3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

47052752-84E4-4E97-A977-3B4F5CE6D97B (resized).jpeg
18E8EC2A-1512-439C-84BE-60E92549A776 (resized).jpeg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Pro vs Premium - what say you and WHY?

#3 3 years ago

Pro. One of the Pros with the fewest compromises vs. Prem/LE.

#4 3 years ago

Neither - game is just not enjoyable and this coming from someone that LOVES the theme!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Neither - game is just not enjoyable and this coming from someone that LOVES the theme!

Premium...avengers that is that I ordered. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to play Turtles on location like I normally would. It feels like the hype is over with Avengers now shipping.

#6 3 years ago

Premium.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Premium...avengers that is that I ordered. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to play Turtles on location like I normally would. It feels like the hype is over with Avengers now shipping.

On Tilt in West shills has an LE if you want to check it out.

#8 3 years ago

Premium for me, after playing both I like the additional mechs the Premium offers, especially the pulsating Krang toy. However, the Pro doesn't feel stripped down and is definitely a better value.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

On Tilt in West shills has an LE if you want to check it out.

Are the games available to play? I figured they were still on lockdown.

#10 3 years ago

Ha I just bought a pro Guardians cause I just don't like the TMNT gameplay and I'm not a fan of the Avengers theme.

#11 3 years ago

You don't get much added gameplaywise with the premium (Yes, I know there's a diverter), it's mostly just cool toys. If that's worth the extra money to you, go for it! Otherwise, pro all day.

#12 3 years ago

Pro gameplay is similar, diverter on the premium only creates a shot you can grind out.

#13 3 years ago

I bought a premium. Its great. Pro probably would have been fine for this one tho.

#14 3 years ago

Only ever played a pro. Just don’t ever try a premium and pretend there is only option then you are set.

#15 3 years ago

Pro. The premium features don’t help much due to the speed of the game.

#16 3 years ago

You should add a poll

#17 3 years ago

I went Premium because I only have the opportunity to own one pin in my small space and expect to own it for many years to come. That’s how I justified the extra expense for few meaningful extras. If I had multiple machines, I would have chosen Pro for sure.

#18 3 years ago

Pro

#19 3 years ago

Have an LE. Should have got a pro. Oh well. The paint is cool and back glass are cool.

#21 3 years ago

I own a Premium , for the extra 1100ish I spent I would have been fine with the pro version.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

I own a Premium , for the extra 1100ish I spent I would have been fine with the pro version.

1100? How much did you pay because that isn’t the standard difference.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from WGPE:

Have an LE. Should have got a pro. Oh well. The paint is cool and back glass are cool.

I admire your honesty,
I was thinking of ordering a premium at launch and then I realized the pro was only missing a turtle van ball lock, (not extremely noticeable) the diverter, (hard to take hands off of the flippers to slap the lockdown bar just for the diverter feature) and the krang toy which doesn't add any playable enhancements, and can be purchased for $100 or so without the minimal movements. And lastly the spinning pizza disc can spin in both directions on the prem/LE which again is hardly noticeable when playing the game....

I feel like they could have incorporated a sewer ball lock using the Avengers mechs! a spinning & raising sewer disc instead of dr strange sling ring, and just made a four ball under playfield lock to allow all four turtles to pop up out of the sewer at the vuk! Also could have swapped the tower as their training facility.... oh well shoulda coulda woulda!

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I find it fascinating when someone comes into a thread with, “I haven’t played it but I like this other game I haven’t played more”.

He asked for an opinion from people who have played both, you have played neither.

#25 3 years ago

Pro is the way to go.

#26 3 years ago

Own an LE and enjoy it

Actually going to play a Pro in location next week

I haven’t bought a NIB anything since Metallica LE so I wanted it to be special for my boys

But seeing reviews

Other then cosmetics

Only real difference is

Krang / glider / bi directional motor / Van Loading / Extra Balls in the machine / invisible glass

Not upset at all on my purchase and love the playfield and overall art package (which has differed game to game on quality issues “washed out”)

18E8EC2A-1512-439C-84BE-60E92549A776 (resized).jpeg18E8EC2A-1512-439C-84BE-60E92549A776 (resized).jpeg
#27 3 years ago

I've played both and I'd go Pro.

#28 3 years ago

I've also played both and ended up buying the Pro. No regrets.

#29 3 years ago

Dang, I think this thread swayed me on getting a pro instead!

#30 3 years ago

Played both, went with a Pro.

#31 3 years ago

Fitti - Player both and Happy with the pro - saved bucks spent for a AIQ Premium

#32 3 years ago

No regrets on springing for the premium here... although I have also not had any of the problems that others have reported so perhaps I'm once of the lucky ones. Originally the premium did not look good to me but then I figured out it was just the red t-molding that was running it. I switch to green and all good.

TMNT has turned out to be the most fun I've ever had, out of any title I've previously owned. It really does sound like you will be good no matter what model you choose.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I find it fascinating when someone comes into a thread with, “I haven’t played it but I like this other game I haven’t played more”.
He asked for an opinion from people who have played both, you have played neither.

I find it fascinating that you have no reading comprehension abilities whatsoever. He did no such thing. He simply asked “what say you?”

See, we’re kind of in this thing called Covid where many of us want to play it but haven’t been able to play location pinball. Especially us LA guys. So all we have are streams, which I have seen. Did I trash the game at all? Nope. Did I say Abengers was better? Nope. I won’t know until I play both. Just going off what my gut tells me. So lighten up Francis and you can shove your downvotes and your pissy attitude up your coin chute.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I find it fascinating that you have no reading comprehension abilities whatsoever. He did no such thing. He simply asked “what say you?”
See, we’re kind of in this thing called Covid where many of us want to play it but haven’t been able to play location pinball. Especially us LA guys. So all we have are streams, which I have seen. Did I trash the game at all? Nope. Did I say Abengers was better? Nope. I won’t know until I play both. Just going off what my gut tells me. So lighten up Francis and you can shove your downvotes and your pissy attitude up your coin chute.

Well said Bob

#35 3 years ago

Pro, BUT. Unbox at distributor and inspect playfield for bad print quality first!

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

TMNT has turned out to be the most fun I've ever had, out of any title I've previously owned. It really does sound like you will be good no matter what model you choose.

Couldn’t agree more, TMNT is a top tier game and the most fun I’ve had on any game ever. I have an LE, but Pre is basically the same machine.

The extras on the premium are worth it imo. It’s a keeper title for our home and family. Great depth and always a blast to play, as everything just clicks and has that one more game feel.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Did you mean to say you recommend Turtles Premium, but you picked up Avengers instead? Because your comment really comes off as you recommending Avengers over Turtles, which is not the point of the thread.

#38 3 years ago

Recommend the pro. A winner in our house.

Reason: don’t feel the need for a diverter. Buy the mezel mods glider to put on the stopper. You can buy a cool krang toy. Two way disc not necessary, balls go crazy enough as it is. Don’t care about van door opening. 8 ball vs 6 ball multiball.......

Better launch skill shot on pro. Game is fast and fun, no matter which version u go for.

Prefer pro art but that’s subjective.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Did you mean to say you recommend Turtles Premium, but you picked up Avengers instead? Because your comment really comes off as you recommending Avengers over Turtles, which is not the point of the thread.

My comment was in reply to someone else’s comment. But for home use the premium is usually the way to go.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

My comment was in reply to someone else’s comment. But for home use the premium is usually the way to go.

Gotcha! Normally I'd agree on premium, but with this one I decided to get a pro thanks to this thread (ordered yesterday!). Setting that saved money aside for Avengers premium

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Gotcha! Normally I'd agree on premium, but with this one I decided to get a pro thanks to this thread (ordered yesterday!). Setting that saved money aside for Avengers premium

Probably a wise decision. There is something about controlled diverters that just seems like a hassle. On The Shadow, I never liked to have to think about it. Art seems a little better to. Art on pro models is usually better than premium art on most games.

#42 3 years ago

Definitely leaning towards pro ... usually always buy premium but just not seeing that big of difference

#43 3 years ago

It’s a very pretty pro. With the help of some mods it looks packed.

47052752-84E4-4E97-A977-3B4F5CE6D97B (resized).jpeg47052752-84E4-4E97-A977-3B4F5CE6D97B (resized).jpeg
#44 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It’s a very pretty pro. With the help of some mods it looks packed. [quoted image]

good looking machine, you should get the Pin Monk Turtle Select Bracket to finish it off. It's my favorite TMNT mod.

#45 3 years ago

Thanks. Trying to work out if I get his flipper fans too. But he says no overseas shipping.....

#46 3 years ago

TMNT is one of the best Pro’s released in a while. You can’t go wrong either way. Game is difficult but so satisfying when it flows.

#47 3 years ago

Prob one of the easiest pro vs prem Stern has had in awhile.

Pro all day. Not even close. Played both. Again not even close.

Add the nicer krang toy to the pro that Stern tried to copy, game is way too fast for the diverter to actually be useful and don't have to deal with the diverter and van problems to begin with. 6 mb is crazy enough and pizza spinning both ways? Please I won't even comment on that one.

Pro unless you just need everything to be le or prem.

Art is really nice on pro too.

#48 3 years ago

Pro.. problems with my premium.

Truthfully, love the theme, but the game is too frustrating to play.

I would go with a different machine.

1 week later
#49 3 years ago

Going to get a pro myself after reading this thread. Thanks to all who posted and gave honest feedback. Premium definitely does not have that much more than the pro like Black Knight did. Love it has co-op and 2 vs 2. I have competitive kids lol.

#50 3 years ago

Pro

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 22.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-tmnt-pro-vs-premium-what-say-you?hl=robnotto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.