Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 days ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5731 (resized).jpeg
    2AA51F5D-DF42-42D6-AD12-DDC33A3730F5 (resized).jpeg
    D5C7466C-083F-4A43-AD92-FA134ED46AA3 (resized).jpeg
    961B6DB6-248C-4340-8426-B22C320BDEF8 (resized).jpeg
    91D7F5CD-F99C-4FBC-B433-1E47BE1AEC90 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230304_094147_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230227_185215_Facebook (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    8D4B12E9-14EE-4D29-BB23-DABFE3422FAD (resized).jpeg
    F081906B-E3B3-4419-9D6A-E9C4EA016002 (resized).jpeg
    CA06E76F-7531-4FA3-9340-D12BB99D322F (resized).jpeg
    rocky horror (resized).jpg
    DAD8DF7A-8E92-4ABE-865F-BA0D845C0E9B (resized).jpeg
    Z (resized).jpg
    There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 1 year ago

I was never a fan of Matrix series. Glad my funds were absorbed by Wonka.

If Eric is doing the game design, I can only imagine he most likely will integrate all movies like POTC.

I’m sure many pinheads would like this theme.

#152 1 year ago

Dazed and Confused

#153 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

If it's Toy Story, I'll be my first JJP CE pin. Hell, it'll be my first JJP pin.
    Instant theme purchase followed closely by Back To The Future.

Did you get a TS4? Was it what you hoped for?

#154 1 year ago
    Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Heard from several sources this is the next JJP. Not 100% how I feel about this, but I will be open minded as I was with TS.

I also heard the same thing! This is a dream theme for me! I hope Eric gets to be the lead on The Matrix. He did such a great job on POTC.

#155 1 year ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Did you get a TS4? Was it what you hoped for?

I did. Instant CE buy on TS 4 and BTTF is probably my next dream theme.

#156 1 year ago
    Quoted from Noma2017:

I did. Instant CE buy on TS 4 and BTTF is probably my next dream theme.

That's cool, I played it this past weekend and its not for me.

Why are folks thinking JJP is going to do BTTF and not Stern?

#157 1 year ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

As long as it isn't just Matrix 4...

Right now, i would say there is a moderate risk JJP would secure Matrix 4, if they were going after the matrix license. After the Toy Story situation who wouldn’t think that is a legit risk? It certainly is not zero risk…

A Matrix pin on the original movie or original trilogy would do very well.

There were some inferences that Stern did not in fact have the BTTF license wrapped up. Given the demand for the title the assumption is JJP may have it. What is Elwin working on currently? If it is not BTTF then perhaps JJP does have the license.

My guess is JJP has Sonic. I have absolutely no inside info on this, just a guess that Eric wanted the license.

#158 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Right now, i would say there is a moderate risk JJP would secure Matrix 4, if they were going after the matrix license. After the Toy Story situation who wouldn’t think that is a legit risk? It certainly is not zero risk…
    A Matrix pin on the original movie or original trilogy would do very well.

There were some inferences that Stern did not in fact have the BTTF license wrapped up. Given the demand for the title the assumption is JJP may have it. What is Elwin working on currently? If it is not BTTF then perhaps JJP does have the license.
    My guess is JJP has Sonic. I have absolutely no inside info on this, just a guess that Eric wanted the license.

I don’t think Matrix 4 makes any sense. Unlike TA 4 that had most of the more important characters, Matrix 4 only had 2 of them and the movie in general was so damn bad and confusing IMO. I think a Matrix pin based on the original trilogy is the only way to go

#159 1 year ago

That's cool, I played it this past weekend and its not for me.

I am going in blind based on videos and that I like Wonka and Dialed In but Toy Story is a better theme for our household.

I didn’t assume JJP has BTTF. I am buying that theme no matter what. Elwin would be a great choice!

#160 1 year ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

I don’t think Matrix 4 makes any sense. Unlike TA 4 that had most of the more important characters, Matrix 4 only had 2 of them and the movie in general was so damn bad and confusing IMO. I think a Matrix pin based on the original trilogy is the only way to go

I would prefer to see John Wick over matrix.

#161 1 year ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

I don’t think Matrix 4 makes any sense...

Neither did TS4. Not a ThemeKeeper but I didnt think in anyway it would just be TS4.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

.. Unlike TA 4 that had most of the more important characters, Matrix 4 only had 2 of them ...

What exactly are all the main characters of Matrix? Trinity, Neo, Agent Smith, & Morphius are all in 4

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Well if course, it are there enough MemberBerries for it? Also GNR is one thing but all that face gunshots? I guess nothing would surprise me now.
    I'll with for the reowked faceshot video per pop bumper hits

#162 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Neither did TS4. Not a ThemeKeeper but I didnt think in anyway it would just be TS4.

What exactly are all the main characters of Matrix? Trinity, Neo, Agent Smith, & Morphius are all in 4

Well if course, it are there enough MemberBerries for it? Also GNR is one thing but all that face gunshots? I guess nothing would surprise me now.
    I'll with for the reowked faceshot video per pop bumper hits

Well Agent Smith and Morpheus were not the same actors and frankly, they SUCKED!

#163 1 year ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Well Agent Smith and Morpheus were not the same actors and frankly, they SUCKED!

Morpheus was MUCH better than a geriatric obese Fishburne....maybe you thought they would de-age him 20 years?

#164 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Morpheus was MUCH better than a geriatric obese Fishburne....maybe you thought they would de-age him 20 years?

Idk brother, I hated the part where he was kinda being funny with Neo and I guess I’m just used to the original trilogy

#165 1 year ago

I also hated how they did the Merovingian character

#166 1 year ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Idk brother, I hated the part where he was kinda being funny with Neo and I guess I’m just used to the original trilogy

I hear you man, just diff'rent opinions.
    I remember seeing Fishburne in John Wick and I understood he wasn't coming back the the Matrix Universe...ever

#167 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I hear you man, just diff'rent opinions.
    I remember seeing Fishburne in John Wick and I understood he wasn't coming back the the Matrix Universe...ever

Why is that?

#168 1 year ago

I can just imagine a Matrix pin with a hurry up that has the iconic Matrix ringing phone sound prompting you to sink the shot to answer the phone! Then have that movie animation that shows the Matrix code flying through the phone lines or whatever it was!

#169 1 year ago

Cause he's 60 and you want him to do Matrix stuf.

#170 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought he would come back as a counselor or something like that

#171 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

This inference just made my day!

Quoted from TigerLaw:

For what it's worth, during JJP's seminar at Pintastic Jack denied having the Sonic license. David Fix was in the room.

#172 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Didn’t stop Tom Cruise….

#173 1 year ago
    Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Didn’t stop Tom Cruise….

That guy is a robot!

#174 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Of all the Keanu movies , ID like to see Bill &Ted made into a pin

#175 1 year ago

What is JJPs typical release schedule? When do we think they could announce it?

1 week later
    #176 1 year ago
    Quoted from Geeterman1:

What is JJPs typical release schedule? When do we think they could announce it?

Every 18-24 months, give or take a few. They've said multiple times they want to do two games a year, but I guess having a larger factory means you can only do more of one game. I'd also hazard a guess supply chain issues are still hurting them (and Stern, and others).

#177 1 year ago
    Quoted from sgtski1978:

Every 18-24 months, give or take a few. They've said multiple times they want to do two games a year, but I guess having a larger factory means you can only do more of one game. I'd also hazard a guess supply chain issues are still hurting them (and Stern, and others).

Prediction: JJP starts making a new machine sooner than that, not because they are becoming more efficient or anything like that but because they have more problems moving toy stories than any pin they have made before.

#178 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

Prediction: JJP starts making a new machine sooner than that, not because they are becoming more efficient or anything like that but because they have more problems moving toy stories than any pin they have made before.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

#179 1 year ago

My thoughts every time I think about the Toy Story 4 machine.

#180 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

My thoughts every time I think about the Toy Story 4 machine.

Sorry you don't care for it. It's not for everyone, that's certain. I laughed because your statement was so far wrong that it made me chuckle. No offense necessarily intended.

#181 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Sorry you don't care for it. It's not for everyone, that's certain. I laughed because your statement was so far wrong that it made me chuckle. No offense necessarily intended.

Honeymoon phase. Only time will tell. Seriously though WHY TS4?

#182 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

I think they sold over $30,000,000 of product in a day or two. Toy Story might not outsell WOZ or GnR but it will move a significant number of units.

All the same, I do think JJP is going to start releasing games more frequently. Maybe not two a year, but perhaps one every 9 months or so. Three games in two years would be awesome JJP and is attainable.

#183 1 year ago

I've hammered on Toy Story 4 but I still believe that JJP can be the leader in creating loaded games with an amazing world under glass. Pretty much every other pin they have done accomplished that feat.

With Toy Story 4 JJP made a clear departure away from offering a game loaded with mechanical toys and mechs. This direction has been off-putting to many and resulted in a number of people on Pinside alone cancelling their orders (or not ordering at all). Want to charge $12k - $15k for a pinball machine? Ok fine but make customers feel $12k - $15k in value. A spinning disk, a couple pop up mechs, a 10" LCD, and a rather simple ruleset doesn't do that.

Whatever JJP pin comes next its clear that it needs to have far more mechanical devices and deeper code compared to Toy Story 4.

#184 1 year ago

I filled out the JJP questionnaire today, I’m glad they circulated that and sought feedback. I took my time and gave them some detailed answers, I hope everyone takes the time to do the same.

#185 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

Than, say POTC?

Seems the games that get sh!t on the most on Pinside often become the cult classics everyone is clamouring for a few years later.

#186 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hope everyone takes the time to do the same.

And adds get LTG : ) Back

#187 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Than, say POTC?
    Seems the games that get sh!t on the most on Pinside often become the cult classics everyone is clamouring for a few years later.

Definitely some truth to your statement. When JJP announced they were removing the opening chest and triple disc from POTC, the feedback here on pinside was brutal…Cancelled orders, “will grab it for 30% discount next year” posts, over-dramatic boycott threats, “beginning of the end” for JJP comments, etc. Watching it become highly desirable after all the doom and gloom has been one of the highlights of ownership. Lol

#188 1 year ago

I think TS4 is the beginning of JJP 2.0 where you might get more releases, but it'll be JJP boutique prices at Stern Pro BOM. I hope that's not the case, but I have a feeling this is the new road for JJP.

#189 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Than, say POTC?

Willy Wonka being the latest one. I did not want Wonka as I was waiting for TS, but sadly my decision caused me to pay inflated prices to get the same game I could have years ago.
    Bad decision on my part.

3 weeks later
    #190 1 year ago

mmm, wonder what if JJP had a license for the Top Gun movies. What would that look like?

#191 1 year ago
    Quoted from cybevenom:

What would that look like?

Now that Steve Ritchie is with them. It would look like a very souped up F14 Tomcat.

LTG : )

#192 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Now that Steve Ritchie is with them. It would look like a very souped up F14 Tomcat.

Which would be very intriguing.....
    But that price point.... yikes, I'll never spent 10K for a Pin....
    Unless it's big Trouble in Little China....
    But that's just me.

#193 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

i would not mind that at all if done right, after all F14 Tomcat infected me with the pinball virus way back when i was a kid.

3 weeks later
    #194 1 year ago

Spoke with JJP today had to order some parts. BTW a replacement Gabbi head is $31 plus shipping. My rules card was cracked so they are shipping a new one.
    Anyways they have the parts coming in for the next game now so it will be sooner than later. He also said they have three total games in the works and going through testing. I mentioned Elton John and he said we shall see.

#195 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

I mentioned Elton John and he said we shall see.

Did you mention get LTG : ) Back ?

#196 1 year ago

Seriously an Elton John pinball.lol

#197 1 year ago

We went to see Elton John in concert a month ago. Kind of a waists of money and was like $900. He’s great but doesn’t sound like his younger self anymore. I’d be in for a pin.

#198 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

We went to see Elton John in concert a month ago. Kind of a waists of money and was like $900. He’s great but doesn’t sound like his younger self anymore. I’d be in for a pin.

Damn $900!Was they to take the whole family?I saw the Killers,Foster the People and (I forget) for $52
    I’m 60 and I loved Funeral for a friend and a lot of his early work and yes his voice has faltered.

#199 1 year ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Spoke with JJP today had to order some parts. BTW a replacement Gabbi head is $31 plus shipping. My rules card was cracked so they are shipping a new one.
    Anyways they have the parts coming in for the next game now so it will be sooner than later. He also said they have three total games in the works and going through testing. I mentioned Elton John and he said we shall see.

Two games in a year? Could it finally be happening?

#200 1 year ago

It was like $500 a ticket for good seats but not field. They were on the side. Close enough. Some floors were $1000-2000 a ticket. Guy made a shit ton it was sold out. I'm kind of done with huge concerts like that its too much of a hassle. Was a large ballpark. Also was a year wait after buying the tickets.

There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-next-jjp-pin-/page/4?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.