(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 526 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by EdHess
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
2222 (resized).jpg
1111 (resized).jpg
4444 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
8-29-2019 9-21-28 PM (resized).jpg

There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 51 days ago
Quoted from Heater:

Word of caution. I put the SD card back into the fan and accidentally put it in at an angle and it fell straight inside the fan arms. I can hear it rattling around but it stops when the fan is at full speed. There is no apparent easy way to take it apart. Be sure when you put it back it in,do so carefully.

That happened to me as well. It's actually pretty simple to get out. The blades snap apart easily. Then I had to remove a few screws to lift off the round plastic so I could get the card out. It shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to retrieve it.

#502 51 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I emailed Dan but will also post here.
The image is shifted clockwise on my fan. It has been from day one. Is there a way to adjust it? It needs to be turned counter clockwise so that it's level. Don't know if that's possible.

We have noticed that will level out most of the way over the first 5 minutes, but their is still a little slant. It is only noticeable on videos that have a straight line on the bottom, which I would estimate is about 2% of the videos that we supply. I think it is the nature of the beast.

#503 51 days ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I think the little remote with the up and down arrow keys that came with the unit we'll tweak that[quoted image]

That looks great on that game. We tired to make a good selection of videos for the basic set at first for games such as Space Shuttle. We are going to be focusing on premium sets for the next few months, then we will go back and start adding videos to the basic set.

Comments of wanted videos are very helpful to us. I am sure we will get a lot of feedback at Chicago, and I take notes. But comments are helpful.

Thanks

#504 51 days ago
Quoted from johninc:

Dan, I left a message on your website a few weeks ago. Can you put me on the list?

I am sorry, not sure what happened, but I will follow up with my email person. If you have a question, you can PM us here, but my email person is part time, so it sometimes takes a couple of days to get a reply, and I don't regularly come to this thread.

We have not listed these on our website yet because we are still filling orders here. If you want to order, you can order from these links, and email us what premium set you want.

LPM ULT TOPPER: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-topper/

LPM ULT WALL ART: https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/ultimate-pinball-topper/lpm-ultimate-wall-art/

#505 51 days ago
Quoted from Heater:

Word of caution. I put the SD card back into the fan and accidentally put it in at an angle and it fell straight inside the fan arms. I can hear it rattling around but it stops when the fan is at full speed. There is no apparent easy way to take it apart. Be sure when you put it back it in,do so carefully.

Yes, you need to make sure you put the card in straight, their is a slight gap in the casing. The one person that posted an issue with theirs was because of that from the factory. We now run and test all units before shipping.

They blades pop apart pretty easy. I was able to use my fingernail to separate the end of one arm, then slowly pull apart till you get to the center hub. Then do the same thing on the other arm. When both arms are loose, you can pop the center apart and the front comes right off. Then it clicks back into place.

1 fan (resized).jpg1 fan 1 (resized).jpg1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
#506 50 days ago

Ok, with the new GB code the back box light goes off and on a lot. This is where I have my sensor for my topper, so it keeps freezing from restarting so often.
Not sure what to do now.

#507 50 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Ok, with the new GB code the back box light goes off and on a lot. This is where I have my sensor for my topper, so it keeps freezing from restarting so often.
Not sure what to do now.

I had a similar problem with my space shuttle machine , there's not a single light that's always on. Was able to tie the topper into some external LED ground effect lights I have. So that remote powers the topper.

#508 49 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Not sure what to do now.

It can be put next to any light, I often us a GI light and have this right next to it, also we put it next to the coin door light often. Also check you pedometer, and dial it to be more sensitive.

We have used that relay for a few different mods, and have a few thousand of them out their.

Thanks
Dan

#509 46 days ago

So here's a question, have you guys thought of possibly offering a cherry-picked premium package. Where say a premium package where you could pick and choose from everything in the premium category ,much like you do with the basic video sets. Maybe like 20 or 25 picks.

20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
#510 45 days ago

How many clips currently for Attack from Mars/Revenge from Mars? Any plans for a premium pack for that?

Seems like this would be a perfect fit for the Pinball 2000 theme.

#511 45 days ago

Anybody making their own Star Wars clips?

I would like to see what people are coming up with.

#512 44 days ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Anybody making their own Star Wars clips?
I would like to see what people are coming up with.

I just edited and grabbed a bunch of the clips from the original movies. The clips came out great. Probably have about 30 clips on the projector.

#513 44 days ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I just edited and grabbed a bunch of the clips from the original movies. The clips came out great. Probably have about 30 clips on the projector.

Thanks! Those look nice.

I do think some clips would look better zoomed in to eliminate the letterboxing. Hopefully there is a simple solution to achieve this.

#514 44 days ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Thanks! Those look nice.
I do think some clips would look better zoomed in to eliminate the letterboxing. Hopefully there is a simple solution to achieve this.

I agree about the letterbox. You need to find vids without the letter box or bring them into a video editing program to make those changes. It can be done just more editing which I didn't feel like doing . LOL

#515 44 days ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Updates.
These premium sets are ready for upload:
1. Jurassic Park
2. Star Wars
3. Deadpool
4. Ghostbusters
5. Stern Star Trek
These are done and will be ready for upload in a few days:
1. Iron Maiden
2. Batman 66
3. Willy Wonka
4. The Munsters
5. World Cup Soccer
If you wanted one of the above premium sets, PM us and we will get you the link.
Sets we are working on now:
1. Creature From the Black Lagoon
2. Scared Stiff
3. Terminator
4. Twilight Zone
5. Iron Man
6. Indiana Jones
We canceled going to York because we have been so busy.
We will be in Chicago and will have 8 or more of these on display and will have some stock. We also should have the wall art shield and the topper shield in stock at the show.
A title that has moved up on the to do list is Elvira House of Horrors, we will have it ready for Chicago.
As a side note we will have a supply of PDI glass. You can verify with Joey at PDI that he supplies me to sell at shows.
I have not checked this thread in about 10 days and will get caught up on any questions.
We don't sell the videos. We do make videos to support this product. When you purchase a Hologram fan, we direct you to the location of the videos. Videos are subject to change.
Please PM us if you need the location of a set of videos.
Thanks
Dan

Iron Maiden ready for upload yet?

#516 42 days ago

OK I finally got my topper. I have it up and running but am having ZERO success in trying to use the "224" tool that came with the fan to upload videos over wi-fi. I get my .bin file created, connect to the fan's wifi network, and use the "File Upload" function within the app to try and upload a file to the fan. It will get some small percentage of the way through the transfer (6% is the highest I've ever got) and then fail with some kind of write error. I can control the fan using the app over wifi (advance videos, etc) but I have failed on all 10 attempts I've made to upload small or large files to it.

The slot for the SD card is very tiny and if you aren't very careful you will end up sending the card into the abyss and have to disassemble the blade and have to dig it out (don't ask me how I know this!)

Has anyone else had any succcess in transferring files via wifi?

#517 36 days ago

Does anyone's topper freeze on an image?
I was having the issue where it kept shutting off because the lights would go out on Ghostbusters, so I ran the sensor to the coin light and everything was fine. Then yesterday it kept freezing on an image, and I had to turn it off to restart. After about 10 mins it would freeze again.
Not sure what the problem is.

#518 36 days ago

Was having the same issue with mine when attached to the coin light on my space shuttle machine, however that would turn off at certain points during gameplay and in attract mode. Have since attached it to system light inside back box that is always on and have had no problems with images freezing since.

#519 34 days ago

So got some videos on my topper to day. As I thought I know nothing about computers. Way harder then I thought to do this. Good thing I had a friend that could help. This thing is amazing if you know how to use a computer that is. He still has a lot of editing to do but wow Ultimate topper indeed. IMG_2009.MOV

1 week later
#521 24 days ago

I think I might sell mine, anyone interested?

#522 24 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think I might sell mine,..

What?!? How is that possible? It's the Ultimate!

#523 24 days ago

The slimer and Ghostbusters videos just dont look as good as I had hoped. They look good, just not what I expected.

3 weeks later
#524 1 day ago

Got my setup today, Look at the videos. install the software, plug the usb thing into the computer. Computer doesn't recognize the usb stick. get on fb, guy tells me the carrier is empty the micro sd thing is in the fan. Ok look at fan I see what appears to be a clip like you see on a battery cover. Insert small screwdriver to pry it up. I had no idea that was a actually a micro sd card. I just never use them. Usb sticks rarely but a few times. gist of it is I didn't realize the usb stick was only a "carrier" for the micro sd and my prying on the fan rendered the micro sd card into trash. Once inserted to the carrier explorer would not recognize it. Its not like I failed to read the written directions (there arent any) . I did get the pink sheet with the video links. I think if I had received written instructions like everything else in the world I would have this working tonite. Oh and I didnt get a link to the ghostbusters download on the pink sheet. Why make people jump through hoops. Send another email? Ok I guess this is designed to avoid bootleggers. Sorry for the rant but this was just a frustrating start to what I believe will be a showstopper. Nuts... Now I wait for them to send me the files I need on a new micro sd card.

Sometimes you just do better than others... nuts

#525 1 day ago

If you had trouble removing the sd card from the fan, you are not going to have a fun time putting videos on it.

You shouldn't use any tools to remove the sd card, just push it in and it pops out.

#526 1 day ago
Quoted from finnflash:

If you had trouble removing the sd card from the fan, you are not going to have a fun time putting videos on it.
You shouldn't use any tools to remove the sd card, just push it in and it pops out.

Yep, thought it was mounted inside. Amazon just delivered me a new card. I know now!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside