(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcp (resized).JPG
EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpg
F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So all those shown on that page are in the basic set and will play when I turn it on?

You have to add whichever videos you want to play.

#452 4 years ago

Glad you're OK!!!

#453 4 years ago

Does everyone like the topper?

#454 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Does everyone like the topper?

Mine still hasn’t showed up. But super excited can’t wait to set it up.

#455 4 years ago

Got mine all set up, just waiting for some Ghostbusters images. I had some Metallica on there to try it out and it looks really cool.

#456 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Got mine all set up, just waiting for some Ghostbusters images. I had some Metallica on there to try it out and it looks really cool.

Pretty sure mines going on met.

#457 4 years ago

My unit has not shipped yet as far as I know.

#458 4 years ago

Definitely need 8 ft clearance? Im about 7'4" ceiling height in my basement...

#459 4 years ago

I would like to see this on the Star Wars pack, minus the title screen and the bad death star render at the end.

#460 4 years ago

Do you have video of Deadpool topper? Thank you.

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I would like to see this on the Star Wars pack, minus the title screen and the bad death star render at the end.

With the programs they give you with the topper, you can easily make that into one of your images. I have played around with it a little and it's easy to crop videos to what you want.

#462 4 years ago

Sorry dumb question while I'm waiting for this awesome topper to arrive. In watching some of the Star Wars (as an example) topper images many appear rectangular full left to right but the top and bottom are simply flat like a tv screen. Would it be possible to zoom in on the image so it fills the entire round topper projection area? Not sure if that makes sense but seems like it would look really cool if say the light speed video actually looked more like a round light tunnel than a rectangle. Just wondering if any of the savvy owners have figured out a way to use the whole projection area.

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry dumb question while I'm waiting for this awesome topper to arrive. In watching some of the Star Wars (as an example) topper images many appear rectangular full left to right but the top and bottom are simply flat like a tv screen. Would it be possible to zoom in on the image so it fills the entire round topper projection area? Not sure if that makes sense but seems like it would look really cool if say the light speed video actually looked more like a round light tunnel than a rectangle. Just wondering if any of the savvy owners have figured out a way to use the whole projection area.

Yelobird, maybe if you take your video and crop the image in something like Sony Vegas, you can render the video and save it with just the image you are focusing on. Then you can take your edited video, bring it into the software that comes with the hardware and try to focus on just that image you want to project on the topper. As of now i cannot find anything that will zoom in on specific images or areas of a video that is downloaded into the software. As I show in my video, a round circle represents the projection area on the topper. You cannot zoom in on any part of the video with the software that comes with the hardware in that circle unfortunately. I am happy with the way my videos have turned out, but I understand people want to focus on just parts of the video. I would think with what I stated above, editing a video and cropping the image you want should allow the software just to focus on that one image you want the projector to show.

#464 4 years ago

Is Spiderman in the works? Premium kit

#465 4 years ago

Is the OP back in business yet?

#466 4 years ago

haven't heard from him In awhile, hope everything is ok

#467 4 years ago

Yep he is, got some news lately.
Probably trying to catch up with mails and orders.

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Yep he is, got some news lately.
Probably trying to catch up with mails and orders.

Thanks!

#469 4 years ago

Received mine today! Thanks!

#470 4 years ago

Received mine too. WOW. Just the factory demo loop is amazing!

#471 4 years ago

Hey guys.
I emailed Dan but thought I would post here to see if one of you could help.
Where are all of the pinball related downloadable videos that are supposed to be included with the fan in the "basic set"?
I only can count 132 generic videos on youtube (animals, race cars, etc.) According to above posts there are supposed to be over 600 videos in the basic set. And according to the lightedpinballmods website there are supposed to be over 300.
What am I missing?
Thanks

EDIT- The problem I was having was with youtube. The link from the website brings me to a very small list of watchable youtube videos. I needed to click the "play all" link which brought me to a MUCH larger list of videos.

#472 4 years ago

There is a link you go to from the instructions that came with it.

#473 4 years ago

EDIT- The problem I was having was with youtube. The link from the website brings me to a very small list of watchable youtube videos. I needed to click the "play all" link which brought me to a MUCH larger list of videos.thanks for the heads up I was wondering the same thing. Love the product!

#474 4 years ago

So after spending multiple hours tinkering on videos and playing around with this fan I can say this is the coolest gadget I've bought in a very long time. If anyone is on the fence about buying one of these, don't hesitate. It's just awesome. All of the videos online of this in action don't do it justice.
I'm using it as a display piece in my home arcade right now. I've installed multiple videos of arcade games, pinball theme characters, pinball logos, etc..
I'm actually debating on buying another one just for the sole purpose of a Batman 66 topper. The BM66 videos are fantastic!

Nick

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Yelobird, maybe if you take your video and crop the image in something like Sony Vegas, you can render the video and save it with just the image you are focusing on. Then you can take your edited video, bring it into the software that comes with the hardware and try to focus on just that image you want to project on the topper. As of now i cannot find anything that will zoom in on specific images or areas of a video that is downloaded into the software. As I show in my video, a round circle represents the projection area on the topper. You cannot zoom in on any part of the video with the software that comes with the hardware in that circle unfortunately. I am happy with the way my videos have turned out, but I understand people want to focus on just parts of the video. I would think with what I stated above, editing a video and cropping the image you want should allow the software just to focus on that one image you want the projector to show.

This is correct. You have to start with the original video, make your changes to zoom in there, and then re-align and then export the full set of images using the included software. That’s how these work - they are rapidly showing a ton of still images. I’ve had lots of issues converting videos with mine (which is —-NOT a Lightedpinballmods product—-)

So you just have to make small changes and just keep trying

#476 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

100%. This is a heavy duty, high velocity fan with very thick blades. It can’t touch ANYTHING or there will be issues

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

100%. This is a heavy duty, high velocity fan with very thick blades. It can’t touch ANYTHING or there will be issues

Thanks..

#480 4 years ago

Iron Maiden. This set has some of my personal favorites.

#482 4 years ago

Through lots of trial and error I have successfully set up my hologram fan pretty nicely with some great videos. I'm VERY happy with it. I thought I would post a few pointers here to help out others so they may avoid some of my time consuming mistakes.

My tips..
1- use the recommended programs in THIS order. clipgrab (creates mp4s), vsdc editor (edits mp4s), and then 224_3D (converts mp4s to bin files)
2- if you want your videos to show up in a particular order, alphabetize your final bin files but make sure they don't start with any capital letters (the fan loads the files with capital letters FIRST which took me a long time to figure out)
3- 50 bin files MAX! Even though there is PLENTY of space on the sd card, if you try 51 then NONE of them will play on the fan
4- the fan does not require the "app and program" folder on the sd card. You can delete it after you have copied it to your PC. All you need are the bin files on the sd card

Hopefully this will help out some of you.

Nick

#483 4 years ago

Updates.

These premium sets are ready for upload:

1. Jurassic Park
2. Star Wars
3. Deadpool
4. Ghostbusters
5. Stern Star Trek

These are done and will be ready for upload in a few days:

1. Iron Maiden
2. Batman 66
3. Willy Wonka
4. The Munsters
5. World Cup Soccer

If you wanted one of the above premium sets, PM us and we will get you the link.

Sets we are working on now:

1. Creature From the Black Lagoon
2. Scared Stiff
3. Terminator
4. Twilight Zone
5. Iron Man
6. Indiana Jones

We canceled going to York because we have been so busy.

We will be in Chicago and will have 8 or more of these on display and will have some stock. We also should have the wall art shield and the topper shield in stock at the show.

A title that has moved up on the to do list is Elvira House of Horrors, we will have it ready for Chicago.

As a side note we will have a supply of PDI glass. You can verify with Joey at PDI that he supplies me to sell at shows.

I have not checked this thread in about 10 days and will get caught up on any questions.

We don't sell the videos. We do make videos to support this product. When you purchase a Hologram fan, we direct you to the location of the videos. Videos are subject to change.

Please PM us if you need the location of a set of videos.

Thanks
Dan

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So all those shown on that page are in the basic set and will play when I turn it on?

They are in the basic set, and you can download them. The hologram fans will only hold 50 videos at one time.

#486 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No, I am sorry, it won't fit. It could be mounted to the wall behind the machine, but you would lose the botton few inches of the hologram. We tried real hard to get the blade to drop lower, but caused a lot of cavitation. 7' 6" is the lowest ceiling you should go.

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Do you have video of Deadpool topper? Thank you.

Yes, a few posts above.

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

With the programs they give you with the topper, you can easily make that into one of your images. I have played around with it a little and it's easy to crop videos to what you want.

Yes, thank you. We tried to supply programs that were easy to use. What you can do is really limitless.

#489 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes. One of the programs allow you to crop videos to make them more square to remove the rectangle look. The program is pretty easy to use. In the editor about 1/3 of the way across the top is a section called "cutting and splitting" then crop, it is pretty easy.

On the videos I supply, they are ready to play without the need of using the editor. If you are downloading your own videos, you probably will want to use the editor.

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

haven't heard from him In awhile, hope everything is ok

Thank you, yes, everything is fine, just been very busy.

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Is Spiderman in the works? Premium kit

Yes. The premium sets are taking a bit longer then originally expected. We are going to try to get Spiderman premium done before Chicago, but it will be close.

#492 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Transparent aluminum would work!

Scotty is dead, Jim.

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

So after spending multiple hours tinkering on videos and playing around with this fan I can say this is the coolest gadget I've bought in a very long time. If anyone is on the fence about buying one of these, don't hesitate. It's just awesome. All of the videos online of this in action don't do it justice.
I'm using it as a display piece in my home arcade right now. I've installed multiple videos of arcade games, pinball theme characters, pinball logos, etc..
I'm actually debating on buying another one just for the sole purpose of a Batman 66 topper. The BM66 videos are fantastic!
Nick

Thank You. It is a cool toy, and so much can be done with it.

#494 4 years ago

All orders should be shipped. PM us and we can verify and check tracking.

Thanks
Dan

#495 4 years ago

Mine showed up today to bad I have a busy week. Thanks for everything can’t wait to set it up next week boo.

#496 4 years ago

I emailed Dan but will also post here.

The image is shifted clockwise on my fan. It has been from day one. Is there a way to adjust it? It needs to be turned counter clockwise so that it's level. Don't know if that's possible.

#497 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I emailed Dan but will also post here.
The image is shifted clockwise on my fan. It has been from day one. Is there a way to adjust it? It needs to be turned counter clockwise so that it's level. Don't know if that's possible.

I think the little remote with the up and down arrow keys that came with the unit we'll tweak that

20190918_190217 (resized).jpg20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
#498 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I think the little remote with the up and down arrow keys that came with the unit we'll tweak that[quoted image]

I thought that just turned it off and on

#499 4 years ago

Dan, I left a message on your website a few weeks ago. Can you put me on the list?

#500 4 years ago

Word of caution. I put the SD card back into the fan and accidentally put it in at an angle and it fell straight inside the fan arms. I can hear it rattling around but it stops when the fan is at full speed. There is no apparent easy way to take it apart. Be sure when you put it back it in,do so carefully.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.