Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by HowardR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

Hi. I'm new to the forum and I am repairing and restoring my grandparents 1974 Gottlieb Skyjump. I have just about everything working, but I just noticed the target bank doesn't score when it resets during game play. So if you knock the 1-7 drop targets down it resets and is supposed to score 500 or 5000 (I think depending on the bonus). All the scoring relays work by themselves, and the target bank does reset it's just not scoring. I've looked for a switch connected to to drop target bank but can't figure this one out. I have a hard time reading the schematics, but I have figured out every other problem on this machine. Please share your ideas. Thanks

#2 2 years ago

You sure it should score on reset? I don't think my sister game Free Fall scores with reset. I'll check after dinner.

#3 2 years ago

Couldn't wait! Yes, scores 5,000 on reset, and says so right on the instruction card.
    Check the completion switch on the bank, at completion the bar drops down and hits a switch and closes it. I fooled with mine when I first got the game months back.

#4 2 years ago

and check the switches on the TARGET BANK RESET RELAY for good contact when you manually close it

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from hjh632:

and check the switches on the TARGET BANK RESET RELAY for good contact when you manually close it

Hi thank you. I don't have an instruction card so the info helps. I did check all switches on the target bank relay and they seemed to be working, resetting the drop targets and turning the score motor. But not scoring the points I remember seeing a switch on the front of the bank if that's the one you're talking about. It seemed to be connecting but I'll check again. Stay tuned, I'll let you know if it works when I have time to mess with it! Thanks

#7 2 years ago

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

You can find the cards here and print onto card stock. They even come out the right size so you can cut them and put on the apron.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from hjh632:

Okay I think I was wrong I think it is somewhere on the target bank relay but I can’t figure out where. I was manually tripping each switch on the relay and the target bank is resetting, and score motor turning but no points scoring. That’s how I fixed the other scoring relays (50 and 500). Do idk if I need to take that relay back apart and adjust all the switches or what?

When the star bonus is on for 10x points, it’ll score 5000, but I realized when it does that it uses 2 different relays. The 10x point relay + 500 point relay. So that’s why I’m thinking the problem is in the E relay which is the 5000 point and target bank reset relay

#9 2 years ago

Update: I triple checked the E relay which is the "5000 point and drop target reset" relay, and all the switches on the actual drop target and everything seemed to be in order. So during game play the drop targets are resetting, and the score motor turns, but the 5000 points don't score. Does anyone else have any ideas? Could it be in the actual score motor? All the score reels seem to be working properly as well. Thanks

#10 2 years ago

Since you seem to have gone thru the bank reset/5000 pt relay and it's activating and you don't have any other 1000-point related issues, the score motor switch 1A in the above schematic pic would be a good suspect since it is supplying the five pulses for the 5000 points, could be dirty or overgapped.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

Since you seem to have gone thru the bank reset/5000 pt relay and it's activating and you don't have any other 1000-point related issues, the score motor switch 1A in the above schematic pic would be a good suspect since it is supplying the five pulses for the 5000 points, could be dirty or overgapped.

Thank you. I took those apart and cleaned them so I will see if they need to be adjusted (might have bent one out of place while cleaning). Thanks for the tip, I still have a hard time reading the schematics and score motor positions, so I appreciate the tips. I will check that tonight and hopefully have a positive update here soon!

#12 2 years ago

I need to do this. I'm gonna go pick up some alligator clips at the store. I also have to figure out how to do this lol.

1 week later
    #13 2 years ago

Update: I ordered an instruction manual, and tested pretty much everything that had to do with the "E" relay (target drop reset and 5000 point relay). Everything seemed to be working as it should on the scoring motor and score reels. Now I'm back to wondering if it is in the E relay somewhere. If anyone has any other idea that would be greatly appreciated.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1-7-drop-target-bank-doesn-t-score-when-resetting?hl=hjh632 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.