(Topic ID: 245322)

The Ultimate Pinball Topper. OMG, you need to see this!

By Litedpinballmods

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 653 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mcp (resized).JPG
EB9D2159-F0AB-4151-B396-1275D8FA022A (resized).jpeg
20210108_172319 (resized).jpg
Screen Sh(1) (resized).jpg
F92448B0-9F12-4F68-B118-3526346CDB94 (resized).jpeg
20190930_215748 (resized).jpg
1 fan (resized).jpg
1 fan 2 (resized).jpg
1 fan 1 (resized).jpg
20190918_190217 (resized).jpg
0911170703e_resized (resized).jpg
0911171644_resized (resized).jpg
20190902_155827 (resized).jpg
224 wifi (resized).jpg
dorian (resized).jpg
3333 (resized).jpg

There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 4 years ago

Imagine if someone was color blind and could only see black and white their entire life, then try to explain color to them. That comparison is how these videos are to the real thing!!

Oh My God!! Is the reaction we get from EVERYONE that sees these!!

We wanted to get into the topper market, so we figured we needed to do the best! So, we made a hologram topper!

This topper looks 10 times better in real life then it does in these videos. We have been working on this a long time, and we will have some demos at Pintastic.

These videos were done in very bright lighting, as a matter of fact, we put a spot light on them so you could see the back ground, in any lighting these are very vibrant.

The topper is designed to work in a room with an 8 foot or taller ceiling. It comes with two sized stands, one to use the full space above a Stern or Bally game height. Another stand that drops the hologram 2 inches below the top of the game, for taller games such as Gottlieb or Sega. This topper is designed to work with all games, even EMā€™s.

The price for this topper is $249.99. When you purchase the topper you will get access to our video library of about 300 videos that you can load on your topper. They should be ready to ship on 8-1-2019.

For most games we will have a few videos, some games like Star Wars we will have more. You can put one video on your topper, and the video will repeat. If you want to put more videos on your topper at the same time you can do that. Some of our videos are generic, such as flames, most are game specific. Many videos can be used on a few games, such as the Tesla coils list here as Monster Mash, that video will also work well for Metallica and Frankenstein.

Or you can put a few videos together to make a story, such as the Attack from Mars video below, then the meteor shower video, then one of our fire videos.

You can change videos at any time, just go to our website, use your password and download a new video from our entire library. So, this one topper can be used on all of your games.

We will also include a wall mount, so if you want to out a selection of your game and use it as a decoration.

Life span is 50,000 hours. It makes about the same amount of sound as a fan. It does not have sound, just video. Viewing angle is 150 degrees.

I guarantee this will be a jaw dropper at Pintastic.

As a side note, I will have a limited selection of PDI glass at Pintasic for $300 a sheet, cash.

If you want to look at just one video, check out Guns N Roses or Lord of the Rings.

We plan on having something for most of the top 100 games except for games that come with an original topper, such as FishTales or The Addams Family

AC DC

Attack From Mars

Batman 66

Checked Flag

Deadpool Disco Ball

Dragon

Funhouse Balloons

Ghostbusters ā€“ slimmer

Guardians of the Galaxy

Guns N Roses

Ironman Helmet

Jurassic Park

Lord of the Rings

Metallica Title

Meteor shower

Monster Bash

Pirates of the Caribbean

Spiderman

Stargate

Terminator

The Simpsons Lisa

Twilight Zone

Theatre of Magic

Toy Story Woody

Tron Flynns

Tron

#2 4 years ago

That's pretty rad

#3 4 years ago

they look great.

#4 4 years ago

Wow, thatā€™s really cool!

#6 4 years ago

Iā€™d love to see photos of the stand and mounting.

Also, would buyers be able to use animations of their own?

#7 4 years ago

I want to see a video where you slam tilt the machine, then shake the hell out of it and then yell at it to see what it does to those. If it stays solid, I agree, pretty awesome.

#8 4 years ago

That is pretty impressive. Nicely done.

#9 4 years ago

I will take a couple

#10 4 years ago

How about one for Iron Maiden LE? If you use Eddie in a fighter plane, could be very cool.

#11 4 years ago

Wow thatā€™s impressive. Well done

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Iā€™d love to see photos of the stand and mounting.
Also, would buyers be able to use animations of their own?

The videos have the prototype stand, the production stand will be a little cleaner, and use velcro to mount to the top of the game to keep it from moving. The topper would not move on it's own, but anything on top of the back box need to be secured because of the game moving. Yes, we will include software that would allow you to put your on graphics on the topper.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

How about one for Iron Maiden LE? If you use Eddie in a fighter plane, could be very cool.

We hope to have 6 or more videos for Iron Maiden when we start selling. We have a few different ways to produce videos. That video has been suggest and has been reviewed, but I don't see that happening for a few months if we do that. But, we will have a video of Eddie the pilot, working on that now. Here is the base we are working from.

eddie pilot (resized).jpgeddie pilot (resized).jpg
#15 4 years ago

I am sorry for any issues. I did get pretty sick, and did get pneumonia, and was out for a few months. I did have some issues with my gal that was doing emails, and some things did get lost in the translation. We have done many metal Stern panels. I will send you my personal email, please forward your emails to me, and I will take care of them. Nearly everything on this mod is factory made.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We hope to have 6 or more videos for Iron Maiden when we start selling. We have a few different ways to produce videos. That video has been suggest and has been reviewed, but I don't see that happening for a few months if we do that. But, we will have a video of Eddie the pilot, working on that now. Here is the base we are working from.[quoted image]

I own that mask! I have it near my machine. Lol

#17 4 years ago

A question came up about what I meant by a spot light. Those videos were recorded in a very bright light. The reason I did that was so you could see the wall behind the hologram. This hologram system uses 224 LED's and is vary bright in any environment. If I record in an average lit room, because of the LED,s it closes the iris and makes everything behind the hologram very dark, it makes it just look like a video on a monitor. Here are some examples.

All videos were done with the game on.

These videos will demonstrate the colors better.

Ghostbusters

Lord of the Rings

Pirates

Tron - Flynns

#18 4 years ago

Looks great. I wish the TZ one was more colourful (I realise the show was B&W), but I guess if you can put your own videos on it it's not the end of the world.

#19 4 years ago

I love my toppers but that cord would drive me nuts. Anyway to hide that up the back of the stand?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I love my toppers but that cord would drive me nuts. Anyway to hide that up the back of the stand?

Hopefully production version will have a piece of rigid tubing or conduit to house the wires.

#21 4 years ago

Maybe the stand could be made out of plexi with a clear cord running up and through it?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Maybe the stand could be made out of plexi with a clear cord running up and through it?

Clear cord? I dont think clear copper wire exists yet.

#23 4 years ago

It's like the Jaws hologram from bttf part 2

I like it but would like to cover up the cords as much as possible

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Not the actual wire, just the plastic cord that wraps it. I have a lamp with one.

#25 4 years ago

For the DIY club:

ebay.com link: 0

$150 for the work to create the media and making it into a kit isnā€™t too bad. The only thing Iā€™d keep in mind is that these are fans: 1/ they make noise, 2/ keep them away from small kids.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Transparent aluminum would work!

#27 4 years ago

Star Wars?

#28 4 years ago

Yeah, this is pretty awesome. How much space do you need above game?

#29 4 years ago

I've seen these type of fan hologram devices which i thought were cool. Nice work making them into a topper.

#30 4 years ago

Any plans for a custom video for The Getaway? Maybe something modelled after the backglass with 504 police car and helicopters chasing a period Lambo Diablo?

Also, would love to see a T-Rex scene that can be incorporated with Jurassic Park.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I completely understand, yes it can be cleaned up a lot. When we were taking the pictures we messed a lot with lighting and camera settings, that we did not notice the cord. The cord has one of those magnets on it, that is the little bigger box, that could be put behind the main center black unit. The stand is clear, thick plexiglas so you get the most effect of the hologram, I would run the power cord down the edge of the plexiglas and secure with clear scotch tape.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's like the Jaws hologram from bttf part 2
I like it but would like to cover up the cords as much as possible

Not quite, LOL

#33 4 years ago

I've seen similar hologram fans in action and they look cool. It would be even cooler if the images displayed would interact with gameplay, like change when starting a certain mode. I know that may be difficult to achieve for existing games. Wonder how long it will take for a pinball manufacturer to actually integrate such toppers with the game and get the most out of it.

#34 4 years ago

Congrats on your success!

I had been messing with these for 2 years, and turned it over to others.!!

They look phenomenal!!!!

#35 4 years ago

They look awesome - great work!

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Any plans for a custom video for The Getaway? Maybe something modelled after the backglass with 504 police car and helicopters chasing a period Lambo Diablo?
Also, would love to see a T-Rex scene that can be incorporated with Jurassic Park.

Getaway is a bit of an issue that we have not addressed yet. In saying that, we do have a red Lamborghini video that I am not happy with yet. I think we have a helicopter video that is not done yet. We are working on a new system on the videos, and if it works well, we would be a 504 police car, after we resole our issue.

Our issue, the bottom of the stand is 3 /12" deep by 12" inches, 3 inch wide 1/4" clear plexiglass is the support column, which is mounted to the back center on the bottom plate. We have not tried the fitting it on that game, but we think the siren will interfere with the stand and column.

That game may be a bit on the back burner.

#37 4 years ago

Is there a limit to the number of videos you could cycle through? May be a good wall decoration that cycles through an entire collection

#38 4 years ago

Like to see Ghost Busters over an original topper !

#39 4 years ago

Getaway is a bit of an issue that we have not addressed yet. In saying that, we do have a red Lamborghini video that I am not happy with yet. I think we have a helicopter video that is not done yet. We are working on a new system on the videos, and if it works well, we would be a 504 police car, after we resole our issue.
Our issue, the bottom of the stand is 3 /12" deep by 12" inches, 3 inch wide 1/4" clear plexiglass is the support column, which is mounted to the back center on the bottom plate. We have not tried the fitting it on that game, but we think the siren will interfere with the stand and column.
That game may be a bit on the back burner.

For Getaway, it would need to set to the side of the lamp. Not sure what kind of spacing is available, but I can measure - might have to go one in each side for balance

#40 4 years ago

Will it be possible for users to develop their own videos?

Oops, nevermind. I just went back and read entire thread where I saw you plan on enabling users to add their own videos.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I've seen similar hologram fans in action and they look cool. It would be even cooler if the images displayed would interact with gameplay, like change when starting a certain mode. I know that may be difficult to achieve for existing games. Wonder how long it will take for a pinball manufacturer to actually integrate such toppers with the game and get the most out of it.

Their are a bit of challenges with that. A memory card can hold 50 videos, so that is not the problem. If you put one video in the memory, that video will repeat.

We wanted to make the fit of this mod as universal as possible, so we are using our photosensor relay that we invented and introduced about a year and a half ago, you see it a bit about 60 seconds into this 90 second video:

You can see when I move my hand over the photosensor and block the light the hinges turn off. When you put this relay in your back box, when you turn on your game it senses light and send power through. This sensor can also be put next to an individual light on the playfield and the hologram could be turned on and off with any light on the play field. (As a side note, I loaned my Guardians of the Galaxy game to Rock Custom Pinball at last years Pintastic which had that mod. 5 months later he then started selling a copy of our relay, yes, he stole it, and I don't have an issue saying it, since I started showing off and shipping the relay 8 months before he did his)

So with that relay you could make the fan interactive with one video, but another issue is it take the hologram about a second to start, and during that time the picture is jumpy, so the makers put an advertisement of their product in the first second. So every time that light turned on, you see a one second advertisement. That is either in the hardware or firmware, but their is no way we can get to it.

To do multiple interactive videos, would be very, very, very hard need specialized hardware and software, very expensive to design.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Will it be possible for users to develop their own videos?

Yes, we will supply the required software to convert the file to the format the hologram understands. Any custom software, I would love if it was shared me to post. I would give credit to any designer, name and link, but no money.

#43 4 years ago

Nice work Dan, this could be a BIG seller for you. Wish my ceiling was taller. LOL

#44 4 years ago

Yes, we will supply the required software to convert the file to the format the hologram understands. Any custom software, I would love if it was shared me to post. I would give credit to any designer, name and link, but no money.

I would think a growing community would be more than willing to share their videos with others just for name credit. Many currently do this (including me) with mods like PinSound and Pinduino.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Like to see Ghost Busters over an original topper !

You would need a 9 foot ceiling for that. But would work.

#46 4 years ago

I will post a couple of videos today of the wire better hidden.

#47 4 years ago

Need sound in the videos you posted. So we can hear the fan running.

#48 4 years ago

It kills me that I have been trying to resolve an issue with you guys for weeks now on receiving some wrong parts in which none of my emails through your site or paypal have been responded to and only 1 PM here has been responded to and yet, you have time to post multiple posts here about a new product.

While it is great that you guys are developing new stuff, please take the time to support the other things you already sell. I am stuck with a machine in parts because you sent me the wrong kit, and no way to resolve the issue because you guys do not respond to any emails.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Can they sit lower so you don't see cord at all?

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

It kills me that I have been trying to resolve an issue with you guys for weeks now on receiving some wrong parts in which none of my emails through your site or paypal have been responded to and only 1 PM here has been responded to and yet, you have time to post multiple posts here about a new product.
While it is great that you guys are developing new stuff, please take the time to support the other things you already sell. I am stuck with a machine in parts because you sent me the wrong kit, and no way to resolve the issue because you guys do not respond to any emails.

While not disputing your experience, I received a damaged lighted speaker panel, and they were very prompt in responding and making things right. I trust that his comment about having health issues is genuine, but iā€™m Sure some improvements can be made in accounting for issues when they arise.

I would suggest if you want to address concerns about other topics than what the thread is intended for, then you create a new one focused on your issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
16,500 (OBO)
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
There are 653 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.