Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Money.gif
    2fsvbd (resized).jpg
    c5ihAxe (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 5 years ago

Just looked this up, it is the first result, so take that with a grain of salt:

"ValuePenguin found that more than 40% of all US households carry credit card debt, with the average American household carrying a balance of $5,700. For only indebted households, which excludes people who pay their balances in full every month, the average debt is $9,333."

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/average-credit-card-debt-in-every-state-ranked-2018-8

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I spent a lot of time closing out credit cards. I now have 2, plus a bank card. One is the major card, the other is basically for PayPal play money.

While nobody can tell the future, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that economic "good times" won't be around forever. I'd say we here in The States probably have another year of stability, then the election cycle will begin and all bets are off.

So, if you can get it paid within a year, I'd say good on ya. If you're looking at the 24 month option, you shouldn't be buying a pin.

Just my $0.02

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from gamera9:

I have bought 2 new pinball on credit cards with money I did not have. Things worked out great. I got a raise, my wife got a raise she went on half of one of the game, and I sold a couple of arcades and pins to pay for the rest. I would encourage people to do this. Beats the 8 lattes and other crap I might have spent the money on plus me and my wife would not have the raises. We made money buying pinball.

So, let me get this straight, you got a raise because you bought 2 pins on credit?

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from gamera9:

My wife bought a pin with me, then asked her boss for a raise. She would not have asked for the raise if she did not buy the pin.

Just a what if here, , ,

What if your wife had asked for the raise, but her boss instead let her know he was downsizing and had to let her go?

It's great that it worked out for you (this time), but I feel as though you have a misunderstanding of plan vs luck.

#49 5 years ago

I sort of feel like this discussion is parallel to this scene:

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im Anal....I finance almost every game I buy.

What does one have to do with the other?

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Just love these threads on how so many feel as though they need to get into other peoples finances. Not to mention if you can't understand the advantage of using 0% financing then your financial advice is a bit suspect to begin with anyways.

I think you are misreading the suggestions as interference. I could certainly be wrong. I'm viewing the suggestions as directed toward those without a truly good plan, or not having the means to pay off tomorrow if need be.

I'd like to see people stay out of as much debt as possible. I'm guessing you do too.

I completely understand the building credit argument. Again, if you could pay it off tomorrow, more power to you!

For the record, I support the OP here.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Did she enjoy her life? You only get one and that is all that really matters.

Are you responsible for any of her debt upon passing? Companies want their money. They'll dig deep.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/0-financing-on-pinball-machines?tu=ronss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.