(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcp (resized).JPG
EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpg
F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Word of caution. I put the SD card back into the fan and accidentally put it in at an angle and it fell straight inside the fan arms. I can hear it rattling around but it stops when the fan is at full speed. There is no apparent easy way to take it apart. Be sure when you put it back it in,do so carefully.

That happened to me as well. It's actually pretty simple to get out. The blades snap apart easily. Then I had to remove a few screws to lift off the round plastic so I could get the card out. It shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to retrieve it.

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I emailed Dan but will also post here.
The image is shifted clockwise on my fan. It has been from day one. Is there a way to adjust it? It needs to be turned counter clockwise so that it's level. Don't know if that's possible.

We have noticed that will level out most of the way over the first 5 minutes, but their is still a little slant. It is only noticeable on videos that have a straight line on the bottom, which I would estimate is about 2% of the videos that we supply. I think it is the nature of the beast.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I think the little remote with the up and down arrow keys that came with the unit we'll tweak that[quoted image]

That looks great on that game. We tired to make a good selection of videos for the basic set at first for games such as Space Shuttle. We are going to be focusing on premium sets for the next few months, then we will go back and start adding videos to the basic set.

Comments of wanted videos are very helpful to us. I am sure we will get a lot of feedback at Chicago, and I take notes. But comments are helpful.

Thanks

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Dan, I left a message on your website a few weeks ago. Can you put me on the list?

I am sorry, not sure what happened, but I will follow up with my email person. If you have a question, you can PM us here, but my email person is part time, so it sometimes takes a couple of days to get a reply, and I don't regularly come to this thread.

We have not listed these on our website yet because we are still filling orders here. If you want to order, you can order from these links, and email us what premium set you want.

LPM ULT TOPPER: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-topper/

LPM ULT WALL ART: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-wall-art/

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Word of caution. I put the SD card back into the fan and accidentally put it in at an angle and it fell straight inside the fan arms. I can hear it rattling around but it stops when the fan is at full speed. There is no apparent easy way to take it apart. Be sure when you put it back it in,do so carefully.

Yes, you need to make sure you put the card in straight, their is a slight gap in the casing. The one person that posted an issue with theirs was because of that from the factory. We now run and test all units before shipping.

They blades pop apart pretty easy. I was able to use my fingernail to separate the end of one arm, then slowly pull apart till you get to the center hub. Then do the same thing on the other arm. When both arms are loose, you can pop the center apart and the front comes right off. Then it clicks back into place.

1 fan (resized).jpg1 fan (resized).jpg1 fan 1 (resized).jpg1 fan 1 (resized).jpg1 fan 2 (resized).jpg1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
#506 4 years ago

Ok, with the new GB code the back box light goes off and on a lot. This is where I have my sensor for my topper, so it keeps freezing from restarting so often.
Not sure what to do now.

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Ok, with the new GB code the back box light goes off and on a lot. This is where I have my sensor for my topper, so it keeps freezing from restarting so often.
Not sure what to do now.

I had a similar problem with my space shuttle machine , there's not a single light that's always on. Was able to tie the topper into some external LED ground effect lights I have. So that remote powers the topper.

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Not sure what to do now.

It can be put next to any light, I often us a GI light and have this right next to it, also we put it next to the coin door light often. Also check you pedometer, and dial it to be more sensitive.

We have used that relay for a few different mods, and have a few thousand of them out their.

Thanks
Dan

#509 4 years ago

So here's a question, have you guys thought of possibly offering a cherry-picked premium package. Where say a premium package where you could pick and choose from everything in the premium category ,much like you do with the basic video sets. Maybe like 20 or 25 picks.

20190930_215748 (resized).jpg20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
#510 4 years ago

How many clips currently for Attack from Mars/Revenge from Mars? Any plans for a premium pack for that?

Seems like this would be a perfect fit for the Pinball 2000 theme.

#511 4 years ago

Anybody making their own Star Wars clips?

I would like to see what people are coming up with.

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Anybody making their own Star Wars clips?
I would like to see what people are coming up with.

I just edited and grabbed a bunch of the clips from the original movies. The clips came out great. Probably have about 30 clips on the projector.

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I just edited and grabbed a bunch of the clips from the original movies. The clips came out great. Probably have about 30 clips on the projector.

Thanks! Those look nice.

I do think some clips would look better zoomed in to eliminate the letterboxing. Hopefully there is a simple solution to achieve this.

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Thanks! Those look nice.
I do think some clips would look better zoomed in to eliminate the letterboxing. Hopefully there is a simple solution to achieve this.

I agree about the letterbox. You need to find vids without the letter box or bring them into a video editing program to make those changes. It can be done just more editing which I didn't feel like doing . LOL

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Updates.
These premium sets are ready for upload:
1. Jurassic Park
2. Star Wars
3. Deadpool
4. Ghostbusters
5. Stern Star Trek
These are done and will be ready for upload in a few days:
1. Iron Maiden
2. Batman 66
3. Willy Wonka
4. The Munsters
5. World Cup Soccer
If you wanted one of the above premium sets, PM us and we will get you the link.
Sets we are working on now:
1. Creature From the Black Lagoon
2. Scared Stiff
3. Terminator
4. Twilight Zone
5. Iron Man
6. Indiana Jones
We canceled going to York because we have been so busy.
We will be in Chicago and will have 8 or more of these on display and will have some stock. We also should have the wall art shield and the topper shield in stock at the show.
A title that has moved up on the to do list is Elvira House of Horrors, we will have it ready for Chicago.
As a side note we will have a supply of PDI glass. You can verify with Joey at PDI that he supplies me to sell at shows.
I have not checked this thread in about 10 days and will get caught up on any questions.
We don't sell the videos. We do make videos to support this product. When you purchase a Hologram fan, we direct you to the location of the videos. Videos are subject to change.
Please PM us if you need the location of a set of videos.
Thanks
Dan

Iron Maiden ready for upload yet?

#516 4 years ago

OK I finally got my topper. I have it up and running but am having ZERO success in trying to use the "224" tool that came with the fan to upload videos over wi-fi. I get my .bin file created, connect to the fan's wifi network, and use the "File Upload" function within the app to try and upload a file to the fan. It will get some small percentage of the way through the transfer (6% is the highest I've ever got) and then fail with some kind of write error. I can control the fan using the app over wifi (advance videos, etc) but I have failed on all 10 attempts I've made to upload small or large files to it.

The slot for the SD card is very tiny and if you aren't very careful you will end up sending the card into the abyss and have to disassemble the blade and have to dig it out (don't ask me how I know this!)

Has anyone else had any succcess in transferring files via wifi?

#517 4 years ago

Does anyone's topper freeze on an image?
I was having the issue where it kept shutting off because the lights would go out on Ghostbusters, so I ran the sensor to the coin light and everything was fine. Then yesterday it kept freezing on an image, and I had to turn it off to restart. After about 10 mins it would freeze again.
Not sure what the problem is.

#518 4 years ago

Was having the same issue with mine when attached to the coin light on my space shuttle machine, however that would turn off at certain points during gameplay and in attract mode. Have since attached it to system light inside back box that is always on and have had no problems with images freezing since.

#519 4 years ago

So got some videos on my topper to day. As I thought I know nothing about computers. Way harder then I thought to do this. Good thing I had a friend that could help. This thing is amazing if you know how to use a computer that is. He still has a lot of editing to do but wow Ultimate topper indeed. IMG_2009.MOV

1 week later
#520 4 years ago

#521 4 years ago

I think I might sell mine, anyone interested?

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think I might sell mine,..

What?!? How is that possible? It's the Ultimate!

#523 4 years ago

The slimer and Ghostbusters videos just dont look as good as I had hoped. They look good, just not what I expected.

3 weeks later
#524 4 years ago

Got my setup today, Look at the videos. install the software, plug the usb thing into the computer. Computer doesn't recognize the usb stick. get on fb, guy tells me the carrier is empty the micro sd thing is in the fan. Ok look at fan I see what appears to be a clip like you see on a battery cover. Insert small screwdriver to pry it up. I had no idea that was a actually a micro sd card. I just never use them. Usb sticks rarely but a few times. gist of it is I didn't realize the usb stick was only a "carrier" for the micro sd and my prying on the fan rendered the micro sd card into trash. Once inserted to the carrier explorer would not recognize it. Its not like I failed to read the written directions (there arent any) . I did get the pink sheet with the video links. I think if I had received written instructions like everything else in the world I would have this working tonite. Oh and I didnt get a link to the ghostbusters download on the pink sheet. Why make people jump through hoops. Send another email? Ok I guess this is designed to avoid bootleggers. Sorry for the rant but this was just a frustrating start to what I believe will be a showstopper. Nuts... Now I wait for them to send me the files I need on a new micro sd card.

Sometimes you just do better than others... nuts

#525 4 years ago

If you had trouble removing the sd card from the fan, you are not going to have a fun time putting videos on it.

You shouldn't use any tools to remove the sd card, just push it in and it pops out.

#526 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

If you had trouble removing the sd card from the fan, you are not going to have a fun time putting videos on it.
You shouldn't use any tools to remove the sd card, just push it in and it pops out.

Yep, thought it was mounted inside. Amazon just delivered me a new card. I know now!

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think I might sell mine, anyone interested?

I'm thinking about buying one, so if you are still selling yours, let me know. Thx.

#528 4 years ago

Dude same as me shit show , no instructions like really? And waiting forever for a reply to how to upload different videos when I asked for a specific ones to be put on before they shipped it ,, and they never did. ,, customer service is very very lacking,, I won’t buy another

#529 4 years ago

I’m still trying to figure this out. I know i messed up the sd card. Bought another but still not working. Things I Dont know yet. Is there a size limit to the sd card for this? I bought a 123gb I got the bins moved to it but still doesn’t work. For the heck off it I bought 2 of these fans on amazon. Software and documentation of those is rather lacking also. Oh and they dont work either. Once I figure this out I will use the extras at my business. Going to turn this project into a part time career to figure out how the Chinese make these work. They are all built in china, hence the bad English in what they call instructions.

#530 4 years ago

Hope Dan sees this. Got it all working. I did have to modify the mount since my ceiling is way less than 8ft. On my ghostbusters I have 12 inches above it. So I lowered the mount a lot. The blades are about 4 inches in front of the back glass trans light. As you can see from the video it doesn’t even matter if the blades are in front as the whole trans light is still visible. The fan blades that you see in the video are only visible to the camera, not the the human eye. Had it running in my shop and customers coming in to pickup their trucks all thought it was pretty cool. Me: I think its just badass!

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from EdHess:

Hope Dan sees this. Got it all working. I did have to modify the mount since my ceiling is way less than 8ft. On my ghostbusters I have 12 inches above it. So I lowered the mount a lot. The blades are about 4 inches in front of the back glass trans light. As you can see from the video it doesn’t even matter if the blades are in front as the whole trans light is still visible. The fan blades that you see in the video are only visible to the camera, not the the human eye. Had it running in my shop and customers coming in to pickup their trucks all thought it was pretty cool. Me: I think its just badass!

That looks really good lowered like that Ed.

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from EdHess:

Me: I think its just badass!

This is totally Badass! No better mod for Ghost Busters! And I like it lower down like that.

3 weeks later
#533 4 years ago

Picked up one of these from CList. Created a couple of Star Wars bins. Just OK. Anyone willing to share what they have?

#534 4 years ago

I was considering a purchase, but this thead has gone quiet. I would love to hear from pinsiders on the good and bad.

Can anyone please either post or PM me your experience if you haven’t already posted it? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I was considering a purchase, but this thead has gone quiet. I would love to hear from pinsiders on the good and bad.
Can anyone please either post or PM me your experience if you haven’t already posted it? Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Agreed. The radio silence is disconcerting. I was willing to pay the surcharge for their development and support, but if that is gone I might just go the direct from China route.

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Agreed. The radio silence is disconcerting. I was willing to pay the surcharge for their development and support, but if that is gone I might just go the direct from China route.

I think its the best topper ever made. Looks better then I thought it would. Lots of space on the card to do what ever you want. Only bad thing I have found so far is, if you have those cheap stern legs And you tilt out the fan goes off balance and sounds like its grinding. And you will need to know how to use a computer I do not had to get a friend to do it. He also thinks it looks bad ass.

#537 4 years ago

I bought their wall mount version and still have not opened it. Not sure I will use it now do to changes in plans for the room it was going in. Just a other unopened box in the garage now. Lol. Not sure what I will do with it.

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

If you the slightest bit handy or technical straight from China is the way to go, its an off the shelf product and a relay. It is the holidays though I'm sure he will update more in the new year.

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If you the slightest bit handy or technical straight from China is the way to go, its an off the shelf product and a relay. It is the holidays though I'm sure he will update more in the new year.

I also bought one direct, and I have to say, the LightedPinballMods version has Waaaaaaaaaaaaay better software, and they’ve started to curate videos for specific machines. All the legwork is done; IMO it’s way better to buy the stuff from the guys. They’ve put a huge amount of work and testing into it and know their products.

#540 4 years ago

For what it's worth I've had mine in place on my space shuttle for 3 months now, I've had my machine for 20+ years and I've added all kinds of upgrades and modifications over those years and this is by far the most eye-catching, dazzling five stars two spoons a knife and a fork type of addition. Easy install, and the software doesn't take very long to get used to, I would definitely recommend it to other pinheads

#541 4 years ago

Bought a setup off of Craigslist didn't realize it's not the official one. It's pretty neat but not for me. Shoot me a PM if anybody is interested $160 shipped.

2 weeks later
#542 4 years ago

I'm trying to get files on the memory card for my friend. I noticed his memory card having a file called: SET File (.set) mixed in with the default demo .bin files and I was wondering if anyone knew what that file was.

I was hoping it was a way to possibly decide the order the topper plays the video files, but that was just a hopeful guess by the name of the file. Does anyone know how to change the order of the video files or even what order they seem to play in? It could be as simple as numbering them if that is how they are ordered. I don't know...I don't have the holo-fan here to try myself and the only reason it isn't boxed up in my friends closet is because I offered to try to figure things out and get the files downloaded and converted for him. The software to grab the video files off of YouTube (ClipGrab) wouldn't finish it's install on his PC.

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm trying to get files on the memory card for my friend. I noticed his memory card having a file called: SET File (.set) mixed in with the default demo .bin files and I was wondering if anyone knew what that file was.
I was hoping it was a way to possibly decide the order the topper plays the video files, but that was just a hopeful guess by the name of the file. Does anyone know how to change the order of the video files or even what order they seem to play in? It could be as simple as numbering them if that is how they are ordered. I don't know...I don't have the holo-fan here to try myself and the only reason it isn't boxed up in my friends closet is because I offered to try to figure things out and get the files downloaded and converted for him. The software to grab the video files off of YouTube (ClipGrab) wouldn't finish it's install on his PC.

You're right, in that it is just as simple as adding your own numbers to the front of your files. Keep in mind although you can load more than 50 videos on the card, it won't recognize or play more than 50 videos. If you have 51 loaded on there it wont play any.

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

You're right, in that it is just as simple as adding your own numbers to the front of your files. Keep in mind although you can load more than 50 videos on the card, it won't recognize or play more than 50 videos. If you have 51 loaded on there it wont play any.

OK...thanks a lot.

My friend mentioned something about being told there was a file limit. I wasn't sure if it was a limited number of files or a limit on the files sizes. I also wasn't sure if being over that limit would cause the files not to play at all or if it would just cut off the number above that.

The included memory card had a lot of room on it. So from what I am expecting you could keep the (up to 50) .bin files you want it to play on the root of the memory card and have others in folders on the memory card for easy switching by putting the memory card in a PC and dragging the .bin files from place to place.

My friend got the wall mount option because his ceiling was not tall enough, but he seems to only want the Star Wars clips on it (though he has most of the top Bally / Williams games in his collection). Maybe after some time of seeing the Star Wars clips he will decide to mix it up and if he puts a nice mix on the memory card, it should be pretty easy to mix it up from time to time.

Thanks again for the info Apinjunkie

1 week later
#545 4 years ago

Doug.
If you want your videos to show up in a particular order, alphabetize your final bin files but make sure they don't start with any capital letters (the fan loads the files with capital letters FIRST which took me a long time to figure out)
Nick

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Doug.
If you want your videos to show up in a particular order, alphabetize your final bin files but make sure they don't start with any capital letters (the fan loads the files with capital letters FIRST which took me a long time to figure out)
Nick

So I'm expecting the numbering (01 - 50) at the beginning of the file names would work to get them in the order you would like also, correct? I did get things delivered to my friends and we put the card in his wall mounted topper and it did work. I told him I thought he could just add the numbers at the beginning of the file names to get them in the order he would like.

Thanks for the tip. I think the capitol thing would have thrown me off also.

#547 4 years ago

Ordered.

#548 4 years ago

Why did the OP stop posting on his thread?

#549 4 years ago

Hi Everyone,
Going to sell my topper. Had it on my JJP POTC and looks awesome but decided to put a ship up there instead. Going for $100.00 plus $18 for shipping. Won't have the shorter stand arm (can't find it). PM if interested.

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Why did the OP stop posting on his thread?

I don't know, I sent a PM to him without answer...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this/page/11?hl=heater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.