Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5731 (resized).jpeg
    2AA51F5D-DF42-42D6-AD12-DDC33A3730F5 (resized).jpeg
    D5C7466C-083F-4A43-AD92-FA134ED46AA3 (resized).jpeg
    961B6DB6-248C-4340-8426-B22C320BDEF8 (resized).jpeg
    91D7F5CD-F99C-4FBC-B433-1E47BE1AEC90 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230304_094147_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230227_185215_Facebook (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    8D4B12E9-14EE-4D29-BB23-DABFE3422FAD (resized).jpeg
    F081906B-E3B3-4419-9D6A-E9C4EA016002 (resized).jpeg
    CA06E76F-7531-4FA3-9340-D12BB99D322F (resized).jpeg
    rocky horror (resized).jpg
    DAD8DF7A-8E92-4ABE-865F-BA0D845C0E9B (resized).jpeg
    Z (resized).jpg
    There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

It was like $500 a ticket for good seats but not field. They were on the side. Close enough. Some floors were $1000-2000 a ticket. Guy made a shit ton it was sold out. I'm kind of done with huge concerts like that its too much of a hassle. Was a large ballpark. Also was a year wait after buying the tickets.

My three sons will get me a ticket once in awhile so I’ll go with them.
    I stand in back of them but they’ve caught me hitting on a doobie from the folks next to me.I think the twenty something’s are humored by me getting a buzz.I came from a time period were we went to two or three concerts a month.An example would be Boston,Nazareth and Starcastle for $7.50

#202 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

It was like $500 a ticket for good seats but not field. They were on the side. Close enough. Some floors were $1000-2000 a ticket. Guy made a shit ton it was sold out. I'm kind of done with huge concerts like that its too much of a hassle. Was a large ballpark. Also was a year wait after buying the tickets.

Very few bands from that era sound any good now. The few exceptions are Journey and REO. Journey because they got a new lead singer who is Steve Perry in another life and REO because Kevin Cronin is a freak of nature. The truth is age takes away vocal cords. Sad but true. I went and saw Genesis on their last tour and Phil Collins had to sit because of some kind of condition he had. He had backup singers to help augment him when he had to hit high notes. Was still a great concert, but clearly his last tour.

I really think what Journey ended up doing is the best option. Work on a replacement singer and then just rotate band members as needed. If you don't find a good replacement lead singer and get him woven in to the band, the band will die hard. Maybe that is what these bands want though? Either way it is really sad.

5 months later
    #203 1 year ago

I thought special K said next reveal was 2/20, any new prediction/rumors?

#204 1 year ago

Has it been confirmed JJP isn't doing Sonic the Hedgehog? There was that story a while back that someone, not American or Stern, is doing one, and Multimorphic's Project Carbon teaser made it look like it won't be them either. I don't remember if Spooky's been ruled out.

#205 1 year ago

For those not on Facebook, Jack commented on a Pinball Paparazzi post about Foo Fighters:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #206 1 year ago
    Quoted from JimJams:

Has it been confirmed JJP isn't doing Sonic the Hedgehog? There was that story a while back that someone, not American or Stern, is doing one, and Multimorphic's Project Carbon teaser made it look like it won't be them either. I don't remember if Spooky's been ruled out.

Sonic the Hedgehog is a dream theme for me and my three sons!!
    My three grandsons love my pinball machines and like the new movies.
    This would mean I would have to sell a few of my B/W’s

#207 1 year ago

After Jersey Jack changed their background on Facebook i think it is safe to say The Godfather is coming. Can't wait to see what Eric has been cooking.

Screenshot_20230227_185215_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230227_185215_Facebook (resized).jpg

#208 1 year ago

Jack should explain the pic and post with Harry Potter background
    If it’s not HP it was kind of a dick thing to do!

#209 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Jack should explain the pic and post with Harry Potter background
    If it’s not HP it was kind of a dick thing to do!

Yeah that pic and the comment to hold your money was a dick move. Not a great way to garner good will with the community. That said I am still excited to see whatever they release. I am not likely a buyer but it’s still exciting!

#210 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Jack should explain the pic and post with Harry Potter background. If it’s not HP it was kind of a dick thing to do!

Bizarre and childish for sure. Kind of unbelievable for a man of that stature.

Godfather will be my first JJP theme I'm actually excited about and will consider getting. I've felt left out all these years. It's safe to say JJP is in "loses $2k when you drive it off the lot" territory. I can wait for a better price on the secondhand market.

#211 1 year ago
    Quoted from cybevenom:

Can't wait to see what Eric has been cooking.

And if they turned him loose or held him back.

LTG : )

#212 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Sonic the Hedgehog is a dream theme for me and my three sons!!
    My three grandsons love my pinball machines and like the new movies.
    This would mean I would have to sell a few of my B/W’s

I want sonic as well. Shame the homepin creator won’t be able to make it. Only watched godfather movies once to understand the origin of the movie quotes.

#213 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

Yeah that pic and the comment to hold your money was a dick move. Not a great way to garner good will with the community.

Not only do I think it was a dick move, I also think it shows a certain level of nervousness or desperation on the part of JJP. It’s no secret that Toy Story 4 didn’t sell anywhere near what was expected, and if anyone from JJP is listening to pinhead comments they’ve heard that a lot of people don’t think Godfather is a very good theme for pinball. That’s my take on it anyway.

#214 1 year ago

I don't know about not a good theme for pinball, but it definitely has limited appeal. I love the movies but I wouldn't be surprised if a significant number of people don't. Toy Story is a good theme for pinball, but not at $12k. I think if Stern made it with their usual 3 tiers, it would have sold way better. The price is definitely overshadowing how good of a game these latest releases are. I feel like no matter how good of a game they make, the price will always be the starting point of conversation. I can only see huge IPs like Harry Potter or Back to the Future justifying $12k.

#215 1 year ago

just saw this...who knows!

Screenshot_20230304_094147_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230304_094147_Chrome (resized).jpg
    10 months later
    #216 3 months ago

No posts in 10 months? Is this the official Next JJP pin thread or is there another? Hard to fathom not even one post regarding the release of EJ which is old news by now

#217 3 months ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

No posts in 10 months? Is this the official Next JJP pin thread or is there another? Hard to fathom not even one post regarding the release of EJ which is old news by now

Elton John rumor had been floating for a rather long time. I am more interested in the fact that Harry Potter might happen and if so i hope Eric gets his hand on that. Elton plays great but the theme just was not for me and lots of other people. Harry Potter however is a dream theme for a lot of people. Hope that price wise it will be interesting as well. The last few games after the price increase have become to much for me after shipping to Europe. I ain't letting go of my GnR because is still love that game and those autographs on it is really special to me.

#218 3 months ago
    Quoted from cybevenom:

Elton John rumor had been floating for a rather long time. I am more interested in the fact that Harry Potter might happen and if so i hope Eric gets his hand on that. Elton plays great but the theme just was not for me and lots of other people. Harry Potter however is a dream theme for a lot of people. Hope that price wise it will be interesting as well. The last few games after the price increase have become to much for me after shipping to Europe. I ain't letting go of my GnR because is still love that game and those autographs on it is really special to me.

I agree, I'd love a Harry Potter pin. I'd probably even be ok with a generic form as others have mentioned like "the Wizarding world of Harry potter". I'd have to see it first though. A full on Movie licensed HP would be hard to resist. Let's get the speculation going! Love my GnR as well

#219 3 months ago

Heard Matrix is next this summer…

#220 3 months ago
    Quoted from Freakyguy666:

From JJP? That would be odd considering John Wick is a very strong possibility from Stern this year from what I understand

#221 3 months ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

JJP is a has been/coulda been. Pretty much a boutique shop at this point.

#222 3 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

JJP is a has been/coulda been. Pretty much a boutique shop at this point.

I don't disagree. They've priced themselves higher than any other manufacturer in the market today. They've topped that by neglecting to polish code on a few games, particularly GnR. That being said, their machines are beautiful works of art. They need to buckle down, lower prices, focus on code, customer support, and get their roots back.

#223 3 months ago
    Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I also heard the same thing! The Matrix would be a dream come true for me!

#224 3 months ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

I would only consider the matrix if they completed the code on my GnR. I wonder how many people would say the same thing just here on Pinside? Let's say ten? Wouldn't that justify letting a dev complete the code and save face?

So short sighted at the moment on finishing code. I simply don't get it.

#225 3 months ago

Could Mark be next with The Matrix.

Is the rumor Jersey Jack Pinball having Harry Potter evolved any?

#226 3 months ago

I think the code on Wonka, GNR and GF is excellent for the average player.

Just playing the GNR concert experience with all the unique touches in the game, light show etc, along with the bands involvement and SONG CHOICES….

Make it worth every penny for me and then some.

I’m getting an EJ and loving my recent JJP purchases, pricing notwithstanding

#227 3 months ago
    Quoted from iamabearsfan:

So short sighted at the moment on finishing code. I simply don't get it.

No idea for sure. I do wonder if their coders are working on their version of Scorbit/Insider connected that was hinted at about a year ago ?

#228 3 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No idea for sure. I do wonder if their coders are working on their version of Scorbit/Insider connected that was hinted at about a year ago ?

Without any other knowledge of effort, do these two goals have to be done sequentially? Personally the Scorbit/Insider is lower priority to me, but I am not representative of the market. I am just a guy that likes playing pinball and wants to see designers visions come to fruition.

#229 3 months ago

Without any other knowledge of effort, do these two goals have to be done sequentially?

No idea what their plan is. Eric mentioned it in a podcast about a year ago and hinted a surprise coming soon.

jjp posted three things unveiled at Expo, we only saw one.

Could be lots in the works. Could be a big nothing in the works.

#230 3 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Thats my gutfeeling thinking as well. I noticed Keefer was nowhere to be seen on Elton John so maybe he is spearheading that. When the updates are gonna hit i think/hope they hit hard.

#231 3 months ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

warner bros will fuck it up just like they did to the last movie

2 weeks later
    #232 75 days ago

18 day bump!
    Let’s get our hopes up for a 2024 blockbuster!

2AA51F5D-DF42-42D6-AD12-DDC33A3730F5 (resized).jpeg2AA51F5D-DF42-42D6-AD12-DDC33A3730F5 (resized).jpeg91D7F5CD-F99C-4FBC-B433-1E47BE1AEC90 (resized).jpeg91D7F5CD-F99C-4FBC-B433-1E47BE1AEC90 (resized).jpeg961B6DB6-248C-4340-8426-B22C320BDEF8 (resized).jpeg961B6DB6-248C-4340-8426-B22C320BDEF8 (resized).jpegD5C7466C-083F-4A43-AD92-FA134ED46AA3 (resized).jpegD5C7466C-083F-4A43-AD92-FA134ED46AA3 (resized).jpeg
    #233 75 days ago
    Quoted from Wariodolby:

Ahhh hoping for code dropping I get it!

#234 75 days ago
    Quoted from Wariodolby:

18 day bump!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Anything Harry Potter. YES! But JJP better come back down to reality with the NIB prices. Drop a grand or two at all tiers and watch the sales roll in.

2 weeks later
    #235 55 days ago

Just saw the new wonka movie. Loved it and The music was so great.
    Since wonka is their best game to date, i wouldnt mind they try once more to do even better with this story.

#236 54 days ago

Superman probably if it happens will be 2028. Its the 50 year anniversary of that movie then. (God i am getting old )

#237 54 days ago

I just hope Harry Potter is not up next, wallet can’t handle it!

#238 54 days ago
    Quoted from ZombiePartie:

I just hope Harry Potter is not up next, wallet can’t handle it!

Is this a real thing now? Or is it just the rumor mill? I have always heard this was never going to happen.

#239 54 days ago

Is this a real thing now? Or is it just the rumor mill? I have always heard this was never going to happen.

We know they are working on 3 pins. The Matrix and Harry Potter seem to have been the two themes with the most rumor oomph so far. Though there isn’t a rumor for what that third pin is.

#240 54 days ago

Last rumor I heard was World of Harry Potter not Harry Potter proper.

(Like the hogwarts legacy video game).

#241 54 days ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

Last rumor I heard was World of Harry Potter not Harry Potter proper.
    (Like the hogwarts legacy video game).

Major downer if that's the case.

#242 54 days ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Major downer if that's the case.

It could still be fine, like Jurassic Park

#243 54 days ago

The Matrix is coming……Finally!!!!!!

IMG_5731 (resized).jpegIMG_5731 (resized).jpeg
    #244 54 days ago

It could still be fine, like Jurassic Park

That's Stern; JJP is Toy Story 4.

#245 54 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's Stern; JJP is Toy Story 4.

Honestly TS4 is a great game, so no worries there. People mainly wanted a game for all movies but not a big deal to go with only 4 as it is carnival themed.

#246 54 days ago

The Potter Matrix combo...

#247 53 days ago

Honestly TS4 is a great game, so no worries there. People mainly wanted a game for all movies but not a big deal to go with only 4 as it is carnival themed.

but did you see the last matrix movie WB messed it up and if they get to much control the matrix will be bad.

There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-next-jjp-pin-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.