Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by 2manypins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230531-121459_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230502-011848_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Does anyone have experience using these silver topper decals in there toppers I'm WWH2O ? Im wondering if it does a good job really showcasing the waterfall.

If anyone has any feedback or thoughts on this it's very much apprecaited!
    Screenshot_20230502-011848_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230502-011848_Chrome (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Where in the topper is that supposed to be installed? If it's supposed to be for the actual waterfall, I kind of think that would ruin the waterfall illusion since there are a lot of very fine details there that make it work.

#3 1 year ago

No idea what the product or question is here. Does your topper incomplete?

#4 1 year ago

The foil is placed on the head between the flashers and the topper to help reflect light to the WH20 decal. Mine had it from the factory. I think FT had it also…

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

The foil is placed on the head between the flashers and the topper to help reflect light to the WH20 decal. Mine had it from the factory. I think FT had it also…

Correct, was just seeing if anyone has used this and if it makes much a difference in the waterfall effect.

#6 1 year ago

I installed reflective tape on our WH20 and it did make a difference. I would apply it again if doing another restoration. IIRC, there is a duct sealing tape available at most hardware stores that is similar and much cheaper.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

I installed reflective tape on our WH20 and it did make a difference. I would apply it again if doing another restoration. IIRC, there is a duct sealing tape available at most hardware stores that is similar and much cheaper.

Thanks for the reply Steve, I haven't seen to many WH20 with the reflection add on so I'm excited to try it myself, the duct tape sealing route seems pretty cool, if you have any pictures that would be awesome.

#8 1 year ago

fish tales has the whole inside top of the dome mirrored and a narrow strip under the lights

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

fish tales has the whole inside top of the dome mirrored and a narrow strip under the lights

That's pretty cool. I found this reflective foil duct tape, laying that down on a base that fits the shape of the floor of the topper I think could give a similar effect.

Screenshot_20230531-121459_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230531-121459_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #10 1 year ago

can someone post a picture of the placement on wh2o?

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

can someone post a picture of the placement on wh2o?

Are you referring to the placement of the reflection material that goes under the topper?

#12 1 year ago

Yeah, right up next to the lamps I’m guessing?

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

Yeah, right up next to the lamps I’m guessing?

Correct, I don't own one but I believe it just lays under the whole topper and light strip. You can do a DIY version with any reflective material. Not many people have one I've seen on here, but those that do say it does create a slight difference in the glimmer of the waterfall.

#14 1 year ago

I have seen foil there but also had one with a mirror in it's place.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

I have seen foil there but also had one with a mirror in it's place.

Notice any better difference in the waterfall effect with foil or shiny material in place?

1 month later
    #16 11 months ago

Mirror looked better IMO.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.