(Topic ID: 103952)

1 Amp Thermal Circuit Breakers?

By ForceFlow

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I was trying to troubleshoot a fuse that keeps blowing, and remembered seeing the idea of using a resetable thermal circuit breaker instead of burning through handfuls of fuses.

Great Plains Electronics carries a bunch of them, but not any rated for 1 amp.

https://greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=56

I've been looking around for a 1 amp breaker, but have been having some trouble locating one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

Evidently I left my 3A in a customer's game, so I needed a replacement since I use it quite a bit when on service calls. Since GPE was out of 3A and 5A I went looking for them at Mouser and a few other sites. I thought it would be good to pick up a 1A if they were available. I didn't see any. Maybe someone else can help, but I didn't have any luck.

#3 9 years ago

you might be out of luck, maybe too small of a value to work, don't see any anywhere better get some fuses.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've been looking around for a 1 amp breaker, but have been having some trouble locating one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have seen them for sale in local electronics shop (Anchor Electronics). OP you should set your location.

#5 9 years ago

I used to carry Carling Technologies breakers but their last price increase was too much (roughly 2x). I have a new vendor picked out and they do go down to 1 amp (and smaller). But it may be awhile before I order them -- trying to negotiate a final Keltron Connector order before they close their doors for good at the end of this week.

Ed (GPE)

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

I have seen them for sale in local electronics shop (Anchor Electronics). OP you should set your location.

The only electronics shops I have are radioshacks, which don't have much.

Quoted from G-P-E:

I used to carry Carling Technologies breakers but their last price increase was too much (roughly 2x). I have a new vendor picked out and they do go down to 1 amp (and smaller). But it may be awhile before I order them -- trying to negotiate a final Keltron Connector order before they close their doors for good at the end of this week.
    Ed (GPE)

Thanks for the update, Ed. I appreciate your diligence in keeping prices to a reasonable level.

I was hoping I'd be able to find one in the next couple weeks before I run out of fuses again. If it's going to be longer than that, I'm still open to other options.

#8 9 years ago

There is a source of 1A circuit breakers at $2.50 each. You wire a couple of clip leads to the lugs on the circuit breaker and clip the breaker in place using the fuse holder ends.

They are on this page:

http://www.therealbobroberts.net/parts.html#fuses

#9 9 years ago

Thanks, I've been looking for some cheap ones. Looks like they are used a lot in boating/housebouts. May help people when searching for them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1-amp-thermal-circuit-breakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.