(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcp (resized).JPG
EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpg
F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
#551 4 years ago

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I opted to finally setup my fan topper this week and the way I understand it access to the premium set of videos is requested via email? I sent an email not sure how long that takes. Anyone have any input? GB setup.

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I opted to finally setup my fan topper this week and the way I understand it access to the premium set of videos is requested via email? I sent an email not sure how long that takes. Anyone have any input? GB setup.

Maybe try to message them on one of the many ads they have on ebay.
I just went back into my GB premium videos they sent me and seems like a lot of them are no longer there. I may be wrong

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from sonambulo:

I don't know, I sent a PM to him without answer...

If anyone’s interested, he replied my PM. Cool guy!

1 week later
#554 4 years ago

Anyone tried to make the fins more aerodynamic to cut down the sound/air flow? I think that would cut down sound significantly

#555 4 years ago

Once the games are being played, you can't hear the fan.

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Once the games are being played, you can't hear the fan.

I feel like i can. Seems like a simple add on could change the profile of the blade and help. Any sound reduction would be good.

#557 4 years ago

Any chance for a BBB file??

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBertl:

While Litedpinballmods is on Pinside, he hasn’t bothered to post an update in this thread for 4 months. I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBertl:

You could easily create your own from this YT video of the color dmd.

1 month later
#560 4 years ago

Hey I am looking for the TZ file. Is anyone able to provide me a link or email with instructions? I am just getting around to setting this up and I don't have the instructions page for some reason. Thanks

#561 4 years ago

Here’s a pic of my instructions doing this on my cheap phone don’t no how to post a link. Hope this helps.

F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpegF92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
#562 4 years ago

Terrible customer service I installed mine and asked for ghostbusters stuff installed when it came and he didn’t so it’s stuck with a I phone and Chinese shut on it

#563 4 years ago

It would seem that the op has abandoned this product.

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

That's a shame, mine has held up well since day one, still like it, still a head turner.

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Sadly it does seem like the communication and interest in this product have sadly died. Really looks nice though.

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from Clint12:

Terrible customer service I installed mine and asked for ghostbusters stuff installed when it came and he didn’t so it’s stuck with a I phone and Chinese shut on it

Here's the YouTube channel. There are a bunch of GB vids available.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQJPu96OTXwHeANvxo0KOBw

You could make all of the GB vids play in a loop and remove all of the other ones already on the topper.

My advice..
1- use the recommended programs in THIS order. clipgrab (creates mp4s), vsdc editor (edits mp4s), and then 224_3D (converts mp4s to bin files)
2- if you want your videos to show up in a particular order, alphabetize your final bin files but make sure they don't start with any capital letters (the fan loads the files with capital letters FIRST which took me a long time to figure out)
3- 50 bin files MAX! Even though there is PLENTY of space on the sd card, if you try 51 then NONE of them will play on the fan
4- the fan does not require the "app and program" folder on the sd card. You can delete it after you have copied it to your PC. All you need are the bin files on the sd card

Hopefully this will help out some of you.
Nick

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I wouldn't say that. He uploaded a lot of new video content just 2 months ago

#568 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I got very quick response from them a few weeks ago when requesting the Deadpool videos. I think if you message them on Facebook you might get faster response than if you email them.

#569 4 years ago

How do I find them on Facebook?

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from Clint12:

How do I find them on Facebook?

Search for "Lighted Pinball Mods" and you should find them

https://www.facebook.com/lightedpinballmods/

#571 3 years ago

I haven't set mine up yet so I don't know what vids come on the card. What are they?

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I haven't set mine up yet so I don't know what vids come on the card. What are they?

None of the pinball themed videos are preloaded on the card. If I recall there may have been some Chinese advertising and a koi fish. I've had mine spinning for 8 months and still digging it.

#573 3 years ago

I have one with some premium Ghostbusters videos on it, if anyone is interested in purchasing one.

#574 3 years ago

I finally got a video on mine trying to load a nascar clip said file won’t upload,, I use clip grab ,, on clip grab I searched ghostbusters but can’t get any good clips !! Anyone no what to search? I would like silly Wonka clips I couldn’t find them either

2 weeks later
#575 3 years ago

Two questions:
Are people running these directly off machine power (vs plugging into the outlet in the cab)?

Does anyone have any good video for potc or lotr? I was thinking eye of sauron on black background would be amazing but it’s a little beyond my skill set.

#576 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Two questions:
Are people running these directly off machine power (vs plugging into the outlet in the cab)?
Does anyone have any good video for potc or lotr? I was thinking eye of sauron on black background would be amazing but it’s a little beyond my skill set.

they run off power pluged directly into the cab Outlet , they use a light sensor as an on off switch.

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

they run off power pluged directly into the cab Outlet , they use a light sensor as an on off switch.

I know. No was wondering if I can avoid that and wire directly into 12v or something more elegant.

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I know. No was wondering if I can avoid that and wire directly into 12v or something more elegant.

Get something like a $18 meanwell RD35A mini switching power supply and mount it in the cabinet back. It outputs a stable 12v and 5v for pretty much any mod you desire without messing with the power spike uses. Just tap into the 120v where the power comes into the service box, run that to the power supply, and then take all 5v and 12v mod power off that.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/mean-well-usa-inc/RD-35A/1866-3983-ND/7705982

#579 3 years ago

How do you order this product? Is it out of production?

I don't use Facebook and the company website is restricted. I'm waiting for a PM response from the OP but it looks like responses can be slow.

Is it possible to share video files or software with other mod owners, or are they only accessible from the OP?

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get something like a $18 meanwell RD35A mini switching power supply and mount it in the cabinet back. It outputs a stable 12v and 5v for pretty much any mod you desire without messing with the power spike uses. Just tap into the 120v where the power comes into the service box, run that to the power supply, and then take all 5v and 12v mod power off that.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/mean-well-usa-inc/RD-35A/1866-3983-ND/7705982

I was wondering about something like that. Does that separate power supply turn on and off with the game then? That would be ideal.

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I was wondering about something like that. Does that separate power supply turn on and off with the game then? That would be ideal.

Depends on the power supply, but the one I linked turns on when power is applied, so you're good to go.

The trick is getting one that has at least two outputs (most are single output, pick one voltage), one for 5v and the other for 12v, so you have power for pretty much any kind of mod you could want as long as you don't draw more than 4A total.

1 week later
#582 3 years ago

Hi mates,

When I received the topper, I tested to see if it worked fine, and for circumstances I couldn't install and kept in a box until now.

Now I see that the webpage doesn't work and can't get any videos, neither the "premium package" for a machine, and Dan seems to be absent...

I bought this topper specially for the videos, because we all could find an holo-fan in aliexpress more cheaper, but now I don't have any video and I don't have time to make my own stuff...

I was thinking that maybe we all can share the videos in some unified place, so people like me, and others users who would like to have more videos could make it.

What do you think?

#583 3 years ago

I am in the exact same boat. I ordered when these went on sale but it still sits in my garage unopened. I may get around to actually setting it up someday, but not anytime soon. I would be up for collecting some videos though. I believe I have the link to the videos for the game I requested at the time, and last I checked, they were still there online (YouTube I believe), but I have not checked recently. I suppose I should download them before they come down (if they haven't already).

#584 3 years ago

The only justification for the higher prices for these was the access to videos and support. Hopefully the OP will continue to support his customers.

#585 3 years ago

I was initially interested, but it's the lack of content and the lack of response from the OP that has steered me away from buying into this.

This product really needs to be an open source item to make it worthwhile and versatile. Paying a premium for access from an unresponsive gatekeeper is a red flag.

Ideally, a 3D computer model / animator could really add value to this product. Stuff like the Slimer animation looks great. If 2D video is all that's available, it's basically just a glorified monitor. .

#586 3 years ago

I would be up for sharing. I have the premium Star Wars package, I believe. Looking for a good lotr and potc. For potc the one in this thread would be amazing. Just don’t know how to download and convert

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I would be up for sharing. I have the premium Star Wars package, I believe. Looking for a good lotr and potc. For potc the one in this thread would be amazing. Just don’t know how to download and convert

Paynemic, I don't know if you watched my video on the downloading and conversion of videos for the topper, but I created around 30 videos for my Star Wars Prem machine. I use Sony Vegas to convert the video and another program called Wondershare to download the video from YouTube.

If you and others are having an issue creating video, watch the video if you want to get an idea on how to fully download the video and install on the topper.

#588 3 years ago

My biggest issue was forcing a perfectly black background to show as "invisible" to have the graphic float, and rotate in 3D. Every attempt, produced a slightly off black background, which could be seen.
Anyone solve this?

#589 3 years ago

So, is lightedpinballmods dark? Anyone heard from Dan?

#590 3 years ago

Damn, just “discovered” this and think it would be perfect for my Tron but now worried support is gone. Anyone on here selling their’s, or make their own? I am in Canada..

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

So, is lightedpinballmods dark? Anyone heard from Dan?

I did see this post from May 9 on their Facebook page, didn't already see it posted here (FYI I did reach out to Chuck to confirm that their main website and email is still down, he responded to me within 5 minutes when I pinged him using Facebook Messenger):

Good Afternoon, Chuck here. We here at LightedPinballMods are currently having technical and web issues at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience, but hope to have the issues fixed in a timely manner!!
This does affect our email system as well. For those of you who know me. I can be directly reached through Facebook or private messenger! As an alternative, our Pinside as well as Ebay stores are open and running! Please spread the word if needed. Thanks to all our AWESOME CUSTOMERS and to Future ones!!
Keep that Silver Ball Rollin!!

Thanks,
Chuck Norris..

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from GEZ-:

Damn, just “discovered” this and think it would be perfect for my Tron but now worried support is gone. Anyone on here selling their’s, or make their own? I am in Canada..

It just an off the shelf unit available all over the place. You can get one on amazon.ca for as low as $100 cdn. They call them 3D Hologram Advertising, they are just meant for store fronts. The only value he was offering was all the content, it's not hard to make the videos. It looks like support is dead so you better off just to pick one up with a remote and your going to save a lot of money as well.

#593 3 years ago

Yeah probably that route. If anyone happens to have the Tron stuff for testing purposes..yeah, that’s it.

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It just an off the shelf unit available all over the place. You can get one on amazon.ca for as low as $100 cdn. They call them 3D Hologram Advertising, they are just meant for store fronts. The only value he was offering was all the content, it's not hard to make the videos. It looks like support is dead so you better off just to pick one up with a remote and your going to save a lot of money as well.

Actually the light sensing relay is a nice feature he included as well. Anyone have a cheap plug n play version of that?

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Actually the light sensing relay is a nice feature he included as well. Anyone have a cheap plug n play version of that?

Rock Custom Pinball has a +12v power supply, light sensing relay and an 8 way power splitter so multiple mods can be powered and switched on and off.

https://www.rockcustompinball.com/product-page/game-on-power-supply

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That is why I mentioned you can get them with a remote. The whole light sensing thing is just a waste of money, it is so easy to tap power from the pin. It's a lot neater as well, no need for the extra power supply and sensor.

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That is why I mentioned you can get them with a remote. The whole light sensing thing is just a waste of money, it is so easy to tap power from the pin. It's a lot neater as well, no need for the extra power supply and sensor.

On my lotr I seem to be right at the limit of the power supply. Are you talking about putting an external one in? And does it switch with the pin power?

#598 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

On my lotr I seem to be right at the limit of the power supply. Are you talking about putting an external one in? And does it switch with the pin power?

I don't know why you would be at the limit of a power supply but if you are its not difficult to run a relay off any circuit you want. I guess the light sensor saves you a splice, if that's worth that much coin all the power to you.

#599 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I don't know why you would be at the limit of a power supply but if you are its not difficult to run a relay off any circuit you want. I guess the light sensor saves you a splice, if that's worth that much coin all the power to you.

Can you explain how to run a relay off of any circuit?

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Can you explain how to run a relay off of any circuit?

A relay is an electronic switch, just like a light switch but instead of turning it on and off with your hand it is controlled via a different circuit. So you just splice into whatever circuit you like, say the GI and presto your device turns on and off when the GI turns on and off. The light sensing relay is the exact same thing but instead of splicing into the GI it senses light. Really though it’s kinda pointless there are plenty of places on a pin that you can tap the power that already turn on and off when you want. To me, the easiest thing if you want this is just buy one with a remote. Then you can turn it on when you want and not listen to it drone away in the background when you don’t.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this/page/12?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.