(Topic ID: 201836)

00-90 relay is constantly pulled

By HermanLittleJoe

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

After I start a new game on my Little Joe (Bally), alle reels are reset to zero. That's fine. The ball is served, so I can play.
But at that point my 00-90 stepper is producing a heavy humming sound and keeps being active. It is not released.
At the same point the 10-point reel of player #1 is slightly changing its position between 0 an 1.
When I switch off the pinball, the reel jumps to 1 (it seems 1 ten point score is made).
During the active period of the 00-90 stepper, I cannot score 10 points at the playfield.
I've tried manualy but no 10 points can be made, other scores are working.
Any ideas?

#2 6 years ago

I would start by going through the reels and cleaning them, adjusting/cleaning zero / 9 positions switches as necessary - then see where that gets you.

If i have a few I will try and take a look at the schematic.

#3 6 years ago

I looked at the schematic and what I said still holds.

Have you checked for a stuck 10 pt switch somewhere? I'm not very familiar with the game on what scores 10 pts, but that's my bet - you're 10 pt relay is being energized.

#4 6 years ago

Most likely the 10 Point relay is holding energized at the same time. If it only does it for first player then the end-of-stroke switch on the first player 10 point reel is most likely out of adjustment.

#5 6 years ago

Robotoes and HowardR , thank you for your fast reply. I will follow your advice first thing in the morning!
I will let you know if I'm making progress.

#6 6 years ago

Goodmorning Robotoes and @howardr, thank you both for your input.
The problem is solved! A stuck 10 pointer switch on the playfield caused the issue.
The two leaves of the switch stick together, due to a cleaning session of the playfield.
It's nice to hear a quiet pinball after a restart and the sound of a served ball in the lane, waiting to play...
Thank you guys, have a nice weekend!

#7 6 years ago

Excellent! Please check as resolved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 5.00
$ 9.99
Lighting - Other
Pinlights
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/00-90-relay-is-constantly-pulled?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.