, buy have 20 here. I have good friends enjoying the other 7 games.

Time/Space/Money. Not everyone has "all 3" to house the pins they want. Something always gives from time to time.

-mof

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Viper easy all day every day not even close.

438 Produced..... That would probably be the last Stern I'd get rid of if I had that collection....

I actually knew the OP had one long before this post because I searched the Pinside owners database a couple weeks back seeing who all had one when I saw one in background of another post.

I'd say Flight 2000

#23 5 years ago

I would NOT sell.

* These titles are too scarce to find again
* You have put too much time into them

If you mentioned a title with... 7000+ made and something that you can find every 2-3 months, and you had NOT put in the time on it, then I would say -- "ok"

#24 5 years ago

I'd remove the head from one and slide the cabinet and head under your other games. I figure you could probably do this 3 more times. Then you can switch things up by pulling one from 'storage'.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

438 Produced..... That would probably be the last Stern I'd get rid of if I had that collection....

Yeah I'm not overly into having games just cause they are rare but that's a personal thing. Viper is by far the worst playing Classic Stern...or Bally for that matter (and probably more). And hell, rare usually means more $$$ so it's a win win.

Flight is prob my 3rd choice (I'd rather have a gamatron), Iron Maiden would go 2nd I THINK; The one I play isn't the best condition so I might not be getting the full flavor of the game.

#26 5 years ago

Viper.

#27 5 years ago

F2K comes up all the time (at least around here), so I’d sell that.

#28 5 years ago

The probleme is I also have 10 jukebox (5 are sore in friend house)... My first plan was to have one store in friend house, but it will be a lot easier to sell one... No way i can put one under the other game, my girlfriend will definitely see it!

I play all my game regulary so playing time is almost equal. Metallica was a gift to me for my 40 birthday, and probably the one who got the most play time when i have non pinball friend at home.

Fathom is my grail pin of all time and still my best one. Centaur can probably go, but not easy to find in this condition...

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I also have 10 jukebox

There’s your problem right there!
Even if you have 5 at home, that’s FOUR more than you really need!
At least from a pinheads perspective...

Sell those extra jukes and boom!
Even MORE room/$$$ for classic pins!
You’re welcome.

#30 5 years ago

F2K seems to be the most common. I've seen quite a few of those over the years. That said, I don't understand the attraction of Catacomb. I really don't care for the game, so that would be the one I would get rid of.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

F2K seems to be the most common. I've seen quite a few of those over the years.

Not in the condition he has though. And he likely wouldn’t be able to get his money back out, and if he did sell it and rebuy he’d have to pour money back into it. He’d be losing on both ways. I wouldn’t recommend getting rid of any early sterns, there seems to be some appreciating going on.

#32 5 years ago

I’d buy your Flight 2000 if we could work out the shipping and stuff, always wanted one never had one. However, in your position I’d be hard pressed to sell any of them. Not that that helps you much, I realize.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Not in the condition he has though.

Incorrect. There are a lot of them that were restored. Ive seen at least 3 in the last year around my close group of pinball friends.

Hell, I know people with multiple PF's and plastics still laying around. 3rd most often restored game next to Funhouse and TAF. LOL.

As a comparison, around the same # of Pinsiders own Fire!. I view Fire! as a fairly easy to track down sys. 11.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Incorrect. There are a lot of them that were restored. Ive seen at least 3 in the last year around my close group of pinball friends.
Hell, I know people with multiple PF's and plastics still laying around. 3rd most often restored game next to Funhouse and TAF. LOL.
As a comparison, around the same # of Pinsiders own Fire!. I view Fire! as a fairly easy to track down sys. 11.

I’m looking for a playfield, see if one of them wants to part with one.

#35 5 years ago

Do you get to dictate the limits of your girlfriend's hobbies too? Lay down the law and say "the games are staying!"

You will regret selling and resent her. Sell when you're ready.

#36 5 years ago

There are always alternatives and some may just not have occurred to you yet. Red, think about it, such a nice collection.
That said: f2k would go.

#37 5 years ago

Whatever game you decide to sell, send me a pm and lets make a deal.

#38 5 years ago

Viper is a low production pin for a reason...SELL IT!

#39 5 years ago

I'd sell the wife before I gave up those games. Sweet collection.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Viper is a low production pin for a reason...SELL IT!

Viper is fun,

like all other classic stern... everything need to work perfectly and adjust correctly to appraciated it, and it's the case with all my pins.

I got an offer from a friend of mine who can store one of my pin... let's keep the poll rolling for fun... but look like my problem is solved

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'd sell the wife before I gave up those games. Sweet collection.

prefere not to sell the wife... I prefere to chase back a pin I sold then chase for a new wife... mine fit perfectly!

#42 5 years ago

I'm glad your friend was able to help you out.

Now, if I had to choose from your list....F2K since you have the best chance of getting another one if you want it back.

Otherwise, choose your least favorite to play. No sense keeping a game you don't play much just because it's super rare. Pass it along and let someone else enjoy it.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

If I had those I would sell Viper or Flight 2000.

What Viper lacks in game play more then makes up for it with that backglass. F2000 has nothing going for it so cut it loose.

John

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I got an offer from a friend of mine who can store one of my pin...

I can be your friend.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What Viper lacks in game play more then makes up for it with that backglass.

It's cool but you don't play the backglass. Just hang one on the wall.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

prefere not to sell the wife... I prefere to chase back a pin I sold then chase for a new wife... mine fit perfectly!

Easier to restore a pin than your wife too...

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It's cool but you don't play the backglass. Just hang one on the wall.

I would if I could find one to do so. I've already got the playfield but that's not nearly as cool as the glass. I used to have the game for a total of about three years but grew tired of it, just miss that art.

John

P9140334 (resized).JPGP9140334 (resized).JPG
#48 5 years ago

Throw some pics of all your games up, and it can be like an auction without starting an actual for sale ad or thread.

Whoever comes up with the most money, picks his game and wins.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What Viper lacks in game play more then makes up for it with that backglass. F2000 has nothing going for it so cut it loose.
John

Wow I've owned f2k for about 4 months and I've got it really dialed in and I play the hell out of it. I haven't played any of those other classic sterns yet so they must really kick ass

#50 5 years ago

F2k. That said I like Iron Maiden the least out of all these... crazy I know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 959.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1-classic-stern-have-to-go?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.