(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcp (resized).JPG
EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpg
F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 3 years ago

I have one switch-controlled outlet in my game room which I use for this topper. Just flip the switch and it's on. Unfortunately, it's usually off because it's too noisy. Maybe a defective unit, it works fine but makes an awful squeaky noise.

#602 3 years ago

The software to make videos into BIN files seems to be the trickiest thing for this, looking at amazon.ca reviews. Software missing, or broken links to downloads, or all in Chinese. Only thing holding me back from buying a generic one and making my own videos for Tron.

#603 3 years ago
Quoted from GEZ-:

The software to make videos into BIN files seems to be the trickiest thing for this, looking at amazon.ca reviews. Software missing, or broken links to downloads, or all in Chinese. Only thing holding me back from buying a generic one and making my own videos for Tron.

If your ever in St Paul, Minnesota I could sell you mine, new in the box for $175.

#604 3 years ago
Quoted from GEZ-:

Surely the software can be found for download online.

#605 3 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083ZVQ8FC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

Just got this for $95 off of Amazon. Works fine, a bit loud but when I'm flipping I'll probably have my PinSound up louder.

Only issue was the software .rar file wouldn't unzip on my PC, but unzipped fine on my mac. Converted a few videos and looks pretty cool. I'll probably just mount it on the wall. Included remote works fine.

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

amazon.com link »
Just got this for $95 off of Amazon. Works fine, a bit loud but when I'm flipping I'll probably have my PinSound up louder.
Only issue was the software .rar file wouldn't unzip on my PC, but unzipped fine on my mac. Converted a few videos and looks pretty cool. I'll probably just mount it on the wall. Included remote works fine.

I have to say the external packaging makes it appear that this is the exact same one the the LPM guys distribute. Wonder if it has the same software?

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have to say the external packaging makes it appear that this is the exact same one the the LPM guys distribute. Wonder if it has the same software?

I'm sure if its not identical it's very close. Most of these types of things just all use standard codec and file formats. I don't know this guy or his reputation but this felt like a cash grab. Just selling an existing product that people hadn't seen yet for a tidy profit.

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

It's definitely the same software that wiggy07 used to convert his Star Wars files. I noticed the similarity in packaging so I figured it was a good choice, also the cheapest one.

Just like LED striplights, all this stuff comes out of China with very similar software, usually just renamed. Mine software defaulted to English, but has the usual badly translated instructions.

I'm comfortable ripping, resizing and trimming my own clips, so it was kind of a no brainer not to pay however much more.

#609 3 years ago

Maybe I will pick up that one, don’t have a Mac though. Does the software work on PC once uncompressed or just MAC?
That same one is $405 Canadian on amazon.ca but they they also ship to Canada from .com so that would be much cheaper!

#610 3 years ago
Quoted from GEZ-:

Maybe I will pick up that one, don’t have a Mac though. Does the software work on PC once uncompressed or just MAC?
That same one is $405 Canadian on amazon.ca but they they also ship to Canada from .com so that would be much cheaper!

Software works on a PC only. I only tried to uncompress it with the stock windows app. There are others like 7zip that might do it, but I just tried it on the mac first.

2 weeks later
#611 3 years ago

The website is back up

#612 3 years ago

i got one for TZ. Where is this “app” for the iphone?

#613 3 years ago

Brother just got this for Star Wars....

1 week later
#614 3 years ago

Can I still buy one?

#615 3 years ago

Is anyone bothered by how it looks on your game when it’s off? I don’t think i’d be able to get passed that no matter how good it looks when it’s on. It’s a real eye-sore.

#616 3 years ago

Well, depends on how you feel. Lots of people don’t like no toppers. Some people like stock toppers. And then some people just throw a Walmart toy on top and they’re happy...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
6 months later
#617 3 years ago

Can anyone share the video files for either Pirates or Shadow?

I'd like to see a clean source video of the animations playing from a digital player instead of a video of the fan spinning with the animations.

Im willing to pay.

2 weeks later
#618 3 years ago

Been working on making an animation for AFM. If it comes out okay, I'm happy to share with anyone whose interested.

Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpgScreen Sh(1) (resized).jpg

20210108_172319 (resized).jpg20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
10 months later
#619 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Here's the YouTube channel. There are a bunch of GB vids available.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQJPu96OTXwHeANvxo0KOBw
You could make all of the GB vids play in a loop and remove all of the other ones already on the topper.
My advice..
1- use the recommended programs in THIS order. clipgrab (creates mp4s), vsdc editor (edits mp4s), and then 224_3D (converts mp4s to bin files)
2- if you want your videos to show up in a particular order, alphabetize your final bin files but make sure they don't start with any capital letters (the fan loads the files with capital letters FIRST which took me a long time to figure out)
3- 50 bin files MAX! Even though there is PLENTY of space on the sd card, if you try 51 then NONE of them will play on the fan
4- the fan does not require the "app and program" folder on the sd card. You can delete it after you have copied it to your PC. All you need are the bin files on the sd card
Hopefully this will help out some of you.
Nick

I got one of these today. My I created my own video but the problem is it’s slanted even though the video itself isn’t. Is there a way to shift in the hologram device? Also, don’t stick your fingers in the fan. Jesus man I thought I broke it. Lol.

EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpegEB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
#620 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I got one of these today. My I created my own video but the problem is it’s slanted even though the video itself isn’t. Is there a way to shift in the hologram device? Also, don’t stick your fingers in the fan. Jesus man I thought I broke it. Lol.[quoted image]

Mine is slanted too. Would be interested to hear any potential solutions…

Otherwise an incredible product

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Yeah and it was super easy to get going so not sure what the struggles were. Quick question, if you render with a black background does that make it transparent?

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

I answered my own question. I made one with a wonkavator flying around off a 3D model with a black background and it looks great.

#623 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Been working on making an animation for AFM. If it comes out okay, I'm happy to share with anyone whose interested.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What software are you using?

#624 2 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

I actually do video compositing as a hobby so I use after effects. It allows you to import .obj 3D files and manipulate them. I did a wonkavator flying through the air that looks great. Black background on the video is transparent on the hologram. Do not ever use white.

#625 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I actually do video compositing as a hobby so I use after effects. It allows you to import .obj 3D files and manipulate them. I did a wonkavator flying through the air that looks great. Black background on the video is transparent on the hologram. Do not ever use white.

Cool. Didn't look like Adobe from what you showed. I've been thinking of learning Blender to do 3D animation. Extremely powerful but a steep learning curve goes along with it (not that after effects has a quick curve)...

Jaz

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

I used Meshroom for the model, and I have Blender to animate.

But admittedly, other things have taken priority and I've put texturing and animating on hold until I get motivated again.

1 month later
#627 2 years ago

Did anyone ever figure out how to make video clips fill the full circle rather than show as letterboxed?

Thanks

#628 2 years ago

Also, if anyone has some Star Wars clips they would be willing to share I would be most appreciative.

#629 2 years ago

So, I have been having some modest success creating some Star Wars videos. However, the best thing I learned is that you can zoom in the little circle on the 3-D rendering program which significantly diminishes the letterboxing. On widescreen videos it will not eliminate them but they are certainly much improved.

1 week later
#630 2 years ago

Anyone have a file for Terminator they would like to share?

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Anyone have a file for Terminator they would like to share?

I’d like to know too!

4 weeks later
#632 2 years ago

Anyone done one for The Mandalorian yet???

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#633 2 years ago
Quoted from Deafman013:

Anyone done one for The Mandalorian yet???

You can easily capture video of the helmet rotating and use that. Have the capture window right around the helmet, and make sure your mouse pointer is below the capture window, then do one rotation with a steady right to left movement and loop that.

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/the-mandalorian-helmet-1d606adf659849c794a85bca69045c4b

1 month later
#634 2 years ago

I'm thinking of getting one of these for my Tron and making my own tribute to the OG Tron MCP. Can somebody link me to the PC software that converts the video for the halo fan? Or can you just drop video with a black background right on the memory card. Maya and after effects are in my bag of tricks. Before I buy anything I want to see the software.
mcp (resized).JPGmcp (resized).JPG

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm thinking of getting one of these for my Tron and making my own tribute to the OG Tron MCP. Can somebody link me to the PC software that converts the video for the halo fan? Or can you just drop video with a black background right on the memory card. Maya and after effects are in my bag of tricks. Before I buy anything I want to see the software.
[quoted image]

This page has links to the software for all different styles of hologram fans:
http://www.mycaraok.com/apps3d_en.php

This is a popular conversion app:
https://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/download.php

This guy has a general overview of conversion when working with any of the hologram fans on the market:

#636 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This page has links to the software for all different styles of hologram fans:
http://www.mycaraok.com/apps3d_en.php
This is a popular conversion app:
https://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/download.php
This guy has a general overview of conversion when working with any of the hologram fans on the market:

Thanks for the resources kind sir. I'm looking around for deals on the fans and maybe a stand.

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Thanks for the resources kind sir. I'm looking around for deals on the fans and maybe a stand.

Depending on the size and style you want, if you're DIY'ing it, you can get a hologram fan for as little as $50 from aliexpress. When you get it, if the fan you choose takes 12v input from an AC adapter, ditch the AC adapter that uses the service plug and make a fused (DO NOT DO IT WITHOUT AN INLINE FUSE) harness that plugs into the 12v on the Spike power distribution board for a cleaner, safer install. I covered how to do that here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-fan-or-lightedpinballmods-power-fix#post-6241182

Whichever route you go, good luck!

#638 2 years ago

Thanks for the well wishes and the extra tips. I'm eyeballing this alibaba fan on ebay from an American seller. Only wish it came with a stand but it seems like a decent buy regardless.

ebay.com link: VEVOR 3D Holographic Projector Hologram Fan 42cm 224 LED for Advertising US

2 weeks later
#639 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me if these are loud enough to be a nuisance?

Very interested but don't want a loud fan in my face.

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from falcon950:

They are loud. Imagine a stand fan on "HIGH" - about like that. You can do cool things with them, but you have to know going in that noise is part of the deal.

It's really disingenuous that these are advertised with the sound taken off the video so people can't hear the noise level.

Someone on youtube posted an example of a random hologram fan they bought and installed, for your reference. It seems more rumbly than the lightedpinballmods one I helped a pinsider install, but a pretty good approximation of real-world noise level:

#641 2 years ago

Loud. But pinball turned up hides it pretty well.

I keep meaning to invent a 3d printed add on to thin the leading edge and quiet it down. But I’m too lazy.

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I keep meaning to invent a 3d printed add on to thin the leading edge and quiet it down. But I’m too lazy.

Do it man, I'd get a set from you.

#643 2 years ago

It's loud. Yet doesn't bother me because my gameroom is louder.

#644 2 years ago
Quoted from falcon950:

I bought one and I don't use it because the fan noise is a nuisance.

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I'd buy it-

#646 2 years ago

I have an aliexpress one. definitely loud... One of those things that if you have people over, you turn it on for the cool factor, but if you're playing it yourself, you'd turn it off.

One thing I was thinking of is getting a plexiglass case for it. The case itself should block some of the sound, and if you get a round one, the air should quickly be moving at the same speed of the fan, so would probably cut out that noise.... but then you lose a bit of the cool factor since it wouldn't really seem like it's floating in air.

#647 2 years ago

Mine stays off all the time. It's not just the loudness factor but I have cats and they sometimes climb on the backboxes. When this thing is running they can't see it from the sides or the back and risk smashing into it. I've come close to a disaster a few times. I may put it on a wall at some point because it does look cool.

#648 2 years ago

I Have a regular one with a stand and a larger, higher resolution version, in a custom round Plexicase,
available. The Bigger one is NIB. The other was used as a Test, for Pinball and other industry advertising.
(sent to people in the biz, before this release thread)

Ill grab some pics shortly, but if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM, and we can chat.

Art

4 months later
#649 1 year ago

Are there any good files for LOTR for this? Reading through this old thread a bit it seems like the OP is no longer supporting?

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Are there any good files for LOTR for this? Reading through this old thread a bit it seems like the OP is no longer supporting?

Here's someone who has made a floating rings video for holographic fans. The file is high res, up to 2160p. You'd need to convert it using the utility that comes with the fans, but that shouldn't be too hard. I'm sure there are others out there like this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this/page/13?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.