Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Money.gif
    2fsvbd (resized).jpg
    c5ihAxe (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd argue that you can actually benefit by doing this even if you have the money on hand. Put that money to work for you while you pay off the 0% pin note.

In a perfect world, this makes sense. We do not live in a perfect world.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Some of us dont have that luxury. But push come to shove if i would put a star wars pro for 4500 it would be gone.

Sure you do. You pretend like you just bought a pin on a 6-month plan. Set aside that money each month. Boom! In 6 months you can pay cash for a pin. I bet you can get a better cash price than a 6 month financed price.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

I hate to state the obvious...
    If you can afford it , Why stretch out the payments?

To keep that $7K invested in the cryptos? I have no idea. I don't drink $8 lattes either.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I am still trying to figure out how you get a Raise buying a Pinball machine......

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons?

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

In Canada you don't get a better deal cash or credit. There is 2 suppliers (one on the west coast and the other approximately 3500 miles away in Ontario). I get why some people think it's stupid to finance a pinball machine. I see more like I am building credit while enjoying a hobby.

Debt is a slippery slope. I've nearly fallen off it. Respect it is what I'm saying. More than a month? I finance homes, cars, education, and God forbid medical. That's it and that's experienced me talking, not 20 something dipshit me.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Anyone saying this is dangerous is ignorant.

For every guy like you with his finances in order, there's at least 1 or 2 who shouldn't be financing a pinball machine but do it anyway. Or do you believe everyone who buys luxury items on credit has all their ducks in a row?

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scorch:

Well... it's not over yet!
    She does enjoy her life, and I am in no way condemning the way she lives. my only point is that some people have no financial IQ, and those people should not be taking out debt. My Mother-In-Law does not have any credit cards, and the debt was mostly built up by her husband who died almost 20 years ago (mostly hospital bills). She knows she will never get out of debt during her life time, so just lives day to day.

Sounds like it was time to declare bankruptcy ~20 years ago. I spent the night in an ER next to a guy who took an ambulance for no other reason than it was cheaper than a taxi for him. Ain't that f'd up?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/0-financing-on-pinball-machines?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.