08 Spiderman ,, Shop'd and Sweet .. B_R ,, SOLD !!!

(Topic ID: 21799)

08 Spiderman ,, Shop'd and Sweet .. B_R ,, SOLD !!!

By BLACK_ROSE

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by davewth
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 79 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Spiderman_Sold_,,_I_m_Gonna_Miss_it_!!.jpg
    Spiderman_Sold_,,_I_m_Gonna_Miss_it_!!.jpg
    !cid_1115122209.jpg
    #1.gif
    SM_Green_Goblin_Pumpkin_Bomb_mod_012.JPG
    SM_Green_Goblin_Pumpkin_Bomb_mod_008.JPG
    SM_Green_Goblin_Pumpkin_Bomb_mod_007.JPG
    SM_Green_Goblin_Pumpkin_Bomb_mod_006.JPG
    SM_Green_Goblin_Pumpkin_Bomb_mod_003.JPG
    Spider_speaker_mods_by_Hooked_003.JPG
    Spider_speaker_mods_by_Hooked_002.JPG
    HUO_Single_Owner_TFTC_001.JPG
    SM_Doc_Ock_mod_by_BigLaw_021.JPG
    SM_Doc_Ock_mod_by_BigLaw_018.JPG
    SM_Doc_Ock_mod_by_BigLaw_010.JPG
    SM_Doc_Ock_mod_by_BigLaw_006.JPG

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 6 years ago

I haven't played a Game since I've been home ,, Every 89 flasher was D.O.A and a few Gi's
    I replaced the florescent bulb behind the Trans , Actually SM is Pretty clean , i still vacumed it out tho.. Anyway , the SM that i bought needs a Good Shop'n , it's Gonna Be like New when me & Shanetastic get thru w/ it.. The Manuel and a Nice Used upper Left ramp was in the cab- Why , I don't know , it isn't cracked ) ... The $$ i paid for SM didn't bother me, It Will go thru a Full shop , i'll Play it and later on I might Trade it for another Pin or 2 or Sale it down the Road .. I'll up-date this thread as Progress continues.. Rock on !!
    Pin # 199 for me since Aug 16 2008

2008_Spiderman_002.JPG 2008_Spiderman_005.JPG 2008_Spiderman_006.JPG 2008_Spiderman_007.JPG 2008_Spiderman_014.JPG 2008_Spiderman_017.JPG

#2 6 years ago

looks good BR...fun pin,I'm sure it will clean up nice..

#3 6 years ago

Cool. Looks like it has the armor guards and regular support brackets already installed. No chance to keep this one a while? You're a getaway fan like me. Spiderman is my favorite Steve Ritchie game

#4 6 years ago

Congrats on the pick up. I picked one up on Friday. Dirty as hell but in pretty good shape. As with you, I'm looking forward to getting it cleaned up and playing 100%.

#5 6 years ago

looks good BR...fun pin,I'm sure it will clean up nice..

Thanxx TZ , Just wished I would've did my IJ for yr 2010 SM ...

This SM Will Shine !! It's Also gonna cost me a small Fortune in Led's and Flashers ..

I would like to Thank Southbound and his wife for the Gift they gave me today.. I sold S.bound my RFM and he Loves it ... When i take down my Brothers in the Wind wall banner that's been up for 5 yr's over the window and hang the New 1 , I'll Post a Pict , .... There's Noth-n like Friend's ,

"" Especially Pinhead's ""

2008_Spiderman_015.JPG

#6 6 years ago

Nice pick up! Always enjoyed SM.

#7 6 years ago

Congrats BR, now where is my Lost in Space?

#8 6 years ago

Congrats BR!! Hang on to it a while you will love it!

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Thanxx TZ , Just wished I would've did my IJ for yr 2010 SM ...
    This SM Will Shine !! It's Also gonna cost me a small Fortune in Led's and Flashers ..
    I would like to Thank Southbound and his wife for the Gift they gave me today.. I sold S.bound my RFM and he Loves it ... When i take down my Brothers in the Wind wall banner that's been up for 5 yr's over the window and hang the New 1 , I'll Post a Pict , .... There's Noth-n like Friend's ,
    "" Especially Pinhead's ""

It has a heavy led ghosting problem. So make sure you get cointaker premiums or such to solve it.

#10 6 years ago

Grats on the new purchase BR. I am one of the few people on Pinside that hasn't played it I bet...

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

Congrats BR, now where is my Lost In Space?

Jack told me to Buy him a couple of Pins as he left for Myrtle beach today ,, He had a Budget , I did get him a T2 , was gonna buy the 1K TS but it was a POS also .. I almost bought Jackbot , I went to $ 1300.00 .. LIS , I don't think there were any boards in the head ,, looked Funky ,, but Freddy 's p/f lOOked Awesome !! ..

More Auctions / Pins are coming ,, Plus I don't like to Buy Pins on their back , what if it was a POS ,, and you backed out and i had to Stomp you ,, That Wouldn't be Good ,, , 4-Real !!

#12 6 years ago

Good score BR. You might want to add a shaker motor while (if) they are still on special for $175. It improves/completes the game IMHO.

Tom

#13 6 years ago

Congrats..... great pin, you should love it.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tom_in_NoVA:

Good score BR. You might want to add a shaker motor while (if) they are still on special for $175. It improves/completes the game IMHO.
    Tom

A Shaker will be ordered next week ,, Who has them on Special ?

#15 6 years ago

Make sure to use no-ghost LEDs.

#16 6 years ago

little shop of games website has them...

#17 6 years ago

Chad05 on pinballbash had three available at 165 each, delivered to the auction. I'm not sure if he has any left.

Game Exchange had them for 175, freight included. Again, I'm not sure if they have any left.

#18 6 years ago

Cointaker has the best price.. use "email" in the coupon code and they're $179.99 plus $6 shipping. I tried Little shop of games but shipping was $15 so that killed the price.

#19 6 years ago

Awesome pick up. I give it 2-3 weeks

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

A Shaker will be ordered next week ,, Who has them on Special ?

SHAKER MOTOR KIT SPECIAL 170.00 plus Shipping LIMITED SUPPLY
    « on: August 03, 2012, 06:45:06 PM »

I am putting in an order for shaker motor kits (Stern), if you are interested please let me know before there gone. You can order direct from Stern for 189.99 plus shipping soon, or get in on the savings from LSOG for 19.99 less. I do have 7 i n stock right now.

Kit (Part # 502-5027-00) includes the shaker motor, pcb, weights, wiring, hardware and
    cover. All Stern games from Tron forward have shaker motor programming plus wiring and
    pre-drilled holes for extremely easy installation.

Curly
    Fruitland Park FL 34731
    561-248-9628
    www.littleshopofgames.com

#21 6 years ago

Cointaker has the best deal, use "email" in the coupon code box and you'll get the shaker plus $6 to ship. Little shop's shipping was like $16!

Congrats on your pickup! I don't know if I could have pulled the trigger on a routed SM for $5K, but it looks nice compared to a lot of the routed SM's I've seen.

#22 6 years ago

Time for me to put UNC on the board , need to have a BR pinside bash

#23 6 years ago

I've been working on it since i got home , Re-sleved the Flips, Re-adjusted the Pops, New Sling Rubbers , New ball's , Led's in the Spot lights , Novus 2 , then Millwax ,, You Wouldn't believe the Diff- , I'm Gonna get S.Tastic to down load the Newest code and install it 2-morrow.. Can't wait to Tear it down to the pin wood.... it's 2:45 am and i'm Tired... Later .............................

fun_spidey.gif

#24 6 years ago

Great new pickup BR! What will be pin #200?

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Cointaker has the best deal

Nah man, that is $185. JJ at GameExchange is $175 shipped. That's the best deal I have found . Save $10 and order from JJ.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from triadwatch:

need to have a BR pinside bash

+1
    Congrats B_R. I could tell you really had your heart set on SM. Glad to see you won it & good to see you yesterday.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Pin # 199 for me since Aug 16 2008

man thats a lot of pins, you should make a big party when you hit 200!

nice pick up.

#29 6 years ago

+2
    I have the Franklin co. stuff on order! Should of been here last week, I need to check on it. Congrats on the SM! The B_R garage is looking full agin!

#30 6 years ago

Hmmm with the amount of Pins B_R goes though.. i wonder.. is milwax on all of them? ... hope not!

#31 6 years ago

What's Bad about Mill Wax, ( If it's Bad i need to know ) I have a 16 oz bottle still 3/4 's full ..
    Just bought it a Lil-over a month ago.

Check out the Led Transformation on this SM ..

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

What's Bad about Mill Wax, ( If it's Bad i need to know ) I have a 16 oz bottle still 3/4 's full ..
    Just bought it a Lil-over a month ago.
    Check out the Led Transformation on this SM ..
    » YouTube video

LOL those guys are morons. Those LEDs they're using are awful and they even stated that incandescent bulbs are polarized while messing with the spotlight. Wow.

#33 6 years ago

HAHAH! My favorite that this guy has done is this one he did for IJ4.. its such a classic! The best part is when the game does a ball search and he has no idea why!!! lol

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

What's Bad about Mill Wax, ( If it's Bad i need to know )

Dude are you serious? No offense but do a search, there has been discussions forever on this topic.

#35 6 years ago

It is bad on current pf's because of solvents and silicone, not actually wax-simple answer

Here is one link for longer answers
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mill-wax-pinball-playfield-wax-and-cleaner

#36 6 years ago

Heres another that includes Clay's comments...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mill-wax-again

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

LOL those guys are morons. Those LEDs they're using are awful and they even stated that incandescent bulbs are polarized while messing with the spotlight. Wow.

Quoted from absocountry2:

It is bad on current pf's because of solvents and silicone, not actually wax-simple answer
    Here is one link for longer answers
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mill-wax-pinball-playfield-wax-and-cleaner

I Posted a Bad video and if Millwax is as Bad as Ya'll say " It's Gotta go " It does leave a shine , but I Don't want my P/F's ate up ... Thanxx for the info !! $ 12.95 down the drain...

Millwax_004.JPG

#38 6 years ago

Mill wax looks good on metal parts. I use it to shine the legs

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I would like to Thank Southbound and his wife for the Gift they gave me today..

Don't mention it! Seemed like it would be a good fit for the BR Garage.

Congrats again on the SM!! I know you're gonna enjoy the hell out of that one. Looking forward to seeing the documentary to come of the B_R/Shanetastic shop job.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

Dude are you serious? No offense but do a search, there has been discussions forever on this topic.

Ok, ok...hold up. What was the final consensus on Mill Max vs. others...

If I have a clearcoated pf - what do I need to do to clean it?

I'm currently using Novus 1 for a good clean on everything and mill wax for the pf. It seems to be working just fine.

What does everyone else do?

#41 6 years ago

Novus 2 to clean, and then pure Carnauba wax. Novus 1 is too harsh for regular cleaning.

amazon.com link »

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Ok, ok...hold up. What was the final consensus on Mill Max vs. others...
    If I have a clearcoated pf - what do I need to do to clean it?
    I'm currently using Novus 1 for a good clean on everything and mill wax for the pf. It seems to be working just fine.
    What does everyone else do?

Check out the two links above.. novus 2 is all you need but novus 1 is fine for taking off light dirt..

Wax with Carnuba (not liquid!)... as stated by DCFAN if you want to.. but for newer sterns its not really needed after novus 2.. its needed for older games to level off the playfield (Clay addresses this in the post i quoted)

#43 6 years ago

The correct answer for most games 1992 and newer is Novus 2 for normal cleaning, Novus 1 for light cleaning. No Millwax, no Carnuba wax.

#44 6 years ago

Shanetastic drop'd by and up-dated SM to 2.6 ,, Huge Difference !! I've been cleaning the insert's out and installing color matched Led's in the insert's ,, Frosted's and Premiums.. The Frosted Red's and Green's Are NOT Ghost-n ... I just made another Sizable Led order to CoinTaker to Finish off SM . All Super 89 Flasher's , & for GI's I'm going w/ Double Led Warm White's or Retro Warm Whites , I ordered 30 of each , The Double Led's aren't as bright as the Retro's but they are Cooler in color ..

Now on to Marco for the Flipper rebuild kits , (3-flipper's ) etc,,, I have New Sling Plastics in the Goodie bag ,but i want the plastics w/ the Spidey eYe's on them .. I also had S.tastic play a game while i filmed , A Good 13 minute 3-ball Game, I'll Post it Here later .
    " Ladies and Gentlemen , Fasten Yr Seat belt's " !!

The correct answer for most games 1992 and newer is Novus 2 for normal cleaning, Novus 1 for light cleaning. No Millwax, no Carnuba wax.

And now this guy say's Don't use Carnuba wax ( WTF ) ,,

004.JPG

#45 6 years ago

Congrats on the SM!
    My fav Steve Ritchie game and one of my fav games of all time.Wont be long and I will have another one sitting right next to IM.

#46 6 years ago

I'm looking forward to see your thoughts on the warm white retros for the GI. I have all the inserts on my Spidey with LEDs but have left the GI incandescent. I bought a few warm white retros to try, but it's a bit hard to judged them in just a few locations.

#47 6 years ago

BR,
    Thanks for the info and can't wait to see what you do with the LED's. Also, I love the vids keep em coming. I was thinking the same when you went to unplug your SM. Hands off the merchandise!

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm looking forward to see your thoughts on the warm white retros for the GI. I have all the inserts on my Spidey with LEDs but have left the GI incandescent. I bought a few warm white retros to try, but it's a bit hard to judged them in just a few locations.

Me to on the Retro's ,, We'll Just have to see !!! I'm Sure it Will be a Beauty ..

Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

BR,
    Thanks for the info and can't wait to see what you do with the LED's. Also, I love the vids keep em coming. I was thinking the same when you went to unplug your SM. Hands off the merchandise!

I Should've had a Security Guard on Duty watch-n it !! Was All Cool ...

Anyway here's the video I shot 2-nite of S.Tastic on SM ,, The Sound is Muffled out due to the 100w Sub-woofer cranked up under the Pin, I Don't know why my camera want Pick up the Bass.
    The Led's in the insert's are lOOk-n Good too.... Can't wait to get it Finished .. Look's like it's Gonna be 2 week's on a sat- before me & S.t will tear SM down .. No Big Hurry , I'm cleaning a plastic here and there a day's go by .

#49 6 years ago

Hey BR, what kind of bulb is in the yellow dome behind Sandman? When it flashes on the video it looks green.

I know I have put cool whites under yellow inserts before and they give off a bit of a greenish tint, but not that much. So I'm gonna guess you have a super cool white under it. I'm sure it's not as noticeable in person as it is on the vid....it just struck me as strange that it flashed that color in the vid. I know yellow LED are usually pretty flat looking compared to the POP of other colors.

I was also wondering if you noticed what software version was on it before you upgraded? It really amazes me that so many games aren't updated to the latest code version. Especially since it is so easy to do.

That sub sounded like it was thumpin' pretty good to me. Good luck on the tear down and enjoy it during it's stay. BSM was my first NIB and would probably be the last one to leave my place.

#50 6 years ago

The Sandman Flasher 89 bulb was Out , I replaced it with an unKnown 89 Led Super that I had , and Yes it is Green , It Will definitely be coming out and will be replaced w/ a Cool White Super , The Green Led Flashers will be installed under the Goblin area .. SM , You know the game I see .

Good eYe's .. The Next video I take of SM , I Will have that Sub woofer turned Off , But It sound's Sooo Good in Person.. S.tastic Played a Hell've game in the Vid-- SM Rock's !!!!

I 4-get what version was installed b-4 S.t installed 2.6 , but Now in Attract mode the DMD animation will introduce Spiderman etc.... Alot of New Stuff !!

eYe_See_You.gif

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Displays
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 59.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Boards
    PinSound
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside