(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcp (resized).JPG
EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpg
F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#547 4 years ago

Ordered.

2 weeks later
#554 4 years ago

Anyone tried to make the fins more aerodynamic to cut down the sound/air flow? I think that would cut down sound significantly

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Once the games are being played, you can't hear the fan.

I feel like i can. Seems like a simple add on could change the profile of the blade and help. Any sound reduction would be good.

2 months later
#575 3 years ago

Two questions:
Are people running these directly off machine power (vs plugging into the outlet in the cab)?

Does anyone have any good video for potc or lotr? I was thinking eye of sauron on black background would be amazing but itā€™s a little beyond my skill set.

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

they run off power pluged directly into the cab Outlet , they use a light sensor as an on off switch.

I know. No was wondering if I can avoid that and wire directly into 12v or something more elegant.

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get something like a $18 meanwell RD35A mini switching power supply and mount it in the cabinet back. It outputs a stable 12v and 5v for pretty much any mod you desire without messing with the power spike uses. Just tap into the 120v where the power comes into the service box, run that to the power supply, and then take all 5v and 12v mod power off that.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/mean-well-usa-inc/RD-35A/1866-3983-ND/7705982

I was wondering about something like that. Does that separate power supply turn on and off with the game then? That would be ideal.

2 weeks later
#586 3 years ago

I would be up for sharing. I have the premium Star Wars package, I believe. Looking for a good lotr and potc. For potc the one in this thread would be amazing. Just donā€™t know how to download and convert

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It just an off the shelf unit available all over the place. You can get one on amazon.ca for as low as $100 cdn. They call them 3D Hologram Advertising, they are just meant for store fronts. The only value he was offering was all the content, it's not hard to make the videos. It looks like support is dead so you better off just to pick one up with a remote and your going to save a lot of money as well.

Actually the light sensing relay is a nice feature he included as well. Anyone have a cheap plug n play version of that?

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That is why I mentioned you can get them with a remote. The whole light sensing thing is just a waste of money, it is so easy to tap power from the pin. It's a lot neater as well, no need for the extra power supply and sensor.

On my lotr I seem to be right at the limit of the power supply. Are you talking about putting an external one in? And does it switch with the pin power?

1 year later
#641 2 years ago

Loud. But pinball turned up hides it pretty well.

I keep meaning to invent a 3d printed add on to thin the leading edge and quiet it down. But Iā€™m too lazy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

ā‚¬ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 19.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this?tu=paynemic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.