(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcp (resized).JPG
EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpg
F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Litedpinballmods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Imagine if someone was color blind and could only see black and white their entire life, then try to explain color to them. That comparison is how these videos are to the real thing!!

Oh My God!! Is the reaction we get from EVERYONE that sees these!!

We wanted to get into the topper market, so we figured we needed to do the best! So, we made a hologram topper!

This topper looks 10 times better in real life then it does in these videos. We have been working on this a long time, and we will have some demos at Pintastic.

These videos were done in very bright lighting, as a matter of fact, we put a spot light on them so you could see the back ground, in any lighting these are very vibrant.

The topper is designed to work in a room with an 8 foot or taller ceiling. It comes with two sized stands, one to use the full space above a Stern or Bally game height. Another stand that drops the hologram 2 inches below the top of the game, for taller games such as Gottlieb or Sega. This topper is designed to work with all games, even EM’s.

The price for this topper is $249.99. When you purchase the topper you will get access to our video library of about 300 videos that you can load on your topper. They should be ready to ship on 8-1-2019.

For most games we will have a few videos, some games like Star Wars we will have more. You can put one video on your topper, and the video will repeat. If you want to put more videos on your topper at the same time you can do that. Some of our videos are generic, such as flames, most are game specific. Many videos can be used on a few games, such as the Tesla coils list here as Monster Mash, that video will also work well for Metallica and Frankenstein.

Or you can put a few videos together to make a story, such as the Attack from Mars video below, then the meteor shower video, then one of our fire videos.

You can change videos at any time, just go to our website, use your password and download a new video from our entire library. So, this one topper can be used on all of your games.

We will also include a wall mount, so if you want to out a selection of your game and use it as a decoration.

Life span is 50,000 hours. It makes about the same amount of sound as a fan. It does not have sound, just video. Viewing angle is 150 degrees.

I guarantee this will be a jaw dropper at Pintastic.

As a side note, I will have a limited selection of PDI glass at Pintasic for $300 a sheet, cash.

If you want to look at just one video, check out Guns N Roses or Lord of the Rings.

We plan on having something for most of the top 100 games except for games that come with an original topper, such as FishTales or The Addams Family

AC DC

Attack From Mars

Batman 66

Checked Flag

Deadpool Disco Ball

Dragon

Funhouse Balloons

Ghostbusters – slimmer

Guardians of the Galaxy

Guns N Roses

Ironman Helmet

Jurassic Park

Lord of the Rings

Metallica Title

Meteor shower

Monster Bash

Pirates of the Caribbean

Spiderman

Stargate

Terminator

The Simpsons Lisa

Twilight Zone

Theatre of Magic

Toy Story Woody

Tron Flynns

Tron

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I’d love to see photos of the stand and mounting.
Also, would buyers be able to use animations of their own?

The videos have the prototype stand, the production stand will be a little cleaner, and use velcro to mount to the top of the game to keep it from moving. The topper would not move on it's own, but anything on top of the back box need to be secured because of the game moving. Yes, we will include software that would allow you to put your on graphics on the topper.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

How about one for Iron Maiden LE? If you use Eddie in a fighter plane, could be very cool.

We hope to have 6 or more videos for Iron Maiden when we start selling. We have a few different ways to produce videos. That video has been suggest and has been reviewed, but I don't see that happening for a few months if we do that. But, we will have a video of Eddie the pilot, working on that now. Here is the base we are working from.

eddie pilot (resized).jpgeddie pilot (resized).jpg
#15 4 years ago

I am sorry for any issues. I did get pretty sick, and did get pneumonia, and was out for a few months. I did have some issues with my gal that was doing emails, and some things did get lost in the translation. We have done many metal Stern panels. I will send you my personal email, please forward your emails to me, and I will take care of them. Nearly everything on this mod is factory made.

#17 4 years ago

A question came up about what I meant by a spot light. Those videos were recorded in a very bright light. The reason I did that was so you could see the wall behind the hologram. This hologram system uses 224 LED's and is vary bright in any environment. If I record in an average lit room, because of the LED,s it closes the iris and makes everything behind the hologram very dark, it makes it just look like a video on a monitor. Here are some examples.

All videos were done with the game on.

These videos will demonstrate the colors better.

Ghostbusters

Lord of the Rings

Pirates

Tron - Flynns

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I love my toppers but that cord would drive me nuts. Anyway to hide that up the back of the stand?

I completely understand, yes it can be cleaned up a lot. When we were taking the pictures we messed a lot with lighting and camera settings, that we did not notice the cord. The cord has one of those magnets on it, that is the little bigger box, that could be put behind the main center black unit. The stand is clear, thick plexiglas so you get the most effect of the hologram, I would run the power cord down the edge of the plexiglas and secure with clear scotch tape.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's like the Jaws hologram from bttf part 2
I like it but would like to cover up the cords as much as possible

Not quite, LOL

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Any plans for a custom video for The Getaway? Maybe something modelled after the backglass with 504 police car and helicopters chasing a period Lambo Diablo?
Also, would love to see a T-Rex scene that can be incorporated with Jurassic Park.

Getaway is a bit of an issue that we have not addressed yet. In saying that, we do have a red Lamborghini video that I am not happy with yet. I think we have a helicopter video that is not done yet. We are working on a new system on the videos, and if it works well, we would be a 504 police car, after we resole our issue.

Our issue, the bottom of the stand is 3 /12" deep by 12" inches, 3 inch wide 1/4" clear plexiglass is the support column, which is mounted to the back center on the bottom plate. We have not tried the fitting it on that game, but we think the siren will interfere with the stand and column.

That game may be a bit on the back burner.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I've seen similar hologram fans in action and they look cool. It would be even cooler if the images displayed would interact with gameplay, like change when starting a certain mode. I know that may be difficult to achieve for existing games. Wonder how long it will take for a pinball manufacturer to actually integrate such toppers with the game and get the most out of it.

Their are a bit of challenges with that. A memory card can hold 50 videos, so that is not the problem. If you put one video in the memory, that video will repeat.

We wanted to make the fit of this mod as universal as possible, so we are using our photosensor relay that we invented and introduced about a year and a half ago, you see it a bit about 60 seconds into this 90 second video:

You can see when I move my hand over the photosensor and block the light the hinges turn off. When you put this relay in your back box, when you turn on your game it senses light and send power through. This sensor can also be put next to an individual light on the playfield and the hologram could be turned on and off with any light on the play field. (As a side note, I loaned my Guardians of the Galaxy game to Rock Custom Pinball at last years Pintastic which had that mod. 5 months later he then started selling a copy of our relay, yes, he stole it, and I don't have an issue saying it, since I started showing off and shipping the relay 8 months before he did his)

So with that relay you could make the fan interactive with one video, but another issue is it take the hologram about a second to start, and during that time the picture is jumpy, so the makers put an advertisement of their product in the first second. So every time that light turned on, you see a one second advertisement. That is either in the hardware or firmware, but their is no way we can get to it.

To do multiple interactive videos, would be very, very, very hard need specialized hardware and software, very expensive to design.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Will it be possible for users to develop their own videos?

Yes, we will supply the required software to convert the file to the format the hologram understands. Any custom software, I would love if it was shared me to post. I would give credit to any designer, name and link, but no money.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Like to see Ghost Busters over an original topper !

You would need a 9 foot ceiling for that. But would work.

#46 4 years ago

I will post a couple of videos today of the wire better hidden.

#52 4 years ago

When I said I used a spot to take these videos, these are pictures of how bright the room was when I took pictures.

Here are also a few videos with the power cord taped down.

If you want to hide the power better, wrap the power cord with masking tape, and paint the tape the color of the wall behind it. The cord would be nearly invisible.

Also on the Aladdin flying carpet video, I started the shot with all lights on, then turned all lights off, then turned the lights back on to best demonstrate how well it will look it different lighting environments.

Scared Stiff

Aladdin flying carpet with different lighting

Ironman hologram and motorcycle

0616191043 (resized).jpg0616191043 (resized).jpg0616191043_HDR (resized).jpg0616191043_HDR (resized).jpg
#53 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I was tempted to buy one of these to put above my Star Wars vid. I looked for a video on YouTube that would be suitable for loading onto the device but I couldn’t find one. I really wanted a 3D rotating Death Star.
If you can design a sweet 3D Star Wars library I would pay the premium to support your version of this product.
How about the animation sequence from ANH?

We have a rotating Death Star, that was one of the first ones we did. We have about 8 Star Wars videos.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Really cool!!!
I have got to get that meteor shower! When do you think it might be available!!??

Meteor shower looks good. Be about 6 weeks.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Correct these are not hologram or 3d

Yes, and no.

Much 3D on the market tricks the mind. Example would be a 3D movie with wearing 3D glasses, that is not true 3D, but it tricks the mind into looking 3D.

Another example would be those 3D baseball cards that when you tilt, they look 3D. Just like the new translights on White Water and other games. You could argue those are true 3D because they are on different levels, but because of other manufacturing it also tricks the mind to look more 3D then they are.

On this, because the image is at one level, and you can see through the surface the image is at to the surface behind, it tricks your mind into think it is 3D, because you do have different surfaces. Then as an images moves, get smaller and larger, and different angles, it further tricks your mind into thinking it is 3D. Some videos are better then others, but many do appear to be true 3D. One comment we hear again and again is I want to touch it. People want to touch it, because their mind knows something is not right, just like people often want to try to touch things on a 3D movie.

Also this product is listed and it is accepted in the market as a hologram producing product.

Does this use laser to intersect as multiple thousand dollar hologram generators do? No.

This product WILL NOT give you a 3D experience equal to movie with glasses, but it will give you a much higher 3D experience then a monitor because of the different levels and design.

One thing I can tell you, watching a video of this product is NOTHING like watching this product, their is a HUGE difference.

So I guess part of your answer would depend on your definition. Is virtual reality true reality? No, but it sure can be cool to look at.

Best thing is to view yourself and make the determination for yourself.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Do these fans blow air towards you or are the blades flat?

No air movement, the blades are flat. Also because of that, they do not try to move off the back box, but because of players shacking a game, these MUST be secured with supplied Velcro.

The LED's are built into the blades.

Many people in pinball are around 50, so they will be able to relate to this. Today's TV's give such good pictures, but if you think about a TV 35 years ago, you could see the lines. This product has an effect like that old TV. Because the LED's are side by side, their are slight lines, but no one ever mentions that, because the experience is so cool.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Doesnt sound like great customer service.

We do have 5 people here, and I don't do emails personally. Yes, it does sound like an some issues here, and I will follow up. I gave both of those people my personal email to resolve those issues personally, and I will be following up with my people in different departments.

I will say this, we do have thousands of happy customers, and it is my goal to make sure these few are happy.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, because it needs clearance for the fan blades (see picture below of one type of these displays when it's not spinning). You can kind of see the outline of the circle it makes in the videos, so no, it can't really go much lower. You COULD use one with a 90 degree mount that makes the fan vertical and the mount horizontal so it went on the top of the head and just slide it forward so it overlapped the front of the head, but then you'd have the black tower the fan connects to sticking up. The best solution is probably just to paint the base and power cord the same color as the wall it's mounted to.
[quoted image]

The fan sticks out 4 inches, our bases is 3 1/2". On our standard mount the height of the fan is about 1/2" above the stand. This is the mount we would recommend for most applications. The shorter mount that we have the fan blade goes down below the mount a little over an inch. When using this mount the base MUST line up with the top end of your back box, because the fan blade will go below your stand. This size mount was designed so the fan will fit on the taller games such as Sega.

Part of the experience is most walls are painted in just one color so it is easy to see the image moving. If the fan dropped in front of the graphics of the translight, you would loose some of the effect.

The later few picks have the power cord secured, and it is much cleaner. If you put some masking tape around the cord and paint it the color of your wall, the cord will be nearly invisible.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just returned from Infocomm this past week, alot of advances in this area.....some of the stuff looked really good. I liked the models that were encased in plastic, so zero noise. Depending on the company they can be cheap or super expensive. Told one of the manufacturer's "don't know how I'd use this in my work, but would look great in my gameroom".
Fun toys....they were everywhere....

Thank you for the comments.

The fan does have some some noise, about that of a table fan.

Their is a huge gap on price point on these, you can get into thousands of dollars on these pretty quick. Our is the base model to keep the price down.

On larger displays of these they offset the fans about an inch and stack them. An example would be having the Death Star on the top left of the game. On the top right about an inch back you could have on displaying tie fighters flying towards the Death Star. They make huge displays of these stacked like that.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Awesome idea.
Are there any licencing issues for you to overcome?

Yes, won't be doing any of Rick's graphics, which will limit some of the things we can do on some titles, such as Theatre of Magic, Black Knight and so on. We just won't use his exact graphics, we are working on a tiger with a saw.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Very cool. My only issue with it is that I imagine it’s a bit of an eye sore when not on.

Not that bad. It only has 2 blades and those are about a inch wide. The center hub is about 4" in diameter. The stand being plexiglass is normally not to visible.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2323847.m570.l1312.R1.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xphoto.TRS2&_nkw=photosensitive+relay&_sacat=0
Looks like your invention really took off. They are all over ebay with multiple sellers and manufacturers. I'm pretty sure they have been readily available for several years. I bought a couple of them myself from ebay about a year ago. They are relays made specifically to switch on and off when they sense different levels of light....I don't really understand what you added to that to justify you calling them your invention.
The toppers look nice. I have seen the 3D hologram fans pop up on my Facebook feed recently and they look cool, but I have never seen one in person. I can imagine a row of games with them all having them installed would look very futuristic.
Good luck with their sales and I hope to see one in person soon, as I'm sure they would look even more impressive in person than they do on a video.

Doug, thank you on the comment on this item.

I am surprised about your comment on my photosensor relay, let me explain.

You make speaker lights, right? Well, the LED strips were around before your speaker lights, remote controlled LED's were around before speaker lights, LED mounts were around before your speaker lights, 12 volt power supply's were around before your speaker lights. So what makes your speaker lights so special? It is that configured and adapted it for pinball use. I don't diminish your product even though that technology was out before your product, you have a great product.

The technology for my relay was out before I made it, but I configure it and adapted it to work on pinball. I changed the electrical flow chart, if you look at all of your relays, you had to use an out side wire to jump the power path, I made the wire long enough to give the flexibility to mount easaly, I made the pedometer sensitive enough so you can put the photosensor close enough to a single play field LED and it would turn on and off an item, I changed it from a mechanical relay to a solid state relay to cut down on noise and current use, I put a standard 12V plug on it so it could hook up easily.

I made many changed to existing products to make it work in the pinball industry, that is what is different on my relay, and my hologram fan, and my plasma pop bumpers, my photo sensor relay, and my pinspot graphics and my lighted magnetic hinge covers. All of those individual products were out before, I just adapted them and made those technologies work for pinball. Just exactly like you did for your speaker light kits.

Again, I am not knocking you product, I think it is great. Please don't knock my product because I made many changes for them to work on pinball.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

A row of games with these on them will be very loud these are like 60 decibels each. People had issues with stern spike system tiny power supply fans noise. These are alot louder then those.

Thank you for the comment. Because of your comment we put a decibel meter on the fan, and it come out about 37.5 which is the same as a whisper. We will have a video posted later today to demonstrate. If someone would have asked, I would have done the test and posted, now a bunch of people are thinking it is 60 decibels and their is now even a post comparing to a vacuum.

It has about the sound level of a desk fan. Why does it have about the sound level of a desk fan? BECAUSE IT IS A BASICALLY A DESK FAN!! Think about it, use common sense.

If you want to get the real scoop, hopefully people that see our demo at Pintasic will post on here. Pintasic is a very lit location, and these will be in higher light then there then nearly any one will have these at there home.

It is now getting to the point that I have to defend our product on this thread about information that is not correct. This is getting frustrating and time consuming, this is why many people don't like to come to Pinside.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Dan is it possible to put a black plastic backdrop on your mod so that it makes the image stand out. Does this suggestion make sense?

Thanks Paul for a practical question, you always have positive and quality comments. I don't think that would be necessary. It is very bright, we did most of our tests on this in our shop, which has 6 of the 4 foot fluorescent lights, and the image still looked ineradicable and very bright. I would compare the brightness to a standard television, good chance it is slightly brighter. It is small LED's so it is pretty bright.

Pintastic is going to be a great test for these, because the vendor hall is very bright.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

It’s cool...these have come a long way and I can see it as a gameroom decoration. Traditionally I guess a topper kind of completes/compliments the total art package.....now days it seems like people just stick on anything and call it a topper. I think the key to these would be to making them interactive to run specific animations at certain points of gameplay. A constant looping animation may get old and be distracting while playing.
This definitely would be BETTER than the FUGLY Stern topper on GB.
Can’t wait to see how these look in person.

Thank you for the quality comment. We have done many tests on this, and have not hit the limit on time. The memory card can hold 50 files, and we have had 10 minutes of video. I think you could go longer on time with a larger card (we are using 16 G) but we have not tested that.

In our library we are going to include lengths of black, so if you want to space out different videos so they are not all back to back we will do that. Example would be the posted slimmer video is about 30 seconds, you could put that then a 20 second black space then our ecto 1 video, then a black space, then the ghost busters logo, then the black space, then the ghost busters title, then a black space then repeat.

We are making multiple videos for most game so you can stack them or just pick you favorite.

Of course we are making the videos to be the theme of the game.

Dracula is another game we are having difficulty doing videos for. One video we have that runs about a minute is a moon with cloud cover going across it. It is a very nice video, and being that long it is not very repetitive.

We plan on making a lot of videos, and it sounds like some other people may want to also, so the library may be pretty huge by the end of the year. Once you start playing with this, a lot of options come up.

A couple of thoughts about the looping video is one, you won't really be watching it when you are playing, play all toppers (in my opinion) are their to custom and enhance the look of your game, two I guarantee a looped video won't be as boring as a topper on your game that just sits their.

Plus if you get tired of it on one game, get a new video and move it to another game.

I will promise you this, you have this on your game, and you bring your buddies over, it is the first thing they will notice and they will be amazed!!

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When you see these in person... you don't need it to make the image stand out. They are very bright. They work fine even in daylight lit spaces. You actually want to minimize the amount of structure or other stuff around it as it helps sell the idea that the thing is 'floating'.

Thank you for your positive and informative post. You are spot on.

I think a lot of quality feedback will come from Pinfest, you really have to see it to understand it.

#111 4 years ago

I really want to thank the few guys that have posted that have personally seen this technology, it is very amazing.

Remember, this was the first sentence on the first post of this tread:

Imagine if someone was color blind and could only see black and white their entire life, then try to explain color to them. That comparison is how these videos are to the real thing!!

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

BKSoR needs a good topper. Stern version will be about $500 but having a moving knight helmet for half the cost would be great. It would be 3d and BLACK and swivel back and forth with glowing yellow eye slits.

If someone here want to make me a good one, I will pay them. The ability to make a good one for that game is beyond what I am able to do. The knight needs to be close to the one in the game, but not exact, don't want Rick issues. If someone is interested in making it, please PM me.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Franking1302:

Super cool stuff, looks amazing. Please make one for a Alien, that’s amazing. Do you ship to Europe?
Best regarts
Frank

Yes to shipping to Europe.

I thought all aliens had the yellow siren light on the top of the game? I may be able to make one, but it I don't think it will mount properly with a siren light on top.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Geez people, take all of your negativity somewhere else. I don't know if you are jealous you didn't come up with the idea or just bitter negative people. We all know these devices exist and have existed for sometime outside of the pinball world. If you're so smart now, then why didn't you develop a pinball friendly version and profit from it? What LPM is doing is taking the technology and adapting it to a topper. They are not only providing the device, but they are also designing and providing a stand for it, designing a way to integrate it with various pins, and developing and providing a multitude of videos for various pins. All of this stuff takes time, effort, and money to develop - and at $250 that is only $100-$150 on top of the cost of the device for all those things.
Start your own thread to complain, tell people how they can make their own, or why the idea sucks as a topper. In the meantime, the rest of us will appreciate something new and creative that has been added to the pinball world, and are curious in exploring the possibilities.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

People don't realize how unmotivating many of these comments are. I was very close to not wanting to make any more comments on this thread. For hours I have had to defend things when I should be working on this product for everyone.

THANK YOU very much for saying what you did.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2323847.m570.l1312.R1.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xphoto.TRS2&_nkw=photosensitive+relay&_sacat=0
Looks like your invention really took off. They are all over ebay with multiple sellers and manufacturers. I'm pretty sure they have been readily available for several years. I bought a couple of them myself from ebay about a year ago. They are relays made specifically to switch on and off when they sense different levels of light....I don't really understand what you added to that to justify you calling them your invention.
The toppers look nice. I have seen the 3D hologram fans pop up on my Facebook feed recently and they look cool, but I have never seen one in person. I can imagine a row of games with them all having them installed would look very futuristic.
Good luck with their sales and I hope to see one in person soon, as I'm sure they would look even more impressive in person than they do on a video.

Also Doug, I know you fiercely protect your product, which I agree with, because it is your child, and it is a great product When I came out with my phtotsensor relay you were impressed with it and you gave me many positive comments. You also know we talked about it many months before Rock Custom Pinball stole my design. You get very upset when people take your idea and make a version of it. Well, I have had so many ideas stolen from me, I decide I am going to call out those that steal my ideas. Do you now support people in the pinball world that steal others people hard work and design innovations?

If calling out people that steal your ideas is wrong, I am sorry, but that is now I feel.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My earlier questions - what file formats can the animations be provided in, what resolution works best and what is max file size? Those parameters explain the limits and maybe the best path forward to supplying the input.

The file format that the fan supports is a bin file. The software that comes with the fan will take a standard video format and convert it to the required format and size, so any standard video format would work.

To make the video's I have to use 4 different programs to do the manipulation I need, but in any format I think I can make it work. As for definition, it does not need to be that high, because I think the software reduces the resolution to work on the fan.

The images look the best with a black background, that gives you the see through effect and gives it the floating appearance. For this reason anything that is black is a bit harder to do. The night has a lot of gold on it which is good, is some of the black was slightly reflective that would be good. You can have black on your image, but you can't have a bunch, and it does not look good if black is on the edges. If the knight was outlined in a red glow, that would take care of a lot of issues. The glow would need to be small, just around the edges.

If someone wants to make on, I will pay, I am not sure I put that in my past offer.

For example many movie clips look very bad on this, because they are to highly detailed.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I think the artwork has value but the tech has been out for a while and is pretty simple. Most of the ones available are pretty low end novelty items out of China. I can see these breaking down pretty quickly for people that have there pins on daily. I think you would need to redesign the friction points and electrical contacts to get any kind of longevity out of these. Everyone in pinball has a pretty good grasp on how things with moving parts break down. As a cool thing to turn on when your friends are over or during a tournament these would be fun, but I dunno about long term use as topper.

I understand, that is what many people said about or plasma pop bumpers, and the originals we put on our games 3 years ago still work fine. As a matter of fact we have hauled them over 30,000 miles to different shows. Also, CGC was so happy with the plasma performance that they put thin in their LE monster bash.

I cannot say if your information is correct on way or another, but most of these are made for commercial use, because they do have very limited consumer use. A topper I think is a perfect use.

Do you have documentation?

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's not a fan... it's a spinning light bar.
Fans move air by directing it with a curved blade. These don't have curved blades.

FLYNNIBUS thank you very much on your support and bring your experience and view point to the discussion. It sounds like you have some practical experience your are sharing with the group.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks Dan, I was just thinking that it would hide the motor also. Put me down for one also, I REALLY like the Slimer one.

Thanks Paul. The image is so hypnotic and memorizing that you hardly notice the motor. One video we did was the introduction to the Munsters show in color. I find that videos that take up the entire screen the motor is more visible. I am not sure how to explain it, because you cannot see the motor in those videos, but that 4 inch round area looks a bit different, kind of shinny. On the Twilight Zone intro you don't have that effect, because the Twilight Zone intro has a lot of black and in some area it has stars. We have stars on another video, and stars are really cool, because they are little spots on lights that just hang in the air.

After I get caught up on this project, and taking care of a few other things, I may have to paint the motor housing the color of my wall.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm having a hard time understanding how descriptives that I used like "look nice" look cool" "look very futuristic" and ending with "I'm sure they would look even more impressive in person" can be considered a knock on your product???

Thanks Doug for the positive comments. Doug, I was sorry if misinterpreted your comments , I felt your comment on the originality of my relay was sarcastic and slightly condescending, but that was my mistake and I apologize.

My main way of thinking is those of use that adapt current technology to adapt them to the pinball work to make the pinball experience more enjoyable should stick together against those that would steal our original ideas to try to make them their own.

That is why I posted the you tube video of our Lighted Magnetic Hinge Cover to demonstrate my product was out for many months before Chris Rock stole my concept to try to make it his.

Because the relay is in this product, I don't want people to think I was stealing Rock idea, when it was he that stole my idea.

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I agree completely with D-Gottlieb on this one. Part of the beauty of a topper for me is the sculpted/physical nature of it and the visual enhancement of the overall machine even when not turned on. I have an AFMrLE & TAF, and Tilttopper's works of art on AC/DC and T2, for reference.
I was an early adopter on the lighted speaker panels, and while service was a little rough at first, you guys eventually went above and beyond, and I've been very happy with you guys since. I own multiple panels and multiple hinge kits. I love the innovative products you've brought to our hobby! Even though this latest one isn't my thing, I applaud your efforts.

Thank you for your comment.

I do understand that thought, and it can be a valid concern, here is a picture of it off with the power cord tapped to the side of the stand.

Also, I want to thank you for being an early adopter and going through many or our growing pains.

People do adapt products so they can fit better. Mustangpaul suggest putting black behind to better improve the performance and hide the motor. Because of his suggestion, it did make me think you could paint the motor housing to match your back wall. I am not saying that is going to work, but as good quality suggestions and more people use them, ways to overcome this or other concerns may be overcome. you cannot paint the long bar because it does house the LED's

We learned on many our products, the least amount of custom work the better. On this product we are trying to make as much of this factory built as possible to limit growing pains. Also, we figured making a library means more choices for everyone and we can better custom your product. Also that means if a new pinball machine comes out, you just need the new software, and you could put your old mod on a new game.

fan off (resized).jpgfan off (resized).jpg
#138 4 years ago
Quoted from EdHess:

Dan,
I mistakenly dropped one of my plasma bumpers onto a concrete floor. Ordered a replacement last night. Now I dont know if the cracked one will still work, but I was thinking I can put it behind my Xenon topper. Then I see this new product. So picture this.
I put this new product behind the Xenon topper. And I run the monster bash video through it since it has the plasma lines kinda thing in the video.
This should make the topper tie into the game with the mods I will done perfectly!
What do you think?

Thank you for your support.

If it is cracked it probably won't work. I compare a plasma to a neon light. Neon lights are a gas enclosed in glass tubes, and they can run for a heck of a long time as long as the glass is not broken, same thing with the plasma.

The idea of using this with another topper has come up a few times, and as long as you have the clearance for the fan, yes that should work. If you put any kind of light behind the fan, you can see that light, and you will still be able to see the fan.

Using the Monster Bash video on Xenon is a great idea!! I even have a Xenon here and did not think of that. And yes this mod will work with Xenon.

Again, thanks for your idea and support.

Dan

#140 4 years ago

Had some questions about the sound level. I put a decibel meter on my phone, my phone is about a year old.

I start the video with the topper on, and it comes in around 37 decibels, which the program classifieds as a whisper. I would say this is loader then a whisper. I will talk some and the meter jumps in the 60 decibel range, which is the proper range for a conversation. I stop talking and it drops back down to the 37 range.

I would say it is nosier then a whisper not as load as a conversation.

When I was walking through my house, my AC was on, and it was close to that level.

#141 4 years ago

Dougfreeze, no problem, be happy.

Thank you for the positive comments.

#146 4 years ago

Never did put the height.

The stand needs to be assembled, but it is just a few Philips head screws. The reason for this is because it has two plexiglass backs to adjust to your needed height.

The stand is designed with an 8 foot ceiling in mind.

The taller back will make the entire topper height of 17 3/4". This is the stand height we recommend if you can fit it. This stand is designed to work on Stern and Bally/Williams games in areas with an 8' foot ceiling, this should give about 2 inches of clearance.

When the fan blade comes down, the fan blade does not pass on top of the base, it passes above and in front of the base by about 1/2". Basically the stand is 3 1/2" wide, but the motor mount puts the blades out 4". The majority of the weight is on the motor housing, and the 3 1/2" wide base works just fine. YOU NEED TO USE SUPPLIED VELCRO or your fan will walk do to game play vibration.

This configuration will not work if you have a taller game such as a Sega or Gottlieb. This is what the shorter plexiglass back is for. This back will drop the fan rotation below the bottom of the base, so for this to work, the base MUST be lined up with the front edge of your back box, because the fan blade WILL go in front of your back box a little over an inch.

The height of the small stand is closer to 15 1/2", that number is a guess, but it has been tested.

Never an easy answer. But we tried to design this to switch between as many games as possible, and did not want people to have to by extra parts to get this to work on their game.

In saying that, we are thinking about carrying extra memory cards as an add on. this way if you have your videos for one game, if you want to change your topper to another game you don't have to erase your card and write over it.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

They're definitely super cool. The topper runs whenever the machine is "on" correct? Many times I have the machines on but not in play. I bought a mod with 2 super tiny fans for my Indy once and it was INCREDIBLY annoying being on every time the machine was on. Is there an option to turn it off/on?
More toppers = more noise.

Yes, with the relay, when you turn on your game, it will turn on the topper. The relay see the light from your game and turns it on.

For the easiest installation you would plug a supplied power supply in your service out (which is power on all of the time).

The topper comes with a 2.5 meter (10 feet extension). The way we would suggest installation is to loosen your woofer and grill, run the extension wire through the gap and secure the woofer and grill down. Run the extension up the back of your game to the topper.

Some games are different, like the Stern metal boxed games, they have a hole on the top of the back box that may be used.

Now the question comes up, What if I don't have a service outlet, like import or spooky games (we have an atomic explosion video). Run an extension cord from a wall outlet through the grill are on the bottom or back of your game. Plug the power supply into the extension. The relay will still turn on your topper when the game is turned on even if you are not using any wiring from the game.

This will also work for over sees games because the included power supply will work up to 240 volts. Those games will need a oversees to US plug adapter which is very available. We should probably carry those also.

We tried hard to make this as flexible as possible.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Very cool! I love the idea of these as toppers and think you have a nice product at a fair price. Unfortunately my pins are in the basement and do not have the ceiling clearance needed or I would be in for one for sure. My thinking would be to buy one with projected images that would enhance one of your favorite pins and help make that pin stand out. But only one to avoid the cumulative noise that might result from a row of pins with them all running.

Thanks, what is the height of your basement? If it is 7 1/2" feet we may be able to make a back to the stand to work at that height. We will look into it.

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Unfortunately it is only 7'2" from floor to ceiling.

Thanks for the reply. I live 5 miles from the ocean, so no basement,. 7' 2" would be to low to do anything.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

These look very cool (no pun intended) - I look forward to seeing one in person!
Be careful around those backboxes though! Just sayin':

[quoted image]

Yes, planning on putting a big note on the top of the packaging box. Because I have been changing the videos so much, and moving it around, I have been bit a few times, never draws blood or cuts, but it does make me move my hand away quick.

At Pintasic we are planning on having a flat piece of clear pleixiglass on the top of the back box to keep inquisitive fingers away. Because of the way the image is, you do really want to touch it for some reason.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

They're definitely super cool. The topper runs whenever the machine is "on" correct? Many times I have the machines on but not in play. I bought a mod with 2 super tiny fans for my Indy once and it was INCREDIBLY annoying being on every time the machine was on. Is there an option to turn it off/on?
More toppers = more noise.

I think I did a reply to your question, but I think I read your question wrong, so I answered it wrong.

2 answers. The mod will plug into an electrical outlet, often a service outlet, so you could unplug it pretty easily if you wanted it off sometime.

Better answer. This is come with a photosensor relay. That is a relay that will turn power on and off with the use of a photosensor that is at the end of a 30 inch wire. The relay has a pedometer so you can control how much light will set off the relay to allow electricity to travel through. You can put this relay next to a playfield light and set it so when that play field light turns on and off, it will turn on and off the topper. The only problem is it takes under 1 second for the fan to start turning, and during that time it says "3D hologram" while the fan gets up to speed. That is on the hardware and firmware and I have not been able to remove that.

With the proper placement of the relay, you could make the topper only turn on with that play field light. Of course if the game was in an attract mode the fan would try to turn on and off as that light did.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If I were Dan, I would be doing some life testing on the longevity of those fans (if he isn't already) before selling a bunch of them.. and not just if they keep working, but if the motor noise gets any worse over time.

Thank you for the comment.

You have a few technologies that have been put together for this item:

1. Electricity transfer
2. Motors
3. LED's
4. Computer processors.

To start with, LED Hologram fans have been around for many years. It is more a commercial product. Think about it, how many practical applications are their in the retail market? They have mainly been used for advertising.

I used to sell audio and video a long time ago and their was a rule, if one or two companies were making something it was new technology, when a bunch of companies are making something, that technology is solid. Think about plasma TV's, a 40" Phillips cost $40,000 and they and Mitsubishi were the only companies making them, 10 years later the price dropped to about $500 for a 40" model and 100 companies were making them. I don't know how many companies are making these, but I looked through over 20 different makers, and their are more.

Concern 1:

Someone on this thread mention that these don't use brushes to transfer the electricity, so I started to do some digging. The term brush-less motors has been around for many years, probably 30 or more years. On the old motors, the brushes would wear, with brush-less technology, that is not a problem. If you think about it, you have probably heard the term. A poster on this thread made mention of this, and I have verified, this is tried and true technology that has been around for a long time.

Concern 2:

Motors, and noise from motors, I hope you are not concerned with motors. How long have motors been in fans? I will tell you what, this is the same technology. Heck, I have had the same ceiling fan on in my bedroom for 7 years straight, and only turned off to clean it.

Concern 3:

LED's, this is the youngest of all technologies that are incorporated into this product. It is normally the youngest technology you want to be worried about. If you are worried about LED's you better get out of the pinball hobby fast.

Concern 4:

Microprocessors, Really?

The funny thing about a new technology, is often that new technology is new to you. This industry has been around for over 10 years. As a matter of fact the older models could just use a memory chip, it took them years to figure out how to put wifi in them, and yes the model I am using has wifi.

I have 4 different units that I have had on for 6 months, nearly 24 hours per day. The only time they were off is when we were working on the stand or changing the memory cards. All 4 still work fine. I am only bringing 2 to show, because those are the models I am selling. I am only selling one model, but for testing I have a non wifi and a wifi 17" versions, which is what I am bringing to shows.

1. This specific technology has been around way longer then Jersey Jack
2. All of the individually technologies have been around longer the Stern Pinball
3. The product carry's a 1 year warranty from the manufacture, who here would love a 1 year warranty on your Stern?
4. These are basically commercial units, since that is the main target.

Check into it, this is all established standard technology. I just did a search on Amazon for "led hologram fan", I got 347 listing, that would be a huge number for a questionable technology. But 347 listings for an established product that has a very limited consumer uses is pretty high.

The main limitation on this product is the software (videos). That is why we have been working months to get videos together.

Not sure what more to tell you, but I would rather run one of these 24 hours straight for 6 months then have my new Stern pinball machine play for 24 hours a day for 6 months.

As someone stated earlier in this thread, many people cry for new things in pinball, then when an established technology is transferred to pinball technology people get all concerned.

I am satisfied on the quality of this technology.

In my opinion, If you have concerns about this technology, you should either research the technology until you are satisfied, or wait a few years till you are comfortable with it. One problem with that, is if you wait 5 years to verify the quality of this item, and new technology will come out, and you will need to wait 5 years on that, and so on, and so on. How many of you can remember purchasing computers 20 years ago? Technology was changing so quickly on processor speeds, RAM memory, herd drive space, internet speeds, bus speeds, heat issues and so on, that if you purchased a computer, it was old technology in a month. If you waited to get the newest in computers you were waiting for ever, and were using an old POS. Everyone knows someone like that.

Also, the main source of sound is not the motor, it is the blades cutting through the air. Also they blades are not sharp, more of a curved edge and not designed to cut through the air like a table fan (safer). Because of this, I would say this is a bit more noisy then a table fan.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well you can stop defending it Dan, enough people totally get what this mod is about. Once these are available your gonna have a tough time producing them fast enough. I won't be putting it on a game but in my gameroom wall as art.

Thank you Paul. That is what Chuck Norris (he is the one that does the most work here) has said, a lot of people will want it as wall art with some information of each of their games on it.

Many of the questions and suggestions here are good quality, and I don't have a problem answering them. The ones I get frustrated with is when someone that is not knowledgeable states something and I don't want the wrong information to get out. I do think this is by far the best product we have.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Dan, here is a question.. If someone wanted to buy one as "room art" in their game room, is there a way to get a custom SD card which could in theory, have all of the videos for a person's game collection on it?

I think it would be cool for example, if I had a card that had mixed videos of Judge Dredd, Scared Stiff, and WOZ graphics in it. Maybe not all in a row either. Maybe where it could play a JD video, followed by a SS video, followed by a WOZ, and then back to the start with different videos for each (since you mentioned that there are various videos for each machine).
This way, if you sell one as room art, it can be customized to the customer's collection? Maybe a set price for the unit itself and then a separate cost for the SD card where a single game can be one price, but a custom card can maybe be a little more with a small upcharge for each game added?
Just a thought. I have toppers on all 3 of my games already so I would be out of the market as a topper. But for game room art, I would be all in if I could get one unit with all of my games on it intermixed!

Yes, it comes with one micro SD card. You can put up to 50 videos on that one card, 50 is the limit, we hit that limit working on it today. Regardless of what sequence you load videos, it will play in alphabetical order. If you want to play in a particular order, just put an A in front of the first file, then a B in front of the second file.

We are going to put all of the videos available if you purchase one of our LED hologram fans. The memory cards are under $8.

A lot of the videos are very game specific, I think most of the ones I posted were game specific. We also have some titles, again I think I posted a couple of those, but we also have some generic ones, such as a full moon with clouds passing in front of it or atomic explosion or flames (I think I posted that). The generic videos serve a few purposes, they can match many games, but if you are doing it as a topper you can do a sequence of videos. Such as Attack from Mars, I posted the flying saucer shooting a ray, then you could have an explosion then a fire.

Star Wars I think has 8 videos, if you mixed that with some generic videos you could make a pretty good story or video. If you did that, it may be nice to have an extra memory card to make a custom topper for another game. Or just make a few files in your computer, and if you want to move the topper around, you could load from your computer the series of videos you made for that game.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I live in Hong Kong and travel through all the major airports in Asia. There are probably hundreds of these units used at airport terminals I travel through. They’re very impressive, bright and can’t be heard about the background noise.

Thank you.

I few of us were in front of or game that had the topper on it. The game was off, and we were talking at standard level and it was not a problem.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Ok. I am sold. How much and how soon can I buy one. If I really like it I have seven games that could use one right now.

Should be about 6 weeks. I will have 2 prototypes in Pinfest, and I hope a few Pinsiders will post their feedback. 2 weeks after that we will be in Atlanta, and I may have the production models by then and hopefully some Pinsiders will give feedback from their also.

The prototypes have the plexiglass stand hand cut, the production models with have the plexiglass laser cut.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

I like what I’m seeing but I’m an early solid state guy. My games are games such as Stars, F2K, Firepower, Eight Ball...do you have anything like rockets, stars, pool balls?

Thank you. Yes, we are trying to get a good selection of generic videos that will work on many games. As a matter of fact, I was working on something for pool and f14 the other day, but did not get anything. Often I make some videos that look fine on the computer put it on the fan, and they don't look to good, so we delete them. We are trying to get a good selection of videos on the first 300, a bit of everything. We do have a nice earth, astronaut and I think moon passing in front of the earth.

If their is a web programmer on here that wants to swap some work for some product, email me. We want to have each video on the website, with some game tags, but also listed alphabetical. That way people can look for what they want and give them a try.

All of the web stuff is over my head, and I have not had luck with wed programmers. I know I need to get a lot more bandwidth or what ever it is called on our site for all of the down loads.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Dan, since you're collecting ideas for potential additional downloads, if I could put a plug in for water/ocean scenes...thinking for games like Fathom, Seawitch, etc...
Can't wait to see these in person!

Thank you, and yes any ideas would be plus. I think once some get out their I will start getting feedback more on what people want such as specific graphics, lengths of videos and general graphics that will be a huge plus. That is one nice thing about this mod, if you don't like a video for a game, if you wait, hopefully I or someone else will make one that suits your tastes and game better. That is why I call this the Ultimate Pinball Topper, because you can change it, you are not stuck with the one static topper you purchased.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Dan, I like your idea of being able to load the card with whatever you want making this the perfect item for a game room if not wanted as a topper. That being said, will purchasing it as a "game room item" be an option? Meaning that you can pretty much sell it to us with a wall plug and not need to do any of the relay modifications to it that you are doing for topper use. I am assuming that these initially come as a plug in item and then you are modifying them to work as a topper. Rather than the purchaser have to switch it all back, maybe you can sell them directly for wall plug use as well? Seems like that option would save both you and the customer some work if that is what they intend to use it for.

Thank you for the idea. Basically it would be a version with out the stand or relay, just a wall mount and access to the videos. I think I may need to do that, let me talk with Chuck about that.

No promises, but per some requests, I am working on some generic water, space, jet fighter, space ship, pool and ocean life videos. Also I am working on a Black Knight spinning bust.

If you have other requests, please post.

Thanks
Dan

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Aren't these already available on ebay and amazon with the wall mount and direct plug? All you would need is video content?

These are the ones on Amazon that sell for between $179 and $250.

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope so too Dan, I want it for wall art also.

Yes, we will do a wall version that will not have the topper stand, power relay or 2.5 meter extension for $199.99. It will come with wall mount and access to all of our videos.

#187 4 years ago

Here is a video of the Ultimate Pinball topper running with Stern Star Wars on with volume of 9 or 10, I was switching between the 2 so you could see the sound level on the screen. I picked volume of 10 because it was a round number. I don't think you can even hear the fan.

Also, a little of love for the Alien and space question guys.

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wonder what the 4 bladed ones are like, if it's better quality images.

Most of the 4 blade ones are larger. These are 17 inches which makes the circle diameter about 53 inches, you have 2 lights (arms), so a light travel 27 inches to give you that effect. If you make the arms twice as long, lets say 34 inches the light needs to travel about 50 inches to give you that effect. Because the distance is longer, it does not look as good. The solution is to have more (4) arms on the larger ones so the distance traveled is not as long.

I hope I explained that in a way some one can understand it.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

It looks nice (even on video).
I especially liked the lord of the rings vid.
Wouldnt it be nice If you had the lord of the rings pin and the hobbit pin, with that spinner as sideart inbetween?
If you encased it in acrylic or such, set it up with vaccum, wouldnt that make it last longer, beeing untouchable and taking care of the noise?
Well maybe that would lessen the image effekt?

They are not very load, that part of the discussion got a bit out of hand from people that did not have first hand knowledge of the product. I think as a topper, 99% of the people are going to be fine with the amount of sound they make.

We have been thinking about using it as wall art and feel it may be best to be covered. We are working on an option plexiglass shield to cover the fan for wall art or a topper. It would be 2 different designs. I will update when we get prototypes for those. It will be after Pintastic.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

The time and effort to make and catalog the video files is WELL worth an extra cost.

Yes, that is was makes the product. The fan is useless without the videos.

We are currently using 2 different process to make videos.

We will be working on 2 new process to make videos. One we are experimenting on is a spinning bust of the Dark Knight, it will be slightly different to avoid copyright infringement, but close enough to match. On the Black Knight process, I want to give a call out to JEFFSPINBALLPALACE for doing some work on helping me and the testing this process.

The forth process we will be testing with Iron Maiden. This process has been kind of expensive to set up, but if works properly will give us a huge selection to work with.

We are going to push to try to have prototypes of both of these processes completed by the Atlanta show.

By calling them the processes is as much information about them you will get out of me, because those are the secret sauce to this mod.

We will defiantly have over 300 videos done by 8-1-2019. Another Pinsider is helping me with the website process. The website process is also a very important part to get the videos out properly, and the website part is completely beyond my capability.

#197 4 years ago

Also, I would like to thank those of you that have given me some good feedback to help refine this project. The feedback has been given to me both on this forum and in PM's

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

It looks nice (even on video).
I especially liked the lord of the rings vid.
Wouldnt it be nice If you had the lord of the rings pin and the hobbit pin, with that spinner as sideart inbetween?
If you encased it in acrylic or such, set it up with vaccum, wouldnt that make it last longer, beeing untouchable and taking care of the noise?
Well maybe that would lessen the image effekt?

That Lord of the Rings ring video is one of my favorites. We have 2 versions of that. Also we have a nice one of the eye.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:Thank you, and thanks for the questions.

Love these toppers! A few quick questions, and apologies in advance if they have already been answered...
1. Will you ship to Australia?
2. If so, when?
3. I can see this topper as being perfect for my GB. But what about JJP machines? Of the pinballs I own, I am only missing a topper for The Hobbit
4. And finally, do they work best with a blank background behind them? The backdrop in my games room is brick work and piping

1. Yes
2. We should have every thing ready to go on 8-1-2019
3. Someone just mention how good the ring video would look in The Hobbit, we also have a few dragons in the Generic videos.
4. We have not found a background that these don't look good on. The video is a bunch of LED's that are very bright. The background does not effect what you are looking at, the back ground gives you depth, which gives you the 3D effect. If you have read me talking about black background, that is in the video itself. The objects on the videos need black as the background because with black, the LED's don't light up, which gives the object on the video the floating effect.

I will get a video in the shop or someplace so you can see the background is not an issue. I probably won't have that video till after Pintastic

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I am very much looking forward to seeing what you will have in videos to compliment JJP’s POTC beyond the POTC version you showed so far. Are you thinking there will be more than one video available per pin?
Is the main problem with creating these, for those of us that might tinker, getting the pure black in the background?
It is very cool what you are doing.

Thank you.

We are planing on having a few for each title. Their are a lot of titles, and we are trying to have a good selection of many titles to start, but may not be as deep of a selection. On Pirates, the video we posted is longer, we have a pirate ship, the game title, a jolly roger and Captain Jack steering a ship.

On the main titles we want videos that are very game specific, such as the video you saw, the title and Captain Jack. Then we are trying to get a set of generic videos, such as the pirate ship and Jolly Roger. The reason in because the pirate ship and jolly roger could be used on other game such as Black Rose or other pirate games.

Black in the background is very important, this does not make a good television, and you need the transparent (black, light off) to give the best effect. I have not had a problem putting black in the back. I would say a bigger challenge is your videos needs to be in a 1 to 1 ratio, then your corners get cut off because that gets transformed to a circle. It is not so much as a challenge, as it take a little bit to get used to it.

I am hoping people like like to tinker will make some and to our library to help everyone in the community. With a little tinkering, you can make a good video without much problem.

#203 4 years ago

We are getting positive feedback on using this as game room wall art, because of this we are going to make some arcade game videos, but that will not be our main focus. Pinball will be or main focus.

We will also have a small guy room selection.

I expect this project will be my main project for many months to come.

Dan

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The content, that takes advantage of the device, is not as easy as people think....sure it will display a clip, but the full affect takes time and skill. It has escaped my efforts,
and several others. I appluad Dan in the hopes he has mastered original 3d clips.
It was for that reason i lost interest 2 to 3 years ago.

Art, thanks for your words of wisdom like normal. Yes, you are very correct. You even need specialized software to do the best work. That is part of the reason that movies don't look that good on these. We use outside programmers to do a lot of our best quality 3D work. Black Knight is going to cost about $500 just for the programming.

I would say their are levels of 3D quality on the videos.

Best - if you look at Gun's N Roses, Slimmer, the titles, Lord of the rings, motorcycle some ironmen and some others are incredible.

Good - Things like the batman intro fall into this category. Because they have a good back ground and have movements towards you.

OK - We have a color version of the Munsters intro and an AC/DC concert, that will will fall into this category. It looks OK to look at, but it is not much more then a monitor. This is by far, by far the smallest category of videos we have.

Everything looks more 3D on these fans then a monitor because of the movement, contrast and you can see through the image. Part of the reason a movie clip does not do much more then a monitor, is because you cannot see through the movie to get the depth.

An update on videos, we currently have 300 done. Of those 300, about 50 are titles, and for the game room wall art, we did 35 classic video games from the early 80's. I hope to have about 500 videos at launch on 8-1-2019. I will be focusing on video product for the next 3 weeks, after that I expect it to take 2 weeks to get them all posted in a format that will be easy to use.

The guy that did the motorcycle for us is also doing the Black Knight, we hope to have Black Knight ready at Pinfest, it is going to be close. We are doing 3 versions of the Black Knight, first is him waist high with a flail and shield, second is him waist high with a sword and shield, the third will be a bust. All spinning.

I am sure everyone has thought about this but to sum it up here are your choices on toppers going forward. Purchase a plexiglass topper with some graphics that can change LED colors for about $250 or purchases a Stern topper for $500. Or you can purchase or LPM ultimate topper that will give you a few choices per game of topper graphics, that appears 3D and gives millions of colors, that if you sell your game, you can transfer this topper to another game and not lose any value for $250.

I feel the choice is clear, and when you have this topper.wall art on, this is going to be the first thing any one that looks at your game will notice.

I won't post any more clips before Pinfest, but before Atlanta I hope to post some videos with these on different backgrounds

Also in regards to Brtlkat comment, if you are going to purchase your own LED hologram fan, you better check the consumer reports review of these, because not all LED Hologram fans are the same, that is why we purchased a selection of the, and put them through the testing. You could end spending that money, and it may not work for what you want it to. And per his comment about having an outside area for trading of videos, I guess you could get that now going to the LED hologram fans forums.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well I don't know about that. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What a great looking area. You don't know what to look at first.

#216 4 years ago

Everyone that has commented on the topper at Pintasic has been amazed and positive. I hope some people that have seen it first had will post.

In talking to many people, the suggestion of having the video files public, allowing people to download and share the videos they have made is coming up a lot. Does anyone know a website that would be good for that? Maybe something like the Pinsound community.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

On the first post you said they ship 8/1. How can we order? They aren’t on your website.

Thank you for your post. I will put you on my order list, and email you when ready.

All of the main work has been done, I wanted to have 300 videos when we launch, and we have that and expect to have much more then that at launch. We have everything needed for production except one item, and it has been shipped.

We had some really good feedback, and we have 3 accessory items we want to make prototypes of before we start selling online, because they were brought up a few times at the show:

1. A shield for the topper. I think everyone that saw it was amazed how quite it was. The top of a machine is over 6 feet, so it is pretty safe up their, but some people were interested. We have made a prototype of this shield, but we may update that prototype slightly.

2. We will be selling a wall art unit, which we have everything for, but we also want to make a plexiglass shield for this. I think we have everything here for it and will be working on the prototype for that this week.

3. A lot of basements in the world. We live on the river, 5 miles from the ocean at about 3 feet about see level so no basements in our area, I we did not even think about it. We are going to work on a stand to use the topper in a 7' foot ceiling. We are not sure how that is going to work, but we are doing a prototype for that this week.

The next thing we got a lot of feedback from at the show was a level of open community that people can add video's and other features for the hologram projector. I have a good programmer that has been able to give me real good guidance, him and I are trying to have the best environment to start with. Many people want to make videos for themselves, and we want a community that people can share. We are not going to be selling any videos, but we are making a huge library to support the product. This product is only as good as videos.

This paragraph is important, but I won't answer many questions on this, because it is above my ability. I talked in depth on this product with many people at the show. One feature this product has that I do not talk about is it does have wifi capabilities. I do not feel the program that controls the wifi is very stable. The wifi is not needed for the product to function properly, it is just an additional feature. I talked with 2 people that are smarter then me that said if the fan has wifi capabilities they could make it interactive. Both of these people said they would enjoy tinkering on this aspect but felt it was important to have a community that not only houses the videos, but also has some kind of forum capabilities to work on these features as a community. PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME THIS ASPECT OF A WIFI PROJECT, IT IS SOMETHING I PERSONALLY AM NOT ABLE TO DO.

Because we feel setting up the proper community is huge, we may not be shipping till 8-15-2019, but it could be 8-1-2019. The proper website to support the videos will be very, very important, and that one item is mainly going to dictate the launch date. I will also post on this thread when we list. If you PM me I will put you on our preorder list.

Dan

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Are you going to post some new videos from the show?

I took a few videos, I will try to post them in the next week. We may get our main shipment before the Atlanta show (11 days from now). If we do we plan on setting up about 8 fans to demonstrate a larger selection of videos. We had 100 different video's on display at Pintastic.

If we get 8 fans up in Atlanta, we will have a lot of videos then.

Dan

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

So first just gotta say I love these! If the content for Metallica had a lot more to it like say, concert footage... maybee video clips, or showcased original band artworks then I’ll throw my money at this thing for a topper! As it is, I’m more likely interested in the wall mount for game room decor so I can run through the entire loop..

Thank you so much for this comment, I got GREAT NEWS for you.

We did a short video of a concert of AC/DC for the fan, but we could only show 100 videos at Pintastic, and we decided not to show that one.

This is part of the reason this is the Ultimate Topper, you can make your own very quick. The product comes with the software to convert any standard video to the LED Hologram format.

Go to Youtube and find a Metallic concert you like, their is a huge selection, because I looked. Get an app/plugin/program to capture the video from Youtube. We use ClipGrab because the program is fee and is very easy to use. Use ClipGrab, down load the video and put it in the LED Hologram fan program to convert it and done. I would suggest using some video manipulation program that can do very simple feature such as brightness and cropping to manipulate the video slightly to use between the programs to give a slightly more polished video, but it is not needed.

I will try to get you a few Metallica concerts for the video selection for you.

Here is an example of a Youtube video. I LOVE Creature from the Black Lagoon. One of the coolest videos for this game I thought was the old drive in videos with the dancing candy!! Can you think of a better topper for Creature then those videos?? I have added a few of those videos to our library and they were from YouTube.

Also remember you can stack up to 50 videos. You could do a concert clip then the 3D Metallica logo (which we have) then another concert clip, 3D Metallica logo. You can do this up to 50 videos. If you put them in order, every time you use the 3D Metallica logo it would count as a video.

Dan

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from Pitanh:

Gotta say I'm a big 'Fan' of your product! Nice meeting Dan and Chuck this weekend Pintastic and can't wait for the pre-order to get to NH.
Just gotta find a spot that the cats cant get to!

Thank you for the feedback. I think I remember talking with you. We do have a few cat videos, but per the 2 above posts, find your favorite cat videos on Youtube and you can make your own. Please post any new videos on our community when done.

Dan

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

When these come from the factory, Wall mount kits are already included when these are purchased.

Yes, both the wall mount version and the topper version will come with a wall mount.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I posted a quick Pintastic Walk Thru video online. 17:30 of the video shows the great topper. The video shows the fan blades in the images because of the video settings of the camera. In person the fan rotation is not seen on the actual images. Topper looks great.
Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/06/30/pintastic-2019-sturbridge-ma-june-27th-30th-highlights-video-walkthru-3d-hologram-topper/
YouTube Video :

Thank you very much, great looking video. Thank you also for all your support of the pinball community.

Dan

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Hey there. Not sure if this was asked yet, but how many inches minimum are needed between the top of the back box and the ceiling for this topper?
Thanks!

The topper version comes with 2 height stands. The tallest version is 17 3/4" tall, the short version is about 2 inches shorter.

We are working on a stand that will be 9 inches tall. Not sure if that will work or how it will work, but hope to have the prototype done in 10 days.

Dan

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

My wife and I loved them. Put me on the list.

Got it, thank you.

Dan

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Dude, so I can upload my own footage from concerts I’VE been too? AND put it on the topper?!?!

YES! YES! YES! That is why this is the ultimate topper! Video only, no audio.

We had one customer that has leagues, and he is going to put league footage on them for a prize to that player with best game.

You can put any video on these you want. I am not sure of the maximum time length yet, that will take some testing.

The question came up about pictures, if you want to do something that is a picture, you would need to make a video of it. Example, if you had a great 4" Deadpool figure you wanted to use as a topper, but it was to small. Lay that figure on a black cloth and video that figure. you may want to crop it, I think Windows movie maker will do that, and comes with all windows. Many phones can crop also. BINGO, you now have an 17" topper that is hanging in space on your game from you 4" figure. The reason for the black cloth background, is because the black gives you the transparent look as in the videos.

The resolution is not that high on these, but they still look great! Most phones will have high enough resolution to make great videos for this.

Dan

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I would also like to be added to the list, these look great!

Thank you, got it.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You KNOW I want one Dan.

Thank you Paul, I have you on the list.

Dan

1 month later
#260 4 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

Litedpinballmods Dan, can you put me on the list? Thanks

Got you on the list, Thank you. Judging from you picture, you may want this for Twilight Zone, if so, great news, We have been able to get videos to both versions of the IGT slot machine topper, and they look great on the topper.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Any more updates on availability?

We pushed our date back to 8-15-2019 delivery, and we are looking good on that date.

We have hundreds of videos done, we have to upload them.

We have all materials here and are putting packages together.

I am working on manuals and video instructions now.

Our web guy is getting our password protected area done.

We have the software to concert most video formats to the fan format. We have the software to download a video from most major video sites. We have the software to let you trim a video that you have. The 2 last programs are very good quality freeware programs, but doing manuals on just the features you will use now.

We had to make a change. When you purchase the topper, you are going to get a good selection of general videos, and one or two videos for most games. You will need to download these. On many games we going to have a more in depth selection, when you purchase a fan, you will get one in depth game selection. If you want another in depth game selection, it would be $19.99.

The videos you can download will be through a password protected portion of our site. A selection of videos you can view so you can see what you are purchasing will be in another location. On the area to view videos, we are not sure if we are going to give a few second preview, or a longer preview with a water mark.

We are putting together a great selection for Jurassic Park

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

A Leia hologram video is a must.

I don't think I do, but thanks for the input, I will see if I can get something.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Link to preview the videos would certainly be good to get. I've been looking for a topper for example for CC, one would need to see what kind of videos would be available.

Don't have anything for CC yet, it will probably be over a month before I get any CC done.

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So just to double check, the topper version will have a be enclosed in a case of some sort? Is there an update on pricing for the mountable topper version? I may be interested as well.

The topper version will be on a base, basically like you see in the first few posts, no enclosure. We will also be selling a plexiglass shield for the topper, it is probably be $79.99. We will also have a plexiglass shield for the wall mount version, should be $79.99 also.

#265 4 years ago

Everyone that asked to be on the list, I have added you to the list.

Thanks
Dan

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Please move me higher up on the li... er, just make sure I'm on the list from before. Thanks!

You will be on the first set.

#270 4 years ago

We are trying to make a very good selection for Jurassic park. In the base of hundreds will have some dinosaurs and nice title that the Trex bites.

On the Jurassic Park set you will get the base 300+, and it should have:

3 title videos
over 6 dinosaurs videos
Computer screen when they were trying to break into the computer
Computer screen that controls the park
The large gate
A few vehicles
Jurassic park flag
Mosquito in amber

#271 4 years ago

I got Leia hologram, it will be in Star Wars set. I think the Star Wars set has about 25 videos. Most Star Wars videos are short.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Please don’t forget us poor folk who can only afford (barely) early solid state games. Outer space themes for games like Firepower & F2k and Stars, billiard themes for EB and EBD, and maybe some fantasy themes for Paragon and Catacomb. You know, videos for MY collection!

Yes, thank you for the feedback, we received that feedback at the shows also. Firepower was also specifically mentioned to us. We have a few jets.

We are separating videos into 9 categories:

Animals - fish in water category
Arcade
Cars-ships-transportation
monster-horror
music
other
space-sky
sports
superheros
water
weapons

We did get a lot of requests for pool and their are over 10 for pool videos in the set.

Please give me some examples of what you would want for fantasy themes?

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I'll be getting one of these once my birthday comes in October ... so add me to the list if that helps. I would be getting one to top my JJPPOTC and would love to see a video of a sailing pirate ship on rough seas. That video could be cycled repeatedly and would look great.
Is it possible to see the videos that are available without downloading/stealing them? A catalog of available videos would be great if you eventually have the time.

We talked at long length with a copyright attorney. Nearly everything we have is computer generated or using models. All of the videos that we will show you just need to be downloaded and converted. Converting a video is about as easy as copy and paste. We won't be selling or shipping any videos, we will be giving you the location of the videos. We will put the videos up, that is part of what is taking so long, this has been a huge project.

All of our videos will be on a public domain, so if a person or company feels some work is violating their IP, they can have it quickly and easily removed.

Many people wanted the ability to take movie clips, to put that on the fan, for that reason we went through a bunch of software to find what we felt works the best for free.

As we said at the shows we went to, then main value of this product is getting videos. Having this product with no videos is like having a car with no gas. And the videos are what it taking the most amount of time.

We do have a pirate ship.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Wow, all this talk about a list! Guess I need to check I’m n it too. I sent you a PM for two toppers less than two hours after your first post. Just checking to see that I’m on the list. Thanks!
Can you post a list to keep us all at bay?

Yes, I think you are one of the first on the list for 2. I think you sent me a PM.

The manuals, doing the sales copy and posting the videos are the main goal for the next 2 weeks. Hope to start showing stuff in about a week.

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

What about Mr. DNA?

I don't have Mr. DNA, but with the software, you could get it pretty easy.

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

For fantasy theme, maybe dungeons, dragons, winged animals, mythology stuff. Also need card playing game themes too, for the many card games. I think it’s pretty awesome that we’re even able to offer suggestions to you. Obviously, you’ve got a major winning project going here and I believe you’re going to be very busy (and happy) with this venture!

Thank you, for your feedback. Sometimes on this project we get, "you cannot see the forest for the trees", because we are trying to cover so much content. I think their is one or 2 card videos, but I will get more, may not happen in the next 2 weeks.

We get some very valuable information from feedback, we did 2 shows, and took a lot of notes from feedback. The original design of the hardware has not changed, mainly feedback on content.

It is a goal to have a good selection of videos for the EM machines. We know for the most part, no toppers have ever been done for EM machines.

Working on videos I think is the only thing I will be doing for the next few months.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

My plan is to get a wall mount but want to make sure there are videos for my collection as well? WOZ should be a no brainer as should a collection of Elvira videos with the 3rd game coming out this October.
But how about some Judge Dredd videos? And please avoid the God-awful Stallone movie. The Carl Urban movie Dredd from 2012 is the only way to go...

I agree on WOZ, but I don't have anything for it yet. We are working on some Elvira today, I figured Elvira would be good with 3 games.

Most of the games that originally came with a topper we have not done much on, such as Addams Family, Judge Dredd, Fishtales and so on. We are trying to get a good selection of water related. Because some people are using this as wall art, we do have one Thing video I believe.

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Does it provide a cool breeze as well?

No, the blades are flat, very little air movment.

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

Well, the Twilight Zone can be a candidate, but I have several pins that deserve a topper like this, but I still don't know which one will be. So the change about getting only one "depth game selection" per topper, will make more difficult to choose what pin gets the prize
P.S.: The TZ video attached looks very good

Thank you.

Twilight Zone set should have (still working on some):

Invader
Robby the Robot
Gumball Machine
IGT slot machine topper with door (about 3 minutes)
IGT slot machine topper with gumball machine (about 90 seconds)
Black and white talking Tina
Color talking Tina
The car
3 show intros (original, second year, and remake from a few years ago)
spinning circles
May have a slot machine

These videos are based off of the TV shows or other models, not the game. An example is our Invader will have the little radar on his head that the TV show has, but is not in the game. The gumball machine is the standard machine you would see at a grocery store not the one in the back of the game, but they are very close. The Robby the Robot will be the Forbidden Planet version, which I think was in 2 TV shows, not the silver one in the game.

Videos are subject to change without notice.

The 300 video set will have second year show intro (most popular) and spinning circles I think.

The nice thing is we are trying to add a video or 2 from most game themes, so you get a little something for nearly everything.

Some themes have more then others. Wonka, for example, has just 5 or 6 videos.

#300 4 years ago

I am hoping to get all of the standard set of videos uploaded for viewing by Friday. These are done for viewing, and will be on the fan, not for downloading. Over the weekend I hope to post a few of the premium sets.

When you purchase either a Ultimate Topper, or Ultimate Wall art, you will get access to all of the standard set of videos (over 300) and one premium set. The standard set of videos will have 1 or 2 videos that are pretty closely themed to many games, and many generic videos that can be used on many games. A premium set will have 6 to 20 videos that are themed around one specific game. If later you want another premium set for a different game, we will be selling access to premium sets for $19.99. We will be selling the location of the videos, not the videos, and we will not ship videos.

We are still on track to start selling on 8-15-2019 and should ship within 3 days. I probably won't have the downloadable videos posted till between 8-15 and 8-20, but with shipping delay, the videos should be up when you receive the fan. A limited number of premium sets will be available at that time.

By 9-15-2019 we are going to focus on having premium sets for:

1. Jurassic Park
2. Star Wars
3. Deadpool
4. Scared Stiff
5. Ghostbusters
6. Iron Maiden
7. Twilight Zone
8. Batman 66
9. Willie Wonka
10. Metallica
11. Lord of the Rings
12. Indiana Jones
13. Creature from the Black Lagoon
14. Ironman
15. Munsters
16. Sinpsons
17. The Walking Dead
18. Tron
19. Game of Thrones
20. Guardians of the Galaxy
21. World Cup Soccer

All videos are subject to change without notice.

Those people that are on the preorder list, I will contact first. With orders from shows and preorder list, I expect to sell out of our stock within the next few days. It will be over a month before I get more in stock.

We have everything in stock for our initial order, and have over 600 videos made, getting them posted is a time consuming task.

Feedback of what you want is helpful and appreciated. It gets added and prioritized on our to do list

Dan

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from DesTheopta:

Late to the party but please put me on the list.

You are good, got you on the list.

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

The 'premium set' concept sounds interesting. I'm gonna get two toppers initially. I have a six pins on your premium list and am not really sure which pins I'll put the toppers on. Will you have 'teasers' available for the premium list to help me decide?

Yes. A lot of people want these for wall art, to have a video to represent each game that they have, so in the standard set we want to put 1 or 2 videos for each game.

On all of the sets we are planning on having a location that you can go to view all of the videos, and then another location that you can go to download all of the videos.

Charging the $19.99 for a premium set gives us a bit of money to reinvest and make better videos for a game. You will get a premium set for each fan that you purchase. We will have all orders on a spreadsheet, so if you order the fan now, but either I don't have the premium set you want done yet, or want to get the Hologram LED fan and play with it a bit before you get the premium set, that is fine. Just email us, and we will send you the link to the premium set. My gal that does email is part time.

As I get more videos for a game, I will move some videos from the standard section to a premium section. Simpsons would be an example, we have 6 or more videos in the standard section, when I get more videos together I will take a couple of videos from the standard area and put them in the premium area.

I will be adding videos to the standard section to make that area bigger and bigger.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Looking forward to this! I should already be on your list. Got anything for congo?

Yes, I have a few done to match that theme. I have 3 different gorillas, 2 diamonds and we will be making the plane, but the plane won't be done for a while.

I don't have that game, so I don't know the exact graphics but judging from the movie, we may also have some generic videos that will match that game well, such as torches, a satellite dish and a waterfall. We have had some requests for jungle scenes, and hope to have those in a few months.

Those will all be in the standard area.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Love the concept, love the product ,looks incredible. My man cave is just that a cave, ceilings are seven and a half feet high how are the tests coming along on the shorter versions.? Plan on using as a topper for a space shuttle ,how many space-themed videos do you have in the catalog currently? Oh yeah, put me on the list.

Thank you for the positive feedback.

We just got a 100% working prototype for the wall mount shield, so we are ordering materials for that now. We plan on showing the wall mount in the installation video.

We have not done the 7' 6" height prototype yet, but we don't think that will be an issue, but I will update when we have one done. That is probably as low as a topper will go.

Our space area has about 50 videos, a few of the Earth, a few of space, a few of galaxies, a few of rockets, and 4 or 5 of the space shuttle. I don't think the space shuttles are going to be in the first round of videos we post, but they will be in the first round of downloadable videos.

You would be amazed how much feedback we got from people that want videos for games made prior to 1990. For the most part it was not cost effective for people to make toppers for games of that age. For us, it works. We know if we make 5 space shuttle videos, we will capture the people that love that game, plus it adds to our catalog of space videos. The more and more videos we make, the more and more games these will work on.

We have over 700 videos done, getting them from done to posted is being quite a challenge.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

When will you start posting the Star Wars videos?

My biggest priority is to get the basic set catalog visible.

The Star Wars set is done, and it has 25 videos, including the holographic Leia. It will be one of the first premium sets we post. The 25 Star Wars videos are not included in the 50 space videos mentioned above.

Everything takes longer then hoped.

We do have all materials here and units are being produced now.

#315 4 years ago

We have been working on these for a while. We just got these tonight.

Here is some Iron Maiden premium. I videoed a few like I have been.

I also videoed one with the shutter speed at standard speed. You can see the brightness, but because of the shutter speed, you see fan distortion that you do not see live.

Also a full size video with a slower shutter speed, which makes everything darker.

In my opinion, the best Iron Maiden topper on the market.

I will get pilot lined up better on final version.

Feedback?

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Will the dome mute the sound?

I am not sure of your question. This does not effect the sound of the game, and it makes about the same amount of noise as a table fan.

#321 4 years ago

No, it is pretty quite. Before we showed them at a show, people were talking about information that they were not aware of. It is pretty close to the sound level of a ceiling fan. I bet someone that was at the shows gave feedback of the sound level on this thread. If you read feedback from people that saw these at shows, it is all very good.

#322 4 years ago

We are starting to upload the basic set of videos on youtube today, I will post the link when I get a good quantity of videos posted. I expect it will take a few days to upload the entire basic set.

We are also planning on working on the shorter stand to work in 7' 6" ceilings today.

#324 4 years ago

The stand for this to fit in a 7' 6" ceiling does not work. It causes cavitation because so much of the black glass is so close behind the fan blade.

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

so what's the absolute minimum clearance I need from top of the machine to the ceiling?

you could fit in 7' 10"

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Any chance we could get the ultimate video access for one price? It could allow us access to all video downloads from now and into the future? I’m sure most might go with the separate categories but I’d like to mix it up regularly since I’m looking for a wall mount style.

Not at this time, let me explain.

In the basic set that you get will have 1 or 2 for many games. When a new game comes out, I will add a video or 2 to the basic set for that game, so the basic set will always be growing.

Toy Story is a game that is expected to be released, so I will use it as an example. I will make a few videos for that game, and those few will go into the basic set. When I get enough content to make a premium selection, I will make a premium selection for that game, but I will leave a few Toy Story videos in the basic set. The basic set will always be growing. That is mainly for the wall art category.

Also as I get more feedback, I will add more content to the basic set, as well as make more premium selections.

Our original intent was to do what you are asking, but we were told point blank from some people that they intended to take all of our video work and distribute it. It does take us a fair amount of time and investment to make a set, and we wanted a program that was good for the end user, as well as work for us. That is why we have the format we have now. At $19.99 for a premium set, we are hoping that is a high enough price to protect our work, yet a low enough price that if someone wants to change the topper from one game to another, they feel it was a good deal. If we see a need to change the format in the future, we will do that.

Also, we won't be selling the videos, we will be selling the location on the web the videos are. All videos we be out in a public area, so if a holder of Intellectual Property does feel that their work may have been violated, they will be able to have them removed. Of course much of our work in original.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Are you serious? If he made everything available for one price he’d have to charge a fist full! His time is money. I’m actually kinda surprised these videos aren’t password protected somehow to prevent limitless distribution.
However, it would be cool if the community developed and shared files like Pinsound does.

The idea of having a file swapping area was the original plan, like Pinsound. But, we want to limit our exposure on copy right issues and we could not find a solution doing a file swapping situation that would keep us insulated.

We talked with an IP attorney while we were working on this project, and he said if the files are available to the public, and an IP holder has an avenue to delete a file if they felt their IP was violated, that would give us a high level of protection. So keeping this in mind, this is the process we have come up with:

When you purchase a Hologram LED fan, you will get a password for a password protected section to our website. That section will have the manuals, software information and links to the basic videos on youtube. For the premium files you will also get the location of a youtube account that has the specific videos from that one game. All premium files will be on different youtube accounts.

Nearly every video we have is made from scratch, a few exceptions are, Batman 66 intro, Twilight Zone intros, The Simpsons intro, and Mr. DNA from Jurassic Park. On those videos we have cropped and colored them to work the best for the toppers, but those videos are all over youtube, so I don't think they will ever be a copyright issue.

We don't sell you the videos, we sell you the locations of those videos. We have made many of them, so we do own the rights on many of them, so others won't be able to take our videos and resell them. We don't want to get caught up in selling any copyright content in anyway.

These issues are some things that have been delaying us slightly.

The youtube link I hope to post on here in a few days are videos of the videos on the fans. Those will give a good idea of what you are getting, but won't work on the fans. For every video we have had to make 3 versions of it, one for youtube for customers to view, one for youtube for customers to download, and a third is a version that works on the fan. It is pretty time consuming.

We are still close to our timeline of shipping in about 10 days. Finishing the password protected area will probably take a few more days and we plan on getting that finished during shipping time.

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

How about 7’9 3/4”??

Yes, that would work on a game that is not Sega or Gottlieb. Those game are a bit taller then most others.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Do you have a Star Trek Stern topper yet?

No, it will probably be over a month for Stern Star Trek, but we do get requests, and I will do it. I will probably put all 3 of the Star Treks together, because I have problems telling all of the Star Treks apart.

I know we have an Enterprise from the original TV series, and we have an Enterprise for The Next Generation.

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Ok, gotta have the latest Enterprise for the Stern though, otherwise it would look strange. Same one on the LE backglass.

Yes, I understand completely, that is why I don't have Star Trek on my to do list yet. I need to take a close look at the game and get a list of stuff I can do for it.

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I think it would be cool if they could also present other stuff for gamerooms. For example stern, jjp logotypes but also arrows left and right. Expressions as bar, welcome. Play nice. Ladies, gents.
I'm currently building gameroom+home cinema. Now showing etcetc. There are man cool applications possible.

Good ideas, please expand on your thoughts. I am trying hard not to step on any manufacturer toes, so I probably won't do the logos. When you say arrows left and right, you are talking about insert lights from the play field?

I am planning on doing an assortment of game room themes, like pool and darts and such. I got a real good collection for the NFL, but I am a bit concerned about doing those also.

Please give me more feedback for game room ideas.

Dan

#346 4 years ago

The limitation of only being about to upload 50 videos a day on youtube put us behind schedule. Once I get the majority of videos up that you can view, I will start sending payment request emails to everyone on the preoreder list, I am shooting for late next week to start contacting people.

I will also put that youtube link on this thread.

I have finally made a video of all of the videos on the fan. Chuck is in the shop working on getting packages together. Next week I will do the install videos.

#347 4 years ago

The limitation of only being about to upload 50 videos a day on youtube put us behind schedule. Once I get the majority of videos up that you can view, I will start sending payment request emails to everyone on the preoreder list, I am shooting for late next week to start contacting people.

I will also put that youtube link on this thread.

I have finally made a video of all of the videos on the fan. Chuck is in the shop working on getting packages together. Next week I will do the install videos.

Quoted from dts:

Ok, gotta have the latest Enterprise for the Stern though, otherwise it would look strange. Same one on the LE backglass.

We will work on Stern Star Trek to get a premium set with our other 21 premium sets, should be ready within 40 days.

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from Red-6:

Do you have Star Wars video samples? Please add me to the list. Thank you.

Got you on the list. I had a few requests for the Star Wars set, so here it is. Their is a possibility that I have a few other Star Wars videos I am working on, but no promises.

It has 25 clips and is eight minutes long. Of course you will be able to put the videos you want in the order you want.

Also we provided software, you could make your own clips from the movies.

#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Impressive. Most impressive. I resolved my height issues wanted to make sure I'm still in the list thanks

Thank you, but they look 10 times better in person then they do on video.

Yes I have you on the list. I should start sending invoices in a few days.

Dan

#355 4 years ago

wrong thread

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Just waiting to see what Star Wars content you have before I jump on board

That is fine. Star Wars will be one of our larger premium sets with 25 or more videos. Most other games will be less. Wonka, for example will just have 6 or so.

Once we get the basic stuff set up, we will be working on the premium sets. Star Wars is one of the sets that we did early. I don't have the time to divide the videos right now, but all 25 videos are posted back to back on the video on post #349 on this thread.

Also in the basic set their are some planets and space videos that can also be used with Star Wars

So I should take you off the list for now?

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

No, I would prefer to be on the list.
Those videos are a good start. I particularly liked the Imperial Shuttle flyby which seemed to give a nice 3D effect. The trench run was also nice.
Hopefully some additional videos will be forthcoming from you and/or the community. Some that come to mind for me include:
- the Star Destroyer flyover at the beginning of episode IV
- the firing of the proton torpedos and detonation of the Death Star
- the animated Death Star attack plans
- the asteroid field from ESB
- entering and exiting hyperspace
- exploding Tie Fighters
- the Falcon flying through all the Tie Fighters in RotJ
In other words, there is a ton of good stuff to add.

One of the videos of the Falcon flying by made me jump when I saw it on the Hologram LED fan.

Yes, their are a ton of options on this game. We have a good asteroid field, a spinning asteroid and a hyperspace in the basic set. All of the videos look 10 times better in person then on video. You will also get software that will allow you to download online videos, and another piece of software that will let you clip parts of a video, so it gives you a lot to play with on your own. We tried to avoid taking moving clips.

#360 4 years ago

I think I have a crawl in one of my videos not completed. They are slightly different depending on the release date. They changed them slightly when they did the updated release of the movies.

Even though I keep quoting 300 in the basic set, it is closer to 600 videos, because some videos are similar, but different, like the dragons. In the premium sets we have about 300 other videos done, and about 200 other videos at different level of competition. Their will be over 1,000 videos done in a month, it has been quite a large project.

#361 4 years ago

Here is an example of the crawl. I am not sure if this will be in the set or not, but with supplied software, this only took about 10 minutes to make. I centered the text in the widest point of the fan, if I did it again, I would probably drop the text lower.

#364 4 years ago

Remember, they all look 10 times better in person. Also, I will be adding to this collection as time goes on.

This is a link to the viewing of the basic collection. This will come with all purchases, plus you will get a premium collection. I tried to make sure all videos that were at shows are in this collection.

When you purchase, you will be given a different location to download videos.

Nearly 600 videos, have fun:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3zsOX-4hJzEudGFGsSm3Tg

#365 4 years ago

A few updates. Yes, we fell a few days behind schedule.

We got examples of most videos in the basic videos posted on youtube, see above.

We are finishing instructional videos and other videos today.

Here is a video explaining on what you get and the difference between Ultimate Topper components and Ultimate Wall Art components:

Installation video:

Both of the above videos will be linked from the password protected area on our website. Instructions for the software will be on the password protected area on our website.

We should start taking payments and shipping, very soon.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Pitanh:

Paid for ours at Pintastic, Will the preorders be shipping first?
Thanks!

Yes, all preorders will go out within 24 hours.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Good videos. I’ll be the first to point out it’s a “potentiometer”, not “pedometer”
Seriously, thanks for bringing this to market. I was one of the first to sign up and can’t wait to get it (getting two).

Thank you. I probably spent a bit more time on the videos then I needed, but I wanted to try to answer most of the questions on them.

A lot of loose ends are getting wrapped up. I have a pile of these ready to ship, and all of the basic set videos are made, and all of the video manuals are made. Just a few more things left to do. I hope to start sending out invoices Wednesday or Thursday.

Then I will be working on making the premium sets, which is what I am looking forward to doing.

Dan

#370 4 years ago

Finishing some loose ends. The question came up about a month ago about hiding the power cord better or getting the Ultimate Topper or Ultimate Wall Art to match the wall better. Here is a video of how we painted the Topper and power cord, all supplies were purchased at Lowes. The results came out very good.

This video shows a fer videos from the Jurassic Park Premium Set. The Jurassic Park Premium set will have about 25 videos in it.

In 3 to 4 days we should have the password section set up and all of the basic set available for download.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Are these for sale yet? Will you send PMs to this on the waitlist (I’m near the top)?

We are making a listing on our website today, and will be sending links to people on the list today.

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Sorry but I do know how loud these are Thanks. One may not be as bad noise wise. But more then one would be, These are noisy items when on. These blades spine at around 2200 rpm's ( does a desk fan spin a those rpm's NO, So much for your common sense theory) so the noise will be there.

These spin at 1,100 RPM, maybe you are thinking of an older model or larger model. Larger models have to spin at a faster speed because the light has to move farther to give the same effect. The painting video has the fan running while we are talking, and we have a tile floor and an 8' ceiling. We even asked people about the sound at the show, not a single person said the sound was an issue. If you look earlier in the thread, I have it running with a decimal meter going.

We have been over this a few times on this thread, just read and get correct facts.

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Let the games begin! Order in!

These are so much fun, they are mesmorizing!!

One thing that is very important, is they turn on when plugged in. We have a pink warning page on the top of the box that tells you this. You can hold the fan in one hand and plug it in and watch it to get a quick look. It has about 15 Chinese videos on it.

The websites page is done, and just needs to be uploaded, that should be done by Monday and all of the basic set of videos should also be uploaded by Monday. We should start posting Premium sets in a week, and will get about 5 premium sets up a week.

These are so much fun, some videos are better then others, some are just amazing. You will download videos put them on the fan, and you will be amazed. you will bring your family members to look at it, they will just steer at it, their jaws will drop, they will watch the entire video. It does not matter their age, 3 year olds, 15 year olds, 25 year olds, 50 year olds, or older, age does not matter, they all just steer, they are all impressed. I could not think of another thing that all ages will just steer at, except for maybe fireworks.

You will put different videos on this, you will think of what you can do on them. You will get clips from youtube, you will put them on these. You will have so much fun, it is a toy.

Those that saw these at the shows will tell you, they are just amazing.

People will come to your house to play your games, the first thing you will do is show them these. Their is nothing else like these.

Even if you get a brand new game, all the new games look like artwork, very nice!! But they will not compare to the awe you will have and people will have when they see them for the first time.

I have been working on these for 6 months, and I still look forward to looking at the new work we put on them.

When we showed these at Pinpastic, Steve Richie 3 times came to the display and just steered, he, like many people said they are just mesmerizing.

Once you see them in action with a great set of videos, you will be Oh My God. They are a lot of fun.

#380 4 years ago

Everyone that got on the pre order list should be getting an email today. We have enough stock for the preorder list and a few more. If you want one, PM us.

Everyone that preordered at shows, they have been shipped.

For additional orders, I will start listing on our website and here, in about a week, but those orders may take a few weeks to fill.

One thing I did not make an instructional video on and don't talk about much is on is it's WIFI abilities. It has 2 WIFI functions, one is to upload to the fan, it works, but is slow. If you have one or 2 videos, that is OK, but anything more then that I suggest plugging the microSD into the USB adapter and just copy and paste. The other function is fun to play with, you can tell the fan which video to play. So if you put 50 videos on the fan, from your computer you can tell it to play any video you want.

Very easy instruction videos for the software is in the password protected area. All 3 pieces of software have videos. Once you learn the easy process, it only takes minutes to download, convert and and put on the microSD card. I do recommend you watch the instruction videos.

Dan

#387 4 years ago

Thank you for the orders, will get them out the next few days.

Some updates:

I hired outside to have videos posted on website. They fell a bit behind. 1/3 of the basic videos are posted, and should be done by Thursday.

The purchase of all Toppers/Wall Art comes with 1 premium set. If you are not sure which premium set you want till you play with the topper, that is fine.

My goal is to get 5 premium sets done per week. For this week I am working on:

Star Wars
Stern Star Trek
Ghost Busters
Iron Maiden
Dead Pool

Here is a video of Star Trek, we plan on adding a Klingon ship to this set:

Here is a video of Ghost Busters:

On all videos I record with a black Hologram LED fan, because that is the color you will get, but here is a short video with Ghost Busters if you choose to paint your Topper/Wall Art. I am using a very bright light because of the shutter speed, that is what is causing the housing shadow to the left of the fan.

Here is a picture with the fan, housing and power cord painted

Thank you for all the support.

painted fan (resized).jpgpainted fan (resized).jpg
#389 4 years ago

Here is a video that was posted about a month ago on the audio level. The game volume is between 9 and 10 and the fan is on above the game. Same game, same fan, same living space. You cannot hear the fan from the sound of the game.

May people at the shows claim it makes less sound then the Stern cooling fan.

Orders have been shipped, I am sure we will start getting first hand feedback. I have talked to a few people, and they are quite happy with them.

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

This topper lends itself perfect to Ghostbusters! What better then having a ghost flying around above the pin.
My 1 question is can you edit the video clips?
Because on the Ghostbusters logo, I would rather it not go behind the logo. Instead go back and forth like an oscillating fan.

I am not 100% sure of your question, so I will give some different information to try to answer it.

Any video that you make can go on the topper. I am not to familiar with video editing software, but if you can make a video of a particular movement of a ghost, you can put it on the fan.

We do supply a video editing program that is freeware. The main reason we choose the program we did is because it is very easy to cut a scene. For example if you downloaded the scene from Ghost busters of slimer in the banquet room, but you wanted to crop out the scenes of the actors, and just leave slimer, you can do that easily with the supplied software.

If you want to take the logo and have it move back and forth from left to right, if you can make the video, the topper will support it. If you are making a video, a couple things to keep in mind, for the most part:

1. If you make the background black, you have more of the sensation of 3D or flying.

2. Movement, weather it be left or right or back and forth also adds to the 3D effect.

3. If you have something in the foreground and something in the background, it also adds to the 3D effect. We have a lot of items that spin. Because of the spinning motion, you have things in the front and back, and spinning adds to the 3D effect.

If you are making a video and you are having the logo going from left to right, if you can make the logo have depth and tilt it slightly it would add to the effect. An example of depth adding 3D effect would be the the title AC/DC in the music videos.

The above posted Ghostbusters video is 24 separate videos I think. The topper will support 50 videos, and we have loaded 35 minutes on one microSD card, it was either an 8 or 16 gig card. Any videos on the card will automatically loop. If you had one video that you like, and you have the ending matching with the beginning, it will play seamlessly.

I hope I gave enough information to answer your question.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

This looks awesome! Will JJP POTC be a premium set?

Yes, that will be in the second set we are planning on doing. The way we designed the topper, the same model would work on either Stern of JJP. Probably be near the end of October.

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Oh hell yeah Great work Dan. Please add me to this list for a works Star Wars setup! My game has waited Long enough for a topper and I’m glad they took to long. Way cool creation just let me know how and where to pay! Bravo Mr.

Thank you. I should have the link for the Star Wars set up in a couple of days. I have a few more sets available to ship now, then it is going to be about a 2 week delay. If you want to order you can use this link:

LPM ULT TOPPER: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-topper/

LPM ULT WALL ART: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-wall-art/

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

I agree! I would love to order a setup for my potc!

In the basic set are 4 or 5 videos for potc, this one being my favorite:

All of the basic set is set up for download.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Got my wall mount version today, how do I go about getting the Premium Ghost Busters set? I'm not good with computers. Got a step by step I can follow.

Email Briana, at the email address on the pink paper that came with the fan, she will email you the location of the Ghostbusters set once we get them posted. The Ghostbusters set is done, if Dorian stays away, we should get that upload done in a few days. We live a couple miles from the coast on river, and our water height is already a foot higher then normal. We get pretty distracted when hurricanes get close.

Go to https://lightedpinballmods.com/topper-videos/ and log in, and go down the page to Instructions and click on "Downloading and converting videos"

We will then email you the location of the Premium set. On all Premium sets, we will email with the location when we have them up.

Wiggy07 is having a lot of fun with his, and he has used the supplied software to get clips from Star Wars and use on his topper. The same thing can be done with Ghostbusters if wanted. All software and video instructions are in the password protected area.

dorian (resized).jpgdorian (resized).jpg
#407 4 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Haven’t received mine yet but I would also like a step by step how to. As I suck using computers they are like a foreign language to me.

I will send you a password to the protected area. To try to avoid copyright issues, we don't ship with the videos installed, but they are available to download for a public forum.

Links to basic set and 5 instruction videos are in the password protected area.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Got mine today also, there is a lot of computer use on these so you guys might need to watch the instruction videos a few times.
I don't think the premium videos are ready yet, I think in the instructions it said they would be ready in 30 something days.

We are focusing on 21 sets in the first 35 or so days. We use the requests you give us as to what titles to focus on first. Ghostbusters, Stern Star Trek and Star Wars were most requested. If that is your requested set, they will be ready very soon. They are done, just need to be uploaded.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I will be more impressed if I can program a different imagine for all the different modes and attract mode in a game. A single imagine at all times, not for me.

The MicroSD card can hold 50 videos, so you can put a lot of content on the memory card. It will loop through all of the videos. Also we have put 35 minutes on a MicroSD card, so that is a lot of content.

The hardware we used does allow a video to be controlled by a wifi source. I know their are a lot of smart people in this community and I am sure having videos triggered by modes won't be hard for someone to do. I few people that we have talked to at shows felt they could do that.

THESE ARE NOT INTERACTIVE AT THIS TIME.

Below is a picture of the main menu of the 3D Hologram, you can see on the upper right it has WIFI capabilities. The list is from the GhostBusters selection. That is with the card in the fan. From the computer you can download and upload videos to the the card in the fan, and you can play a video from your computer. But you can see from this software, with someone that knows how to do it, they can make a interface that would allow these to be interactive. THEY ARE NOT INTERACTIVE AT THIS TIME.

We have talked to probably 400 people on these at New England and Atlanta shows, and NO ONE said they would be board with a single image. Even a single image of this is more memorizing then a standard topper just sitting their. Check out Pinball Supernovas video, he uses the word mesmerizing, but that is the work we hear the most in describing this topper. He also mention his sister thought it was cool, and she was not a pinball person. It is hard to find another topper that people would call memorizing. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that you have not seen these in person.

THESE ARE NOT INTERACTIVE AT THIS TIME.

The next 4 months I expect to be working on videos full time for this product. If no one has come out with an interactive interface that time we will make one.

224 wifi (resized).jpg224 wifi (resized).jpg
#411 4 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Has anyone know where I can see a vid or pic of the wall art?

We have a video that shows the difference between the wall mount and topper versions. The wall mount uses the aluminum bracket that gets mounted to the wall, and the fan just slides over the bracket. We recommend screwing the bracket into a stud.

But I don't have a picture of one mounted.

On the wall mount, we will have 2 accessories, both are on order but will take us a bit to get them. One is a 10 foot power cord extension with a 90 degree angle at the fan side, and the shield

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Hence my comment. Being interactive feels like the next step for this topper.

Yes, correct.

We are mainly focused on getting the videos done now. We need to get the videos done first, because this product without videos is not worth much.

Once we get a huge library of videos, we will work on the interactive part. Here are classic pinball words; we don't think to make it interactive will be that hard. We really don't think it will be that hard, but the videos have to be done first.

We designed this product with the future of being interactive. We were careful to choose every component to be interactive. To make it interactive would be an add-on accessory. So no reason not to purchase now. Set it up, play with it, put it on a few different games. If you want it interactive, get that next year when it is available.

Even with these not being interactive, the 3D Hologram effect and the ability to put clips from movies make this a huge upgrade over the current standard 2D toppers on the market. Plus, if you sell your game, just get another set of videos and you can put this on another game, you cannot say that about many other mods except for a colorDMD or quality glass.

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Awesome. Order placed. I look forward to seeing Star Wars Finally with a topper worthy of the game!! Thanks

Thank you.

Probably the highest level of praise is to have a mod maker purchase a mod, and you have some of the nicest play field mods I have seen. Love your Wonka, Houdini and Munsters stuff.

The Star Wars library will be up when you get your topper delivered. Wiggy07 (pinballsupernova) wanted this specifically for Star Wars, and he has already downloaded some clips from the movies and put them on the topper, and they look great.

For copyright we won't copy and send movie clips, but we will supply the software and tell you how to do it and it is pretty simple. We did the crawl in just a few minutes. Star Wars scenes look great on this topper, because the space back adds to the 3D effect.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I guess I will have a fan Tuesday and no password. That sucks.

You will get the password with the fan, The password is packaged with the fan for the manuals, software and the basic set. The Basic set has about 600 videos. It will also tell you how to get videos from nearly any videos on the Internet, so you will get a lot when you get your product. Your premium set of videos may take a bit to get, those are my biggest focus.

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While not the same similar to the color dmd I appreciate that you created an affordable (in pinball) mod that is universal and gives the user the ability to use it on other titles should their tastes change in time. Love options like this and you really did (even if you didn’t invent it lol) provide a wonderful plug and play creative option that the user can further add to to make it personalized and unique. Applause to you and wish you all the best. Thank You!

Thank you very much, and I will share these kind words with everyone here.

#422 4 years ago

The things that tie into Monster Bash, such as the mummy, Frankenstein (I think) and the Tesla Coils are all in the basic set. We will be making a premium set for Monster Bash, but that will probably be about 2 to 3 months out.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

What a stellar piece of consumer electronics! I'm getting one!

Thank you

#424 4 years ago

I was watching it last night, and I got a little sidetracked, just the intro. I will put this in the basic set.

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

When will the Monster Bash topper video I watched on YouTube be available?

Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

The things that tie into Monster Bash, such as the mummy, Frankenstein (I think) and the Tesla Coils are all in the basic set. We will be making a premium set for Monster Bash, but that will probably be about 2 to 3 months out. The entire basic set is available now.

#426 4 years ago

Here is the premium set for Jurassic Park, it will be available to download in a few days.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So can we check out the premium sets before we pick them? I am contemplating 3 different sets.

Yes.

I will arrange our youtube page better and put the premium sets in one area so they can be viewed easier. It will take some time to make the premium sets, but as I make them, they will get posted. You will get the location of one set with the purchase of your fan, but if you want the location of an additional set, without a fan it will be $19.99.

If you get a fan now, but not sure which premium set you want, that is not a problem. Their is plenty to do with these before you get a premium set. We will keep track of your purchases and when you know what premium set you want, email us, and we will email you the location. We are focusing on those 21 first titles. After that I will do another set of titles, I will be focusing on the games with the highest demand (or my favorites like The Shadow).

All of the videos will be on youtube, when I say location, we will give you a youtube account that has those set of videos. We are having the videos on youtube, because if an IP holder has an issue with a video, they can have it easily removed.

#429 4 years ago

Just a heads up, our county was just was put under an evacuation order, so nothing ships till Thursday at the earliest. If Dorian stays on its path, everything should be fine. I hope the track goes further East for everyone's sake.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from maphreal:

Litedpinballmods
Just thought I'd let y'all know, I woke up this morning to find that my topper had flipped over and hit the translite on my Iron Maiden due to the velcro letting go on the sticky side. Luckily the power cord kept it from falling all the way to the playfield glass. And yes, I cleaned before I installed the velcro.
Nothing is broke, damaged or scratched. Fan still works too. It held up there for a couple weeks just fine, and I only run the fan while I'm playing the game. I'd hate to think what it would have done if it was running and did that while I was asleep.
Anyways, not complaining or anything. Just thought y'all might wanna look into different velcro. I just went with 4 pieces of 15lb 4"x2" strips and so far so good.

Thank you for the update. Sorry for the issue. We will look into that. Could you give me a bit more information if you remember. Did it unstick from the bottom of the base or from the top of the back box? We ran a lot of tests on the Velcro, we had things hanging all over our shop for months with velcro. We have used them and it takes all of my strength to get them off, I wonder if either the base or the top of the game was dusty. It is possible that their was some dust on our base, we will chemically clean the bottom of the bases before shipping from now on.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Good luck with Dorian!
Received and install mine, neat![quoted image]

Thank you, yours was the first we shipped, and I am sorry I did not get to you it in time for your wife's birthday. The Ghostbuster premium set is ready to upload, but the person that uploads the files won't be here for a few days because of the weather. Their is about twice as many videos on the set we will upload then what you have and we will PM you the location once they are uploaded.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is that slimer from the premium pack?
That really looks great!

The basic set has a very good slimer and a Ghostbusters logo on it.

You can look at the basic set at (these are not for downloading to your topper):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3zsOX-4hJzEudGFGsSm3Tg

Ghostbusters is either in horror or other. Other is the biggest category and has a lot of the specific pinball themed stuff.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from maphreal:

The rear strip came off the base, the front was mostly attached to the base. I'm guessing the rear let go and the front wasn't enough to hold it. I did wipe down both surfaces before applying though.
Also any chance of y'all making an acrylic/plexiglass box for these to help with noise? I'm considering making one myself but I'm also lazy. The noise isn't horrible but it's definitely distracting in my small gameroom.

Yes, we have made the shield for the wall mount, and we will have the one for the topper in the computer, we just have not gotten a chance to make them yet.

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have looked through all the videos on your website, and I am not seeing any Ghostbusters in the basic set. Can someone point me in the write direction?
Edit: I found it in horror in the link above, but it is not in the basic set to put on the fan. Were those 2 clips moved to the premium sets?

I see, thank you. I will get it in the basic set in the horror section in next few days.

#448 4 years ago

Sorry for any delays.

We were in a mandatory evacuation area. We got hit with about $40,000 in damages from Hurricane Irma 2 years ago, and because we are a low lying lot in our county and are on the river, just a couple miles from the coast, we take hurricanes very seriously. Also our employees are in this county, they had to leave. It was very minor damage in this county, but everything in our offices and shop gets raised off the floor, windows get boarded up and some sand bags.

Not all employees will be in today and computers and office needs to get reset up. I am not sure if we will be able to get emails answered today (we have about 200), but everything will get caught up very soon.

If you question our location, just google our city or county.

Here are a couple pictures from 2 years ago of our shop (at low tide do to storm surge) and our pool. This storm was nothing compared to that storm, but a lot of prevention work has to be done before a potential storm, and a lot of work has to be done before we can start work again. We should be 100% Friday.

0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg0911171644_resized (resized).jpg0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#480 4 years ago

Iron Maiden. This set has some of my personal favorites.

#483 4 years ago

Updates.

These premium sets are ready for upload:

1. Jurassic Park
2. Star Wars
3. Deadpool
4. Ghostbusters
5. Stern Star Trek

These are done and will be ready for upload in a few days:

1. Iron Maiden
2. Batman 66
3. Willy Wonka
4. The Munsters
5. World Cup Soccer

If you wanted one of the above premium sets, PM us and we will get you the link.

Sets we are working on now:

1. Creature From the Black Lagoon
2. Scared Stiff
3. Terminator
4. Twilight Zone
5. Iron Man
6. Indiana Jones

We canceled going to York because we have been so busy.

We will be in Chicago and will have 8 or more of these on display and will have some stock. We also should have the wall art shield and the topper shield in stock at the show.

A title that has moved up on the to do list is Elvira House of Horrors, we will have it ready for Chicago.

As a side note we will have a supply of PDI glass. You can verify with Joey at PDI that he supplies me to sell at shows.

I have not checked this thread in about 10 days and will get caught up on any questions.

We don't sell the videos. We do make videos to support this product. When you purchase a Hologram fan, we direct you to the location of the videos. Videos are subject to change.

Please PM us if you need the location of a set of videos.

Thanks
Dan

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So all those shown on that page are in the basic set and will play when I turn it on?

They are in the basic set, and you can download them. The hologram fans will only hold 50 videos at one time.

#486 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Definitely need 8 ft clearance? Im about 7'4" ceiling height in my basement...

No, I am sorry, it won't fit. It could be mounted to the wall behind the machine, but you would lose the botton few inches of the hologram. We tried real hard to get the blade to drop lower, but caused a lot of cavitation. 7' 6" is the lowest ceiling you should go.

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Do you have video of Deadpool topper? Thank you.

Yes, a few posts above.

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

With the programs they give you with the topper, you can easily make that into one of your images. I have played around with it a little and it's easy to crop videos to what you want.

Yes, thank you. We tried to supply programs that were easy to use. What you can do is really limitless.

#489 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry dumb question while I'm waiting for this awesome topper to arrive. In watching some of the Star Wars (as an example) topper images many appear rectangular full left to right but the top and bottom are simply flat like a tv screen. Would it be possible to zoom in on the image so it fills the entire round topper projection area? Not sure if that makes sense but seems like it would look really cool if say the light speed video actually looked more like a round light tunnel than a rectangle. Just wondering if any of the savvy owners have figured out a way to use the whole projection area.

Yes. One of the programs allow you to crop videos to make them more square to remove the rectangle look. The program is pretty easy to use. In the editor about 1/3 of the way across the top is a section called "cutting and splitting" then crop, it is pretty easy.

On the videos I supply, they are ready to play without the need of using the editor. If you are downloading your own videos, you probably will want to use the editor.

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

haven't heard from him In awhile, hope everything is ok

Thank you, yes, everything is fine, just been very busy.

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Is Spiderman in the works? Premium kit

Yes. The premium sets are taking a bit longer then originally expected. We are going to try to get Spiderman premium done before Chicago, but it will be close.

#493 4 years ago

So after spending multiple hours tinkering on videos and playing around with this fan I can say this is the coolest gadget I've bought in a very long time. If anyone is on the fence about buying one of these, don't hesitate. It's just awesome. All of the videos online of this in action don't do it justice.
I'm using it as a display piece in my home arcade right now. I've installed multiple videos of arcade games, pinball theme characters, pinball logos, etc..
I'm actually debating on buying another one just for the sole purpose of a Batman 66 topper. The BM66 videos are fantastic!
Nick

Thank You. It is a cool toy, and so much can be done with it.

#494 4 years ago

All orders should be shipped. PM us and we can verify and check tracking.

Thanks
Dan

#502 4 years ago

I emailed Dan but will also post here.
The image is shifted clockwise on my fan. It has been from day one. Is there a way to adjust it? It needs to be turned counter clockwise so that it's level. Don't know if that's possible.

We have noticed that will level out most of the way over the first 5 minutes, but their is still a little slant. It is only noticeable on videos that have a straight line on the bottom, which I would estimate is about 2% of the videos that we supply. I think it is the nature of the beast.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I think the little remote with the up and down arrow keys that came with the unit we'll tweak that[quoted image]

That looks great on that game. We tired to make a good selection of videos for the basic set at first for games such as Space Shuttle. We are going to be focusing on premium sets for the next few months, then we will go back and start adding videos to the basic set.

Comments of wanted videos are very helpful to us. I am sure we will get a lot of feedback at Chicago, and I take notes. But comments are helpful.

Thanks

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Dan, I left a message on your website a few weeks ago. Can you put me on the list?

I am sorry, not sure what happened, but I will follow up with my email person. If you have a question, you can PM us here, but my email person is part time, so it sometimes takes a couple of days to get a reply, and I don't regularly come to this thread.

We have not listed these on our website yet because we are still filling orders here. If you want to order, you can order from these links, and email us what premium set you want.

LPM ULT TOPPER: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-topper/

LPM ULT WALL ART: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-wall-art/

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Word of caution. I put the SD card back into the fan and accidentally put it in at an angle and it fell straight inside the fan arms. I can hear it rattling around but it stops when the fan is at full speed. There is no apparent easy way to take it apart. Be sure when you put it back it in,do so carefully.

Yes, you need to make sure you put the card in straight, their is a slight gap in the casing. The one person that posted an issue with theirs was because of that from the factory. We now run and test all units before shipping.

They blades pop apart pretty easy. I was able to use my fingernail to separate the end of one arm, then slowly pull apart till you get to the center hub. Then do the same thing on the other arm. When both arms are loose, you can pop the center apart and the front comes right off. Then it clicks back into place.

1 fan (resized).jpg1 fan (resized).jpg1 fan 1 (resized).jpg1 fan 1 (resized).jpg1 fan 2 (resized).jpg1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
#508 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Ok, with the new GB code the back box light goes off and on a lot. This is where I have my sensor for my topper, so it keeps freezing from restarting so often.
Not sure what to do now.

It can be put next to any light, I often us a GI light and have this right next to it, also we put it next to the coin door light often. Also check you pedometer, and dial it to be more sensitive.

We have used that relay for a few different mods, and have a few thousand of them out their.

Thanks
Dan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 103.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Litedpinballmods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this?tu=Litedpinballmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.