• Star Trek Premium 59 votes
    32%
  • The Walking Dead Premium 78 votes
    43%
  • Spider-Man VE (possibility) 46 votes
    25%

(183 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 3 years ago

So for Christmas my wife gave me a card that said its time for the next NIB pin. Here's where I am ....
Star Trek Premium (yes I have found one)
The Walking Dead Premium
Or wait for what sounds to be a very soon Spider-Man VE?
Pressures on !!!!!

#2 3 years ago

Spider-Man all the way

I own Star Trek and SM, do not have a TWD so I cannot speak to it

#3 3 years ago

No bad choice here. Go with personal taste on theme.

#4 3 years ago

I agree with Nevus. Three winners so you cannot make a bad choice. Take a family vote and you be the tie-breaker.

#5 3 years ago

I'd wait to see what GB and SMVE look like.

#6 3 years ago

Don't forget about MET, you can turn family settings on so its a little more PG rated.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'd wait to see what GB and SMVE look like.

Agreed. If SM has comic art and updated code that would be pretty cool. Not sure I would put too much stock into GB but it is a fun theme. The next remake is also getting announced in March but not sure when they will actually ship. Supposed to be ready to go but people are still waiting on MM after preordering years ago.

#8 3 years ago

Wow! Tough decision to be sure. I have SM and ST Pro. Both with shakers. ST Pro has refinery speaker kit and LED back panel with Aurich artwork. I played a Walking Dead LE and loved it. I've had SM for a long time and still gets alot of play. I absolutely love ST. Bought it with Tron and thought I would get tired of it, but 3 months in and I still love the game.

I lean towards Star Trek, but it's still very new to me. Really any one of those games is a win.

Be a hero and have a family vote. I don't think you can go wrong with any game on that list and getting the family excited about the purchase would be fun.

#9 3 years ago

SM would be my first choice, followed my ST. Of course, I don't care for TWD theme, but I also have 3 small children.

#10 3 years ago

Springfield, MO?!

On the subject, they are all great games but I love the theme of TWD and it's a great player. That would be my pick.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

I don't think you can go wrong with any game on that list and getting the family excited about the purchase would be fun.

This. Can't go wrong with any of the choices. And besides....who doesn't want to be a hero. Let them vote.

#12 3 years ago

Do they have a preference on the theme? SM was the obvious fit in our house. The gameplay is pretty spectacular.

#13 3 years ago

This would be the order I would put them in.

1. TWD Premium
2. SMVE

ST not at all, save your money for something good

#14 3 years ago

You can get ST Premium right now and it is a great family pin. (So this would be my choice)
Walking Dead is really not a family pin (for most families)
Spider-Man VE even after it is announced will be awhile before any ship.
So, since you can easily sell the ST Premium later and get Spider-Man. I say play pinball now and get Star Trek.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Walking Dead is really not a family pin (for most families)

Why not?

#16 3 years ago

Wait until March for GB to be announced and go from there.That is unless you gotta' have one now. ST Premium has an amazing light show.

#17 3 years ago

Like I said. Most, not all.
Lots of people have told me they don't want Zobbie art in their house.
If you do, then great.

#18 3 years ago

Wow ..... This is a super tight poll.

#19 3 years ago

You have a great wife!

I haven't played all you have listed, but ST is a lot of fun for all. My whole family likes the game, however it is my newest pin.
TWD just isn't my theme.
JP

#20 3 years ago

- Animations are not really family friendly. Make sure The Wife approves it before buying TWD.
- Star Trek is awesome but not truly complementary to ACDC.
- Spider-Man VE is cool but not available yet... and The Wife may have a different idea on how to use the money by then

WoZ ?

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

You can get ST Premium right now and it is a great family pin. (So this would be my choice)

Where can you get ST Premium now?

#22 3 years ago

Spidey or walking dead get my vote.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

- Star Trek is awesome but not truly complementary to ACDC

This is my concern as well .... We have ACDC Luci (love it) and I'm thinking TWD might be a better complement to that over ST or SM. Still very interesting to see how close the poll has been throughout this process.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from GeneQ:

Where can you get ST Premium now?

Read his first post.
Maybe you can't but he can.

#25 3 years ago

Go with the best and most complete code. They're all great machines.

#26 3 years ago

Well, I guess we will find out if Spider-Man VE is in the mix or not today! The voting has been extremely close still! Thanks for everyone's input!

#27 3 years ago

so if you DONT go with ST-PREM can you tell me where YOU found one? I want it. LOL thanks...

best of luck, I have a TWD-PREM and LOVE LOVE LOVE it...

#28 3 years ago

Well, well, well, Spider-Man VE has arrived and is no longer just a possibility. For the price however; the other two pins seem to have many more features ...

#29 3 years ago

Out of that bunch I would vote SM.

TWD is not super family friendly as it is just too damn hard, that's unless you have more seasoned players.

ST gets boring very quickly IME, it just doesn't have that one more game appeal.

#30 3 years ago

Man ... That Spider-Man art really looks good.

#31 3 years ago

GOT LE ?

#32 3 years ago

Not into the GOT LE ... Really like all 3 of these titles.

#33 3 years ago

TWD for me not the family....... Love to kill me some zombies with a silver ball !!

#34 3 years ago

None of the above.

#35 3 years ago

If it's for you then TWD Prem/LE hands down, as stated above not so family friendly due to difficultly.
If it's for you and the family then GOT LE (why is it not an option?)
SM is a big pass for me, not into VE's.
ST don't have so wont comment (playing on location and have in a home lineup is very different)
Just my 2 cents

#36 3 years ago

For family ST all the way and back again. My dad's favorite games play when he was in town for a week last week were ACDC and ST! My wife and son likes ST the best also. I go back and forth on acdc, ST and IM as my favorite pin.

One of the best all round themes and playability for anyone of any gender or age. Others are great also so it is up to you. Fyi- Your wife is awesome! A keeper!

#37 3 years ago

It would be st prem or SMVE

ST is a fun fast shooter with an awesome light show

Smve I really like the art package. Great shooter with lots nice toys. But lacks the rgb. If stern put rgb into it. Easy choice.

But since they didn't. I would lean slightly to ST

#38 3 years ago

Wow .... 146 polled so far and only a couple votes seperate 2 machines. This has been a great discussion with my family. We're defiantly leaning towards one machine over the other but like I've said we really appreciate all the feedback. When you're spending 6500k+ it's good to hear from others. Thanks again!

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Fyi- Your wife is awesome! A keeper!

Yes, yes she is.

#40 3 years ago

None of the above. TH

#41 3 years ago

For the whole family? Walking dead and game of thrones have been the hottest shows on TV for years now! I would think those to be the best candidates. your kids would be bragging at school guaranteed. That being said dunno if they are kid appropriate content, but I've seen 6yr old boys wearing walking dead t-shirts so lol

#42 3 years ago

First off I hear TRENT has a NIB Tron Pro for $6500 still. So that should be the correct answer if you want the best NIB game available.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Wow ..... This is a super tight poll.

That's what she said.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That's what she said.

Lol

#45 3 years ago

168 votes! Thanks to everyone that has given input -- making the call to a distributor tomorrow morning to purchasing a new pin !! Our family is super excited !!!

#46 3 years ago

What did you decide on? Is it top secret?

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

What did you decide on? Is it top secret?

The Walking Dead Premium!
All 3 are great games but this one is what we are most excited about! Plus, we already have AC/DC Luci and TWD will be more different and the best compliment over the other two styles on play.

#48 3 years ago

Excellent choice! We also decided to buy TWD Premium and will be receiving it tomorrow to go alongside our MET Premium. We also have 7 and 5 year old kids at home, and don't see anything wrong with a zombie theme in the house. It even has the fishtank head topper lol.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Excellent choice! We also decided to buy TWD Premium and will be receiving it tomorrow to go alongside our MET Premium. We also have 7 and 5 year old kids at home, and don't see anything wrong with a zombie theme in the house. It even has the fishtank head topper lol.

Thanks KPG, we're very excited. Fish Tank Topper will be a must to add for sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton , FL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 25.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, MO
$ 199.99
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Port, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside