Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 59 days ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5731 (resized).jpeg
    2AA51F5D-DF42-42D6-AD12-DDC33A3730F5 (resized).jpeg
    D5C7466C-083F-4A43-AD92-FA134ED46AA3 (resized).jpeg
    961B6DB6-248C-4340-8426-B22C320BDEF8 (resized).jpeg
    91D7F5CD-F99C-4FBC-B433-1E47BE1AEC90 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230304_094147_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230227_185215_Facebook (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    8D4B12E9-14EE-4D29-BB23-DABFE3422FAD (resized).jpeg
    F081906B-E3B3-4419-9D6A-E9C4EA016002 (resized).jpeg
    CA06E76F-7531-4FA3-9340-D12BB99D322F (resized).jpeg
    rocky horror (resized).jpg
    DAD8DF7A-8E92-4ABE-865F-BA0D845C0E9B (resized).jpeg
    Z (resized).jpg
    There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 3 years ago

I love daydreams...
    Music:
    Ac/DC remake with a larger song selection
    Classic rock...a bunch of singles from different artists
    Queen
    Ozzy/Sabbath
    Alice In Chains
    Nazaraeth
    War
    Parliament (I’d like a funk-themed machine)

Movies/TV:
    Harry Potter
    Jurassic park...with, you know, movie assets
    Firefly
    Tombstone
    Pulp fiction
    Fight club
    He-man...yeah, it’s not adult at all, but nostalgic

#52 3 years ago

Here is an idea... Free of charge.

How about a Juke Box pin? Find a way to make it work with a variety of music. When the music gets old have the ability to change it.
    Main focus on game play and flow...
    It could be a timeless pin if pulled off correctly.

#53 3 years ago

I think one of the biggest questions that needs to be asked is: can JJP handle this much demand? From the distributors I’ve spoke with, JJP is overwhelmed on the amount of orders they got for GNR. So much that JJP is not giving their distributors clear answers on when they’ll get their games. And JJP’s track record is not good for getting games out in a timely manner. Sure they got 100 GNR’s out now, but how long did it take for them to build those 100 and how many games can they get out a week now that the demand has hit? And do they have enough parts ordered to meet demand? How will this demand impact production timelines for their next pin? A good problem to have really, but can they step up and bring this title home in the manufacturing department?

#54 3 years ago

Would love to see JJP do Evil Dead. It can be adult/sexy/campy humor and could be a great theme.

Pulp Fiction
    Die Hard
    Happy Gilmore

Tired of comics and kid friendly themes. A few adult themes sprinkled in would be nice.

#55 3 years ago

I'm still hoping for PTC !

Fred Young can still do the voices.

LTG : )

#56 3 years ago

Yeah, enough with the kiddie themes already.

The Boys.
    Evil Dead.
    Creepshow.
    Black Sabbath.
    Return of the Living Dead.
    Re-Animator.
    Shaun of the Dead.

Something with a bit of spice

And if JJP could keep the price below 5 figures it would help

#57 3 years ago

Ive got money the next JJP title is....
    Drum roll.......
    The "Slash Edition" CE 2.0. Same pizazz. All black armor, different art, different topper.
    Open edition, 12,500, no signature.
    Might see this sooner than you think.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Elton John is that your dream theme?I don’t thinkJJPwill be doing that any time soon.There’s a new sheriff in town at JJP!!

Not a dream theme at all. Just seems like something that would fit for them with some of there previous titles.

#59 3 years ago

John Wick

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I dont know anybody over 15 that plays minecraft. It would not be seller IMO.

I agree with this and get tired of seeing my kids play (well I don't tire of them having fun), same for Fortnite. Dune would be really cool, as a new movie is coming out. They could maybe do a version for the new movie and then a CE with the old art with Bowie.

I just saw a Matrix 4 is coming out so that's an opportunity there.

The community seems to be thinking mainly about old movies. I believe going what's popular now would be best. The only old movie I can think of that I would get excited about now would Back to the Future or Harry Potter. I do agree, they should stick with adult themes.

#61 3 years ago

Hellraiser.
    An American Werewolf in London.
    Scream.

Tarantino movies? Good soundtracks if nothing else.

#62 3 years ago

Beetlejuice
    Beetlejuice
    Beetlejuice

#63 3 years ago

Yes Beetlejuice as a new theme for me and if rehashing an old theme I’d love to see what they could do with Tron.

#64 3 years ago

Black Sabbath, and the Wizard mode could be the Wizard

#65 3 years ago

I’d like to see the Matrix designed by Eric. Or a Ramones pin designed by Eric. A Ramones pin would have to have shorter ball times than a typically JJP.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It better be back to the future, or Im going to be very very upset to the point that I may go to my local grocery store and put fake fruits where the real fruits are just to annoy people.

Hey man! Just think about this! You got so much to live for! Bttf will he made man, I promise, ok? Just put the plastic Grapefruit down.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ive got money the next JJP title is....
    Drum roll.......
    The "Slash Edition" CE 2.0. Same pizazz. All black armor, different art, different topper.
    Open edition, 12,500, no signature.
    Might see this sooner than you think.

Yes, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if another collector edition version of GnR wouldn’t be the “next JJP game”.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think one of the biggest questions that needs to be asked is: can JJP handle this much demand? From the distributors I’ve spoke with, JJP is overwhelmed on the amount of orders they got for GNR. So much that JJP is not giving their distributors clear answers on when they’ll get their games. And JJP’s track record is not good for getting games out in a timely manner.

Yes, this is a huge question. How many games a week can JJP push out the door? Any one know? If not many it could be a long time before we see the next game.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Back to the Future, based on all 3 films, would be a huge seller.

This is a sight unseen CE buy for me.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Movies:
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Multiballs
    Music:
    Pink Floyd. Entire catalog, or themed to The Dark Side of the Moon, or The Wall.

I'll buy both a Dark Side and The Wall...my kids would love the Harry Potter, so I guess I'm in for all three...

#70 3 years ago

Dungeons & Dragons theme done by Eric would be awesome. He’s a fan of D&D and would do it right!

#71 3 years ago

We've said it before, a Christmas theme pin would never work.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sure they got 100 GNR’s out now, but how long did it take for them to build those 100 and how many games can they get out a week now that the demand has hit? And do they have enough parts ordered to meet demand? How will this demand impact production timelines for their next pin? A good problem to have really, but can they step up and bring this title home in the manufacturing department?

Agreed. I think I read that they were going to do 100 LEs, 100 CEs and 100 SEs first or something like that. My guess is, that is how many games they currently have parts for give or take. Going to require some ramping up to get things going, and if something goes wrong with a parts order could see a significant delay in delivering hundreds of more pins.

#73 3 years ago

Weekend at Bernie's would be drop dead amazing.

#74 3 years ago

I know what’s next after Toy Story but I would love to see these:

Matrix
    Beetlejuice
    Back to the Future
    Funhouse Rudy’s Revenge

#75 3 years ago

If it's Toy Story, I'll be my first JJP CE pin. Hell, it'll be my first JJP pin.

Instant theme purchase followed closely by Back To The Future.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I know what’s next after Toy Story

You do? What?

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

You do? What?

#78 3 years ago

Is this a valid rumor? As much as any rumor can be valid?

I liked the original movie, a lot, but have been hearing about the sequels for years, and in the interim have lost all interest.

#79 3 years ago

Do adults Minecraft?

#80 3 years ago

The Matrix!

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Dialed-In and Wonka they seem weak and sluggish or minimized to just enough power to make the shots which does not feel as good to flip.

Huh?!? You need to check your settings. Simply not the case

#82 3 years ago

Dragons Lair or Space Ace would be cool themes since JJP uses the big display. Do them both.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Huh?!? You need to check your settings. Simply not the case

In Dialed-In every place I have played it the left ramp shot does not blast up the ramp like a Stern.
    I don’t have that problem on my WOZ at my house. I have seen WOZ have issues with coil power in locations where there were a lot of games on at the same time though. That seems like more of a driver board design issue in sensitivity to voltage fluctuations.

I don’t remember having any problems in Hobbit. I wonder if it is a Lawlor coil choice issue?

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

In Dialed-In every place I have played it the left ramp shot does not blast up the ramp like a Stern.
    I don’t have that problem on my WOZ at my house. I have seen WOZ have issues with coil power in locations where there were a lot of games on at the same time though. That seems like more of a driver board design issue in sensitivity to voltage fluctuations.
    I don’t remember having any problems in Hobbit. I wonder if it is a Lawlor coil choice issue?

Certainly not the case with my DI. Places you played it must have had flippers toned down... or perhaps power issues?

#85 3 years ago

Themes are one thing, but new features are also something I would love to see:

Music themes:
    - Bon Jovi
    - Pink Floyd

Other:
    - Harry Potter seems to me to have great potential.

Features:
    - Playfield that self levels and changes pitch during game to speed and slow play.
    - Under playfield rotisserie where different elements emerge during play
    - wifi interactivity with other players
    - Blank playfield at start. Elements emerge during play.
    - playfield includes backbox... think plinko
    - foot pedal for action button
    - optos that can detect color. Use different colored balls which do different things. (I thought this was what Wonka would bring.)

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from JDHHoover:

- playfield includes backbox... think plinko

Think Banzai Run

#87 3 years ago

I think JJP needs to do something other than a music pin for the next couple of pins. I’m out on Toy Story. As others have said, it’s too much of a kiddie theme. I’d be into almost any horror theme, done up in full adult mode.

I also saw someone else say Dragon’s Lair. I remember dumping a lot of quarters in that game as a kid. There’s a lot you could do with that theme, but I’m not sure it’s popular enough. Plus, they have already done The Hobbit with Smaug, which is kind of similar.

How about a pin that is Chapter based rather than mode based that saves your progress? The chapters would be much more robust than modes and depending how you do in one chapter may lead you to one of three chapters next for example. Kind of like a choose your own adventure scenario. It would take a lot of programming, but it would be all programming. That would syncs up with something like a Dungeons and Dragons.

#88 3 years ago

God of War!
    Law, I hope you guys didn’t get hit to hard by this last hurricane, Louisiana has taken a beating this year!

#89 3 years ago

John Wick if The Matrix gets gobbled up by Stern

Z (resized).jpgZ (resized).jpg
    #90 3 years ago

Since we are on the Keanu bandwagon, how about a Bill & Ted pin

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Law, I hope you guys didn’t get hit to hard by this last hurricane, Louisiana has taken a beating this year!

It’s been tough. We evacuated to Houston but the word from our neighbors that road out the storm isn’t good. DAD8DF7A-8E92-4ABE-865F-BA0D845C0E9B (resized).jpegDAD8DF7A-8E92-4ABE-865F-BA0D845C0E9B (resized).jpeg

Quoted from Krupps4:

How about a pin that is Chapter based rather than mode based that saves your progress? The chapters would be much more robust than modes and depending how you do in one chapter may lead you to one of three chapters next for example. Kind of like a choose your own adventure scenario. It would take a lot of programming, but it would be all programming. That would syncs up with something like a Dungeons and Dragons.

This is a great idea. I worry it would impact re-playability to some extent (people complain about RFM lacking replay value for this reason, though I strongly disagree with them). It certainly would open up doing games like Zelda or D&D justice.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think one of the biggest questions that needs to be asked is: can JJP handle this much demand? From the distributors I’ve spoke with, JJP is overwhelmed on the amount of orders they got for GNR. So much that JJP is not giving their distributors clear answers on when they’ll get their games. And JJP’s track record is not good for getting games out in a timely manner. Sure they got 100 GNR’s out now, but how long did it take for them to build those 100 and how many games can they get out a week now that the demand has hit? And do they have enough parts ordered to meet demand? How will this demand impact production timelines for their next pin? A good problem to have really, but can they step up and bring this title home in the manufacturing department?

Great question. My buddy bought an LE and thought it would be a couple of months before he got it, well, he already has it on route lol. Cheyenne Wyoming if interested.

#93 3 years ago

They are indeed being shipped and a few already delivered. Buddy of mine got his yesterday in LA Ca.

#94 3 years ago

Wile E Coyote vs the Road Runner, with some awesome mechs involving anvils and TNT. Oh, and of course, free bird seed.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Not a dream theme at all. Just seems like something that would fit for them with some of there previous titles.

Oh I see your logic,hey we’re going to make a music theme pinball.Lets do GnR and kick the shit out of everything music themed before us!
    Oh now let’s do Elton John and the brown dirt cowboy.huh

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Wile E Coyote vs the Road Runner, with some awesome mechs involving anvils and TNT. Oh, and of course, free bird seed.

Oooooohhhh .... I would buy this in a flash!

Never happen though.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

It’s been tough. We evacuated to Houston but the word from our neighbors that road out the storm isn’t good. [quoted image]

This is a great idea. I worry it would impact re-playability to some extent (people complain about RFM lacking replay value for this reason, though I strongly disagree with them). It certainly would open up doing games like Zelda or D&D justice.

Best wishes to you, hope things are in manageable shape once you get back home

#98 3 years ago

Total Recall or Robocop

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I would like to see JJP tackle a major modern video game theme like:
    - World of Warcraft (my pick if I am being honest)
    - Halo
    - League of Legends
    - Gears of War
    - Call of Duty
    - or a Nintendo theme
    Music and Movie based pins are the norm for sure...but I would just like to see a different type of theme.

Legend of Zelda would be...well, Legendary!

It's an all demographic success, and I know many women are into that series since, and well before, Breath of the Wild hit.

Subway systems alone, like via entering a cave, and sound effects could be unreal!

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Great question. My buddy bought an LE and thought it would be a couple of months before he got it, well, he already has it on route lol. Cheyenne Wyoming if interested.

Is your buddy’s place the ice rink?

There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-next-jjp-pin-/page/2?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.