(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcp (resized).JPG
EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpg
F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#220 4 years ago

On the first post you said they ship 8/1. How can we order? They aren’t on your website.

2 months later
#470 4 years ago

Received mine too. WOW. Just the factory demo loop is amazing!

#471 4 years ago

Hey guys.
I emailed Dan but thought I would post here to see if one of you could help.
Where are all of the pinball related downloadable videos that are supposed to be included with the fan in the "basic set"?
I only can count 132 generic videos on youtube (animals, race cars, etc.) According to above posts there are supposed to be over 600 videos in the basic set. And according to the lightedpinballmods website there are supposed to be over 300.
What am I missing?
Thanks

EDIT- The problem I was having was with youtube. The link from the website brings me to a very small list of watchable youtube videos. I needed to click the "play all" link which brought me to a MUCH larger list of videos.

#474 4 years ago

So after spending multiple hours tinkering on videos and playing around with this fan I can say this is the coolest gadget I've bought in a very long time. If anyone is on the fence about buying one of these, don't hesitate. It's just awesome. All of the videos online of this in action don't do it justice.
I'm using it as a display piece in my home arcade right now. I've installed multiple videos of arcade games, pinball theme characters, pinball logos, etc..
I'm actually debating on buying another one just for the sole purpose of a Batman 66 topper. The BM66 videos are fantastic!

Nick

#482 4 years ago

Through lots of trial and error I have successfully set up my hologram fan pretty nicely with some great videos. I'm VERY happy with it. I thought I would post a few pointers here to help out others so they may avoid some of my time consuming mistakes.

My tips..
1- use the recommended programs in THIS order. clipgrab (creates mp4s), vsdc editor (edits mp4s), and then 224_3D (converts mp4s to bin files)
2- if you want your videos to show up in a particular order, alphabetize your final bin files but make sure they don't start with any capital letters (the fan loads the files with capital letters FIRST which took me a long time to figure out)
3- 50 bin files MAX! Even though there is PLENTY of space on the sd card, if you try 51 then NONE of them will play on the fan
4- the fan does not require the "app and program" folder on the sd card. You can delete it after you have copied it to your PC. All you need are the bin files on the sd card

Hopefully this will help out some of you.

Nick

#496 4 years ago

I emailed Dan but will also post here.

The image is shifted clockwise on my fan. It has been from day one. Is there a way to adjust it? It needs to be turned counter clockwise so that it's level. Don't know if that's possible.

4 months later
#545 4 years ago

Doug.
If you want your videos to show up in a particular order, alphabetize your final bin files but make sure they don't start with any capital letters (the fan loads the files with capital letters FIRST which took me a long time to figure out)
Nick

2 weeks later
#559 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBertl:

Any chance for a BBB file??

You could easily create your own from this YT video of the color dmd.

1 month later
#566 4 years ago
Quoted from Clint12:

Terrible customer service I installed mine and asked for ghostbusters stuff installed when it came and he didn’t so it’s stuck with a I phone and Chinese shut on it

Here's the YouTube channel. There are a bunch of GB vids available.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQJPu96OTXwHeANvxo0KOBw

You could make all of the GB vids play in a loop and remove all of the other ones already on the topper.

My advice..
1- use the recommended programs in THIS order. clipgrab (creates mp4s), vsdc editor (edits mp4s), and then 224_3D (converts mp4s to bin files)
2- if you want your videos to show up in a particular order, alphabetize your final bin files but make sure they don't start with any capital letters (the fan loads the files with capital letters FIRST which took me a long time to figure out)
3- 50 bin files MAX! Even though there is PLENTY of space on the sd card, if you try 51 then NONE of them will play on the fan
4- the fan does not require the "app and program" folder on the sd card. You can delete it after you have copied it to your PC. All you need are the bin files on the sd card

Hopefully this will help out some of you.
Nick

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

It would seem that the op has abandoned this product.

I wouldn't say that. He uploaded a lot of new video content just 2 months ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

16,500 (Firm)
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imagamejunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this?tu=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.