IMG_1140 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1144 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1146 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8914 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8913 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8912 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 32.
#1551 76 days ago

Hi everyone, there was a triangle foam piece near the ball trough before the ball goes in the shooter lane I removed that as I though I’m suppose to? I’m playing a game and there wasn’t enough power for the ball to come out of the trough and 2 balls came in and after another ball wouldn’t come out. Please if I could get some help.

#1552 76 days ago

Cleaned all the balls off and no more issues. Any explanation please? I’m clueless? Magnetized? All I notice is the pinball I think gets launched to hard than bounces off the wood wall at the shooterlane then goes in the trough sometimes. Adjust the power on the coil? Lower? Appreciate any tips please

#1553 75 days ago

Put the triangle piece back, no issues now. Very crazy day yesterday on many accounts.

However the captive ball doesn’t seem as sensitive. I really have to hit it direct the register a hit. Anyway to adjust it? Wasn’t like that on the first day of playing the game

1 week later
#1554 67 days ago

Got butter/no butter email. #79

#1555 67 days ago
Quoted from Boycer:

Damn, I'm 80, will refresh my emails every 10 minutes now! Lol

#1556 67 days ago
Quoted from Boycer:

Same!!! #82

#1557 67 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

151 won't be the end of the year. It will be earlier than that. As I've said before as well it's a moving target now. As more units sell we can increase speed. So when you asked maybe that was the timeline but I can tell you that we have already sold enough that 151 will be sooner.

Gday SpookyLuke

Any update for those in Australia on when we might be getting our TCM?

Cheers

Brett

#1558 66 days ago

#53 off the line, put in box, and shipped. Gonna be chopping them up soon.

#1559 66 days ago

Plugging the owner's thread again for all y'all with games- hop over there!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-back-to-the-farmhouse-texas-chainsaw-massacre-owners-club

#1560 65 days ago

Just paid my invoice for #72!

#1561 61 days ago
Quoted from Rampmaster:

I believe it is based on the number of games sold at present time to keep the line busy all year. If they sell 12 machines, their production schedule would be 1 machine per month. If they sell more to say 36, they would up the production schedule to 3 machines per month. So it is always changing based on number of sales. At least how I understand it.

But if Spooky has enough sales revenue at 3 games per week to afford to pay their staff for an entire year, why slow production? Just commit to paying them what you were going to pay them for the year no matter what and set the production line on fire. If the work dries up, the worst that can happen is that you pay your staff the exact same amount you were going to pay them anyway. Ride the wave of enthusiasm. Show customers that they can trust you with a deposit because you’ll get them a game in 2 months instead of 7 or 8. Take money out of the hands of Stern or CGC or any other manufacturer by getting games out in the wild. Spooky has the capabilities to do it but, for some reason, they won’t. Their games are easily as good as or better than most of the current offerings. I can’t, for the life of me, imagine why they want to slow production and make people wait. It can’t be about the staff salaries, the math proves that much.

#1562 61 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

But if Spooky has enough sales revenue at 3 games per week to afford to pay their staff for an entire year, why slow production? Just commit to paying them what you were going to pay them for the year no matter what and set the production line on fire. If the work dries up, the worst that can happen is that you pay your staff the exact same amount you were going to pay them anyway. Ride the wave of enthusiasm. Show customers that they can trust you with a deposit because you’ll get them a game in 2 months instead of 7 or 8. Take money out of the hands of Stern or CGC or any other manufacturer by getting games out in the wild. Spooky has the capabilities to do it but, for some reason, they won’t. Their games are easily as good as or better than most of the current offerings. I can’t, for the life of me, imagine why they want to slow production and make people wait. It can’t be about the staff salaries, the math proves that much.

Except manufacturing costs money, this is why factories do slow down as even if they can build up product inventory, it's costing not only man hours, but your having to pay for the supplies of said products, as well as storage becomes an issue as they only have so much storage space for finished product as well. Spooky has grown but they aren't Stern which can pump out hundreds of machines each week. Gotta realize Stern can sell out and produce a run of 1000 LE machines in 2-3 weeks time. Something that would take Spooky almost a year to produce. These are very different scales of companies, and for smaller manufacturers you can't just pump out product without sales coming in.

But that's hypothetical, if that is what Spooky is doing as claimed by the other poster

#1563 61 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Except manufacturing costs money, this is why factories do slow down as even if they can build up product inventory, it's costing not only man hours, but your having to pay for the supplies of said products, as well as storage becomes an issue as they only have so much storage space for finished product as well. Spooky has grown but they aren't Stern which can pump out hundreds of machines each week. Gotta realize Stern can sell out and produce a run of 1000 LE machines in 2-3 weeks time. Something that would take Spooky almost a year to produce. These are very different scales of companies, and for smaller manufacturers you can't just pump out product without sales coming in.
But that's hypothetical, if that is what Spooky is doing as claimed by the other poster

I get it, I really do. But if this is the case, why make the statement as a company about slowing down the production in order to keep employees busy? Why not fulfill orders as fast as the factory line is capable of producing them so that no one has to wait (especially if you *already* have the sales to support salaries for a year). Money would come in faster that way and sales would likely increase because of building momentum. Just an observation.

#1564 61 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

I get it, I really do. But if this is the case, why make the statement as a company about slowing down the production in order to keep employees busy? Why not fulfill orders as fast as the factory line is capable of producing them so that no one has to wait (especially if you *already* have the sales to support salaries for a year). Money would come in faster that way and sales would likely increase because of building momentum. Just an observation.

I think they're saying they're not going to hire more people to produce more games. Not that they're having people purposely slow down. Sounds like they're adjusting resourcing to produce games at the lowest cost at a pace that supports the sales they've made so far. If manufacturing outpaces sales then they'll need to lay people off or something I imagine. This is a boutique manufacturer. Pinball sales are in a slow down. I'm glad spooky is trying to continue to stay in it.

#1565 61 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

I think they're saying they're not going to hire more people to produce more games. Not that they're having people purposely slow down. Sounds like they're adjusting resourcing to produce games at the lowest cost at a pace that supports the sales they've made so far. If manufacturing outpaces sales then they'll need to lay people off or something I imagine. This is a boutique manufacturer. Pinball sales are in a slow down. I'm glad spooky is trying to continue to stay in it.

If that’s true, it makes total sense. Thanks for the clarity.

#1566 61 days ago

Was star struck to meet some great folks/movie stars from one of my favorite horror flicks this weekend at Texas Frightmare Weekend in Irving, Tx and got them to autograph the backglass on my Texas Chainsaw Massacre Pinball Machine. Turns out Edwin Neal “Hitchhiker” lives 10 minutes away in Rowlett, Tx and has his TCM Pinball on order awaiting delivery. I told him I’d be happy to assist with setting his up and maintenance when his game comes in and gave him my contact info.

Everyone was “in ahhhh” to actually see the backglass to the pinball in person.

Not too many of the original cast are still alive today considering this year marks the 50th Anniversary of TCM.

Signatures I received:
Edwin Neil - Hitchiker
Allen Dazinger - Jerry
William Vail - Kirk
John Dugan - Grandpa
Ed Guinn - Black Maria, Cattle Truck Driver

Kim Henkel - Screenplay/Story By
Ron Bozman - Producer

IMG_1128 (resized).jpegIMG_1128 (resized).jpegIMG_1131 (resized).jpegIMG_1131 (resized).jpegIMG_1135 (resized).jpegIMG_1135 (resized).jpegIMG_1138 (resized).jpegIMG_1138 (resized).jpegIMG_1140 (resized).jpegIMG_1140 (resized).jpegIMG_1144 (resized).jpegIMG_1144 (resized).jpegIMG_1145 (resized).jpegIMG_1145 (resized).jpegIMG_1146 (resized).jpegIMG_1146 (resized).jpeg
#1567 60 days ago

Just paid final invoice - #82!

#1568 60 days ago
Quoted from gregcube:

Just paid final invoice - #82!

Hand wringing intensifies- 8 away from me!

#1569 60 days ago

Just paid Invoice #79

#1570 60 days ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Was star struck to meet some great folks/movie stars from one of my favorite horror flicks this weekend at Texas Frightmare Weekend in Irving, Tx and got them to autograph the backglass on my Texas Chainsaw Massacre Pinball Machine. Turns out Edwin Neal “Hitchhiker” lives 10 minutes away in Rowlett, Tx and has his TCM Pinball on order awaiting delivery. I told him I’d be happy to assist with setting his up and maintenance when his game comes in and gave him my contact info.
Everyone was “in ahhhh” to actually see the backglass to the pinball in person.
Not too many of the original cast are still alive today considering this year marks the 50th Anniversary of TCM.
Signatures I received:
Edwin Neil - Hitchiker
Allen Dazinger - Jerry
William Vail - Kirk
John Dugan - Grandpa
Ed Guinn - Black Maria, Cattle Truck Driver
Kim Henkel - Screenplay/Story By
Ron Bozman - Producer
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing!

#1571 58 days ago

I’m having a bit of an issue with my game and wondering if this is just how it’s designed or worse a design flaw. I’m really trying to enjoy “like” my game but this is frustrating.

I’m noticing I’m getting a ridiculous amount of right outlane drains, like virtually unsavable even with nudging. Even more frustrating is when the ball is held in place by the up post above the right inlane/outlane, once the post goes down it does a quick bounce into the rubber and down the right outlane it goes.

I have verified my game is leveled properly and I’ve even removed the rubber on the post between the entrance of the inlane/outlane and it seems to make no difference if not worse. Post is also in the upper whole which should make drains less likely.

I know the old saying “play better” but this is down right frustrating if not almost always impossible to save.

In only 200 games so far. The audits are telling.

Has anyone else yet noticed or experienced the right outline drain hog?

IMG_1190 (resized).jpegIMG_1190 (resized).jpeg
#1572 58 days ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I’m noticing I’m getting a ridiculous amount of right outlane drains, like virtually unsavable even with nudging. Even more frustrating is when the ball is held in place by the up post above the right inlane/outlane, once the post goes down it does a quick bounce into the rubber and down the right outlane it goes.

I have verified my game is leveled properly and I’ve even removed the rubber on the post between the entrance of the inlane/outlane and it seems to make no difference if not worse. Post is also in the upper whole which should make drains less likely.

I know the old saying “play better” but this is down right frustrating if not almost always impossible to save.

In only 200 games so far. The audits are telling.

Has anyone else yet noticed or experienced the right outline drain hog?

I'm right there with you, 9 out 10 drops from that post above end up down right outlane after bouncing off sling. Also the ball eject in the upper left when it ejects the ball into that loop if you don't hit it with the upper flipper a lot of times comes right down into the right outlane. I've tried tweaking most everything and no help so far. Beyond frustrating and at a loss how to change it. I'd post further stuff in the owners thread and not the hype thread.

#1573 58 days ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'd post further stuff in the owners thread and not the hype thread.

Oh I see you did, was reading this one first.

#1574 57 days ago

Yesterday had the opportunity to play TCM at a Alamo Draft House in Austin yesterday and had an absolute blast! Getting to hear it better and figure out where all the shots lead was such a good time! Every game Spooky does just seems to get better and better! Definitely ordering TCM!

#1575 57 days ago
Quoted from Watkinsd13:

Yesterday had the opportunity to play TCM at a Alamo Draft House in Austin yesterday and had an absolute blast! Getting to hear it better and figure out where all the shots lead was such a good time! Every game Spooky does just seems to get better and better! Definitely ordering TCM!

I have a Texas Chainsaw Collector's in stock and ready to ship! Let me know how we can help you.

[email protected]
www.KingPinGames.net
Authorized Spooky Pinball Distributor

#1576 56 days ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have a Texas Chainsaw Collector's in stock and ready to ship! Let me know how we can help you.
[email protected]
www.KingPinGames.net
Authorized Spooky Pinball Distributor

I've bought TCM from Chris as well as several other games we subdeal through him.
Chris is a good dude...buy with confidence.

3 weeks later
#1577 30 days ago

Just received #72 today.

0ED0EDFC-39AB-4978-A610-8CF444064CF9 (resized).jpeg0ED0EDFC-39AB-4978-A610-8CF444064CF9 (resized).jpeg
#1578 30 days ago

You’re on a roll dude! David is a bad influence.

#1579 30 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

You’re on a roll dude! David is a bad influence.

The best kind of bad influence! Although I’m now trying to convince him to sell his Star Wars Premium and get a TCM. Also - I’m trying to get him to come out to PA in November for Monster Mania. If he does - and you go - we’ll all have to meet up.

#1580 30 days ago
Quoted from BretBMF:

The best kind of bad influence! Although I’m now trying to convince him to sell his Star Wars Premium and get a TCM. Also - I’m trying to get him to come out to PA in November for Monster Mania. If he does - and you go - we’ll all have to meet up.

Totally! I’ll be at Nightmare Weekend in Richmond, VA this October also. Lots of Halloween and Friday the 13th folks, including the Master himself. I plan to bring both backglasses for a signature extravaganza.

Edit:
Dang, lots of Alien folks at MonsterMania. I’ll have to bring that backglass too. I’m going to go broke…

#1581 25 days ago

#82 is ready to ship!

#1582 25 days ago

Farewell hype thread. #79 is home.

20240624_161615 (resized).jpg20240624_161615 (resized).jpg
#1583 25 days ago
Quoted from gregcube:

#82 is ready to ship!

Did you order direct from Spooky or through Nitro?

Who emailed you to state it was ready to ship?

#1584 24 days ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Did you order direct from Spooky or through Nitro?
Who emailed you to state it was ready to ship?

Direct. Morgan emailed me.

#1585 24 days ago

Freight company is picking up my #88 from Spooky today.

#1586 24 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Freight company is picking up my #88 from Spooky today.

!! I got 90, I gotta be not far behind you.

3 weeks later
#1587 20 hours ago

Come check us out! We've got some special deals going on just ask me about it at the booth

Screenshot_20240719_122840_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240719_122840_Facebook (resized).jpg
#1588 16 hours ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Come check us out! We've got some special deals going on just ask me about it at the booth
[quoted image]

What are these deals and what about us plebs in another country still supporting spooky??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.