(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcp (resized).JPG
EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpg
F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.
#301 4 years ago

Late to the party but please put me on the list.

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from DesTheopta:

Late to the party but please put me on the list.

You are good, got you on the list.

#303 4 years ago

Put me on the list as well. Only if you will ship to Canada! Thanks

#304 4 years ago

Excellent!

#305 4 years ago

The 'premium set' concept sounds interesting. I'm gonna get two toppers initially. I have a six pins on your premium list and am not really sure which pins I'll put the toppers on. Will you have 'teasers' available for the premium list to help me decide?

#306 4 years ago

Add me to the list too. Ghostbusters and jurrasic park.

#307 4 years ago

Looking forward to this! I should already be on your list. Got anything for congo?

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

The 'premium set' concept sounds interesting. I'm gonna get two toppers initially. I have a six pins on your premium list and am not really sure which pins I'll put the toppers on. Will you have 'teasers' available for the premium list to help me decide?

Yes. A lot of people want these for wall art, to have a video to represent each game that they have, so in the standard set we want to put 1 or 2 videos for each game.

On all of the sets we are planning on having a location that you can go to view all of the videos, and then another location that you can go to download all of the videos.

Charging the $19.99 for a premium set gives us a bit of money to reinvest and make better videos for a game. You will get a premium set for each fan that you purchase. We will have all orders on a spreadsheet, so if you order the fan now, but either I don't have the premium set you want done yet, or want to get the Hologram LED fan and play with it a bit before you get the premium set, that is fine. Just email us, and we will send you the link to the premium set. My gal that does email is part time.

As I get more videos for a game, I will move some videos from the standard section to a premium section. Simpsons would be an example, we have 6 or more videos in the standard section, when I get more videos together I will take a couple of videos from the standard area and put them in the premium area.

I will be adding videos to the standard section to make that area bigger and bigger.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Looking forward to this! I should already be on your list. Got anything for congo?

Yes, I have a few done to match that theme. I have 3 different gorillas, 2 diamonds and we will be making the plane, but the plane won't be done for a while.

I don't have that game, so I don't know the exact graphics but judging from the movie, we may also have some generic videos that will match that game well, such as torches, a satellite dish and a waterfall. We have had some requests for jungle scenes, and hope to have those in a few months.

Those will all be in the standard area.

#311 4 years ago

Love the concept, love the product ,looks incredible. My man cave is just that a cave, ceilings are seven and a half feet high how are the tests coming along on the shorter versions.? Plan on using as a topper for a space shuttle ,how many space-themed videos do you have in the catalog currently? Oh yeah, put me on the list.

#312 4 years ago

When will you start posting the Star Wars videos?

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Love the concept, love the product ,looks incredible. My man cave is just that a cave, ceilings are seven and a half feet high how are the tests coming along on the shorter versions.? Plan on using as a topper for a space shuttle ,how many space-themed videos do you have in the catalog currently? Oh yeah, put me on the list.

Thank you for the positive feedback.

We just got a 100% working prototype for the wall mount shield, so we are ordering materials for that now. We plan on showing the wall mount in the installation video.

We have not done the 7' 6" height prototype yet, but we don't think that will be an issue, but I will update when we have one done. That is probably as low as a topper will go.

Our space area has about 50 videos, a few of the Earth, a few of space, a few of galaxies, a few of rockets, and 4 or 5 of the space shuttle. I don't think the space shuttles are going to be in the first round of videos we post, but they will be in the first round of downloadable videos.

You would be amazed how much feedback we got from people that want videos for games made prior to 1990. For the most part it was not cost effective for people to make toppers for games of that age. For us, it works. We know if we make 5 space shuttle videos, we will capture the people that love that game, plus it adds to our catalog of space videos. The more and more videos we make, the more and more games these will work on.

We have over 700 videos done, getting them from done to posted is being quite a challenge.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

When will you start posting the Star Wars videos?

My biggest priority is to get the basic set catalog visible.

The Star Wars set is done, and it has 25 videos, including the holographic Leia. It will be one of the first premium sets we post. The 25 Star Wars videos are not included in the 50 space videos mentioned above.

Everything takes longer then hoped.

We do have all materials here and units are being produced now.

#315 4 years ago

We have been working on these for a while. We just got these tonight.

Here is some Iron Maiden premium. I videoed a few like I have been.

I also videoed one with the shutter speed at standard speed. You can see the brightness, but because of the shutter speed, you see fan distortion that you do not see live.

Also a full size video with a slower shutter speed, which makes everything darker.

In my opinion, the best Iron Maiden topper on the market.

I will get pilot lined up better on final version.

Feedback?

#316 4 years ago

Hope you put me on the list.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#317 4 years ago

Will the dome mute the sound?

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Will the dome mute the sound?

I am not sure of your question. This does not effect the sound of the game, and it makes about the same amount of noise as a table fan.

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I am not sure of your question. This does not effect the sound of the game, and it makes about the same amount of noise as a table fan.

I had thought that I had read on a previous post that the topper was noisy. If so, I was asking if the dome serves to mute the noise. Sounds like it's not noisy which is great

#321 4 years ago

No, it is pretty quite. Before we showed them at a show, people were talking about information that they were not aware of. It is pretty close to the sound level of a ceiling fan. I bet someone that was at the shows gave feedback of the sound level on this thread. If you read feedback from people that saw these at shows, it is all very good.

#322 4 years ago

We are starting to upload the basic set of videos on youtube today, I will post the link when I get a good quantity of videos posted. I expect it will take a few days to upload the entire basic set.

We are also planning on working on the shorter stand to work in 7' 6" ceilings today.

#323 4 years ago

Please, please, please add me to your list.

#324 4 years ago

The stand for this to fit in a 7' 6" ceiling does not work. It causes cavitation because so much of the black glass is so close behind the fan blade.

#325 4 years ago

Please add me to your list as well. Thanks!

#326 4 years ago

The stand for this to fit in a 7' 6" ceiling does not work. It causes cavitation because so much of the black glass is so close behind the fan blade.

so what's the absolute minimum clearance I need from top of the machine to the ceiling?

#327 4 years ago

Any chance we could get the ultimate video access for one price? It could allow us access to all video downloads from now and into the future? I’m sure most might go with the separate categories but I’d like to mix it up regularly since I’m looking for a wall mount style.

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Any chance we could get the ultimate video access for one price? It could allow us access to all video downloads from now and into the future? I’m sure most might go with the separate categories but I’d like to mix it up regularly since I’m looking for a wall mount style.

And because I most likely will sell the game I buy premium videos for later

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

so what's the absolute minimum clearance I need from top of the machine to the ceiling?

you could fit in 7' 10"

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Not at this time, let me explain.

In the basic set that you get will have 1 or 2 for many games. When a new game comes out, I will add a video or 2 to the basic set for that game, so the basic set will always be growing.

Toy Story is a game that is expected to be released, so I will use it as an example. I will make a few videos for that game, and those few will go into the basic set. When I get enough content to make a premium selection, I will make a premium selection for that game, but I will leave a few Toy Story videos in the basic set. The basic set will always be growing. That is mainly for the wall art category.

Also as I get more feedback, I will add more content to the basic set, as well as make more premium selections.

Our original intent was to do what you are asking, but we were told point blank from some people that they intended to take all of our video work and distribute it. It does take us a fair amount of time and investment to make a set, and we wanted a program that was good for the end user, as well as work for us. That is why we have the format we have now. At $19.99 for a premium set, we are hoping that is a high enough price to protect our work, yet a low enough price that if someone wants to change the topper from one game to another, they feel it was a good deal. If we see a need to change the format in the future, we will do that.

Also, we won't be selling the videos, we will be selling the location on the web the videos are. All videos we be out in a public area, so if a holder of Intellectual Property does feel that their work may have been violated, they will be able to have them removed. Of course much of our work in original.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#333 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Are you serious? If he made everything available for one price he’d have to charge a fist full! His time is money. I’m actually kinda surprised these videos aren’t password protected somehow to prevent limitless distribution.

However, it would be cool if the community developed and shared files like Pinsound does.

#334 4 years ago

you could fit in 7' 10"

How about 7’9 3/4”??

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

How about 7’9 3/4”?? Lower the legs 1/4 inch. I'm going to notch out my drop ceiling, found six inch of space between ceiling and second floor. Game on ! 7 ft 10 in works for me. Keep me on the list.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Are you serious? If he made everything available for one price he’d have to charge a fist full! His time is money. I’m actually kinda surprised these videos aren’t password protected somehow to prevent limitless distribution.
However, it would be cool if the community developed and shared files like Pinsound does.

The idea of having a file swapping area was the original plan, like Pinsound. But, we want to limit our exposure on copy right issues and we could not find a solution doing a file swapping situation that would keep us insulated.

We talked with an IP attorney while we were working on this project, and he said if the files are available to the public, and an IP holder has an avenue to delete a file if they felt their IP was violated, that would give us a high level of protection. So keeping this in mind, this is the process we have come up with:

When you purchase a Hologram LED fan, you will get a password for a password protected section to our website. That section will have the manuals, software information and links to the basic videos on youtube. For the premium files you will also get the location of a youtube account that has the specific videos from that one game. All premium files will be on different youtube accounts.

Nearly every video we have is made from scratch, a few exceptions are, Batman 66 intro, Twilight Zone intros, The Simpsons intro, and Mr. DNA from Jurassic Park. On those videos we have cropped and colored them to work the best for the toppers, but those videos are all over youtube, so I don't think they will ever be a copyright issue.

We don't sell you the videos, we sell you the locations of those videos. We have made many of them, so we do own the rights on many of them, so others won't be able to take our videos and resell them. We don't want to get caught up in selling any copyright content in anyway.

These issues are some things that have been delaying us slightly.

The youtube link I hope to post on here in a few days are videos of the videos on the fans. Those will give a good idea of what you are getting, but won't work on the fans. For every video we have had to make 3 versions of it, one for youtube for customers to view, one for youtube for customers to download, and a third is a version that works on the fan. It is pretty time consuming.

We are still close to our timeline of shipping in about 10 days. Finishing the password protected area will probably take a few more days and we plan on getting that finished during shipping time.

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

How about 7’9 3/4”??

Yes, that would work on a game that is not Sega or Gottlieb. Those game are a bit taller then most others.

#338 4 years ago

Do you have a Star Trek Stern topper yet?

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Do you have a Star Trek Stern topper yet?

No, it will probably be over a month for Stern Star Trek, but we do get requests, and I will do it. I will probably put all 3 of the Star Treks together, because I have problems telling all of the Star Treks apart.

I know we have an Enterprise from the original TV series, and we have an Enterprise for The Next Generation.

#340 4 years ago

No, it will probably be over a month for Stern Star Trek, but we do get requests, and I will do it. I will probably put all 3 of the Star Treks together, because I have problems telling all of the Star Treks apart.
I know we have an Enterprise from the original TV series, and we have an Enterprise for The Next Generation.

Ok, gotta have the latest Enterprise for the Stern though, otherwise it would look strange. Same one on the LE backglass.

#341 4 years ago

Add me to the list.

#342 4 years ago

I think it would be cool if they could also present other stuff for gamerooms. For example stern, jjp logotypes but also arrows left and right. Expressions as bar, welcome. Play nice. Ladies, gents.
I'm currently building gameroom+home cinema. Now showing etcetc. There are man cool applications possible.

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Ok, gotta have the latest Enterprise for the Stern though, otherwise it would look strange. Same one on the LE backglass.

Yes, I understand completely, that is why I don't have Star Trek on my to do list yet. I need to take a close look at the game and get a list of stuff I can do for it.

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I think it would be cool if they could also present other stuff for gamerooms. For example stern, jjp logotypes but also arrows left and right. Expressions as bar, welcome. Play nice. Ladies, gents.
I'm currently building gameroom+home cinema. Now showing etcetc. There are man cool applications possible.

Good ideas, please expand on your thoughts. I am trying hard not to step on any manufacturer toes, so I probably won't do the logos. When you say arrows left and right, you are talking about insert lights from the play field?

I am planning on doing an assortment of game room themes, like pool and darts and such. I got a real good collection for the NFL, but I am a bit concerned about doing those also.

Please give me more feedback for game room ideas.

Dan

#346 4 years ago

The limitation of only being about to upload 50 videos a day on youtube put us behind schedule. Once I get the majority of videos up that you can view, I will start sending payment request emails to everyone on the preoreder list, I am shooting for late next week to start contacting people.

I will also put that youtube link on this thread.

I have finally made a video of all of the videos on the fan. Chuck is in the shop working on getting packages together. Next week I will do the install videos.

#347 4 years ago

The limitation of only being about to upload 50 videos a day on youtube put us behind schedule. Once I get the majority of videos up that you can view, I will start sending payment request emails to everyone on the preoreder list, I am shooting for late next week to start contacting people.

I will also put that youtube link on this thread.

I have finally made a video of all of the videos on the fan. Chuck is in the shop working on getting packages together. Next week I will do the install videos.

Quoted from dts:

We will work on Stern Star Trek to get a premium set with our other 21 premium sets, should be ready within 40 days.

#348 4 years ago

Do you have Star Wars video samples? Please add me to the list. Thank you.

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from Red-6:

Do you have Star Wars video samples? Please add me to the list. Thank you.

Got you on the list. I had a few requests for the Star Wars set, so here it is. Their is a possibility that I have a few other Star Wars videos I am working on, but no promises.

It has 25 clips and is eight minutes long. Of course you will be able to put the videos you want in the order you want.

Also we provided software, you could make your own clips from the movies.

#350 4 years ago

Impressive. Most impressive. I resolved my height issues wanted to make sure I'm still in the list thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 21.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this/page/7?hl=apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.