Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PtownPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Ladies and Gentlemen, after rotating around 20 machines through my basement, I have exactly 1 "forever pin" ST:TNG. What other games are out there like ST:TNG. If ST:TNG is one of your favorites, what else do you like? I generally have liked every pin I have ever had, but just love ST:TNG. I briefly had a Stern Star Trek and will likely get one again, but are there any other games out there like ST:TNG? Right now I have it next to TSPP, AFM, and MMR LE and ST:TNG is still the best.

For me it has it all.
1. The theme is perfect (I'm one of those guys) and my wife makes me keep it on the endcap because she loves the theme.
2. The sound package is perfect.
3. We really like the art.
4. It is very flowy.
5. It is a mode based game with a variety of objectives
6. It is just challenging enough that I can make it to the wizard mode every 50 games or so.

After rotating through a bunch of games I am drawn most back to the 90s Bally Williams.

Just curious as to what you would think would be other games like STTNG I might like.

Have used your advice in the past.

Thanks and happy pinball!

#2 3 years ago

If theme isn’t an issue, I immediately think of the other Bally Williams widebodies, Twilight Zone and Road Show.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

For me it would be White Water.

I liked White Water. Rotated it through last year.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

If theme isn’t an issue, I immediately think of the other Bally Williams widebodies, Twilight Zone and Road Show.

May go for Twilight Zone sometime. There is one at the local arcade. Never tried a real Road Show.

#6 3 years ago

One of my favorites also.

Really nothing else like it since its a widebody.... its also the only wide that really has great flow IMO.

Spiderman has a similar feel shots wise and its allot fun. Stern Star Trek is similar also but I never could get into it.

JJP Wonka has a similar mix of satisfying shots (some hard and some easy) and modes.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

May go for Twilight Zone sometime. There is one at the local arcade. Never tried a real Road Show.

Another one of my favorites but only thing it has in common with STTNG is being a widebody and a nightmare to fix.

Modes arent as good and its way more stop and go.

#8 3 years ago

Road Show is a great game. I think the price reflects that many don’t like the theme, which I happen to like.

#9 3 years ago

Demo man is a poor mans version IMHO

#10 3 years ago

Williams IJ....incredibly game once its all dialed in

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I second that, it took me years to figure what was the hype about IJ, then I played a perfect one and wow, that game actually flows way more than the crowded playfield let it guess at first.

#12 3 years ago

Stern star trek
Bksor
Black knight
Bk2000
Got
High speed

These all have one thing in common

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Demo man is a poor mans version IMHO

I've only gotten to play one briefly at a pinball show. I really like it. Terrible art, awesome game. Near the top of my current list.

Quoted from Zitt:

Stern star trek
Bksor
Black knight
Bk2000
Got
High speed
These all have one thing in common

Steve Ritchie! May have to look harder at a BKSOR. I almost pulled the trigger on a 1980 BK. There are none in arcades near me and I'd love another 80s Machine. This one was fun the one day I got to play one. BK2000 is awesome too. There is one at my local arcade (CRABTOWNE USA) and I play it every time I'm there. I can get my fix on that one close to home. I really like GOT as well but I feel it's pricier than what it should be for what it is. High Speed is awesome and I briefly had one I was fixing up off a 2 for 1 trade. Didn't have space for it but should have kept it. Luckily there is one close by I can play.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Been years since I played one. I remember liking it. Prices on this one make it almost unobtanium. May make a trade for one some day.

Based off of what I've heard I will likely sell a game sometime in the next few months and pick up a Demo Man and BK if nothing crazy comes up.

#14 3 years ago

T-2. But it only has one cannon. Yeah, like you really needed two to begin with.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

T-2. But it only has one cannon. Yeah, like you really needed two to begin with.

I don't know. Battle simulation with 2 cannons is pretty dope. I have never played T2. Have to wait until the kids are older before rotating one through the basement.

#16 3 years ago

I've only gotten to play one briefly at a pinball show. I really like it. Terrible art, awesome game. Near the top of my current list.

Steve Ritchie! May have to look harder at a BKSOR. I almost pulled the trigger on a 1980 BK. There are none in arcades near me and I'd love another 80s Machine. This one was fun the one day I got to play one. BK2000 is awesome too. There is one at my local arcade (CRABTOWNE USA) and I play it every time I'm there. I can get my fix on that one close to home. I really like GOT as well but I feel it's pricier than what it should be for what it is. High Speed is awesome and I briefly had one I was fixing up off a 2 for 1 trade. Didn't have space for it but should have kept it. Luckily there is one close by I can play.

Been years since I played one. I remember liking it. Prices on this one make it almost unobtanium. May make a trade for one some day.
Based off of what I've heard I will likely sell a game sometime in the next few months and pick up a Demo Man and BK if nothing crazy comes up.

Yea thats the challenge with IJ, but when u get the mode hole and POA working its an incredible experience....nice examples are $8k+

#17 3 years ago

Yeah Indiana Jones is done very well. Best modern game with theme integration is Rick and Morty. Star Trek the Next Generation rules and gameplay fits the theme nicely and Rick and Morty is the best I've seen ever.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah Indiana Jones is done very well. Best modern game with theme integration is Rick and Morty. Star Trek the Next Generation rules and gameplay fits the theme nicely and Rick and Morty is the best I've seen ever.

It looks like a really fun game

#19 3 years ago

Stern Star Trek is almost identical it might even be too close....like buying an AC/DC to go with your T2.

I’d go with spidey.

#20 3 years ago

I just picked up a Judge Dredd and it kind of reminds me of Star Trek The Next Generation. Not as deep, but there are a good amount of modes and a great layout. The Shadow might be another good choice. Similar feel to many of the shots. In fact when I was letting go of one, I choose to keep The Shadow over Star Trek The Next Generation. Others already mentioned Twilight Zone, which is the other game that came to mind, but maybe I'm just lumping the wide body games together.

#21 3 years ago

Hard to find something to compare to STTNG(in a league of its own)- Spiderman, Ghostbusters, and Star Wars do it for me

#22 3 years ago

I like Addams Family as well. Four flippers in a standard body is rare. The only thing is, there's no auto plunger, so multi-ball can end quickly. That's probably the most significant change in pinball moving from a '92 like TAF to a '93 game like STTNG or IJ.
But my first pick to complement STTNG is IJ. Those are my favorite two 90's games.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I like Addams Family as well. Four flippers in a standard body is rare. The only thing is, there's no auto plunger, so multi-ball can end quickly. That's probably the most significant change in pinball moving from a '92 like TAF to a '93 game like STTNG or IJ.
But my first pick to complement STTNG is IJ. Those are my favorite two 90's games.

That a good point...I never thought about he auto plunger

#24 3 years ago

We will never sell our sttng and ij. That being said if you liked any of the previous black knight games Sword of Rage is amazingly fun. We bought a le a few weeks ago. Another one we got that suprised me is world cup soccer. The theme stinks, but the game is alot of fun.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

We will never sell our sttng and ij. That being said if you liked any of the previous black knight games Sword of Rage is amazingly fun. We bought a le a few weeks ago. Another one we got that suprised me is world cup soccer. The theme stinks, but the game is alot of fun.

Have you upgraded the sound (PinSound, speakers) on your IJ? If you love the music and theme its really a game changer...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 85.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-what-games-like-my-favorite-sttng?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.