(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcp (resized).JPG
EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpg
F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.
#51 4 years ago

I was tempted to buy one of these to put above my Star Wars vid. I looked for a video on YouTube that would be suitable for loading onto the device but I couldn’t find one. I really wanted a 3D rotating Death Star.

If you can design a sweet 3D Star Wars library I would pay the premium to support your version of this product.

How about the animation sequence from ANH?

#52 4 years ago

When I said I used a spot to take these videos, these are pictures of how bright the room was when I took pictures.

Here are also a few videos with the power cord taped down.

If you want to hide the power better, wrap the power cord with masking tape, and paint the tape the color of the wall behind it. The cord would be nearly invisible.

Also on the Aladdin flying carpet video, I started the shot with all lights on, then turned all lights off, then turned the lights back on to best demonstrate how well it will look it different lighting environments.

Scared Stiff

Aladdin flying carpet with different lighting

Ironman hologram and motorcycle

0616191043 (resized).jpg0616191043 (resized).jpg0616191043_HDR (resized).jpg0616191043_HDR (resized).jpg
#53 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I was tempted to buy one of these to put above my Star Wars vid. I looked for a video on YouTube that would be suitable for loading onto the device but I couldn’t find one. I really wanted a 3D rotating Death Star.
If you can design a sweet 3D Star Wars library I would pay the premium to support your version of this product.
How about the animation sequence from ANH?

We have a rotating Death Star, that was one of the first ones we did. We have about 8 Star Wars videos.

#54 4 years ago

Really cool!!!
I have got to get that meteor shower! When do you think it might be available!!??

#55 4 years ago

When can I bug one?

#56 4 years ago

Now I get it. It was hurting my brain wondering how an image was being projected up from the head! Now I see the fan is mounted vertically like those handheld fan LED imagers.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Now I get it. It was hurting my brain wondering how an image was being projected up from the head! Now I see the fan is mounted vertically like those handheld fan LED imagers.

Correct these are not hologram or 3d

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Really cool!!!
I have got to get that meteor shower! When do you think it might be available!!??

Meteor shower looks good. Be about 6 weeks.

#59 4 years ago

Wow!

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Meteor shower looks good. Be about 6 weeks.

Can't wait! Those look great.

#61 4 years ago

Do these fans blow air towards you or are the blades flat?

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Correct these are not hologram or 3d

Yes, and no.

Much 3D on the market tricks the mind. Example would be a 3D movie with wearing 3D glasses, that is not true 3D, but it tricks the mind into looking 3D.

Another example would be those 3D baseball cards that when you tilt, they look 3D. Just like the new translights on White Water and other games. You could argue those are true 3D because they are on different levels, but because of other manufacturing it also tricks the mind to look more 3D then they are.

On this, because the image is at one level, and you can see through the surface the image is at to the surface behind, it tricks your mind into think it is 3D, because you do have different surfaces. Then as an images moves, get smaller and larger, and different angles, it further tricks your mind into thinking it is 3D. Some videos are better then others, but many do appear to be true 3D. One comment we hear again and again is I want to touch it. People want to touch it, because their mind knows something is not right, just like people often want to try to touch things on a 3D movie.

Also this product is listed and it is accepted in the market as a hologram producing product.

Does this use laser to intersect as multiple thousand dollar hologram generators do? No.

This product WILL NOT give you a 3D experience equal to movie with glasses, but it will give you a much higher 3D experience then a monitor because of the different levels and design.

One thing I can tell you, watching a video of this product is NOTHING like watching this product, their is a HUGE difference.

So I guess part of your answer would depend on your definition. Is virtual reality true reality? No, but it sure can be cool to look at.

Best thing is to view yourself and make the determination for yourself.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Do these fans blow air towards you or are the blades flat?

No air movement, the blades are flat. Also because of that, they do not try to move off the back box, but because of players shacking a game, these MUST be secured with supplied Velcro.

The LED's are built into the blades.

Many people in pinball are around 50, so they will be able to relate to this. Today's TV's give such good pictures, but if you think about a TV 35 years ago, you could see the lines. This product has an effect like that old TV. Because the LED's are side by side, their are slight lines, but no one ever mentions that, because the experience is so cool.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

It kills me that I have been trying to resolve an issue with you guys for weeks now on receiving some wrong parts in which none of my emails through your site or paypal have been responded to and only 1 PM here has been responded to and yet, you have time to post multiple posts here about a new product.
While it is great that you guys are developing new stuff, please take the time to support the other things you already sell. I am stuck with a machine in parts because you sent me the wrong kit, and no way to resolve the issue because you guys do not respond to any emails.

Doesnt sound like great customer service.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Doesnt sound like great customer service.

We do have 5 people here, and I don't do emails personally. Yes, it does sound like an some issues here, and I will follow up. I gave both of those people my personal email to resolve those issues personally, and I will be following up with my people in different departments.

I will say this, we do have thousands of happy customers, and it is my goal to make sure these few are happy.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

While not disputing your experience, I received a damaged lighted speaker panel, and they were very prompt in responding and making things right. I trust that his comment about having health issues is genuine, but i’m Sure some improvements can be made in accounting for issues when they arise.
I would suggest if you want to address concerns about other topics than what the thread is intended for, then you create a new one focused on your issues.

And while I appreciate your suggestion, the problem was that I could not get anyone to respond through any other channels. This thread that they started had current activity from them and was the best way to get some help from them. Guess what? It worked and I am now in direct contact with him. So thanks, but we are back on track now. A new thread probably would not have been seen by them and my intent was not to bash or smear which a new thread would have that effect. This was my best bet in getting it touch and now I am.

Back to the main topic...

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can they sit lower so you don't see cord at all?

No, because it needs clearance for the fan blades (see picture below of one type of these displays when it's not spinning). You can kind of see the outline of the circle it makes in the videos, so no, it can't really go much lower. You COULD use one with a 90 degree mount that makes the fan vertical and attach to the side of the mount instead of the top so it went on the top of the head and just slide it forward so it overlapped the front of the head, but then you'd have the black tower the fan connects to sticking up.

The best solution is probably just to paint the base and power cord the same color as the wall it's mounted to.
hologram-fan (resized).jpghologram-fan (resized).jpg

#68 4 years ago

Just returned from Infocomm this past week, alot of advances in this area.....some of the stuff looked really good. I liked the models that were encased in plastic, so zero noise. Depending on the company they can be cheap or super expensive. Told one of the manufacturer's "don't know how I'd use this in my work, but would look great in my gameroom".

Fun toys....they were everywhere....

#69 4 years ago

Fantastic! I cannot wait to try.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, because it needs clearance for the fan blades (see picture below of one type of these displays when it's not spinning). You can kind of see the outline of the circle it makes in the videos, so no, it can't really go much lower. You COULD use one with a 90 degree mount that makes the fan vertical and the mount horizontal so it went on the top of the head and just slide it forward so it overlapped the front of the head, but then you'd have the black tower the fan connects to sticking up. The best solution is probably just to paint the base and power cord the same color as the wall it's mounted to.
[quoted image]

The fan sticks out 4 inches, our bases is 3 1/2". On our standard mount the height of the fan is about 1/2" above the stand. This is the mount we would recommend for most applications. The shorter mount that we have the fan blade goes down below the mount a little over an inch. When using this mount the base MUST line up with the top end of your back box, because the fan blade will go below your stand. This size mount was designed so the fan will fit on the taller games such as Sega.

Part of the experience is most walls are painted in just one color so it is easy to see the image moving. If the fan dropped in front of the graphics of the translight, you would loose some of the effect.

The later few picks have the power cord secured, and it is much cleaner. If you put some masking tape around the cord and paint it the color of your wall, the cord will be nearly invisible.

#71 4 years ago

These are cool!

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just returned from Infocomm this past week, alot of advances in this area.....some of the stuff looked really good. I liked the models that were encased in plastic, so zero noise. Depending on the company they can be cheap or super expensive. Told one of the manufacturer's "don't know how I'd use this in my work, but would look great in my gameroom".

Thank you for the comments.

The fan does have some some noise, about that of a table fan.

Their is a huge gap on price point on these, you can get into thousands of dollars on these pretty quick. Our is the base model to keep the price down.

On larger displays of these they offset the fans about an inch and stack them. An example would be having the Death Star on the top left of the game. On the top right about an inch back you could have on displaying tie fighters flying towards the Death Star. They make huge displays of these stacked like that.

#73 4 years ago

To hide the cord would a support bracket with mirror possibly work?

#74 4 years ago

If you already have a topper, can you add this as an extra? For that extra Shazam?

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

If you already have a topper, can you add this as an extra? For that extra Shazam?

If you can get the blade in front of the topper without touching it.

#76 4 years ago

Thank you for the comments.
The fan does have some some noise, about that of a table fan.
Their is a huge gap on price point on these, you can get into thousands of dollars on these pretty quick. Our is the base model to keep the price down.
On larger displays of these they offset the fans about an inch and stack them. An example would be having the Death Star on the top left of the game. On the top right about an inch back you could have on displaying tie fighters flying towards the Death Star. They make huge displays of these stacked like that.

Yep....saw some staggering stuff in this arena....definitely an alternative to neon on some walls of my gameroom.....

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep....saw some staggering stuff in this arena....definitely an alternative to neon on some walls of my gameroom.....

This stuff is very exciting and I did consider it for my own game room but the problem is people wanting to touch the fan blades. Ideally the fans are placed out of reach. A Pinball topper seems like a good idea because it is out of reach. But I don’t know where else I could place it in my game room.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This stuff is very exciting and I did consider it for my own game room but the problem is people wanting to touch the fan blades. Ideally the fans are placed out of reach. A Pinball topper seems like a good idea because it is out of reach. But I don’t know where else I could place it in my game room.

The newer ones that have plastic enclosures make touching the blade impossible. That's definitely where these are going.

#79 4 years ago

We have a rotating Death Star, that was one of the first ones we did. We have about 8 Star Wars videos.

Awesome idea.

Are there any licencing issues for you to overcome?

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Awesome idea.
Are there any licencing issues for you to overcome?

Yes, won't be doing any of Rick's graphics, which will limit some of the things we can do on some titles, such as Theatre of Magic, Black Knight and so on. We just won't use his exact graphics, we are working on a tiger with a saw.

#81 4 years ago

Yes, won't be doing any of Rick's graphics, which will limit some of the things we can do on some titles, such as Theatre of Magic, Black Knight and so on.

Beyond Rick - Looking at your 1st post do you need licensing for a lot of what you posted, example GNR, Jurassic Park, Metallica, AC-DC, etc.

#82 4 years ago

Very cool product. Can’t wait to see more games added.

#83 4 years ago

Very cool. My only issue with it is that I imagine it’s a bit of an eye sore when not on.

#84 4 years ago

Yes, won't be doing any of Rick's graphics, which will limit some of the things we can do on some titles, such as Theatre of Magic, Black Knight and so on. We just won't use his exact graphics, we are working on a tiger with a saw.

That is great. we are really looking forward to seeing one in person.

#85 4 years ago

Certain games this topper will be ideal...

Ghostbusters. The Slimer image can look exactly like the movie and it's a nice tie-in to the holgram on the game
Twilight Zone. The B/W door image is perfect for the movie intro. If some of the other tv intro graphics are added, it would be spectacular
WMS 2000 games. The games are built around a projected image. This is a no-brainer.

#86 4 years ago

I remember seeing those at CES, for advertisement. They looked great, they look even better as pinball toppers but they are loud as hell, not sure I would enjoy the show for long at home.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wish I had known I would have said come by our booth for some good swag

Yes I saw these fans in arrays right in the entrance hall so they had a bigger canvas. The image is very vibrant in real life. Of course my iPhone video of it looks like crap

#88 4 years ago

I'll take the Ronnie James Dio one please.
Scale is pretty close to actual size.

#89 4 years ago

Everytime I see that lil Dr. Pepper dude commercial I have a strong urge to throw on DIO.
LIKE I NEED A REASON

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Wish I had known I would have said come by our booth for some good swag
Yes I saw these fans in arrays right in the entrance hall so they had a bigger canvas. The image is very vibrant in real life. Of course my iPhone video of it looks like crap

In and out on business (1.5 days), but always like to check the toys....agreed, I took a few phone videos, all look like crap....they definitely are making progress w these things....what booth were you at?

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Very cool. My only issue with it is that I imagine it’s a bit of an eye sore when not on.

Not that bad. It only has 2 blades and those are about a inch wide. The center hub is about 4" in diameter. The stand being plexiglass is normally not to visible.

#92 4 years ago

so we are using our photosensor relay that we invented and introduced about a year and a half ago

www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2323847.m570.l1312.R1.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xphoto.TRS2&_nkw=photosensitive+relay&_sacat=0

Looks like your invention really took off. They are all over ebay with multiple sellers and manufacturers. I'm pretty sure they have been readily available for several years. I bought a couple of them myself from ebay about a year ago. They are relays made specifically to switch on and off when they sense different levels of light....I don't really understand what you added to that to justify you calling them your invention.

The toppers look nice. I have seen the 3D hologram fans pop up on my Facebook feed recently and they look cool, but I have never seen one in person. I can imagine a row of games with them all having them installed would look very futuristic.

Good luck with their sales and I hope to see one in person soon, as I'm sure they would look even more impressive in person than they do on a video.

#93 4 years ago

Super cool stuff, looks amazing. Please make one for a Alien, that’s amazing. Do you ship to Europe?

Best regarts
Frank

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2323847.m570.l1312.R1.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xphoto.TRS2&_nkw=photosensitive+relay&_sacat=0
Looks like your invention really took off. They are all over ebay with multiple

sellers and manufacturers. I'm pretty sure they have been readily available for several years. I bought a couple of them myself from ebay about a year ago. They are relays made specifically to switch on and off when they sense different levels of light....I don't really understand what you added to that to justify you calling them your invention.
The toppers look nice. I have seen the 3D hologram fans pop up on my Facebook feed recently and they look cool, but I have never seen one in person. I can imagine a row of games with them all having them installed would look very futuristic.
Good luck with their sales and I hope to see one in person soon, as I'm sure they would look even more impressive in person than they do on a video.

A row of games with these on them will be very loud these are like 60 decibels each. People had issues with stern spike system tiny power supply fans noise. These are alot louder then those.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

A row of games with these on them will be very loud these are like 60 decibels each. People had issues with stern spike system tiny power supply fans noise. These are alot louder then those.

60 decibels!

#96 4 years ago

What file format is source video and what resolution works best? Can angle be changed so projector could sit and spin on top a pinball machine and project images above it to better hide device and wires?

#97 4 years ago

Vacuum cleaner is 70 dB, conversation is 60 and refrigerator is 50 dB for comparison....

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

60 decibels!

Yeah I'm out at that noise level.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Looks like your invention really took off. They are all over ebay with multiple sellers and manufacturers. I'm pretty sure they have been readily available for several years. I bought a couple of them myself from ebay about a year ago. They are relays made specifically to switch on and off when they sense different levels of light....I don't really understand what you added to that to justify you calling them your invention.

Doug, thank you on the comment on this item.

I am surprised about your comment on my photosensor relay, let me explain.

You make speaker lights, right? Well, the LED strips were around before your speaker lights, remote controlled LED's were around before speaker lights, LED mounts were around before your speaker lights, 12 volt power supply's were around before your speaker lights. So what makes your speaker lights so special? It is that configured and adapted it for pinball use. I don't diminish your product even though that technology was out before your product, you have a great product.

The technology for my relay was out before I made it, but I configure it and adapted it to work on pinball. I changed the electrical flow chart, if you look at all of your relays, you had to use an out side wire to jump the power path, I made the wire long enough to give the flexibility to mount easaly, I made the pedometer sensitive enough so you can put the photosensor close enough to a single play field LED and it would turn on and off an item, I changed it from a mechanical relay to a solid state relay to cut down on noise and current use, I put a standard 12V plug on it so it could hook up easily.

I made many changed to existing products to make it work in the pinball industry, that is what is different on my relay, and my hologram fan, and my plasma pop bumpers, my photo sensor relay, and my pinspot graphics and my lighted magnetic hinge covers. All of those individual products were out before, I just adapted them and made those technologies work for pinball. Just exactly like you did for your speaker light kits.

Again, I am not knocking you product, I think it is great. Please don't knock my product because I made many changes for them to work on pinball.

#100 4 years ago

My take is that a pinball machine topper really should be an overall static display piece of some kind. I would want it to add to the theme of the machine while off and be of some, but not too much, additive value while the machine is on/playing. I can see this idea working in an arcade environment but not for home use, at least for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this/page/2?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.