(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcp (resized).JPG
EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpg
F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 4 years ago

It kills me that I have been trying to resolve an issue with you guys for weeks now on receiving some wrong parts in which none of my emails through your site or paypal have been responded to and only 1 PM here has been responded to and yet, you have time to post multiple posts here about a new product.

While it is great that you guys are developing new stuff, please take the time to support the other things you already sell. I am stuck with a machine in parts because you sent me the wrong kit, and no way to resolve the issue because you guys do not respond to any emails.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

While not disputing your experience, I received a damaged lighted speaker panel, and they were very prompt in responding and making things right. I trust that his comment about having health issues is genuine, but i’m Sure some improvements can be made in accounting for issues when they arise.
I would suggest if you want to address concerns about other topics than what the thread is intended for, then you create a new one focused on your issues.

And while I appreciate your suggestion, the problem was that I could not get anyone to respond through any other channels. This thread that they started had current activity from them and was the best way to get some help from them. Guess what? It worked and I am now in direct contact with him. So thanks, but we are back on track now. A new thread probably would not have been seen by them and my intent was not to bash or smear which a new thread would have that effect. This was my best bet in getting it touch and now I am.

Back to the main topic...

#163 4 years ago

Dan, here is a question.. If someone wanted to buy one as "room art" in their game room, is there a way to get a custom SD card which could in theory, have all of the videos for a person's game collection on it? I think it would be cool for example, if I had a card that had mixed videos of Judge Dredd, Scared Stiff, and WOZ graphics in it. Maybe not all in a row either. Maybe where it could play a JD video, followed by a SS video, followed by a WOZ, and then back to the start with different videos for each (since you mentioned that there are various videos for each machine).

This way, if you sell one as room art, it can be customized to the customer's collection? Maybe a set price for the unit itself and then a separate cost for the SD card where a single game can be one price, but a custom card can maybe be a little more with a small upcharge for each game added?

Just a thought. I have toppers on all 3 of my games already so I would be out of the market as a topper. But for game room art, I would be all in if I could get one unit with all of my games on it intermixed!

#175 4 years ago

Dan, I like your idea of being able to load the card with whatever you want making this the perfect item for a game room if not wanted as a topper. That being said, will purchasing it as a "game room item" be an option? Meaning that you can pretty much sell it to us with a wall plug and not need to do any of the relay modifications to it that you are doing for topper use. I am assuming that these initially come as a plug in item and then you are modifying them to work as a topper. Rather than the purchaser have to switch it all back, maybe you can sell them directly for wall plug use as well? Seems like that option would save both you and the customer some work if that is what they intend to use it for.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Aren't these already available on ebay and amazon with the wall mount and direct plug? All you would need is video content?

I am sure you could probably get the same one that they will be selling from another source somewhere, but then you will not have access to the video files. So I would rather buy it from them so I can have access to the related video files. If that costs me $20 more than I can find it elsewhere without the videos, so be it. They went through the trouble of making and compiling the videos, so I do not have a problem with a little markup for that.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

20$ more, The math on this is off a little

It was a guesstimate... Where is the math? He said he will be selling the game room version for $199 if I remember correctly. Do you have a price for the actual model that he is selling from another source? Again.. the point was that it is worth it to pay more for the video data, so I would rather buy it from them with an upcharge which entitles me to use their video. I really have no idea what the additional cost is so I threw $20 in there as a placeholder. If you want to actually break it down, go for it. But I think you are missing the point here...

And looking back a few, here is what OP posted:

Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

These are the ones on Amazon that sell for between $179 and $250.

So low end on that +20 is $199. Guess I wasn't too far off without knowing exactly what model these are being made with. You must have way more info than the rest of us here. Is the plan to buy the hardware elsewhere for cheaper and then copy (steal) the videos from someone else without compensating the creator? Just curious, but that is what seems to be implied here by some. I guess you could buy cheaper hardware and then make your own videos, which would be just copying the idea the OP had, but in effect, stealing nothing. To each their own I guess. I am willing to pay the OP for their idea and videos.

3 weeks later
#254 4 years ago

I would like to be on the list for a wall mount as well please

2 weeks later
#282 4 years ago

My plan is to get a wall mount but want to make sure there are videos for my collection as well? WOZ should be a no brainer as should a collection of Elvira videos with the 3rd game coming out this October.

But how about some Judge Dredd videos? And please avoid the God-awful Stallone movie. The Carl Urban movie Dredd from 2012 is the only way to go...

3 weeks later
#384 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Payed for my wall mount version yesterday.

Ditto

4 months later
#537 4 years ago

I bought their wall mount version and still have not opened it. Not sure I will use it now do to changes in plans for the room it was going in. Just a other unopened box in the garage now. Lol. Not sure what I will do with it.

4 months later
#583 3 years ago

I am in the exact same boat. I ordered when these went on sale but it still sits in my garage unopened. I may get around to actually setting it up someday, but not anytime soon. I would be up for collecting some videos though. I believe I have the link to the videos for the game I requested at the time, and last I checked, they were still there online (YouTube I believe), but I have not checked recently. I suppose I should download them before they come down (if they haven't already).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this?tu=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.