(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcp (resized).JPG
EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpg
F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Impressive. Most impressive. I resolved my height issues wanted to make sure I'm still in the list thanks

Thank you, but they look 10 times better in person then they do on video.

Yes I have you on the list. I should start sending invoices in a few days.

Dan

#352 4 years ago

Please add me to your list

#353 4 years ago

Just waiting to see what Star Wars content you have before I jump on board

#355 4 years ago

wrong thread

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Just waiting to see what Star Wars content you have before I jump on board

That is fine. Star Wars will be one of our larger premium sets with 25 or more videos. Most other games will be less. Wonka, for example will just have 6 or so.

Once we get the basic stuff set up, we will be working on the premium sets. Star Wars is one of the sets that we did early. I don't have the time to divide the videos right now, but all 25 videos are posted back to back on the video on post #349 on this thread.

Also in the basic set their are some planets and space videos that can also be used with Star Wars

So I should take you off the list for now?

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

That is fine. Star Wars will be one of our larger premium sets with 25 or more videos. Most other games will be less. Wonka, for example will just have 6 or so.
Once we get the basic stuff set up, we will be working on the premium sets. Star Wars is one of the sets that we did early. I don't have the time to divide the videos right now, but all 25 videos are posted back to back on the video on post #349 on this thread.
Also in the basic set their are some planets and space videos that can also be used with Star Wars
So I should take you off the list for now?

No, I would prefer to be on the list.

Those videos are a good start. I particularly liked the Imperial Shuttle flyby which seemed to give a nice 3D effect. The trench run was also nice.

Hopefully some additional videos will be forthcoming from you and/or the community. Some that come to mind for me include:
- the Star Destroyer flyover at the beginning of episode IV
- the firing of the proton torpedos and detonation of the Death Star
- the animated Death Star attack plans
- the asteroid field from ESB
- entering and exiting hyperspace
- exploding Tie Fighters
- the Falcon flying through all the Tie Fighters in RotJ

In other words, there is a ton of good stuff to add.

#358 4 years ago

I think the crawl would look amazing in this format

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

No, I would prefer to be on the list.
Those videos are a good start. I particularly liked the Imperial Shuttle flyby which seemed to give a nice 3D effect. The trench run was also nice.
Hopefully some additional videos will be forthcoming from you and/or the community. Some that come to mind for me include:
- the Star Destroyer flyover at the beginning of episode IV
- the firing of the proton torpedos and detonation of the Death Star
- the animated Death Star attack plans
- the asteroid field from ESB
- entering and exiting hyperspace
- exploding Tie Fighters
- the Falcon flying through all the Tie Fighters in RotJ
In other words, there is a ton of good stuff to add.

One of the videos of the Falcon flying by made me jump when I saw it on the Hologram LED fan.

Yes, their are a ton of options on this game. We have a good asteroid field, a spinning asteroid and a hyperspace in the basic set. All of the videos look 10 times better in person then on video. You will also get software that will allow you to download online videos, and another piece of software that will let you clip parts of a video, so it gives you a lot to play with on your own. We tried to avoid taking moving clips.

#360 4 years ago

I think I have a crawl in one of my videos not completed. They are slightly different depending on the release date. They changed them slightly when they did the updated release of the movies.

Even though I keep quoting 300 in the basic set, it is closer to 600 videos, because some videos are similar, but different, like the dragons. In the premium sets we have about 300 other videos done, and about 200 other videos at different level of competition. Their will be over 1,000 videos done in a month, it has been quite a large project.

#361 4 years ago

Here is an example of the crawl. I am not sure if this will be in the set or not, but with supplied software, this only took about 10 minutes to make. I centered the text in the widest point of the fan, if I did it again, I would probably drop the text lower.

#362 4 years ago

Please put me on the list too!

#364 4 years ago

Remember, they all look 10 times better in person. Also, I will be adding to this collection as time goes on.

This is a link to the viewing of the basic collection. This will come with all purchases, plus you will get a premium collection. I tried to make sure all videos that were at shows are in this collection.

When you purchase, you will be given a different location to download videos.

Nearly 600 videos, have fun:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3zsOX-4hJzEudGFGsSm3Tg

#365 4 years ago

A few updates. Yes, we fell a few days behind schedule.

We got examples of most videos in the basic videos posted on youtube, see above.

We are finishing instructional videos and other videos today.

Here is a video explaining on what you get and the difference between Ultimate Topper components and Ultimate Wall Art components:

Installation video:

Both of the above videos will be linked from the password protected area on our website. Instructions for the software will be on the password protected area on our website.

We should start taking payments and shipping, very soon.

#366 4 years ago

Paid for ours at Pintastic, Will the preorders be shipping first?
Thanks!

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Pitanh:

Paid for ours at Pintastic, Will the preorders be shipping first?
Thanks!

Yes, all preorders will go out within 24 hours.

#368 4 years ago

Good videos. I’ll be the first to point out it’s a “potentiometer”, not “pedometer”

Seriously, thanks for bringing this to market. I was one of the first to sign up and can’t wait to get it (getting two).

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Good videos. I’ll be the first to point out it’s a “potentiometer”, not “pedometer”
Seriously, thanks for bringing this to market. I was one of the first to sign up and can’t wait to get it (getting two).

Thank you. I probably spent a bit more time on the videos then I needed, but I wanted to try to answer most of the questions on them.

A lot of loose ends are getting wrapped up. I have a pile of these ready to ship, and all of the basic set videos are made, and all of the video manuals are made. Just a few more things left to do. I hope to start sending out invoices Wednesday or Thursday.

Then I will be working on making the premium sets, which is what I am looking forward to doing.

Dan

#370 4 years ago

Finishing some loose ends. The question came up about a month ago about hiding the power cord better or getting the Ultimate Topper or Ultimate Wall Art to match the wall better. Here is a video of how we painted the Topper and power cord, all supplies were purchased at Lowes. The results came out very good.

This video shows a fer videos from the Jurassic Park Premium Set. The Jurassic Park Premium set will have about 25 videos in it.

In 3 to 4 days we should have the password section set up and all of the basic set available for download.

#371 4 years ago

Are these for sale yet? Will you send PMs to this on the waitlist (I’m near the top)?

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Are these for sale yet? Will you send PMs to this on the waitlist (I’m near the top)?

We are making a listing on our website today, and will be sending links to people on the list today.

#373 4 years ago

Just paid! Cant wait to check this out!
Thanks

#374 4 years ago

Sorry but I do know how loud these are Thanks. One may not be as bad noise wise. But more then one would be, These are noisy items when on. These blades spine at around 2200 rpm's ( does a desk fan spin a those rpm's NO, So much for your common sense theory) so the noise will be there.

#375 4 years ago

Pinball machines are pretty loud too. Some say even louder!

#376 4 years ago

Let the games begin! Order in!

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Sorry but I do know how loud these are Thanks. One may not be as bad noise wise. But more then one would be, These are noisy items when on. These blades spine at around 2200 rpm's ( does a desk fan spin a those rpm's NO, So much for your common sense theory) so the noise will be there.

These spin at 1,100 RPM, maybe you are thinking of an older model or larger model. Larger models have to spin at a faster speed because the light has to move farther to give the same effect. The painting video has the fan running while we are talking, and we have a tile floor and an 8' ceiling. We even asked people about the sound at the show, not a single person said the sound was an issue. If you look earlier in the thread, I have it running with a decimal meter going.

We have been over this a few times on this thread, just read and get correct facts.

#378 4 years ago

Ordered

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Let the games begin! Order in!

These are so much fun, they are mesmorizing!!

One thing that is very important, is they turn on when plugged in. We have a pink warning page on the top of the box that tells you this. You can hold the fan in one hand and plug it in and watch it to get a quick look. It has about 15 Chinese videos on it.

The websites page is done, and just needs to be uploaded, that should be done by Monday and all of the basic set of videos should also be uploaded by Monday. We should start posting Premium sets in a week, and will get about 5 premium sets up a week.

These are so much fun, some videos are better then others, some are just amazing. You will download videos put them on the fan, and you will be amazed. you will bring your family members to look at it, they will just steer at it, their jaws will drop, they will watch the entire video. It does not matter their age, 3 year olds, 15 year olds, 25 year olds, 50 year olds, or older, age does not matter, they all just steer, they are all impressed. I could not think of another thing that all ages will just steer at, except for maybe fireworks.

You will put different videos on this, you will think of what you can do on them. You will get clips from youtube, you will put them on these. You will have so much fun, it is a toy.

Those that saw these at the shows will tell you, they are just amazing.

People will come to your house to play your games, the first thing you will do is show them these. Their is nothing else like these.

Even if you get a brand new game, all the new games look like artwork, very nice!! But they will not compare to the awe you will have and people will have when they see them for the first time.

I have been working on these for 6 months, and I still look forward to looking at the new work we put on them.

When we showed these at Pinpastic, Steve Richie 3 times came to the display and just steered, he, like many people said they are just mesmerizing.

Once you see them in action with a great set of videos, you will be Oh My God. They are a lot of fun.

#380 4 years ago

Everyone that got on the pre order list should be getting an email today. We have enough stock for the preorder list and a few more. If you want one, PM us.

Everyone that preordered at shows, they have been shipped.

For additional orders, I will start listing on our website and here, in about a week, but those orders may take a few weeks to fill.

One thing I did not make an instructional video on and don't talk about much is on is it's WIFI abilities. It has 2 WIFI functions, one is to upload to the fan, it works, but is slow. If you have one or 2 videos, that is OK, but anything more then that I suggest plugging the microSD into the USB adapter and just copy and paste. The other function is fun to play with, you can tell the fan which video to play. So if you put 50 videos on the fan, from your computer you can tell it to play any video you want.

Very easy instruction videos for the software is in the password protected area. All 3 pieces of software have videos. Once you learn the easy process, it only takes minutes to download, convert and and put on the microSD card. I do recommend you watch the instruction videos.

Dan

#381 4 years ago

Payment sent thanks

#382 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

I’m not sure what you’re thinking. These are not fans. There is no pitch on the blades and they don’t move air. They simply ‘knife’ through the air. Noise will not be an issue. No worries.

BTW, I just paid for two.

#383 4 years ago

Payed for my wall mount version yesterday.

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Payed for my wall mount version yesterday.

Ditto

#385 4 years ago

Are you going to be at the York show with these bad boys?

#386 4 years ago

Has anyone know where I can see a vid or pic of the wall art?

#387 4 years ago

Thank you for the orders, will get them out the next few days.

Some updates:

I hired outside to have videos posted on website. They fell a bit behind. 1/3 of the basic videos are posted, and should be done by Thursday.

The purchase of all Toppers/Wall Art comes with 1 premium set. If you are not sure which premium set you want till you play with the topper, that is fine.

My goal is to get 5 premium sets done per week. For this week I am working on:

Star Wars
Stern Star Trek
Ghost Busters
Iron Maiden
Dead Pool

Here is a video of Star Trek, we plan on adding a Klingon ship to this set:

Here is a video of Ghost Busters:

On all videos I record with a black Hologram LED fan, because that is the color you will get, but here is a short video with Ghost Busters if you choose to paint your Topper/Wall Art. I am using a very bright light because of the shutter speed, that is what is causing the housing shadow to the left of the fan.

Here is a picture with the fan, housing and power cord painted

Thank you for all the support.

painted fan (resized).jpgpainted fan (resized).jpg
#388 4 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

These spin at 1,100 RPM, maybe you are thinking of an older model or larger model.

He might be thinking of how loud it is in your video above @ 12:15? The onbaord mic is probably pointing directly at the fan though

#389 4 years ago

Here is a video that was posted about a month ago on the audio level. The game volume is between 9 and 10 and the fan is on above the game. Same game, same fan, same living space. You cannot hear the fan from the sound of the game.

May people at the shows claim it makes less sound then the Stern cooling fan.

Orders have been shipped, I am sure we will start getting first hand feedback. I have talked to a few people, and they are quite happy with them.

#390 4 years ago

This topper lends itself perfect to Ghostbusters! What better then having a ghost flying around above the pin.

My 1 question is can you edit the video clips?
Because on the Ghostbusters logo, I would rather it not go behind the logo. Instead go back and forth like an oscillating fan.

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

This topper lends itself perfect to Ghostbusters! What better then having a ghost flying around above the pin.
My 1 question is can you edit the video clips?
Because on the Ghostbusters logo, I would rather it not go behind the logo. Instead go back and forth like an oscillating fan.

I am not 100% sure of your question, so I will give some different information to try to answer it.

Any video that you make can go on the topper. I am not to familiar with video editing software, but if you can make a video of a particular movement of a ghost, you can put it on the fan.

We do supply a video editing program that is freeware. The main reason we choose the program we did is because it is very easy to cut a scene. For example if you downloaded the scene from Ghost busters of slimer in the banquet room, but you wanted to crop out the scenes of the actors, and just leave slimer, you can do that easily with the supplied software.

If you want to take the logo and have it move back and forth from left to right, if you can make the video, the topper will support it. If you are making a video, a couple things to keep in mind, for the most part:

1. If you make the background black, you have more of the sensation of 3D or flying.

2. Movement, weather it be left or right or back and forth also adds to the 3D effect.

3. If you have something in the foreground and something in the background, it also adds to the 3D effect. We have a lot of items that spin. Because of the spinning motion, you have things in the front and back, and spinning adds to the 3D effect.

If you are making a video and you are having the logo going from left to right, if you can make the logo have depth and tilt it slightly it would add to the effect. An example of depth adding 3D effect would be the the title AC/DC in the music videos.

The above posted Ghostbusters video is 24 separate videos I think. The topper will support 50 videos, and we have loaded 35 minutes on one microSD card, it was either an 8 or 16 gig card. Any videos on the card will automatically loop. If you had one video that you like, and you have the ending matching with the beginning, it will play seamlessly.

I hope I gave enough information to answer your question.

#392 4 years ago

I had the pleasure to take a look at the new 3d hologram topper created by Lighted Pinball Mods. The topper allows you to install photos and videos on a micro SD card to view through the hardware. The topper actually projects the images which gives the illusion of a hologram above your pinball machine.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/08/30/mods-lighted-pinball-mods-3d-hologram-topper-overview-and-install-video/

YouTube Video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1970&v=TNBdwE1Ol7E

111 (resized).jpg111 (resized).jpg222 (resized).jpg222 (resized).jpg4444 (resized).jpg4444 (resized).jpg8-29-2019 9-13-32 PM (resized).jpg8-29-2019 9-13-32 PM (resized).jpg8-29-2019 9-21-28 PM (resized).jpg8-29-2019 9-21-28 PM (resized).jpgTitle For Video (resized).jpgTitle For Video (resized).jpg
#393 4 years ago

This looks awesome! Will JJP POTC be a premium set?

#394 4 years ago

Oh hell yeah Great work Dan. Please add me to this list for a works Star Wars setup! My game has waited Long enough for a topper and I’m glad they took to long. Way cool creation just let me know how and where to pay! Bravo Mr.

#395 4 years ago

I agree! I would love to order a setup for my potc!

#396 4 years ago

Got my wall mount version today, how do I go about getting the Premium Ghost Busters set? I'm not good with computers. Got a step by step I can follow.

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Got my wall mount version today, how do I go about getting the Premium Ghost Busters set? I'm not good with computers. Got a step by step I can follow.

Haven’t received mine yet but I would also like a step by step how to. As I suck using computers they are like a foreign language to me.

#398 4 years ago

Got mine today also, there is a lot of computer use on these so you guys might need to watch the instruction videos a few times.
I don't think the premium videos are ready yet, I think in the instructions it said they would be ready in 30 something days.

#399 4 years ago

I will be more impressed if I can program a different imagine for all the different modes and attract mode in a game. A single imagine at all times, not for me.

#400 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I will be more impressed if I can program a different imagine for all the different modes and attract mode in a game. A single imagine at all times, not for me.

It doesn't work like that. It cycles through however many images you put on it. It's not interactive to game play

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
3,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 18.95
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, AR
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this/page/8?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.