(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcp (resized).JPG
EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpg
F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It doesn't work like that. It cycles through however many images you put on it. It's not interactive to game play

Hence my comment. Being interactive feels like the next step for this topper.

#402 4 years ago

Yesterday I posted a video showing off Lighted Pinball Mods new 3D hologram topper. In this video I am going to demonstrate how to create custom videos for the topper and also show off the results.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/09/01/mods-tutorial-on-creating-custom-video-for-lpm-3d-hologram-pinball-topper-video/

YouTube Video :

1111 (resized).jpg1111 (resized).jpg2222 (resized).jpg2222 (resized).jpg3333 (resized).jpg3333 (resized).jpg4444 (resized).jpg4444 (resized).jpgTitle (resized).jpgTitle (resized).jpg
#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

This looks awesome! Will JJP POTC be a premium set?

Yes, that will be in the second set we are planning on doing. The way we designed the topper, the same model would work on either Stern of JJP. Probably be near the end of October.

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Oh hell yeah Great work Dan. Please add me to this list for a works Star Wars setup! My game has waited Long enough for a topper and I’m glad they took to long. Way cool creation just let me know how and where to pay! Bravo Mr.

Thank you. I should have the link for the Star Wars set up in a couple of days. I have a few more sets available to ship now, then it is going to be about a 2 week delay. If you want to order you can use this link:

LPM ULT TOPPER: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-topper/

LPM ULT WALL ART: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-wall-art/

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

I agree! I would love to order a setup for my potc!

In the basic set are 4 or 5 videos for potc, this one being my favorite:

All of the basic set is set up for download.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Got my wall mount version today, how do I go about getting the Premium Ghost Busters set? I'm not good with computers. Got a step by step I can follow.

Email Briana, at the email address on the pink paper that came with the fan, she will email you the location of the Ghostbusters set once we get them posted. The Ghostbusters set is done, if Dorian stays away, we should get that upload done in a few days. We live a couple miles from the coast on river, and our water height is already a foot higher then normal. We get pretty distracted when hurricanes get close.

Go to https://lightedpinballmods.com/topper-videos/ and log in, and go down the page to Instructions and click on "Downloading and converting videos"

We will then email you the location of the Premium set. On all Premium sets, we will email with the location when we have them up.

Wiggy07 is having a lot of fun with his, and he has used the supplied software to get clips from Star Wars and use on his topper. The same thing can be done with Ghostbusters if wanted. All software and video instructions are in the password protected area.

dorian (resized).jpgdorian (resized).jpg
#407 4 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Haven’t received mine yet but I would also like a step by step how to. As I suck using computers they are like a foreign language to me.

I will send you a password to the protected area. To try to avoid copyright issues, we don't ship with the videos installed, but they are available to download for a public forum.

Links to basic set and 5 instruction videos are in the password protected area.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Got mine today also, there is a lot of computer use on these so you guys might need to watch the instruction videos a few times.
I don't think the premium videos are ready yet, I think in the instructions it said they would be ready in 30 something days.

We are focusing on 21 sets in the first 35 or so days. We use the requests you give us as to what titles to focus on first. Ghostbusters, Stern Star Trek and Star Wars were most requested. If that is your requested set, they will be ready very soon. They are done, just need to be uploaded.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I will be more impressed if I can program a different imagine for all the different modes and attract mode in a game. A single imagine at all times, not for me.

The MicroSD card can hold 50 videos, so you can put a lot of content on the memory card. It will loop through all of the videos. Also we have put 35 minutes on a MicroSD card, so that is a lot of content.

The hardware we used does allow a video to be controlled by a wifi source. I know their are a lot of smart people in this community and I am sure having videos triggered by modes won't be hard for someone to do. I few people that we have talked to at shows felt they could do that.

THESE ARE NOT INTERACTIVE AT THIS TIME.

Below is a picture of the main menu of the 3D Hologram, you can see on the upper right it has WIFI capabilities. The list is from the GhostBusters selection. That is with the card in the fan. From the computer you can download and upload videos to the the card in the fan, and you can play a video from your computer. But you can see from this software, with someone that knows how to do it, they can make a interface that would allow these to be interactive. THEY ARE NOT INTERACTIVE AT THIS TIME.

We have talked to probably 400 people on these at New England and Atlanta shows, and NO ONE said they would be board with a single image. Even a single image of this is more memorizing then a standard topper just sitting their. Check out Pinball Supernovas video, he uses the word mesmerizing, but that is the work we hear the most in describing this topper. He also mention his sister thought it was cool, and she was not a pinball person. It is hard to find another topper that people would call memorizing. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that you have not seen these in person.

THESE ARE NOT INTERACTIVE AT THIS TIME.

The next 4 months I expect to be working on videos full time for this product. If no one has come out with an interactive interface that time we will make one.

224 wifi (resized).jpg224 wifi (resized).jpg
#410 4 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I will send you a password to the protected area. To try to avoid copyright issues, we don't ship with the videos installed, but they are available to download for a public forum.
Links to basic set and 5 instruction videos are in the password protected area.

Does my password come with my fan ?

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Has anyone know where I can see a vid or pic of the wall art?

We have a video that shows the difference between the wall mount and topper versions. The wall mount uses the aluminum bracket that gets mounted to the wall, and the fan just slides over the bracket. We recommend screwing the bracket into a stud.

But I don't have a picture of one mounted.

On the wall mount, we will have 2 accessories, both are on order but will take us a bit to get them. One is a 10 foot power cord extension with a 90 degree angle at the fan side, and the shield

#412 4 years ago

Thank you. I should have the link for the Star Wars set up in a couple of days. I have a few more sets available to ship now, then it is going to be about a 2 week delay. If you want to order you can use this link:
LPM ULT TOPPER: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-topper/
LPM ULT WALL ART: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-wall-art/

Awesome. Order placed. I look forward to seeing Star Wars Finally with a topper worthy of the game!! Thanks

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Hence my comment. Being interactive feels like the next step for this topper.

Yes, correct.

We are mainly focused on getting the videos done now. We need to get the videos done first, because this product without videos is not worth much.

Once we get a huge library of videos, we will work on the interactive part. Here are classic pinball words; we don't think to make it interactive will be that hard. We really don't think it will be that hard, but the videos have to be done first.

We designed this product with the future of being interactive. We were careful to choose every component to be interactive. To make it interactive would be an add-on accessory. So no reason not to purchase now. Set it up, play with it, put it on a few different games. If you want it interactive, get that next year when it is available.

Even with these not being interactive, the 3D Hologram effect and the ability to put clips from movies make this a huge upgrade over the current standard 2D toppers on the market. Plus, if you sell your game, just get another set of videos and you can put this on another game, you cannot say that about many other mods except for a colorDMD or quality glass.

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Awesome. Order placed. I look forward to seeing Star Wars Finally with a topper worthy of the game!! Thanks

Thank you.

Probably the highest level of praise is to have a mod maker purchase a mod, and you have some of the nicest play field mods I have seen. Love your Wonka, Houdini and Munsters stuff.

The Star Wars library will be up when you get your topper delivered. Wiggy07 (pinballsupernova) wanted this specifically for Star Wars, and he has already downloaded some clips from the movies and put them on the topper, and they look great.

For copyright we won't copy and send movie clips, but we will supply the software and tell you how to do it and it is pretty simple. We did the crawl in just a few minutes. Star Wars scenes look great on this topper, because the space back adds to the 3D effect.

#415 4 years ago

I guess I will have a fan Tuesday and no password. That sucks.

#416 4 years ago

Thank you.
Probably the highest level of praise is to have a mod maker purchase a mod, and you have some of the nicest play field mods I have seen. Love your Wonka, Houdini and Munsters stuff.
The Star Wars library will be up when you get your topper delivered. Wiggy07 (pinballsupernova) wanted this specifically for Star Wars, and he has already downloaded some clips from the movies and put them on the topper, and they look great.
For copyright we won't copy and send movie clips, but we will supply the software and tell you how to do it and it is pretty simple. We did the crawl in just a few minutes. Star Wars scenes look great on this topper, because the space back adds to the 3D effect.

While not the same similar to the color dmd I appreciate that you created an affordable (in pinball) mod that is universal and gives the user the ability to use it on other titles should their tastes change in time. Love options like this and you really did (even if you didn’t invent it lol) provide a wonderful plug and play creative option that the user can further add to to make it personalized and unique. Applause to you and wish you all the best. Thank You!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#417 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I guess I will have a fan Tuesday and no password. That sucks.

You will get the password with the fan, The password is packaged with the fan for the manuals, software and the basic set. The Basic set has about 600 videos. It will also tell you how to get videos from nearly any videos on the Internet, so you will get a lot when you get your product. Your premium set of videos may take a bit to get, those are my biggest focus.

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While not the same similar to the color dmd I appreciate that you created an affordable (in pinball) mod that is universal and gives the user the ability to use it on other titles should their tastes change in time. Love options like this and you really did (even if you didn’t invent it lol) provide a wonderful plug and play creative option that the user can further add to to make it personalized and unique. Applause to you and wish you all the best. Thank You!

Thank you very much, and I will share these kind words with everyone here.

#419 4 years ago

You will get the password with the fan, The password is packaged with the fan for the manuals, software and the basic set. The Basic set has about 600 videos. It will also tell you how to get videos from nearly any videos on the Internet, so you will get a lot when you get your product. Your premium set of videos may take a bit to get, those are my biggest focus.

Thanks.

#420 4 years ago

What a stellar piece of consumer electronics! I'm getting one!

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

When will the Monster Bash topper video I watched on YouTube be available?

#422 4 years ago

The things that tie into Monster Bash, such as the mummy, Frankenstein (I think) and the Tesla Coils are all in the basic set. We will be making a premium set for Monster Bash, but that will probably be about 2 to 3 months out.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Thank you

#424 4 years ago

I was watching it last night, and I got a little sidetracked, just the intro. I will put this in the basic set.

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

When will the Monster Bash topper video I watched on YouTube be available?

The things that tie into Monster Bash, such as the mummy, Frankenstein (I think) and the Tesla Coils are all in the basic set. We will be making a premium set for Monster Bash, but that will probably be about 2 to 3 months out. The entire basic set is available now.

#426 4 years ago

Here is the premium set for Jurassic Park, it will be available to download in a few days.

#427 4 years ago

So can we check out the premium sets before we pick them? I am contemplating 3 different sets.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So can we check out the premium sets before we pick them? I am contemplating 3 different sets.

Yes.

I will arrange our youtube page better and put the premium sets in one area so they can be viewed easier. It will take some time to make the premium sets, but as I make them, they will get posted. You will get the location of one set with the purchase of your fan, but if you want the location of an additional set, without a fan it will be $19.99.

If you get a fan now, but not sure which premium set you want, that is not a problem. Their is plenty to do with these before you get a premium set. We will keep track of your purchases and when you know what premium set you want, email us, and we will email you the location. We are focusing on those 21 first titles. After that I will do another set of titles, I will be focusing on the games with the highest demand (or my favorites like The Shadow).

All of the videos will be on youtube, when I say location, we will give you a youtube account that has those set of videos. We are having the videos on youtube, because if an IP holder has an issue with a video, they can have it easily removed.

#429 4 years ago

Just a heads up, our county was just was put under an evacuation order, so nothing ships till Thursday at the earliest. If Dorian stays on its path, everything should be fine. I hope the track goes further East for everyone's sake.

#430 4 years ago

Just a heads up, our county was just was put under an evacuation order, so nothing ships till Thursday at the earliest. If Dorian stays on its path, everything should be fine. I hope the track goes further East for everyone's sake.

Be safe family first. Nobody needs a pinball part that bad. Wish you luck stay safe.

#431 4 years ago

Litedpinballmods

Just thought I'd let y'all know, I woke up this morning to find that my topper had flipped over and hit the translite on my Iron Maiden due to the velcro letting go on the sticky side. Luckily the power cord kept it from falling all the way to the playfield glass. And yes, I cleaned before I installed the velcro.

Nothing is broke, damaged or scratched. Fan still works too. It held up there for a couple weeks just fine, and I only run the fan while I'm playing the game. I'd hate to think what it would have done if it was running and did that while I was asleep.

Anyways, not complaining or anything. Just thought y'all might wanna look into different velcro. I just went with 4 pieces of 15lb 4"x2" strips and so far so good.

#432 4 years ago

Good luck with Dorian!

Received and install mine, neat!

20190902_155827 (resized).jpg20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#433 4 years ago

Is that slimer from the premium pack?
That really looks great!

#434 4 years ago

Yep it is
It was a gift for my wife (gb is hers) and she loves it!

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from maphreal:

Litedpinballmods
Just thought I'd let y'all know, I woke up this morning to find that my topper had flipped over and hit the translite on my Iron Maiden due to the velcro letting go on the sticky side. Luckily the power cord kept it from falling all the way to the playfield glass. And yes, I cleaned before I installed the velcro.
Nothing is broke, damaged or scratched. Fan still works too. It held up there for a couple weeks just fine, and I only run the fan while I'm playing the game. I'd hate to think what it would have done if it was running and did that while I was asleep.
Anyways, not complaining or anything. Just thought y'all might wanna look into different velcro. I just went with 4 pieces of 15lb 4"x2" strips and so far so good.

Thank you for the update. Sorry for the issue. We will look into that. Could you give me a bit more information if you remember. Did it unstick from the bottom of the base or from the top of the back box? We ran a lot of tests on the Velcro, we had things hanging all over our shop for months with velcro. We have used them and it takes all of my strength to get them off, I wonder if either the base or the top of the game was dusty. It is possible that their was some dust on our base, we will chemically clean the bottom of the bases before shipping from now on.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Good luck with Dorian!
Received and install mine, neat![quoted image]

Thank you, yours was the first we shipped, and I am sorry I did not get to you it in time for your wife's birthday. The Ghostbuster premium set is ready to upload, but the person that uploads the files won't be here for a few days because of the weather. Their is about twice as many videos on the set we will upload then what you have and we will PM you the location once they are uploaded.

#437 4 years ago

Thank you, yours was the first we shipped, and I am sorry I did not get to you it in time for your wife's birthday.

It's fine, she loved anyway! But had to buy a moleskin pen and notebooks to make her wait though

Neat to be the first, thanks a lot!

And be cautious with the hurricane. Have family in Orlando, hope it'll be ok for them.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is that slimer from the premium pack?
That really looks great!

The basic set has a very good slimer and a Ghostbusters logo on it.

You can look at the basic set at (these are not for downloading to your topper):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3zsOX-4hJzEudGFGsSm3Tg

Ghostbusters is either in horror or other. Other is the biggest category and has a lot of the specific pinball themed stuff.

#439 4 years ago

Thank you for the update. Sorry for the issue. We will look into that. Could you give me a bit more information if you remember. Did it unstick from the bottom of the base or from the top of the back box? We ran a lot of tests on the Velcro, we had things hanging all over our shop for months with velcro. We have used them and it takes all of my strength to get them off, I wonder if either the base or the top of the game was dusty. It is possible that their was some dust on our base, we will chemically clean the bottom of the bases before shipping from now on.

The rear strip came off the base, the front was mostly attached to the base. I'm guessing the rear let go and the front wasn't enough to hold it. I did wipe down both surfaces before applying though.

Also any chance of y'all making an acrylic/plexiglass box for these to help with noise? I'm considering making one myself but I'm also lazy. The noise isn't horrible but it's definitely distracting in my small gameroom.

#440 4 years ago

You can look at the basic set at (these are not for downloading to your topper):
Ghostbusters is either in horror or other. Other is the biggest category and has a lot of the specific pinball themed stuff.

I have looked through all the videos on your website, and I am not seeing any Ghostbusters in the basic set. Can someone point me in the write direction?

Edit: I found it in horror in the link above, but it is not in the basic set to put on the fan. Were those 2 clips moved to the premium sets?

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from maphreal:

The rear strip came off the base, the front was mostly attached to the base. I'm guessing the rear let go and the front wasn't enough to hold it. I did wipe down both surfaces before applying though.
Also any chance of y'all making an acrylic/plexiglass box for these to help with noise? I'm considering making one myself but I'm also lazy. The noise isn't horrible but it's definitely distracting in my small gameroom.

Yes, we have made the shield for the wall mount, and we will have the one for the topper in the computer, we just have not gotten a chance to make them yet.

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have looked through all the videos on your website, and I am not seeing any Ghostbusters in the basic set. Can someone point me in the write direction?
Edit: I found it in horror in the link above, but it is not in the basic set to put on the fan. Were those 2 clips moved to the premium sets?

I see, thank you. I will get it in the basic set in the horror section in next few days.

#443 4 years ago

Have all packages been shipped by now? Thanks

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Have all packages been shipped by now? Thanks

I have also asked this question via PM but not yet received a response. I’m in Australia and he’s dealing with a hurricane so maybe there’s good reason why there’s been no answer to my messages. But I would like to know...

#445 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

I have also asked this question via PM but not yet received a response. I’m in Australia and he’s dealing with a hurricane so maybe there’s good reason why there’s been no answer to my messages. But I would like to know...

He did post in post #429 that he is in a hurricane evacuation area so I suspect he's relocated somewhere safe with his family to make toppers when the coast is clear.

#446 4 years ago

My topper was DOA but I haven't heard back from him yet. I hope he and his family are getting through the storm ok.

#447 4 years ago

Was pm him all last week I paid said if I paid fight away be sent out last Monday no reply’s??

#448 4 years ago

Sorry for any delays.

We were in a mandatory evacuation area. We got hit with about $40,000 in damages from Hurricane Irma 2 years ago, and because we are a low lying lot in our county and are on the river, just a couple miles from the coast, we take hurricanes very seriously. Also our employees are in this county, they had to leave. It was very minor damage in this county, but everything in our offices and shop gets raised off the floor, windows get boarded up and some sand bags.

Not all employees will be in today and computers and office needs to get reset up. I am not sure if we will be able to get emails answered today (we have about 200), but everything will get caught up very soon.

If you question our location, just google our city or county.

Here are a couple pictures from 2 years ago of our shop (at low tide do to storm surge) and our pool. This storm was nothing compared to that storm, but a lot of prevention work has to be done before a potential storm, and a lot of work has to be done before we can start work again. We should be 100% Friday.

0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg0911171644_resized (resized).jpg0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
#449 4 years ago

Thanks for the update, glad you guys missed the worst of it

#450 4 years ago

So all those shown on that page are in the basic set and will play when I turn it on?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this/page/9?hl=apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.