Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 50 days ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5731 (resized).jpeg
    2AA51F5D-DF42-42D6-AD12-DDC33A3730F5 (resized).jpeg
    D5C7466C-083F-4A43-AD92-FA134ED46AA3 (resized).jpeg
    961B6DB6-248C-4340-8426-B22C320BDEF8 (resized).jpeg
    91D7F5CD-F99C-4FBC-B433-1E47BE1AEC90 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230304_094147_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230227_185215_Facebook (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    8D4B12E9-14EE-4D29-BB23-DABFE3422FAD (resized).jpeg
    F081906B-E3B3-4419-9D6A-E9C4EA016002 (resized).jpeg
    CA06E76F-7531-4FA3-9340-D12BB99D322F (resized).jpeg
    rocky horror (resized).jpg
    DAD8DF7A-8E92-4ABE-865F-BA0D845C0E9B (resized).jpeg
    Z (resized).jpg
    There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 3 years ago

JJP has a hit on their hands with Guns N’ Roses. In fact, GnR is such a hit that JJP was not prepared for the CE to sell out.

JJP has hitherto targeted family friendly titles. With GnR showing them that more mature themes are desired by collectors, will this cause JJP to start targeting more mature themes? Will JJP see the allure of music pins and go after Metallica and AC/DC? Doesn’t matter that those themes were done a decade ago, a new Metallica and new AC/DC would sell like hot cakes if done well.

Toy Story is heavily rumored to be next. While I know Toy Story has its fans (heck, I enjoy the Toy Stories franchise), it’ll probably sell about like Willy Wonka did. JJP may start looking at other themes that Stern did in the past for a redo (Stern just did this with Avengers). Game of Thrones? South Park? Simpsons?

What themes would you like to see JJP secure? How about something all new like Witcher?

#2 3 years ago

I think Toy Story will be more popular than Wonka and its the perfect theme for Pat Lawlor.

As far as new themes -- I would like to see Eric do Mad Max. I prefer the Mel Gibson era Road Warrior stuff but Fury Road wouldn't be bad either. I think Eric would knock either one out of the park.

The question is -- could they get the assets?

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

JJP has a hit on their hands with Guns N’ Roses. In fact, GnR is such a hit that JJP was not prepared for the CE to sell out.
    JJP has hitherto targeted family friendly titles. With GnR showing them that more mature themes are desired by collectors, will this cause JJP to start targeting more mature themes? Will JJP see allure of music pins and go after Metallica and AC/DC? Doesn’t matter that those themes were done a decade ago, a new Metallica and new AC/DC would sell like hot cakes if done well.
    Toy Story is heavily rumored to be next. While I know Toy Story has its fans (heck, I enjoy the Toy Stories franchise), it’ll probably sell about like Willy Wonka did. JJP may start looking at other themes that Stern did in the past for a redo (Stern just did this with Avengers). Game of Thrones? South Park? Simpsons?
    What themes would you like to see JJP secure? How about something all new like Witcher?

The Beatles as an original full-featured layout with the songs pulled from their more mature days such as from Revolver and Sgt. Pepper could sell a ton of games.

I would like to see JJP make their flippers snappy like Stern games. In Dialed-In and Wonka they seem weak and sluggish or minimized to just enough power to make the shots which does not feel as good to flip.

#4 3 years ago

The Matrix

#5 3 years ago

K'man speculates they are going after Avatar to coincide with the sequels

#6 3 years ago

I would like to see JJP tackle a major modern video game theme like:

- World of Warcraft (my pick if I am being honest)
    - Halo
    - League of Legends
    - Gears of War
    - Call of Duty
    - or a Nintendo theme

Music and Movie based pins are the norm for sure...but I would just like to see a different type of theme.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

- Halo
    - League of Legends
    - Gears of War
    - Call of Duty
    - or a Nintendo theme
    Music and Movie based pins are the norm for sure...but I would just like to see a different type of theme.

Right on brother!

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

part way though your game you are forced to coin up again to keep playing.

#9 3 years ago

Someone said Witcher would be great but I would prefer it be based on the video games or the books. I dont want henry cavil lifelike art. As always my grail would be Harry Potter but that aint happening. If they go video game franchises like someone mentioned Id suggest final fantasy, fallout, or Resident Evil which could all be great pins.

Im looking forward to seeing how Toy Story comes out. I recently got wonka and love it. Also love Dialed in from Pat so looking forward to Toy Story(maybe in 2023, ha hope its sooner.)

#10 3 years ago

I know its been done a few times already but I think a lot of people would love to see JJP do a Star Wars Pin. It's a lot of people's grail theme so I think they would still jump all over a JJP Star Wars game.

#11 3 years ago

I’m puzzled by why no one has done a Minecraft pin by now. It is enormously popular and you could make a really cool rule set out of the crafting feature. I would think it would fit with JJPs core competencies.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m puzzled by why no one has done a Minecraft pin by now. It is enormously popular and you could make a really cool rule set out of the crafting feature. I would think it would fit with JJPs core competencies.

This is a great idea IMO. Minecraft is a theme that can be fun across different age groups.

#13 3 years ago

Harry Potter
    Ozzy
    Matrix.

#14 3 years ago

Matrix would be good.

#15 3 years ago

Speaking of mature themes, if we're going strictly on popularity alone, Golden Girls was ranked among the Nielsen ratings Top 10 for six of its seven seasons.

Get Betty White to do callouts before it's too late!

#16 3 years ago

Wishlist -
    Back to the Future
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit
    Matrix
    Super Mario
    Zelda

#18 3 years ago

Matrix for the win!!

#19 3 years ago

I wish they would do Led Zep instead of a different company.

#20 3 years ago

I'd like to see Matrix i could see them making a cool Elton John Pinball.

#21 3 years ago

Back to the Future, based on all 3 films, would be a huge seller.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

While I know Toy Story has its fans (heck, I enjoy the Toy Stories franchise), it’ll probably sell about like Willy Wonka did.

Strongly disagree. Willy Wonka is a theme known primarily to older generations, those who watched Toy Story with their children. There may not be future Toy Story movies but Disney will feature Toy Story for at least the better part of the next generation. There is no “Willy Wonka Land”.

Unless Toy Story has no “toys” or the use of IP is extremely limited (like POTC), Toy Story should easily outsell Wonka. Heck, I know a Disney collector that will probably buy one just for the art/theme.

To answer your question on other themes - I would love to see “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” but that is probably more stale than Wonka and may have licensing issues. My dream theme from JJP (right up there with Toy Story) would be a Back to the Future trilogy game.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I'd like to see Matrix i could see them making a cool Elton John Pinball.

Elton John is that your dream theme?I don’t thinkJJPwill be doing that any time soon.There’s a new sheriff in town at JJP!!

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

- Halo
    - League of Legends
    - Gears of War
    - Call of Duty
    - or a Nintendo theme

How about a hybrid: Resident Evil. Tons of high quality movie assets with incredible visuals, an adult theme, solid following.

If they do a Nintendo theme, it really needs to be Zelda.

#25 3 years ago

Whichever game it may be, it better have 800 leds and the "Bright Edition" TM will have 1200 leds.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

JJP has hitherto targeted family friendly titles. With GnR showing them that more mature themes are desired by collectors, will this cause JJP to start targeting more mature themes? Will JJP see allure of music pins and go after Metallica and AC/DC? Doesn’t matter that those themes were done a decade ago, a new Metallica and new AC/DC would sell like hot cakes if done well.

I 100% total agree on everything in your post. JJP was missing out on not having any mature themes and I hope this quick sell out of the CE’s will convince them to start releasing more of them.

As far as what kind of titles I would like to see .... music pins! I love music pins . I’m open to any classic rock title and would love to see JJP’s version of a AC/DC and Metallica pin. I would probably buy every music pin JJP would release if they were done right .

#27 3 years ago

My gut says another hair band theme?
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from ceterumnet:

This is a great idea IMO. Minecraft is a theme that can be fun across different age groups.

I dont know anybody over 15 that plays minecraft. It would not be seller IMO.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Whichever game it may be, it better have 800 leds and the "Bright Edition" TM will have 1200 leds.

Soo, your saying JJP should do Lite Bright!!!

#30 3 years ago

I want to see a JJP Sci-Fi game along the lines of BSG, Terminator, Alien, Predator
    Any of those please

#31 3 years ago

It better be back to the future, or Im going to be very very upset to the point that I may go to my local grocery store and put fake fruits where the real fruits are just to annoy people.

#32 3 years ago

I think toy story is way bigger than wonka and I can’t wait to see it.

My jjp choices would be

Star Wars
    Harry Potter
    Labrynth
    Princess bride
    Muppets
    Back to the future
    Star Wars
    Indiana Jones
    Superman 78
    Batman & Batman returns
    Star Wars
    Gi joe cartoon
    Transformers g1

Remakes would be

AC/DC
    Jurassic park
    Ghostbusters
    Ninja turtles 90 movie
    Star Wars

There’s always been something special about the classic movies and jjp, but some of these other themes would be amazing.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I think toy story is way bigger than wonka and I can’t wait to see it.
    My jjp choices would be
    Star Wars
    Harry Potter
    Labrynth
    Princess bride
    Muppets
    Back to the future
    Star Wars
    Indiana Jones
    Superman 78
    Batman & Batman returns
    Star Wars
    Gi joe cartoon
    Transformers g1
    Remakes would be
    AC/DC
    Jurassic park
    Ghostbusters
    Ninja turtles 90 movie
    Star Wars
    There’s always been something special about the classic movies and jjp, but some of these other themes would be amazing.

Good list

I am sure JJP would make Muppets something amazing.

I would love if they did a Transformers G1 pin

That said...Toy Story is a great theme for JJP as well.

#34 3 years ago

Movies:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Multiballs

Music:

Pink Floyd. Entire catalog, or themed to The Dark Side of the Moon, or The Wall.

#35 3 years ago

I wouldn’t mind another Metallica. The band was pretty into the Stern one with all the voice call outs and they are into pinball, so if they do decide on another music pin, this could be a good route.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I dont know anybody over 15 that plays minecraft. It would not be seller IMO.

I played for quite some time, though haven’t for a while now. That said, I don’t know how popular it is among the pinball age demographic. If you haven’t tried it, it is a fantastically creative game that really sucks you in. It can also be a great way to bond with your kids.

#37 3 years ago

Classic pinside thread.

Not even 5 days after a major JJP release and everyone is already looking forward to rehashed stern titles.

#38 3 years ago

BTTF would be a dream theme for me.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I played for quite some time, though haven’t for a while now. That said, I don’t know how popular it is among the pinball age demographic. If you haven’t tried it, it is a fantastically creative game that really sucks you in. It can also be a great way to bond with your kids.

I did try it on a smaller phone back in the day, and I do agree it is a fun, creative game. Might translate to pinball well though, hit shots in order to build stuff.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Classic pinside thread.
    Not even 5 days after a major JJP release and everyone is already looking forward to rehashed stern titles.

Well, this is the "Next JJP pin" thread, so kinda makes sense to talk about possible future pins, unless you have some info regarding the next pin?

I would love Mad Max, Prefer the old school, but Fury road would be cool too, especially if it was the "Chrome" version. Updated Centaur!

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I did try it on a smaller phone back in the day, and I do agree it is a fun, creative game. Might translate to pinball well though, hit shots in order to build stuff.

Definitely better played on a computer, in survival mode, and slowly build up your world.

Mad Max Fury Road or just general Mad Max would also be killer.

#42 3 years ago

I would buy the crap out of a Mad Max pin.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Now that JJP has really shown us what they are capable of, the enthusiasm is awfully high (along with expectations). JJP games have always been good, but seeing what they did with a more mature theme has me hoping for something like Game of Thrones...possibly based on the books but with the actors doing voice work...

#44 3 years ago

The problem with another band theme is that they used a lot of cool ideas (drumsticks, bass neck with wireforms, guitar head lock) that will look recycled on another game now. Obviously, they're creative folks but those were three pretty good ideas jammed into one game.

#45 3 years ago

Dreaming about what the next game/theme is is nice but #7 has to be near/at the end of the development cycle.
    The only relevant question for game #7 now: “Is it Toy Story or not?”

Maybe this thread should be re-titled “What games should JJP do?”

#46 3 years ago

I can think of SOOOO many that JJP would knock out of the park. Top of my list would be JAWS, but I believe Stern has that license and maybe (hopefully) they'll stop teasing us with it and actually make it. That having been said, my wishes for future JJP games would include...

BTTF
    Ozzy
    Beetlejuice
    Motley Crue

and, I know these two will never get made, but Rocky or Rambo

#47 3 years ago

I guess I need to rewatch Jaws.

#48 3 years ago

I know this won't scratch everybody's itch but i think a JJP pin on the card game Magic: The Gathering would be a smash, allowing for interesting rules sets, tons of available artwork, a rabid fan base that is into clever physical games and collecting. It would expand the pin hobby significantly as well to an age group that should be getting enough money at this point to buy their own.
    Also location placement in board game stores worldwide.

#49 3 years ago

I’d like to see another Universal monsters pin especially now that we have the ability to use movie clips. JJp could knock this out of the park

#50 3 years ago

I’m out if it’s Toy Story.

I purchased my first JJP NIB this time with GnR. Hopefully JJP understands who their Avatar is now. Build machines for grown men who have the means to pay for them equals sales.
    Granted that is just one piece of the puzzle.

I look forward to another release from them, I just hope it’s not a kids themed pin.

There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-next-jjp-pin-?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.