(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 610 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by cabuford
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
1111 (resized).jpg
4444 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg

There are 610 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
#601 14 days ago

I have one switch-controlled outlet in my game room which I use for this topper. Just flip the switch and it's on. Unfortunately, it's usually off because it's too noisy. Maybe a defective unit, it works fine but makes an awful squeaky noise.

#602 13 days ago

The software to make videos into BIN files seems to be the trickiest thing for this, looking at amazon.ca reviews. Software missing, or broken links to downloads, or all in Chinese. Only thing holding me back from buying a generic one and making my own videos for Tron.

#603 13 days ago
Quoted from GEZ-:

The software to make videos into BIN files seems to be the trickiest thing for this, looking at amazon.ca reviews. Software missing, or broken links to downloads, or all in Chinese. Only thing holding me back from buying a generic one and making my own videos for Tron.

If your ever in St Paul, Minnesota I could sell you mine, new in the box for $175.

#604 13 days ago
Quoted from GEZ-:

Surely the software can be found for download online.

#605 12 days ago

amazon.com link »

Just got this for $95 off of Amazon. Works fine, a bit loud but when I'm flipping I'll probably have my PinSound up louder.

Only issue was the software .rar file wouldn't unzip on my PC, but unzipped fine on my mac. Converted a few videos and looks pretty cool. I'll probably just mount it on the wall. Included remote works fine.

#606 12 days ago
Quoted from cabuford:

amazon.com link »
Just got this for $95 off of Amazon. Works fine, a bit loud but when I'm flipping I'll probably have my PinSound up louder.
Only issue was the software .rar file wouldn't unzip on my PC, but unzipped fine on my mac. Converted a few videos and looks pretty cool. I'll probably just mount it on the wall. Included remote works fine.

I have to say the external packaging makes it appear that this is the exact same one the the LPM guys distribute. Wonder if it has the same software?

#607 12 days ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have to say the external packaging makes it appear that this is the exact same one the the LPM guys distribute. Wonder if it has the same software?

I'm sure if its not identical it's very close. Most of these types of things just all use standard codec and file formats. I don't know this guy or his reputation but this felt like a cash grab. Just selling an existing product that people hadn't seen yet for a tidy profit.

#608 12 days ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

It's definitely the same software that wiggy07 used to convert his Star Wars files. I noticed the similarity in packaging so I figured it was a good choice, also the cheapest one.

Just like LED striplights, all this stuff comes out of China with very similar software, usually just renamed. Mine software defaulted to English, but has the usual badly translated instructions.

I'm comfortable ripping, resizing and trimming my own clips, so it was kind of a no brainer not to pay however much more.

#609 12 days ago

Maybe I will pick up that one, don’t have a Mac though. Does the software work on PC once uncompressed or just MAC?
That same one is $405 Canadian on amazon.ca but they they also ship to Canada from .com so that would be much cheaper!

#610 12 days ago
Quoted from GEZ-:

Maybe I will pick up that one, don’t have a Mac though. Does the software work on PC once uncompressed or just MAC?
That same one is $405 Canadian on amazon.ca but they they also ship to Canada from .com so that would be much cheaper!

Software works on a PC only. I only tried to uncompress it with the stock windows app. There are others like 7zip that might do it, but I just tried it on the mac first.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
There are 610 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside