(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 519 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Twilight1
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
1111 (resized).jpg
4444 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
8-29-2019 9-21-28 PM (resized).jpg

There are 519 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
#151 4 months ago

These look very cool (no pun intended) - I look forward to seeing one in person!

Be careful around those backboxes though! Just sayin':

fan tragedy.gif

#152 4 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

These look very cool (no pun intended) - I look forward to seeing one in person!
Be careful around those backboxes though! Just sayin':

[quoted image]

Yes, planning on putting a big note on the top of the packaging box. Because I have been changing the videos so much, and moving it around, I have been bit a few times, never draws blood or cuts, but it does make me move my hand away quick.

At Pintasic we are planning on having a flat piece of clear pleixiglass on the top of the back box to keep inquisitive fingers away. Because of the way the image is, you do really want to touch it for some reason.

#153 4 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

They're definitely super cool. The topper runs whenever the machine is "on" correct? Many times I have the machines on but not in play. I bought a mod with 2 super tiny fans for my Indy once and it was INCREDIBLY annoying being on every time the machine was on. Is there an option to turn it off/on?
More toppers = more noise.

I think I did a reply to your question, but I think I read your question wrong, so I answered it wrong.

2 answers. The mod will plug into an electrical outlet, often a service outlet, so you could unplug it pretty easily if you wanted it off sometime.

Better answer. This is come with a photosensor relay. That is a relay that will turn power on and off with the use of a photosensor that is at the end of a 30 inch wire. The relay has a pedometer so you can control how much light will set off the relay to allow electricity to travel through. You can put this relay next to a playfield light and set it so when that play field light turns on and off, it will turn on and off the topper. The only problem is it takes under 1 second for the fan to start turning, and during that time it says "3D hologram" while the fan gets up to speed. That is on the hardware and firmware and I have not been able to remove that.

With the proper placement of the relay, you could make the topper only turn on with that play field light. Of course if the game was in an attract mode the fan would try to turn on and off as that light did.

#154 4 months ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
People don't realize how unmotivating many of these comments are. I was very close to not wanting to make any more comments on this thread. For hours I have had to defend things when I should be working on this product for everyone.
THANK YOU very much for saying what you did.

Well you can stop defending it Dan, enough people totally get what this mod is about. Once these are available your gonna have a tough time producing them fast enough. I won't be putting it on a game but in my gameroom wall as art.

#155 4 months ago

If I were Dan, I would be doing some life testing on the longevity of those fans (if he isn't already) before selling a bunch of them.. and not just if they keep working, but if the motor noise gets any worse over time.

#156 4 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If I were Dan, I would be doing some life testing on the longevity of those fans (if he isn't already) before selling a bunch of them.. and not just if they keep working, but if the motor noise gets any worse over time.

Thank you for the comment.

You have a few technologies that have been put together for this item:

1. Electricity transfer
2. Motors
3. LED's
4. Computer processors.

To start with, LED Hologram fans have been around for many years. It is more a commercial product. Think about it, how many practical applications are their in the retail market? They have mainly been used for advertising.

I used to sell audio and video a long time ago and their was a rule, if one or two companies were making something it was new technology, when a bunch of companies are making something, that technology is solid. Think about plasma TV's, a 40" Phillips cost $40,000 and they and Mitsubishi were the only companies making them, 10 years later the price dropped to about $500 for a 40" model and 100 companies were making them. I don't know how many companies are making these, but I looked through over 20 different makers, and their are more.

Concern 1:

Someone on this thread mention that these don't use brushes to transfer the electricity, so I started to do some digging. The term brush-less motors has been around for many years, probably 30 or more years. On the old motors, the brushes would wear, with brush-less technology, that is not a problem. If you think about it, you have probably heard the term. A poster on this thread made mention of this, and I have verified, this is tried and true technology that has been around for a long time.

Concern 2:

Motors, and noise from motors, I hope you are not concerned with motors. How long have motors been in fans? I will tell you what, this is the same technology. Heck, I have had the same ceiling fan on in my bedroom for 7 years straight, and only turned off to clean it.

Concern 3:

LED's, this is the youngest of all technologies that are incorporated into this product. It is normally the youngest technology you want to be worried about. If you are worried about LED's you better get out of the pinball hobby fast.

Concern 4:

Microprocessors, Really?

The funny thing about a new technology, is often that new technology is new to you. This industry has been around for over 10 years. As a matter of fact the older models could just use a memory chip, it took them years to figure out how to put wifi in them, and yes the model I am using has wifi.

I have 4 different units that I have had on for 6 months, nearly 24 hours per day. The only time they were off is when we were working on the stand or changing the memory cards. All 4 still work fine. I am only bringing 2 to show, because those are the models I am selling. I am only selling one model, but for testing I have a non wifi and a wifi 17" versions, which is what I am bringing to shows.

1. This specific technology has been around way longer then Jersey Jack
2. All of the individually technologies have been around longer the Stern Pinball
3. The product carry's a 1 year warranty from the manufacture, who here would love a 1 year warranty on your Stern?
4. These are basically commercial units, since that is the main target.

Check into it, this is all established standard technology. I just did a search on Amazon for "led hologram fan", I got 347 listing, that would be a huge number for a questionable technology. But 347 listings for an established product that has a very limited consumer uses is pretty high.

The main limitation on this product is the software (videos). That is why we have been working months to get videos together.

Not sure what more to tell you, but I would rather run one of these 24 hours straight for 6 months then have my new Stern pinball machine play for 24 hours a day for 6 months.

As someone stated earlier in this thread, many people cry for new things in pinball, then when an established technology is transferred to pinball technology people get all concerned.

I am satisfied on the quality of this technology.

In my opinion, If you have concerns about this technology, you should either research the technology until you are satisfied, or wait a few years till you are comfortable with it. One problem with that, is if you wait 5 years to verify the quality of this item, and new technology will come out, and you will need to wait 5 years on that, and so on, and so on. How many of you can remember purchasing computers 20 years ago? Technology was changing so quickly on processor speeds, RAM memory, herd drive space, internet speeds, bus speeds, heat issues and so on, that if you purchased a computer, it was old technology in a month. If you waited to get the newest in computers you were waiting for ever, and were using an old POS. Everyone knows someone like that.

Also, the main source of sound is not the motor, it is the blades cutting through the air. Also they blades are not sharp, more of a curved edge and not designed to cut through the air like a table fan (safer). Because of this, I would say this is a bit more noisy then a table fan.

#157 4 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well you can stop defending it Dan, enough people totally get what this mod is about. Once these are available your gonna have a tough time producing them fast enough. I won't be putting it on a game but in my gameroom wall as art.

Thank you Paul. That is what Chuck Norris (he is the one that does the most work here) has said, a lot of people will want it as wall art with some information of each of their games on it.

Many of the questions and suggestions here are good quality, and I don't have a problem answering them. The ones I get frustrated with is when someone that is not knowledgeable states something and I don't want the wrong information to get out. I do think this is by far the best product we have.

#158 4 months ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Need sound in the videos you posted. So we can hear the fan running.

That's the deal killer for me.

#159 4 months ago

Thank you Paul. That is what Chuck Norris (he is the one that does the most work here) has said

I figured he's made enough with the Total Gym over the last 20 years to not worry about having to work, no?

#160 4 months ago
Quoted from DexterH:

That's the deal killer for me.

It shouldn't be. With the pin on you are probably not even going to be able to hear it (no way I would with my PinSound cranked to the level I like it). These are not jet engines or turbo props.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this/page/3#post-5050343

#161 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It shouldn't be. With the pin on you are probably not even going to be able to hear it (no way I would with my PinSound cranked to the level I like it). These are not jet engines or turbo props.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this/page/3#post-5050343

It sounds pretty loud in that video, it would be nice if he turned it on and off so you could hear the difference. I know a lot of guys fire up there pins whenever their in the room, that is where these could drive you nuts. I know I'm pretty OCD when it comes to like a PC fan, the bonus with those is they are pretty cheap as soon as they start making noise I just throw in a new one. Its a cool product and I really like the art but I just don't know about it as a topper. I like it more like a game room conversation piece like the DMD Clock.

#162 4 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Its a cool product and I really like the art but I just don't know about it as a topper. I like it more as a game room conversation piece.

As a topper the spinning arm is pretty much up and out of the way. As room art not so much depending on where it is mounted.

#163 4 months ago

Dan, here is a question.. If someone wanted to buy one as "room art" in their game room, is there a way to get a custom SD card which could in theory, have all of the videos for a person's game collection on it? I think it would be cool for example, if I had a card that had mixed videos of Judge Dredd, Scared Stiff, and WOZ graphics in it. Maybe not all in a row either. Maybe where it could play a JD video, followed by a SS video, followed by a WOZ, and then back to the start with different videos for each (since you mentioned that there are various videos for each machine).

This way, if you sell one as room art, it can be customized to the customer's collection? Maybe a set price for the unit itself and then a separate cost for the SD card where a single game can be one price, but a custom card can maybe be a little more with a small upcharge for each game added?

Just a thought. I have toppers on all 3 of my games already so I would be out of the market as a topper. But for game room art, I would be all in if I could get one unit with all of my games on it intermixed!

#164 4 months ago
Quoted from calfdemon:

Dan, here is a question.. If someone wanted to buy one as "room art" in their game room, is there a way to get a custom SD card which could in theory, have all of the videos for a person's game collection on it? I think it would be cool for example, if I had a card that had mixed videos of Judge Dredd, Scared Stiff, and WOZ graphics in it. Maybe not all in a row either. Maybe where it could play a JD video, followed by a SS video, followed by a WOZ, and then back to the start with different videos for each (since you mentioned that there are various videos for each machine).
This way, if you sell one as room art, it can be customized to the customer's collection? Maybe a set price for the unit itself and then a separate cost for the SD card where a single game can be one price, but a custom card can maybe be a little more with a small upcharge for each game added?
Just a thought. I have toppers on all 3 of my games already so I would be out of the market as a topper. But for game room art, I would be all in if I could get one unit with all of my games on it intermixed!

If you read previous posts, they will provide full access to video library with purchase of a unit, and you may have access to all videos. Also, you can have up to 50 vids on the SD card. Therefore, buy a unit, put as many free videos on it you want in the order you want (change at any time), and you are off and running.

#165 4 months ago

I live in Hong Kong and travel through all the major airports in Asia. There are probably hundreds of these units used at airport terminals I travel through. They’re very impressive, bright and can’t be heard about the background noise.

#166 4 months ago

Ok. I am sold. How much and how soon can I buy one. If I really like it I have seven games that could use one right now.

#167 4 months ago
Quoted from calfdemon:

Dan, here is a question.. If someone wanted to buy one as "room art" in their game room, is there a way to get a custom SD card which could in theory, have all of the videos for a person's game collection on it?

I think it would be cool for example, if I had a card that had mixed videos of Judge Dredd, Scared Stiff, and WOZ graphics in it. Maybe not all in a row either. Maybe where it could play a JD video, followed by a SS video, followed by a WOZ, and then back to the start with different videos for each (since you mentioned that there are various videos for each machine).

Yes, it comes with one micro SD card. You can put up to 50 videos on that one card, 50 is the limit, we hit that limit working on it today. Regardless of what sequence you load videos, it will play in alphabetical order. If you want to play in a particular order, just put an A in front of the first file, then a B in front of the second file.

We are going to put all of the videos available if you purchase one of our LED hologram fans. The memory cards are under $8.

A lot of the videos are very game specific, I think most of the ones I posted were game specific. We also have some titles, again I think I posted a couple of those, but we also have some generic ones, such as a full moon with clouds passing in front of it or atomic explosion or flames (I think I posted that). The generic videos serve a few purposes, they can match many games, but if you are doing it as a topper you can do a sequence of videos. Such as Attack from Mars, I posted the flying saucer shooting a ray, then you could have an explosion then a fire.

Star Wars I think has 8 videos, if you mixed that with some generic videos you could make a pretty good story or video. If you did that, it may be nice to have an extra memory card to make a custom topper for another game. Or just make a few files in your computer, and if you want to move the topper around, you could load from your computer the series of videos you made for that game.

#168 4 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

I live in Hong Kong and travel through all the major airports in Asia. There are probably hundreds of these units used at airport terminals I travel through. They’re very impressive, bright and can’t be heard about the background noise.

Thank you.

I few of us were in front of or game that had the topper on it. The game was off, and we were talking at standard level and it was not a problem.

#169 4 months ago

I like what I’m seeing but I’m an early solid state guy. My games are games such as Stars, F2K, Firepower, Eight Ball...do you have anything like rockets, stars, pool balls?

#170 4 months ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Ok. I am sold. How much and how soon can I buy one. If I really like it I have seven games that could use one right now.

Should be about 6 weeks. I will have 2 prototypes in Pinfest, and I hope a few Pinsiders will post their feedback. 2 weeks after that we will be in Atlanta, and I may have the production models by then and hopefully some Pinsiders will give feedback from their also.

The prototypes have the plexiglass stand hand cut, the production models with have the plexiglass laser cut.

#171 4 months ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

I like what I’m seeing but I’m an early solid state guy. My games are games such as Stars, F2K, Firepower, Eight Ball...do you have anything like rockets, stars, pool balls?

Thank you. Yes, we are trying to get a good selection of generic videos that will work on many games. As a matter of fact, I was working on something for pool and f14 the other day, but did not get anything. Often I make some videos that look fine on the computer put it on the fan, and they don't look to good, so we delete them. We are trying to get a good selection of videos on the first 300, a bit of everything. We do have a nice earth, astronaut and I think moon passing in front of the earth.

If their is a web programmer on here that wants to swap some work for some product, email me. We want to have each video on the website, with some game tags, but also listed alphabetical. That way people can look for what they want and give them a try.

All of the web stuff is over my head, and I have not had luck with wed programmers. I know I need to get a lot more bandwidth or what ever it is called on our site for all of the down loads.

#172 3 months ago

Thank you. Yes, we are trying to get a good selection of generic videos that will work on many games. As a matter of fact, I was working on something for pool and f14 the other day, but did not get anything. Often I make some videos that look fine on the computer put it on the fan, and they don't look to good, so we delete them. We are trying to get a good selection of videos on the first 300, a bit of everything. We do have a nice earth, astronaut and I think moon passing in front of the earth.
If their is a web programmer on here that wants to swap some work for some product, email me. We want to have each video on the website, with some game tags, but also listed alphabetical. That way people can look for what they want and give them a try.
All of the web stuff is over my head, and I have not had luck with wed programmers. I know I need to get a lot more bandwidth or what ever it is called on our site for all of the down loads.

Dan, since you're collecting ideas for potential additional downloads, if I could put a plug in for water/ocean scenes...thinking for games like Fathom, Seawitch, etc...
Can't wait to see these in person!

#173 3 months ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Dan, since you're collecting ideas for potential additional downloads, if I could put a plug in for water/ocean scenes...thinking for games like Fathom, Seawitch, etc...
Can't wait to see these in person!

Thank you, and yes any ideas would be plus. I think once some get out their I will start getting feedback more on what people want such as specific graphics, lengths of videos and general graphics that will be a huge plus. That is one nice thing about this mod, if you don't like a video for a game, if you wait, hopefully I or someone else will make one that suits your tastes and game better. That is why I call this the Ultimate Pinball Topper, because you can change it, you are not stuck with the one static topper you purchased.

#174 3 months ago

I don't have enough ceiling clearance to fit it as a topper, but I'll buy one and fit it in somewhere in my game room. They do look cool!

#175 3 months ago

Dan, I like your idea of being able to load the card with whatever you want making this the perfect item for a game room if not wanted as a topper. That being said, will purchasing it as a "game room item" be an option? Meaning that you can pretty much sell it to us with a wall plug and not need to do any of the relay modifications to it that you are doing for topper use. I am assuming that these initially come as a plug in item and then you are modifying them to work as a topper. Rather than the purchaser have to switch it all back, maybe you can sell them directly for wall plug use as well? Seems like that option would save both you and the customer some work if that is what they intend to use it for.

#176 3 months ago
Quoted from calfdemon:

Dan, I like your idea of being able to load the card with whatever you want making this the perfect item for a game room if not wanted as a topper. That being said, will purchasing it as a "game room item" be an option? Meaning that you can pretty much sell it to us with a wall plug and not need to do any of the relay modifications to it that you are doing for topper use. I am assuming that these initially come as a plug in item and then you are modifying them to work as a topper. Rather than the purchaser have to switch it all back, maybe you can sell them directly for wall plug use as well? Seems like that option would save both you and the customer some work if that is what they intend to use it for.

Thank you for the idea. Basically it would be a version with out the stand or relay, just a wall mount and access to the videos. I think I may need to do that, let me talk with Chuck about that.

No promises, but per some requests, I am working on some generic water, space, jet fighter, space ship, pool and ocean life videos. Also I am working on a Black Knight spinning bust.

If you have other requests, please post.

Thanks
Dan

#177 3 months ago

Thank you for the idea. Basically it would be a version with out the stand or relay, just a wall mount and access to the videos. I think I may need to do that, let me talk with Chuck about that.
No promises, but per some requests, I am working on some generic water, space, jet fighter, space ship, pool and ocean life videos. Also I am working on a Black Knight spinning bust.
If you have other requests, please post.
Thanks
Dan

I hope so too Dan, I want it for wall art also.

#178 3 months ago

Someone on this thread mention that these don't use brushes to transfer the electricity, so I started to do some digging. The term brush-less motors has been around for many years, probably 30 or more years. On the old motors, the brushes would wear, with brush-less technology, that is not a problem. If you think about it, you have probably heard the term. A poster on this thread made mention of this, and I have verified, this is tried and true technology that has been around for a long time.

I believe the brush concern was not about the motor - but how the rotating part of the assembly is 'connected' to the base. How the data or power/etc gets from the base to the rotating arm. The long term reliability of that point of transfer.

I've never dissected one so no idea from me on how they are built!

#179 3 months ago
Quoted from calfdemon:

Aren't these already available on ebay and amazon with the wall mount and direct plug? All you would need is video content?

#180 3 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I believe the brush concern was not about the motor - but how the rotating part of the assembly is 'connected' to the base. How the data or power/etc gets from the base to the rotating arm. The long term reliability of that point of transfer.
I've never dissected one so no idea from me on how they are built!

I have 4 different units that I have had on for 6 months, nearly 24 hours per day. The only time they were off is when we were working on the stand or changing the memory cards. All 4 still work fine.

I think that answers your question.

#181 3 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Aren't these already available on ebay and amazon with the wall mount and direct plug? All you would need is video content?

I've seen them on ebay but only the cheap toy USB ones which are not programable.

#182 3 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Yes they are the ones and they are programable with a 4-8 gig sd card included.

#183 3 months ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Yes they are the ones and they are programable with a 4-8 gig sd card included.

Got a link?

#185 3 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

These are the ones on Amazon that sell for between $179 and $250.

#186 3 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope so too Dan, I want it for wall art also.

Yes, we will do a wall version that will not have the topper stand, power relay or 2.5 meter extension for $199.99. It will come with wall mount and access to all of our videos.

#187 3 months ago

Here is a video of the Ultimate Pinball topper running with Stern Star Wars on with volume of 9 or 10, I was switching between the 2 so you could see the sound level on the screen. I picked volume of 10 because it was a round number. I don't think you can even hear the fan.

Also, a little of love for the Alien and space question guys.

#188 3 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I am sure you could probably get the same one that they will be selling from another source somewhere, but then you will not have access to the video files. So I would rather buy it from them so I can have access to the related video files. If that costs me $20 more than I can find it elsewhere without the videos, so be it. They went through the trouble of making and compiling the videos, so I do not have a problem with a little markup for that.

#189 3 months ago

I wonder what the 4 bladed ones are like, if it's better quality images.

#190 3 months ago

It looks nice (even on video).
I especially liked the lord of the rings vid.
Wouldnt it be nice If you had the lord of the rings pin and the hobbit pin, with that spinner as sideart inbetween?

If you encased it in acrylic or such, set it up with vaccum, wouldnt that make it last longer, beeing untouchable and taking care of the noise?
Well maybe that would lessen the image effekt?

#191 3 months ago

The time and effort to make and catalog the video files is WELL worth an extra cost.

#192 3 months ago
Quoted from calfdemon:

I am sure you could probably get the same one that they will be selling from another source somewhere, but then you will not have access to the video files. So I would rather buy it from them so I can have access to the related video files. If that costs me $20 more than I can find it elsewhere without the videos, so be it. They went through the trouble of making and compiling the videos, so I do not have a problem with a little markup for that.

20$ more, The math on this is off a little

#193 3 months ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

20$ more, The math on this is off a little

It was a guesstimate... Where is the math? He said he will be selling the game room version for $199 if I remember correctly. Do you have a price for the actual model that he is selling from another source? Again.. the point was that it is worth it to pay more for the video data, so I would rather buy it from them with an upcharge which entitles me to use their video. I really have no idea what the additional cost is so I threw $20 in there as a placeholder. If you want to actually break it down, go for it. But I think you are missing the point here...

And looking back a few, here is what OP posted:

These are the ones on Amazon that sell for between $179 and $250.

So low end on that +20 is $199. Guess I wasn't too far off without knowing exactly what model these are being made with. You must have way more info than the rest of us here. Is the plan to buy the hardware elsewhere for cheaper and then copy (steal) the videos from someone else without compensating the creator? Just curious, but that is what seems to be implied here by some. I guess you could buy cheaper hardware and then make your own videos, which would be just copying the idea the OP had, but in effect, stealing nothing. To each their own I guess. I am willing to pay the OP for their idea and videos.

#194 3 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wonder what the 4 bladed ones are like, if it's better quality images.

Most of the 4 blade ones are larger. These are 17 inches which makes the circle diameter about 53 inches, you have 2 lights (arms), so a light travel 27 inches to give you that effect. If you make the arms twice as long, lets say 34 inches the light needs to travel about 50 inches to give you that effect. Because the distance is longer, it does not look as good. The solution is to have more (4) arms on the larger ones so the distance traveled is not as long.

I hope I explained that in a way some one can understand it.

#195 3 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Wouldnt it be nice If you had the lord of the rings pin and the hobbit pin, with that spinner as sideart inbetween?
If you encased it in acrylic or such, set it up with vaccum, wouldnt that make it last longer, beeing untouchable and taking care of the noise?

They are not very load, that part of the discussion got a bit out of hand from people that did not have first hand knowledge of the product. I think as a topper, 99% of the people are going to be fine with the amount of sound they make.

We have been thinking about using it as wall art and feel it may be best to be covered. We are working on an option plexiglass shield to cover the fan for wall art or a topper. It would be 2 different designs. I will update when we get prototypes for those. It will be after Pintastic.

#196 3 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

The time and effort to make and catalog the video files is WELL worth an extra cost.

Yes, that is was makes the product. The fan is useless without the videos.

We are currently using 2 different process to make videos.

We will be working on 2 new process to make videos. One we are experimenting on is a spinning bust of the Dark Knight, it will be slightly different to avoid copyright infringement, but close enough to match. On the Black Knight process, I want to give a call out to JEFFSPINBALLPALACE for doing some work on helping me and the testing this process.

The forth process we will be testing with Iron Maiden. This process has been kind of expensive to set up, but if works properly will give us a huge selection to work with.

We are going to push to try to have prototypes of both of these processes completed by the Atlanta show.

By calling them the processes is as much information about them you will get out of me, because those are the secret sauce to this mod.

We will defiantly have over 300 videos done by 8-1-2019. Another Pinsider is helping me with the website process. The website process is also a very important part to get the videos out properly, and the website part is completely beyond my capability.

#197 3 months ago

Also, I would like to thank those of you that have given me some good feedback to help refine this project. The feedback has been given to me both on this forum and in PM's

#198 3 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

That Lord of the Rings ring video is one of my favorites. We have 2 versions of that. Also we have a nice one of the eye.

#199 3 months ago

Love these toppers! A few quick questions, and apologies in advance if they have already been answered...

1. Will you ship to Australia?
2. If so, when?
3. I can see this topper as being perfect for my GB. But what about JJP machines? Of the pinballs I own, I am only missing a topper for The Hobbit
4. And finally, do they work best with a blank background behind them? The backdrop in my games room is brick work and piping

#200 3 months ago
Quoted from Chambo:Thank you, and thanks for the questions.

Love these toppers! A few quick questions, and apologies in advance if they have already been answered...
1. Will you ship to Australia?
2. If so, when?
3. I can see this topper as being perfect for my GB. But what about JJP machines? Of the pinballs I own, I am only missing a topper for The Hobbit
4. And finally, do they work best with a blank background behind them? The backdrop in my games room is brick work and piping

1. Yes
2. We should have every thing ready to go on 8-1-2019
3. Someone just mention how good the ring video would look in The Hobbit, we also have a few dragons in the Generic videos.
4. We have not found a background that these don't look good on. The video is a bunch of LED's that are very bright. The background does not effect what you are looking at, the back ground gives you depth, which gives you the 3D effect. If you have read me talking about black background, that is in the video itself. The objects on the videos need black as the background because with black, the LED's don't light up, which gives the object on the video the floating effect.

I will get a video in the shop or someplace so you can see the background is not an issue. I probably won't have that video till after Pintastic

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 519 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside