4 days ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png

#1 4 days ago

I wanted to have a discussion about TV and movies sequels and remakes.

What remakes are good and bad? What do you want to see remade and what should not be touched?

I’ll post later but just wanted to get the ball rolling.

#2 4 days ago

I tried watching the remake of MacGyver but lost interest quickly.

I liked Lethal Weapon but now that they replaced Riggs we stopped recording it. The fella that played his character was the best part of the show.

I was a Dukes of Hazzard and A-Team guy back in the day but I doubt any remake could compare today. I didn't even like it when Coy and Vance stood in for Bo and Luke Duke in the original series.

pasted_image (resized).png
    #3 4 days ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I tried watching the remake of MacGyver but lost interest quickly.
    I liked Lethal Weapon but now that they replaced Riggs we stopped recording it. The fella that played his character was the best part of the show.
    I was a Dukes of Hazzard and A-Team guy back in the day but I doubt any remake could compare today. I didn't even like it when Coy and Vance stood in for Bo and Luke Duke in the original series. [quoted image]

Same here i was enjoying the lethal weapon reboot but i stopped watching after they got rid of Riggs. I would like if they reboot ghost rider with a movie he is one of my favorite marvel characters and the movie with Nicolas Cage was terrible.

#4 3 days ago

I was going to say a few things but not all at once. But I think with all the new content coming out with cable and Netflix etc.. there are some more things to be made for sure. Like Jack Ryan just came out. But I was reading this (old) story about companies bidding for the rites to James Bond. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/apple-amazon-join-race-james-bond-film-rights-1035539 Not so much for feature films but maybe as a cornerstone to a streaming site (like HBO has GOT etc,,). I think a well done James Bond series would be a big draw.

But what I was thinking, how much I love gangster/mob films and TV shows and how Sopranos was such a great show but can't be remade or continied without James Gandolfini. But I would really love an early version of Sopranos with all new actors of course. But say takes place when Tony was a youngster like in his teens/20s and we could see a young Carmella and Artie and Janice and his mom as well as Uncle Jr and his pop and all the other guys Paulie the whole cast some of who were quite powerful but we only got to hear about them or see them in old age. I think this would be dynamite not to mention the whole 70's/80's retro vibe that's so big.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 224.99
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside