Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Meph
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 78 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

29105670376_194c549f2a_z (resized).jpg
28519922223_5471bb7a17_z (resized).jpg
IMGA0874[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0643 (resized).JPG
GB Lane and Sling Guard3 (resized).jpg
GB Lane and Sling Guard2 (resized).jpg
GB Lane and Sling Guard (resized).jpg
IMGA0856[1] (resized).JPG
IMGA0855[1] (resized).JPG
IMGA0854[1] (resized).JPG
IMGA0853[1] (resized).JPG
Ghostbusters coin door slime pink normal (resized).jpg
Ghostbusters coin door slime pink long drip (resized).jpg
Ghostbusters coin door slime green normal (resized).jpg
Ghostbusters coin door slime green long drip (resized).jpg
Ghostbusters Green Coindoor shooter housing powder coat job (resized).jpg

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 3 years ago

Like yours Better than mine! Look forward to purchasing.....please add me to your list....thank you.

#52 3 years ago

nice job meph! thanks for the proto!

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

nice job meph! thanks for the proto!

Anytime for you Ant, you know that. =)

#54 3 years ago

Love the terror dog and the magnets

I decided the sides needed the blades. Got the ones from Stern/Yeti, they look great. Super easy to install, 10 minutes max.

The green slime blades from Joe look great too.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i was having trouble. you have to push the green plastic while bending it a little. it doesnt go in easily. its very tight. mine had just enough thread. it took me 15 minutes messing with it but it worked out. btw i couldnt use the washers not enough thread left.

Quoted from robotron:

i was having trouble. you have to push the green plastic while bending it a little. it doesnt go in easily. its very tight. mine had just enough thread. it took me 15 minutes messing with it but it worked out. btw i couldnt use the washers not enough thread left.

I was abel to get mine on. What tight but worked.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its tight......dont know if there are any thread height diff. between games.....

Mine was tight too but doable. I have a Pro.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I had to have a Terror Dog mod. I just can't understand why they didn't place something there since there is a Terror Dog target and insert. So I 3D printed my own and I think it came out pretty good. Robotron, yours is going in the mail this week. I order shipping boxes from Amazon which i'll have tuesday so I can get these out.
I decided to do a small run of these if anyone is interested. The model I used is open source so anyone can print their own, or I can print and paint. I figured about $15 shipped is a fair price. If anyone is interested I should have a batch ready early this week. I will put up a post when i'm ready.

I'll take one too.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'll take one too.

MustangPaul, I still have one for you like we talked about last week. I have just been waiting for the boxes to arrive. I have you on my list already.

#59 3 years ago

Oh thanks, I forgot but I'll gladly send you some money.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Shoot me a PM Ed and as soon as the boxes arrive I will give ya the paypal info and get one out to ya. They are scheduled to arrive Wednesday.

ill take one

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Put ya on the list.

I'll take one too! Looks great.....

#63 3 years ago

Meph I would like to be added to the list.

#64 3 years ago

Meph, please pit me on the list for a terror dog. Looks great.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I had to have a Terror Dog mod. I just can't understand why they didn't place something there since there is a Terror Dog target and insert. So I 3D printed my own and I think it came out pretty good. Robotron, yours is going in the mail this week. I order shipping boxes from Amazon which i'll have tuesday so I can get these out.
I decided to do a small run of these if anyone is interested. The model I used is open source so anyone can print their own, or I can print and paint. I figured about $15 shipped is a fair price. If anyone is interested I should have a batch ready early this week. I will put up a post when i'm ready.

I was just thinking, on the right front foot, if you could add in the stl file to print what would be essentially a black plastic washer attached so we could slip under the plastic nut..???

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Like yours Better than mine! Look forward to purchasing.....please add me to your list....thank you.

But Art isn't yours clear? I can't find a picture of it right now.

#67 3 years ago

I have a new mini figure, its a seated terror dog in Grey Looks "cute"...This is the best look Ive seen!

gb3_(resized).jpg

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I was just thinking, on the right front foot, if you could add in the stl file to print what would be essentially a black plastic washer attached so we could slip under the plastic nut..???

I originally hadn't thought about it because I was just making it for myself. The one you see mounted in the picture is also 8 mm bigger than the new ones. I resized them because the original hung over the plastic a little because it's back hit the ramp on the pro. The new one is just short enough to fit back in there a little better with less overhang.

I am printing with PLA so I was worried with all the airballs that the part overhanging would eventually get broken. While nothing is safe from airballs on GB, I think setting it back just a tad will help. At the time I really didn't think of adding a mounting bracket like that in case people wanted to change the position or location.

I got some overwhelming response on both this post and PMs since last night so I have been printing pretty much non-stop since yesterday. Due to the size of them I found, through many errors, that I just can't get consistent prints if doing multiples so I have been printing these out one at a time for now. I have some ideas for some other potential mods so I will look more into a mounting bracket in the future.

#69 3 years ago

Everyone who has replied in this thread or sent a PM is added to the list.

#70 3 years ago

can you put me on the list for 2 ? thnx

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

can you put me on the list for 2 ? thnx

Got ya, will PM you for Paypal when I get the boxes and am ready to ship.

#72 3 years ago

Hey Meph, I love this mod but I guess I'm blind. Where exactly does it fit? I'm interested in one as well and thanks for doing these!

#73 3 years ago

This is where I placed mine. I put it right above the terror dog insert and target.

28593810710_a088c7ee62_o_(resized).jpg28802736971_38a0ac7258_o_(resized).jpg28818169216_1504ff21e4_o_(resized).jpg

#74 3 years ago

The response on these was pretty overwhelming. I had printed about 12 of these thinking I would get a few orders. I ended up printing non-stop yesterday and am also today. I just finished trimming up, priming, and painting all the orders I have right now. I am sure I can get a lot more done before I start shipping on Thursday but I am only going to guarantee those that I have already responded to. I will just add to the list and I am sure I will have a second batch ready no later than Saturday.

Here was my morning project! Still need to finish up with an acrylic sealer once they are good and dry.

28846166480_4589f9ee5f_o_(resized).jpg

#75 3 years ago

Nice 4 pack of mods on eBay from an international seller, anyone try these yet?

#76 3 years ago

If you can squeeze in any more, I'd love to be added to the list.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Added ya 30FathomDave

Sweet! Thanks!!

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Added ya 30FathomDave

You got a hot little mod there buddy. I just love hand made mods.

#80 3 years ago

there is no such thing as a must mod for any game. Most mods look like shit. Only a select few actually are classy enough to actually upgrade the looks of a machine.

#81 3 years ago

I'll take one please Meph

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

there is no such thing as a must mod for any game. Most mods look like shit. Only a select few actually are classy enough to actually upgrade the looks of a machine.

Sub & ColorDMD, but nice try...

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I'll take one please Meph

Added ya to the list.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Weird. You've NEVER mentioned that before.

#85 3 years ago

Please put me on your list,

Thanks

#86 3 years ago

I took a quick break today from printing Terror Dogs to try something else out. I made a PKE Meter to mount somewhere above the PKE ramp. On a pro I think it fits perfectly on the PKE ramp itself and I think it could easily be mounted by drilling a hole through the handle and replacing the screw on the ramp itself.

Unlike the Terror Dogs these print in two pieces, have to be glued together, and detail painted. It took a bit longer to make this one than a batch of dogs. I glued it with E6000 which is very durable but its a soft drying glue and it's not holding it together well. I need to find a better glue. Sometime this week I am going to make a new thread for both mods and will start a list then if people are interested in the PKE mod.
29105660796_a9d5bb70d8_o_(resized).jpg28519922223_c5e3b98d1d_o_(resized).jpg29105670376_dd58b71a0f_o_(resized).jpg28519931913_5387e074ab_o_(resized).jpg

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Sub & ColorDMD, but nice try...

nope. Color DMD isn't that great. I don't look at the display and don't own a color DMD for any of my games and could care less. I pay less for some of my games than the Color display costs. Another game is more fun than a color display.

The Sub and amp...meh. I don't have my games that loud, so don't give a shit there either.

#88 3 years ago

Saw the file on the PKE online too.....so happy you are doing them!

Add me to.

Or Ill sign up,w hen you have a thread and controls in place.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Saw the file on the PKE online too.....so happy you are doing them!
Add me to.
Or Ill sign up, when you have a thread and controls in place.

After I get the dogs shipped and get things sorted out I will figure what I am doing with these. I will also post the STL files for anyone that wishes to print their own. I didn't make either of these, just made some small modifications for my own use. I don't mind printing and painting if people want, which judging by the dogs there are plenty that do. The PKE meter is a little more time consuming but I will figure out a price that makes it worth it for everyone.

On a side note I am trying to get up to speed with 3d modeling because I have some original ideas I want to work on.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I pay less for some of my games than the Color display costs. Another game is more fun than a color display.

Says the guy with room for 29 games.

Quoted from Meph:After I get the dogs shipped and get things sorted out I will figure what I am doing with these. I will also post the STL files for anyone that wishes to print their own. I didn't make either of these, just made some small modifications for my own use. I don't mind printing and painting if people want, which judging by the dogs there are plenty that do. The PKE meter is a little more time consuming but I will figure out a price that makes it worth it for everyone.
On a side note I am trying to get up to speed with 3d modeling because I have some original ideas I want to work on.

Your a good guy Meph.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Says the guy with room for 29 games.

Exactly. That's why I have 29 games. Because I don't piss money away on color displays that hardly get to look at. Color displays are for other people to watch while you play.

9 games in this collection, cost less than a Color DMD.

#92 3 years ago

I really like the colored captive balls green and pink.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Exactly. That's why I have 29 games. Because I don't piss money away on color displays that hardly get to look at. Color displays are for other people to watch while you play.
9 games in this collection, cost less than a Color DMD.

But the point is MOST of us don't have room for 31 games so the few that we have room for ARE bling'd out.

#94 3 years ago

your pin you do what you want with it. enjoy modding it......or not. lets keep it positive around here.

#95 3 years ago

Hinges!
IMG_3669 (resized).JPGIMG_3710 (resized).JPGIMG_3634 (resized).JPG

#96 3 years ago

Got mine yesterday. Ya!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

your pin you do what you want with it. enjoy modding it......or not. lets keep it positive around here.

maybe true, but the title of the thread is "must' have mods. There is no such thing as must have mods. That was my point.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

maybe true, but the title of the thread is "must' have mods. There is no such thing as must have mods. That was my point.

aye aye captain. for me in this thread is the pinball life plastic kit. keeps the ball in the inlanes and outlanes much better imho. i had balls popping all over the place. now for someone to make an airball plastic kit.

#99 3 years ago

This is my first ever Pin and so far I'm almost at 1000 plays. I'm thinking it would be worth putting some Mylar down to protect it. The playfield has held up so far and I think it sounds like people recommend Mylar although I've seen people say that modern sterns don't really need it...? What are the key areas to protect on ghostbusters (Pro). I was planning to do the shooter lane but curious what other areas would benefit? Also are there any drawbacks to Mylar? Any tips or tricks?

Not exactly an exciting mod but sounds like a useful one!

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

There is no such thing as must have mods.

For those that like to mod yes there is....to those that don't like to mod no there isn't.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Olive Branch, MS
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside